As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40k] Which wych is which?

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tim the 1520 is like $230 after tax and shipping the loadout was chosen by me. Battlefoam is 25% off today only.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    altmann wrote: »
    Tim the 1520 is like $230 after tax and shipping the loadout was chosen by me. Battlefoam is 25% off today only.

fuck.

Welp. Time to order.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited November 2010
    Totally worth it dude. This will be my 2nd set

altmann on

signature.png
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dawn of War is making me really want to play a Death Guard list.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well, when I was browsing the internets today I did not expect to find exo armoured space orcas.
    And yet, here they are.
    orca3.jpgorca4.jpg

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    leaf wrote: »
    mugginns wrote: »
    Happy Black Friday, gents. I purchased a GW monster carrying case and some termies today.

Here are some pics of some happy things:
    pm1.jpg

pm2.jpg

pm3.jpg

pm4.jpg

Those are deliciously [strike]gay[/strike] Slaanesh.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • ClaymanClayman Don't be a baked potato. Be a person. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm totally new to 40k and I'm looking at getting myself some Orks (I have the codex). What do you think about this as a starter army?

1 Warboss (HQ) @ 150 Pts
    Cybork Body; Attack Squig; Power Klaw (x1); Slugga (x1); Twin-linked
    Dakkaguns; Stikkbombz; Warbike

12 Lootas (Elites) @ 180 Pts
    Deffguns (x12)

29 Ork Boyz (Troops) @ 255 Pts
    Rokkit Launcha (x3); Slugga (x26); Choppa (x29)

1 Nob @ [51] Pts
    'Eavy Armour; Bosspole; Power Klaw (x1); Slugga (x1)

1 Nob @ [51] Pts

1 Deffkoptas (Fast Attack) @ 70 Pts
    Buzzsaw (x1); Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha (x1); Choppa (x1)

1 Deffkoptas (Fast Attack) @ 45 Pts
    Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha (x1); Choppa (x1)

Models in Army: 76

Total Army Cost: 1000

I'm a bit concerned about the lack of KFF and that my boys will get instagibbed vs my Eldar friend.

I currently have zero models and will most likely start off with a AoBR and some more stuff from Maelstrom games.

Clayman on
    edited November 2010
    Don't sweat the KFF. If you play on a table with enough terrain you can get your cover saves the old fashioned way.
    List looks good, with the exception of the bike mounted boss. Without anyone to ride around with he'll be picked off by himself fairly quick. Find him some bikers to hang with, or keep him on foot and stick him with the boyz.

Dayspring on
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Day, I love that one appears to have a harpoon gun. To use underwater, of course. Where else are you going to get orcas?

saluksic on
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Clayman wrote: »
    I'm totally new to 40k and I'm looking at getting myself some Orks (I have the codex). What do you think about this as a starter army?

1 Warboss (HQ) @ 150 Pts

Deffguns (x12)

1 Nob @ [51] Pts

1 Nob @ [51] Pts

I'm a bit concerned about the lack of KFF and that my boys will get instagibbed vs my Eldar friend.

I currently have zero models and will most likely start off with a AoBR and some more stuff from Maelstrom games.

Take the rokkits out of your boyz squads - they're unreliable at best and realistically you'd rather be running those squads in your shooting phase than taking pot shots with BS2. Then take the buzzsaw off of your Deffkopta (it's only Str 7 on the charge since he's not a Nob), that gives you enough to buy a Mek with KFF.

SJ on
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    @Day: you've never seen armored space orcas? I've got a couple of those models in my closet.
    no, altmann, not really :)

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    edited November 2010
    I kinda like the warboss on a bike with a big squad of footslogging boyz. They won't get to run while he's with them, but a warboss is killy and tough enough to split off on his own fairly early and use the superior speed to hit juicy targets

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    edited November 2010
    The sad thing is I believe they're 15mm, otherwise I'd be tempted to get some and use them as terminators.

Dayspring on
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Asher wrote: »
    FFFFffffff

Quick!

Someone talk me out of buying Valhallans on Ebay!

LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit guys. What do you think my chances are at getting this for not an insane amount? I really want it. My collection of all Guard models would then be complete.

