As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Santaxtravaganza - OP UPDATED! Get to stalking!

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Packing or clear tape is the norm for shipping. Masking tape isn't meant to seal cause the adhesive dries up pretty quick during shipping.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    Packing or clear tape is the norm for shipping. Masking tape isn't meant to seal cause the adhesive dries up pretty quick during shipping.

they didn't turn away my duct taped one either.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I coulda swore I sent a package with masking tape on it before. But they wouldn't even let me tape over the masking tape with their priority tape, said I had to take it off. So I just duct taped the entire thing and then used kraft paper to wrap all that up and use the brown shipping tape.

So sorry, Santee, for making it so hard for you to open my package. :)

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mighty wrote: »
    Arikado wrote: »

they didn't turn away my duct taped one either.

Arikado has a liberal tape agenda.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I coulda swore I sent a package with masking tape on it before. But they wouldn't even let me tape over the masking tape with their priority tape, said I had to take it off. So I just duct taped the entire thing and then used kraft paper to wrap all that up and use the brown shipping tape.

So sorry, Santee, for making it so hard for you to open my package. :)

That's nothing a sharp knife won't fix.
    I dare you to put 'open with hands only' on the package, even if it doesn't matter!

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Figgy wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Since no one in the art forum answered my question, I will ask here.

Does anyone have suggestions on using markers for art? Like, maybe a brand or something to finalize the image (like a primer of some type)? If not, I will just improvise.

Shitty day, but coming in here puts a smile on my face.

You'll have to tell me exactly what you're trying to do. You can send a PM if you like.

I sent you a PM!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Figgy wrote: »
    Since no one in the art forum answered my question, I will ask here.

Does anyone have suggestions on using markers for art? Like, maybe a brand or something to finalize the image (like a primer of some type)? If not, I will just improvise.

Shitty day, but coming in here puts a smile on my face.

You'll have to tell me exactly what you're trying to do. You can send a PM if you like.

I sent you a PM!

Hit you back. Sorry, decided it would be a good idea to buy Baldur's Gate 2 from GOG. Now it's 3AM and I need to get up at 7. I blame Boo.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I meant Thanksgiving, sorry.

Cool. Will send soon.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santa if you're totally at a loss and you have a Franklin lying around I will leave this link here for no reason.

Also sorry for having to look through my nerd rage posts in the League of Legends threads. :oops:

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Oh man. I can't wait for the forums to get merged. I am gonna create a Christmasfied (?) NHL 11 thread. I can't wait!

Oh, and santee, I just have to do some artsy fartsy stuff, get you two more things, and then the wrapping and sending begins!

edit: Santeeeee. I am drawing thumbnails of your giftttttt.

edit: Yea, I am still up. Santee, I am awesome. This gift...I don't know how you won't like it. Hopefully my rough drafts are an exact preview to the final project, because if they are, I am not going to want to give this thing away.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Motherfucker. How did I miss the Secret Santa post?
    It's too late, isn't it?

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It's too late, isn't it?

Yea, the stalking has already begun. When did we start? The 15th?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's too late, isn't it?

Yea, the stalking has already begun. When did we start? The 15th?

I think that's when signups ended and we got the santees a few days later.

So far I've ordered one thing to send out as a gift, but I kinda feel it isn't enough alone and that something else should be sent along with, but I'm not sure what.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Sigmoid were done on the 10th.

Edit. I mean signups. Really iPhone? Sigmoid?

Figgy on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hahaha sigmoid

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh man. I can't wait for the forums to get merged. I am gonna create a Christmasfied (?) NHL 11 thread. I can't wait!

Merged :?

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

On Christmas or the day before or so, the forums become one forum. Only for a couple days, then they go right back, but it is just a fun time for all of us to forget what faction of PA to which we belong, and hold hands across the boards!

And Santa, I didn't respond to the PM from the elf, I don't want to tie up his inbox, but I did get your message!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Icemopper wrote: »

On Christmas or the day before or so, the forums become one forum. Only for a couple days, then they go right back, but it is just a fun time for all of us to forget what faction of PA to which we belong, and hold hands across the boards!

And Santa, I didn't respond to the PM from the elf, I don't want to tie up his inbox, but I did get your message!

