As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Google Map: Where Are You Coming From?

• MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    Durinthal wrote: »
    There's actually a number of Ohioans taking the train (thread here), but it might be a bit far for you to join because all the stops are up on the lake.

Could one of the Cleveland Ohioans do me a huge favour at eat a big meal at Mike Symon's B-Spot? *sigh* I miss those burgers...and ohmahgawd the bourbon-laced bacon and apple pie milkshake...

Done recently. Love that place!

Thanks :) I'll be back for Thanksgiving. Am definitely planning on stuffing myself silly there...

MelesMeles on
  • DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Added my location. Looks like there'll be another Dayton-area dude taking the Metal Gear train there too. Cool.

DeliciousTacos on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Who is Schuss? Apparently a fellow forumer here is in my hometown! Dover for life! <3=)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • azuravianazuravian Dad, Gamer, Beard Owner Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Put 4 more down for Virginia. My wife and I will be back again and this time around we're bringing our nephew (a freshman at UVA) and our son (12 years old).

Gaming. It's what goes on at the family table.

azuravian on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Added myself, training from LI

Goose! on
  • ValantineValantine Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Added me +6 driving from Ohio on the 9th.
    while the train sounds like a blast I've gotta transport too many cookies this year.

Valantine on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I may have used a house pin >_>

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • littlebigkiwilittlebigkiwi Registered User new member
    edited November 2010
    Boat! I'll be living on an island off the coast of California then, so technically I'll need to take a ferry to the mainland before I can go anywhere! (I'm actually from the Boston area, though, so really I'll just be taking the train from my parents' house. But a boat looks way cooler.)

littlebigkiwi on
  • AsmodeusLoreAsmodeusLore Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Added.

Is there a similar project, or perhaps could we add to this one, to show areas of interest, hotels, food sources, etc in the Boston/BCEC area?

AsmodeusLore on
    edited November 2010
    Added.

Is there a similar project, or perhaps could we add to this one, to show areas of interest, hotels, food sources, etc in the Boston/BCEC area?

There's usually a "locals guide to PAX" thread; I thought I saw one lurking around somewhere. If it's not up yet, you can always make one! I'd rather if we kept this map just for travel though, if that's okay?

MelesMeles on
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

You likely missed these threads because they have dropped to the second page:
    Points of Interest Maps: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=128315
    Hitchhiker's Guide to PAX East: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=127998

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • KittehKitteh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Durinthal wrote: »
    There's actually a number of Ohioans taking the train (thread here), but it might be a bit far for you to join because all the stops are up on the lake.

Yeah *sniff* apparently SE Ohio isn't where it's at. :( I think a few of my friends and I will be driving to Pittsburgh and then flying out since tickets are still pretty cheap (<3 JetBlue!)
    Valantine wrote: »
    Added me +6 driving from Ohio on the 9th.
    while the train sounds like a blast I've gotta transport too many cookies this year.

I drove last year and probably would this year too were it to fall during my spring break again. I wish you all iron bladders and the best of us! /salute

Kitteh on
    Mew+Mew+Kitty.png
    :: Twitter :: Steam ::
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nice helicopter bro from Korea.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • RuffasRuffas Registered User new member
    edited November 2010
    Looks like I'm not the only one flying out of Mouse Town.

Ruffas on
  • cakefalsehoodcakefalsehood Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm glad to see a few fellow Connect-i-cutters. (I don't know how else to label our kind. Corrupt-i-cutters sounds too gauche.)

I'm kidding.

Anyway, my dinosaur computer doesn't show the Edit option on the map, for some reason. I would drive, but I hate Boston traffic. I've elected to take the bus.

I'm located in West Hartford.

cakefalsehood on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've added myself right on top of London Bridge train station. I don't actually live anywhere near that station, but I will be passing through it from about 10 miles away, ish, as I travel to LHR :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Manchvegas is now represented! :D

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    kropotkin wrote: »
    I've added myself right on top of London Bridge train station. I don't actually live anywhere near that station, but I will be passing through it from about 10 miles away, ish, as I travel to LHR :)

OMGORSH?! kropotkin is a hobo? :P

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    kropotkin wrote: »

OMGORSH?! kropotkin is a hobo? :P

Said in 'Soup Nazi'* voice NO FORUM BADGE FOR YOU!