What Timspork means here, is that if he wins this auction, he'll actually own all the Imperial guard models.

Other IG gamers will merely rent a portion of them from him.

Tastyfish on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    FFFFffffff

Quick!

Someone talk me out of buying Valhallans on Ebay!

LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit guys. What do you think my chances are at getting this for not an insane amount? I really want it. My collection of all Guard models would then be complete.

What Timspork means here, is that if he wins this auction, he'll actually own all the Imperial guard models.

Other IG gamers will merely rent a portion of them from him.

Yeahhh. It's up to $301 with 16 hours left. I don't think I'll be getting it.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited November 2010
    my 2 hydra turrets arrived from poland today. EXCITED!!!!

altmann on

signature.png
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There is some heavy shit that goes down in the First Heretic. They even briefly talk about the Legions that shall not be named.

Sharp101 on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It begiiiiiiiiins. Forgeworld order placed. 1 Winged Hive Tyrant, 6 Warrior Wings for me. 1 Heirophant for Christmas. Asher, about how long did it take for your orders to arrive from them?

-Loki- on
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Well, when I was browsing the internets today I did not expect to find exo armoured space orcas.
    And yet, here they are.
    orca3.jpgorca4.jpg

YES.

SPACE ORCAS.

The most dangerous predators in the sea. in space.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    It begiiiiiiiiins. Forgeworld order placed. 1 Winged Hive Tyrant, 6 Warrior Wings for me. 1 Heirophant for Christmas. Asher, about how long did it take for your orders to arrive from them?

Less than a week. However, I ordered in a lot with mates, to get a total order value of more than 250 quid in order to qualify for free express postage. With the heirophant and Winged Hive tyrant you should be over that so you should get it pretty damn quickly.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Less than a week. However, I ordered in a lot with mates, to get a total order value of more than 250 quid in order to qualify for free express postage. With the heirophant and Winged Hive tyrant you should be over that so you should get it pretty damn quickly.

Yeah, it was just over 300 quid, so I got free express UPS.

-Loki- on
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You think with where I work I'd have an easier time convincing people to do combined Forgeworld orders.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yeah it should be really quick then. Seriously, it took maybe 4 days when we did it, we were all surprised as hell.

Tell me how the Heirophant is OK? I'm planning on getting one when I have every single one of my Tyranids painted.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    edited November 2010
    The Heirophant is going to be a long term project. I not only have to clean and build it, there's over 60 small carapace blades that need to be pinned, green stuff for the leg joints for filling in the gap in the joint, and I need to make a base and figure out a stand to help hold up the body.

Apparently new Heirphants have a pale creamy coloured resin for the torso that is lighter than the old grey resin torso, but it's not enough and the legs definitely still bend. I should be getting a camera when I start my new job this week, so I'll keep a log going of its progress for you.

-Loki- on
  • Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Some pics of a Hierophant WiP:

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetMysteryShadow/Hierophant/

There are a LOT of small spikes which will need cleaned and most of this model will need pinned!!
    Like all ForgeWorld models, you ABSOLUTELY MUST wash (in warm soapy water) each and every piece of it or you will hate yourself.

Don't forget to support the model, for the weight of it will bend/break the legs!

Oh yeah, break out the GreenStuff, you'll need that too.

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
    edited November 2010
    I already said I was going to do all of that. In the post just above yours :)

-Loki- on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I thought my Hell Prawn would be strong enough to support itself, but it's bent a little bit and I should get around to make it a base and some brass rod for it to sit on. Heavier than I thought.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
    edited November 2010
    I'm really looking forward to building the Heirophant. I always wanted a Forgeworld titan, but never had the money to get one. Since my fiancee decided to foot the bill, I grabbed it.

-Loki- on
  • polajumpolajum Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Clayman wrote: »

1 Warboss (HQ) @ 150 Pts

Deffguns (x12)

1 Nob @ [51] Pts

1 Nob @ [51] Pts

Something to keep in mind-if you buy the full boxes for the Lootas, you'll get enough bits toturn 12 of your boys into Burna Boyz.