I should have remembered that. I thought our forum as a whole, as in forums.penny-arcade.com was going to merge with another one. Derp :zzz:

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Icemopper wrote: »

I totally forgot about that. I remember being a young PA member and logging in one day and being so freaking confused.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Christmas forums hold some of my favorite memories on PA. I was too terrified to post much in the Hanukkah forum, though. Infractions and bans were flying left and right for not properly pretending to be Jewish, and I was paranoid that I would slip up.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, generally I just avoid the forums on those days. Mostly just because I have no time to get on with family and all around, but also because it's just crazy.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Alas! I knew of the perfect gift, one of many, and it is out of stock everywhere!!!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Santa, the things I'm wishlisting are things I'm interested in, not really items I totally need. For the most part. :)

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santee,

me and Louie are going to Forbidden Planet this weekend. You should be very excited as that place is filled with fun stuff.

hugs and kisses

Santa

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santee:

I wish I knew if your gift was at my gfs parents house. I would love to ship your gift out but without actually having the final piece it just wouldn't work alone. FEAR NOT! I will make sure this is ratified and you will have your gift soooooon!!!

xoxoxoxoooooooooo

Your Santa

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santa:

I was reading back through some of the pages.. And a post by Figgy (I think) that I missed really hit home. It was about how writing big ass lists of games we want isn't the purpose of this Secret Santa business. It's about stalking. Getting to know your Santee. Getting them something that you have put time and care into. Not just randomly choosing $40 worth of crap from their Amazon list and calling it a day.

So with that said.. If you haven't got me anything yet, then please ignore my massive essay I wrote you when I first signed up. As a last resort, sure, use it. But I in no way wanted to specifically direct you to anything in particular. A shopping list was not my intention if it came off that way.

Love,
    Remlap

remlap13 on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Present get.

no-more-heroes-2.jpg

I graciously thank my Santa whoever he is.

And to my Santee I'm still putting your gift together.

Hurray! You have another gift on the way as well. Consider one a Christmas Present and one a Birthday Present. Amazon wouldn't let me add gift wrapping messages or anything, hence the lack of notification. But it's me! I'm your santa! Hurray holiday cheer!

To my Santa, if you could proxy me to let me know when whatever has been shipped, that'd be awesome. I live in a mildly sketchy neighborhood and having a package lifted from my front porch is not an entirely unlikely thing.

Precognition Edit: WOOO

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santee - YOUR GIFT HAS SHIPPED.

WOOO

WOOO

WOOO

(come on, everybody, get down, seriously, don't leave me hanging out here)

Imperfect on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ...WOOO?

Alright Santee, I think I have something awesome schemed up for you. Hopefully.

Will be sure after I sleep on it and do a bit more stalking!

*creeps away*

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    WOOOOO
    Also for my Santee's gifts having shipped for reals this morning

exis on
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Santee: I just finished wrapping your presents. Yay. Now I just need to work on your letter, but a few finishing touches on everything, and get everything packed safely in the box. It's going to be pretty snug, so I hope no one kicks the box or anything. Or drops it. Or drops anything on it.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Or drop kicks it.

Figgy on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The main present has been ordered! Now for the accoutrements.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Present get.

no-more-heroes-2.jpg

Hurray! You have another gift on the way as well. Consider one a Christmas Present and one a Birthday Present. Amazon wouldn't let me add gift wrapping messages or anything, hence the lack of notification. But it's me! I'm your santa! Hurray holiday cheer!

To my Santa, if you could proxy me to let me know when whatever has been shipped, that'd be awesome. I live in a mildly sketchy neighborhood and having a package lifted from my front porch is not an entirely unlikely thing.

Gift 2 achieved.

ninja_remote_new.jpg

Kudos Santa Kudos, I shall first use this to turn off the football game at the family Thanksgiving dinner. MUHAHAHAHAHA!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ninja remotes are pretty sweet. Mine needs to have the battery replaced now that I think of it.

Also, part of my santee's gift has been aquired. Gonna do the rest this weekend and hopefully ship next week!

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Present get.

no-more-heroes-2.jpg

Gift 2 achieved.

ninja_remote_new.jpg

Kudos Santa Kudos, I shall first use this to turn off the football game at the family Thanksgiving dinner. MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Is that a keychain universal remote? That's amazing.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Stormwatcher, you "snake!"

Pics to come!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yay! xmas is in my house

IMG_2929.jpg

Thank you DiannaoChong

Handkor on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    In the spirit of the season, I've modified an iPhone/iPod winterboard theme so that snow falls on the springboard. Let me know of you want it!

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    They are selling MS points in 1400 point chunks now? How expensive is that? This is one of those things that really pisses me off about MS, they used to sell 2000 points for 20 bucks, then decided the could just without notice or reason change it to 1800 for 20 bucks just to make more money.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
This discussion has been closed.