As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stephen Scott's [chat]ada

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    desc wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    This is on the front page of HuffPo.

Love this commercial.

"Opulence. I has it."

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/222198/thumbs/r-OPULENCE-huge.jpg

I was trying to figure out why in the fuck that couch looked so familiar

Then I realized I'd seen Jenna Haze get rogered on it

Wait, this image is funny and pleases me. What is it from? A commercial?

yes, but I don't remember what for

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    desc, do you happen to be up for TQ right now

none of the other games I want to play are working at the moment, and I don't have much better to do

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    "male violence is an expression of power and control over women; men are hitting to control and get things. Women's violence is an expression of frustration and rage and exasperation."

I really hate this idea.

That is awful and sexist.

Winky on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I want to smooch the tiniest giraffe too but I can't because I'm not wealthy.

Class war NOW :x

desc on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Y'know, concerning the Reapers of the ME franchise:

(Major ME2 spoilers)
    This is not for you Feral, or anyone else who hasn't completed ME2
    They might not be all that super-evil or whatnot. I mean they appear to be some kind of AI built on the essence of organic species that have lived throughout millions of years in the galaxy. They just pop in every 50k or so years, see if there are any worthy races to be elevated to their status and join their community and annihilate everything that they deem a waste of organic time/something that'll peter out and die anyway.

Then they let everything restart.

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree.
    Bioware as a team always have a super evil. And considering that full on fucking Terminator at the end of ME2? I'm going to just call it for "Reapers are evil."
    THEY PUT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE THROUGH A BLENDER

Elendil on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    This is on the front page of HuffPo.

Love this commercial.

"Opulence. I has it."

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/222198/thumbs/r-OPULENCE-huge.jpg

I was trying to figure out why in the fuck that couch looked so familiar

Then I realized I'd seen Jenna Haze get rogered on it

Wait, this image is funny and pleases me. What is it from? A commercial?

yes, but I don't remember what for

DirecTV commercial.

Sheep on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    Mass Effect The Television Show: Season Three: Planet Scanning

Ep1. Scanning a Planet
    Ep2. Scanning the Planet
    Ep3. Still Scanning the Planet
    Ep4. Oops Damnit Fell Asleep for a Second There
    Ep5. Scanning the Planet

Ep6. Here Honey Can You Scan This Planet For Me While I Take A Break?

This may or may not have happened.

Ep. 7 Sweeps Week.

Scanner passed over a definite field of activity, but our heroes weren't paying attention to where! Find out in Ep. 8 if they locate the signal!
    They don't.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

(Major ME2 spoilers)
    They might not be all that super-evil or whatnot. I mean they appear to be some kind of AI built on the essence of organic species that have lived throughout millions of years in the galaxy. They just pop in every 50k or so years, see if there are any worthy races to be elevated to their status and join their community and annihilate everything that they deem a waste of organic time/something that'll peter out and die anyway.

How is that not evil. That's like saying Hitler just wanted to get rid of the degenerates that were holding back society and create the appropriate racial hierarchy, its not like he was evil. What exactly constitutes evil if mass casual genocide doesn't count?

/Godwin

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    nerd: actually, been at the computer most of this morning like a dweeb

gotta get lunch and do grocery shopping and wine shopping for Mom's thanksgiving tomorrow and whatnot

I just built up the motivation to not be lazy so I gotta roll with it. Wanna jump on it later?

desc on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

(Major ME2 spoilers)

Bioware as a team always have a super evil. And considering that full on fucking Terminator at the end of ME2? I'm going to just call it for "Reapers are evil."

Yeah, whatever.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think the reason why I can't play ME2 is because Wrex is autodead if you start the game without a save.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ShuttlePC has a coupon code, good for 100 uses, for a free X350 (normally $400). It goes active on the 26th. Guess who's website is already down from heavy traffic. I've been refreshing the thing for an hour, at first I could just get the TLD, now it's coming back as "cannot find server".

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    that's cool, desc

I should probably be cleaning anyway

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    DirecTV commercial.

Just watched it. Awesome.

:whistle: Thank you Sheep :whistle:

desc on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    "male violence is an expression of power and control over women; men are hitting to control and get things. Women's violence is an expression of frustration and rage and exasperation."

I really hate this idea.

This the Salon's Lynn Harris thing? I saw that on one of the blogs I post on, and just had zero motivation to argue it.

Leitner on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    Lawndart wrote: »
    From all the Turian lore in ME1 and ME2, the Turians seem to basically be The Roman Empire IN SPAAAACE.

If anything, outside the aesthetics they're more the British Empire, IN SPACE.

