The holiday hangout will go online tomorrow! If there's anything in the regular subforums that you're going to want to access over the holidays, copy it now while it's still accessible.
Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Gift Ideas for nerdy artsy girls! (The gifting)

Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Well, christmas is right around the corner and I'm really at a loss on what to buy my girlfriend.

I've already got the next three installments of The Dresden Files on order from Amazon, but I don't really know what else to get her, since what we both love varies by a lot (mostly.)

She doesn't play many video games, but she does enjoy tabletop RPG's. She also doesn't have a Blu-ray player or a nice TV, so.

Things she likes, rated 1-5. I will also list examples of things she likes in the categories. I seriously have no idea how to buy gifts, I usually just get gift cards, but everyone told me that it would be to impersonal.
Painting (5)
Writing (4) (She reallllyyy loves calligraphy pens and writing poems and short stories.)
Tabletop RPGS (3) (Mostly 4th Edition DND and the Call of Cthulu tabletop)
Movies (4) (Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Toy Story 3, Kick Ass)
Reading (5) (Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, Dresden Files, etc)

And lastly, she -loves- clothes from http://www.freepeople.com/ , but being a college kid working a minimum wage job, most of the stuff on that site are out of the question. But if anyone knows of a place that sells clothes similar to it for a less retarded amount, I'd love to know.

So H/A, help me be a decent gift-giver this christmas.

Toxin01 on
Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)