As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Vietnam on the 18 for Steam. Donate now! New Maps are live!

• Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    One thing to note is, better start getting used to using iRON sights for god damn Vietnam.

Angry Weasel on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    One thing to note is, better start getting used to using iRON sights for god damn Vietnam.

Oh man, I totally forgot about that aspect. I am sure they are going to find a way to put something akin to RDS and ACOG on most of the guns, though.

That_Guy on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »

Oh man, I totally forgot about that aspect. I am sure they are going to find a way to put something akin to RDS and ACOG on most of the guns, though.

God I hope so, otherwise I'm going to have to grab the gun with the biggest magazine and resort to the old "pray and spray" method.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just hope they turn tracers back on

rRootagea on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    rRootagea wrote: »

That'd be nice too, it's sometimes hard as hell to tell where you're shooting in a tank or a chopper without them.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, the tracers disappearing is moderately annoying. I don't have an intimate knowledge of bullet drop - sometimes, it's hard for me to see where my round is landing when I'm fighting at range. Ah well. RDS on the M14 is good times!

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

They didn't turn them off, they bugged off. They're puzzled about it, if the EAUK forums are to be believed.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
    edited November 2010
    vsove wrote: »
    Yeah, the tracers disappearing is moderately annoying. I don't have an intimate knowledge of bullet drop - sometimes, it's hard for me to see where my round is landing when I'm fighting at range. Ah well. RDS on the M14 is good times!

Look for the dust kicked up from where the round lands. That is only needed for snipers, though. None of the other weapons have any drop, contrary to popular belief.

That_Guy on
    edited November 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »
    vsove wrote: »

Look for the dust kicked up from where the round lands. That is only needed for snipers, though. None of the other weapons have any drop, contrary to popular belief.

From my experience, they do, though it's negligible and nearly unnoticeable due to lack of zoom.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Ultimate Edition of this game is a Lightning Deal right now on Amazon. I'm debating whether to get it.

The only options are 360 and PS3. How is this game in comparison to BLOPS or MW? Slower-paced? Less casual-friendly? Just wondering how it stacks up multiplayer-wise.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Way way slower then CoD. You have front lines and objectives. Teamwork is great with the whole ammo, heal, repair and locate of the class abilities.

I'm on 360 and it seems now the people who still play are a good crowd who try to play as a team in pub games. I would say it has a learning curve though.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    The Ultimate Edition of this game is a Lightning Deal right now on Amazon. I'm debating whether to get it.

The only options are 360 and PS3. How is this game in comparison to BLOPS or MW? Slower-paced? Less casual-friendly? Just wondering how it stacks up multiplayer-wise.

Better hitboxes
    Tighter controls
    Slower game pace
    No killstreaks
    Less focus on camping; Hill humpers never top the scoreboard.
    Tanks and choppers
    Orders of magnitude larger maps
    DEDICATED FUCKING SERVERS
    ....And the best one of all.....
    You have me as your admin!

That_Guy on
    edited November 2010
    Dedicated servers? On 360?

• ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Yup. BC2 plays very smooth most of the time on the 360. Every so often the server I'm connected to is either shitting the bed and/or they decided that Tampa, FL's closest server neighbor is somewhere in Sweden, given it takes a solid three seconds before I can mark an objective for attack or defense, but that's the exception, not the rule.

Column on
    edited November 2010

Well, yeah. I think it's a matchmaking system that matches you with one of a lot of dedicated servers. (I play on the PC, so I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's got dedicated servers on the back end. See how your connection fares when you try hosting a 24 player match from your home connection.)

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anyone been having any gfx issues with this recently? The last few weeks I sometimes glitch out and the screen turns completely black - I can still see objective boxes and spotted players, but the backdrop is completely black.

Sometimes waving the mouse around will get the picture back, but not consistently, and I have noticed that if I try to return to the spot where the screen first blacked out then it will do so again.

Doesn't happen that often, maybe once/twice per night.

Running an Nvidia 9800 GT, drivers updated about 10 days ago - problem existed before and after update.

Cheers

trevellian on
    McGough_EA.png
    edited November 2010
    Bah, maybe next deal. I received word that Dragon Age Ultimate Edition is expected to pop back up on Amazon, so I decided to hold out for that.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So the pirates already got a hold of the new map pack, hopefully this means the patch is soon to go live for PC.

Screenie:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/417/8330a252a1.jpg

Satsumomo on
    edited November 2010
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    So the pirates already got a hold of the new map pack, hopefully this means the patch is soon to go live for PC.

Screenie:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/417/8330a252a1.jpg

Neat. I am hoping that map pack will drop with this next planned patch.

That_Guy on
    edited November 2010
    FYI, don't install the leaked patch. The servers are down, an you'll get your account banned.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    edited November 2010
    Haha that would be hilarious, no doubt someone will try it.

Satsumomo on
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I wonder if all the people named in that screenshot got banned.

Jimmy Marku on
    edited November 2010
    I was thinking that these guys had somehow made private servers, I wouldn't have thought they'd be that stupid. But I don't think there are any.

Woo guys, real smart there haha.

Satsumomo on
    edited November 2010
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Haha that would be hilarious, no doubt someone will try it.

Someone on EAUK forums was banned already.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • DistramDistram __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    What is this Vietnam business?

Distram on
    edited November 2010
    I want new maps.

Angry Weasel on
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    When Vietnam releases, will we be having alternating vietnam map days and regular map days?

rRootagea on
    edited November 2010
    We will call them flashbacks.

Angry Weasel on
    edited November 2010
    When Vietnam releases, will we be having alternating vietnam map days and regular map days?

I am not sure how it is going to work. I am hoping it is just an expansion on the existing platform that will allow me to run a mixed server. We shall see, though.

That_Guy on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hopefully the weapons and stuff in it sit on the same unlock path as well, so you'll get whatever unlocks in Vietnam you've earned that relate to BC2 unlocks.

-Loki- on
  • ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Hopefully the weapons and stuff in it sit on the same unlock path as well, so you'll get whatever unlocks in Vietnam you've earned that relate to BC2 unlocks.

I would swear they said everyone starts with everything unlocked in Vietnam, there was no unlocking anything for the expansion.

I'm too lazy to find the post on the BFBlog or article a dev. was quoted as saying that though, so if I'm wrong I'll just look stupid over in the corner, dunce cap and all.

Column on
  • DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Are you guys all getting the 'Nam dealie?

Daemonion on
  • proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    fuck year.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    fuck no

edit: haha I posted that before I saw proyebat's post

but still, no fucking way I'm paying more than... hmm, $5 for nam seems fair

L|ama on
  • proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I wouldn't be surprised if DICE offered a bundle pack of Onslaught+Vietnam.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    We will call them flashbacks.

This made my day, honestly.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
    edited November 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    fuck no

edit: haha I posted that before I saw proyebat's post

but still, no fucking way I'm paying more than... hmm, $5 for nam seems fair

It's only going to be 15 bucks. It will have a bunch of new maps, a bunch of new weapons, a bunch of new music, and a bunch of new achievements. It is a massive add-on to the game and totally worth the 15 bucks they are asking.

That_Guy on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I get the impression the Vietnam expansion is basically like BF 1943, but runs in BC2. Which is, IMO, how they should have done 1943. Just make them themed maps that can go into a rotation for some variety.

-Loki- on
    edited November 2010
    So I figured out how to beat the horrible hit detection, by shooting behind running targets.

Like you used to have to do in Battlefield 2.

I feel so damn stupid. How could I ever have expected that DICE could ever really improve their hit detection.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    nah I still feel like I paid a lot too much for the game in the first place

L|ama on