(the humans are America)

The humans are always America.

It'd be great if once the humans would be Scandinavian.

The galaxy would fear our fearsome mix of cold detachment and depression.

Everything would be running at optimum efficiency though, it'd be fantastic.

Maybe you guys should make some decent video games if you want to cast yourselves as the heroes...

I mean, I'd play it as long as it was translated into English.

Problem with that is I really don't think any Scandinavian devs would make a space exploration/adventure type game.

Because of the afformentioned depression. The underlying cultural feel to Sweden is basically "strive to achieve your best, then settle down and be happy" there's very little of that "woooooooo let's be reckless and do something possibly stupid" thing that America tends to embody.

Not a space game, but:

Scandinavian developers make game that is not about eating herring and committing suicide
    Hitman is a stealth game series developed by the Danish company IO Interactive.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    uh make it 4:00 est someone

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

(Major ME2 spoilers)

But they are millions of years old and embody the soul and spirits of ancient dead races (probably killed by the Reapers) and probably just have a different perspective on how shit is and should be run.

I mean, any of the living races in the galaxy now are basically tiny annoying flies to the Reapers. They are older than any of the races are, and far more powerful.

Daxon on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I should finish ME2 one day.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think the reason why I can't play ME2 is because Wrex is autodead if you start the game without a save.

Do you have it for the PC? There's a website with a database of uploaded saves if you did. Hundreds. You can play any character you like. And looks are reconfigurable anyway, so you can choose from the saves based solely on important decisions.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    that doesn't make them not evil, daxon

they just don't think they are evil

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Also ATTENTION PEOPLE, WATCH OUT THEY DONT NEED PLANES ANYMORE

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ShuttlePC has a coupon code, good for 100 uses, for a free X350 (normally $400). It goes active on the 26th. Guess who's website is already down from heavy traffic. I've been refreshing the thing for an hour, at first I could just get the TLD, now it's coming back as "cannot find server".

say what now?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There were some top tier voice actors in Fable 3. John Cleese, Simon Peg, Stephen Fry. And they actually used them. I'm always reminded of Fallout 3. Let's cast Liam Neeson and then give him like 2 dozen lines and have him vanish for the first half of the game.

I haven't met the character played by Stephen Fry in Fable III yet, but
    I loved him in Fable II.

They make really good use of his character in the second part of the game, especially if you go good.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

oh dear.

I suppose humanity is the god-race that is obviously omniscient enough to judge true good and evil?

Daxon on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Witchdr wrote: »

Incredibly old news: http://flyingsnake.org/

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

oh dear.

I suppose humanity is the god-race that is obviously omniscient enough to judge true good and evil?

what are we supposed to do, let them kill us or absorb us or whatever their plan is?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

say what now?
    If you're one of the first 100 people to add it to your cart on the 26th and apply the coupon code, you get an X350 ShuttlePC for zero dollars.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

oh dear.

Evil is an invented concept, so....

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

oh dear.

what are we supposed to do, let them kill us or absorb us or whatever their plan is?

Are you guys roleplaying?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

so they are recalling their past lives as sky dragons.

we'll have to begin the purge.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    don't you have some high school anime club web page to design, profM

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Incredibly old news: http://flyingsnake.org/

Fine then, how about this HEAT DEATH RAY:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0_nuvPKIi8&feature=player_embedded

Witchdr on

• Options
    edited November 2010

say what now?
    If you're one of the first 100 people to add it to your cart on the 26th and apply the coupon code, you get an X350 ShuttlePC for zero dollars.

oh my god i am doing this.

how do i do this?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Okay SHOPPAN TIEM

desc on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Leitner wrote: »

I really hate this idea.

This the Salon's Lynn Harris thing? I saw that on one of the blogs I post on, and just had zero motivation to argue it.

Yes. I grasp that there are people who use female on male violence as an excuse to bash feminism. I've met those people face to face. But attempting to minimize female on male violence is the wrong response.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Seriously, You guys, Hitman is pretty awesome. Especially Hitman 4 and 3. Never played 1, and for some reason those were the only three made, they skipped one. There's a new one on the way and it's going to be great, maybe.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

don't you get to replace him with Steve Blum krogan?

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I really hate this idea.

Thom, how many times do we have to tell you this; sexism is OK as long as it's directed at men.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »

oh dear.

Evil is an invented concept, so....

Well, yeah I know. It's just I think the Reapers might not be entirely as evil as we're made to believe following ME1 as displayed in ME2.

But, no, I definitely don't think we should lie back and let the Reapers murder us all etc.

Daxon on
This discussion has been closed.