Burna Boyz are a little problematic without a vehicle to ride in-but if you can get them into position they're POWAFUL mojo.

polajum on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    polajum wrote: »
    Burna Boyz are a little problematic without a vehicle to ride in-but if you can get them into position they're POWAFUL mojo.

We've already discussed the joy of ten burna boyz placing ten templates in the exact same spot and evaporating stuff. :P

Echo on
  • polajumpolajum Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    But we haven't discussed the joy of getting Burna bits when you buy Lootas-have we?

polajum on
    edited November 2010
    I'm really looking forward to building the Heirophant. I always wanted a Forgeworld titan, but never had the money to get one. Since my fiancee decided to foot the bill, I grabbed it.

When my fiancé went into the (now defunct) Baltimore Battle Bunker to pick up my Birthday Present (The Hierophant) one of the Red Shirts was telling her how to assemble the beast. She said
    "It's not for me, it's for my fiancé."
    The Neckbeards all looked at each other in awe.

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

• GrimDog420GrimDog420 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Happy Black Friday, gents. I purchased a GW monster carrying case and some termies today.

lol

When this abomination was announced at my LGS we were asking what retard would buy this. Well, now I know.

GrimDog420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cool the jets, there Grim.

Did I mention that I finally bought a Army Transport II? It finally replaced the homemade jobs I've been cramming things into. I've got all my 2000 points of Tau and the few dozen other models I own in it. The best part is the little side pockets, which I've filled up with templates, dice, tape measure and the like. I honestly think I could throw it down a stair case without breaking anything.

saluksic on
    edited November 2010
    saluksic wrote: »
    Did I mention that I finally bought a Army Transport II?... ...I honestly think I could throw it down a stair case without breaking anything.

I would pay to see that!!

Would you willingly put a Miniature Army Transport into an Airline Ahecked Baggage??
    http://www.intersponge.com/html/SpongeTest.htm

Woah....

Mystery.Shadow on

• ClaymanClayman Don't be a baked potato. Be a person. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Damn you Maelstrom Games. Just ordered Assault on Black Reach, four boxes of Boys and three boxes of Lootas. Guess I'll be painting these for quite some time.

On that note. Please share any awesome Ork paint schemes you know of. :)

Clayman on
    edited November 2010
    GrimDog420 wrote: »

lol

When this abomination was announced at my LGS we were asking what retard would buy this. Well, now I know.

Something tells me that Grim and his buddies are the douches at every game store that noone likes, but for some reason they hang around and think that their opinion, while always wrong, is the only one that matters. Don't worry, Grim, someday someone might actually give a shit about what you have to say... some day.

@muggins: assault termies or shooty termies?

Nax on
    edited November 2010

lol

Warseer is that way ---->

-Loki- on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nax wrote: »

lol

Something tells me that Grim and his buddies are the douches at every game store that noone likes, but for some reason they hang around and think that their opinion, while always wrong, is the only one that matters. Don't worry, Grim, someday someone might actually give a shit about what you have to say... some day.

@muggins: assault termies or shooty termies?
    I like the carrying case, and it was 40% off so :lol:

I like shooty termies better, but now over the last week I've bought 15 termies, so now I have th / ss, pfist plus storm bolter, and lightning claw termies

I did apocalypse today. Photos to follow. I brought 3 10-man assault squads, one SG squad, one librarian, one captain, and 3 sanguinary priests. I deep struck in turn 3 (I waited 5 hours with only a whirlwind on the board :?) then I managed to get pie plated by monoliths and lost 2.5 squads, including my librarian and captain (I used the cover psyker power, but then a stupid iron priest negated it).

I was going for a fluffy "death from above" list but instead I got wasted by monoliths. The enemy also had a bio-titan (hierophant) that was a starship troopers toy.

I haven't seen any updated hierophant listings, but the one in apocalypse book does not show it as a synapse creature. He thought it was, so he basically had no synapse creatures in his list. He also took endless swarm, and didn't realize that the without number rule is gone. Lol.

What I learned: if you're reserving, just come on from the board edge and get into combat.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
    edited November 2010
    thing I learned about apoc early on was: don't reserve.

We also changed our apoc rules so half your reserves come in turn 2 and the other half turn 3. Otherwise it's completely wasted.

altmann on

signature.png
This discussion has been closed.