* This does not mean this thread has fallen into a trap of Godwin's Law. This post simply makes a reference to a rather famous Sienfeld episode. So SHUSH!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

edited November 2010
    The Soup Nazi insult is the opposite of Godwin's Law. If you compare someone to the Soup Nazi, you automatically win the argument.

cakefalsehood on
  • mahhkkmahhkk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yay! Just added myself. Hopping on the T is so much easier than driving cross-country to Seattle, flying to San Francisco, taking a vacation, then flying home.

Although... this time I don't get a vacation. :(

mahhkk on
    Mark Nolan
    Editor, GameKiq.com

XBLA: shattered aura
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Done! For anyone in the Northern Virginia area, US Airways has some pretty good direct flight rates from DCA. JetBlue had some almost-as-good direct rates from IAD, as well.

OminousLozenge on
    Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Added myself. Not many western Canadians coming :( though I notice a couple tags from the Maritimes. Look forward to partying with you folks.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • InsaneJester17InsaneJester17 Registered User new member
    edited December 2010
    Added! Can't believe I'm the first from RI! Is it March yet?!

InsaneJester17 on
  • QueenMegzQueenMegz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I see a few other Michiganders posted! We need some more!

QueenMegz on
  • RoyalRoyal Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Added and saddened by the lack of points in NC. =( Apparently my state is as non-game-trendy as I always feared it was.

Royal on
    steam_sig.png
    "What we play is life."
    - Louis Armstrong
    Those Gentlemen Gamers
    edited December 2010
    QueenMegz wrote: »

What about Michigeese?

MelesMeles on
    edited December 2010
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    QueenMegz wrote: »

What about Michigeese?

lol. i don't even know what that means...

QueenMegz on
    edited December 2010
    It was a terrible pun off you calling people "Michiganders".

Gander = a male Anser anser domesticus (the species name for domestic northern goose)

Therefore, Michiganders would be males from Michigan. Michigeese would be females.

It was a horrible biology pun, and I feel absolutely awful for bringing it on to this board.

MelesMeles on
    edited December 2010
    haha. it's okay i forgive you :)

i did google Michigeese and found this http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48032225573 !
    so apparently others feel the same way as you :)

QueenMegz on
  • AngrypastaAngrypasta Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Woo, added myself to the map. Cool stuff.

Angrypasta on
  • Masquerade78Masquerade78 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am surprised how few people are currently marked from Seattle.

Masquerade78 on
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Driving up from Fairfax, VA with Robziel. Unfortunately with our stuff and computers for BYOC I don't think we're going to have car space.

ransim on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    It's because PAX is just that awesome.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited December 2010
    Sorry for the Off-topic post, but isn't MelesMeles the scientific name for a European Badger?

cakefalsehood on
  • chelsinat0rchelsinat0r Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Great idea :)

chelsinat0r on
    "...when people call people nerds, mostly what they're saying is 'you like stuff.' Which is just not a good insult at all. Like, 'you are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness'."
    — John Green
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    It's because PAX is just that awesome.

It's so nice they should do it twice.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited December 2010
    Sorry for the Off-topic post, but isn't MelesMeles the scientific name for a European Badger?

WHAT YOU SAY?!?!?!

+10 points to you, sir. Please see my forum avatar for more details. :mrgreen:

MelesMeles on
  • SmidgetSmidget Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Royal wrote: »
    Added and saddened by the lack of points in NC. =( Apparently my state is as non-game-trendy as I always feared it was.

Yeah, I'm just happy to finally see someone else added. Though we do have Epic in Cary, NC, so at least industry-wise we're not complete non-game-trendy.

Smidget on
    I read arrows
  • BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Updated, included a synopsis of my planned epic journey on land, sea, and air. Anyone in the Dallas area that is flying from DFW let me know so we can meet up possibly

BaconSandwich on
    PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!