As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    don't hate on emma watson bro

T4CT on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    which one was it

Speed Racer on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    also did everyone break or was it only me and hunter I think?

is the band still together if I care to log on again

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I broke

I might get on again later but iunno

Speed Racer on
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    number six speed racer

T4CT on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'll head back on in 10 minutes if anyone is online

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Good games gents, I might be up for some more games later but for now I think i'll go write a twenty page thesis on how awesome I am and how anyone who beats me is just a lagging, cheating whore.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    God dammit, I fucking love this game.

the multiplayer alone is probably my favorite thing this generation

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I want to get on and play but the television is currently occupied. Gonna eat some food and maybe be on in 20 hopefully.

DarkPrimus on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I beat brotherhood and yeah...
    WHAT THE FUCK?! I had read some spoilers beforehand but that still managed to make me be confused as all hell.

Although now I have to play Assassins Creed 2 to see how shit got as crazy as it did.

Gorilla Salad on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I actually got to play a few rounds!

as long as no one else is online in the house I can play, but it's still laggy

I got two levels!

tommy I sent you a message what the hell dude?

VALVEjunkie on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I beat brotherhood and yeah...
    WHAT THE FUCK?! I had read some spoilers beforehand but that still managed to make me be confused as all hell.

Although now I have to play Assassins Creed 2 to see how shit got as crazy as it did.

you didn't play Creed 2 first?

what the hell is wrong with you?

YaYa on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Brotherhood, from what I have seen, is not a game that should be played without playing AC2

you can skip AC1, sure, I did

but nothing in the opening sequences would have made very much sense at ALL if you didn't play AC2, and I have a feeling that such is the case for much of the remainder of the game

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It makes a fair amount of sense, truth be told. You can pick the basics of the plot up pretty easily. Going through AC2 has really helped, though, and I feel really bad about not playing it first.

Gorilla Salad on
  • ieyeasuieyeasu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm just finishing up AC2, and I must say--I hated the meta-plot at the beginning, but they did a really good job making me care about it with the flavor-puzzles.

ieyeasu on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Fucking poison.

Also I shouldn't stay up till 3am playing this.

101 on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anyone playing some assbro on the PS3?

Maybe later tonight?

#pipe on
    edited November 2010
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Something interesting I've found out in Multiplayer...

If you lean over the edge of a building and use Smoke Bomb or Firecrackers, instead of activating right at your feet, the effect will instead take place on the ground beneath you...

Neat little trick if you want to use firecrackers to weed out your target without being close enough to get hit with the nigh-inevidable smokebomb counter.

Also, Fast Getaway make the chase meter empty faster when you are the one being chased.
    If you lean over the edge of a building and use Smoke Bomb or Firecrackers, instead of activating right at your feet, the effect will instead take place on the ground beneath you...
    Why do they not state this anywhere in the tutorials?

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    because maybe it's not meant to happen?

#pipe on
    edited November 2010
    apparently stuns can be countered.

some
    bullshit

101 on
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    Anyone playing some assbro on the PS3?

Maybe later tonight?

I am down for dis

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    edited November 2010
    and some times you're just stuck there.
    mashing b as your attacker repeatedly leaps out of the way somehow.

Do not like this mechanic.

e:Couldn't even get the guy when I threw a smoke-bomb

101 on
    edited November 2010
    101 wrote: »

some
    bullshit

Yeah, this generally comes as a surprise to people. Really, stuns aren't meant to be the beat-all counter to everything. They're more of a punishment for an assassin that is carelessly approaching his target. The only sure way to stun somebody is to smokebomb them first.

Usually the best way out of getting aced is running away. If you escape, you get points and the guy trying to kill you will lose his contract.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

some
    bullshit

Yeah, this generally comes as a surprise to people. Really, stuns aren't meant to be the beat-all counter to everything. They're more of a punishment for an assassin that is carelessly approaching his target. The only sure way to stun somebody is to smokebomb them first.

Usually the best way out of getting aced is running away. If you escape, you get points and the guy trying to kill you will lose his contract.

If you're hidden in a crowd or something stunning is really easy. Also, last night, I was moving effortlessly through a crowd, perfectly slow, and as I walked up behind my target, I moved to strike and he, like, stepped out of the way as I stabbed at him and stunned me. I was so pissed. I have no idea how he did it, I was 100% behind him and moving really slowly.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If you've morphed into a group, waiting for your opponent to come stab you, can you just hammer the stun button constantly?

I was going to try it early but forgot.

Bad-Beat on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have concluded that the ability to stun is based off of an individual's aptitude for magic and his FIGHTING SPIRIT

because in no other way can I map out the whimsical mechanics of it

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Blue map wrote: »

Because the tutorial just covers the bare-bones of the mechanics and doesn't teach you how to use any abilities that you will unlock later?

DarkPrimus on
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    If you've morphed into a group, waiting for your opponent to come stab you, can you just hammer the stun button constantly?

I was going to try it early but forgot.

I've always found that stunning works better if you wait for the actual cue from the game and just hit it once. When you're morphed into a crowd, you've got a pretty good chance that they'll either just kill the wrong guy right away, and give you 100 pts for the lure, or they'll stand there thinking about it, giving you plenty of time to stun them. However, if it's me and I see my target morphed, I just jump into their crowd and morph them right back.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I have concluded that the ability to stun is based off of an individual's aptitude for magic and his FIGHTING SPIRIT

because in no other way can I map out the whimsical mechanics of it

loving this post

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited November 2010
    fidgety stun timing I have come to terms with

the dodging though

hurrrrrgh

Speed Racer on
    edited November 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Blue map wrote: »

Because the tutorial just covers the bare-bones of the mechanics and doesn't teach you how to use any abilities that you will unlock later?

Sorry, i meant more generally (Uplay manual, paper manual etc.). Really looking at it though, the Uplay manual is pretty bad. It doesn't even have all the game types listed (it's missing manhunt and adv. wanted).

Blue map on
  • ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    so, is there another hidden movie or something about adam and eve in this one?

Because I basically played the last game up until I finished that movie and then stopped.

Comahawk on
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also, I hate Templar Vision and I wish it wasn't in the game.

Bad-Beat on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    templar vision is just about balance really. with so many different powers about concealing, some have to be about revealing as well. templar vision is very balanced, though, as you are remarkably visible when using it, and it is very short in duration. charge is the one that's a bit unbalanced, but it's less overpowered in advanced wanted since it's not as easy to spam there.

Local H Jay on
    edited November 2010
    I've never been stunned or killed by charge so I really can't say it's unfair

also, in addition to all those other downsides to templar vision, it also has limited range. I learned that last night after using it on a distant crowd and it looked like they were all NPCs

only to have one of my teammates stunned by them

Speed Racer on
    edited November 2010

some
    bullshit

If you're hidden in a crowd or something stunning is really easy. Also, last night, I was moving effortlessly through a crowd, perfectly slow, and as I walked up behind my target, I moved to strike and he, like, stepped out of the way as I stabbed at him and stunned me. I was so pissed. I have no idea how he did it, I was 100% behind him and moving really slowly.

Yeah, I don't understand the dodging thing either. I had that happen to me in a game a couple days ago. I had three unsuccessful attempts on this one guy who just kept dodging every attack.

Is there a dodge button or something?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
    edited November 2010
    it's something like if you hit the stun button at just the right moment you dodge

the same goes for when someone's trying to stun you. Time the kill button just right and you'll interrupt their stun animation and go for the kill

if they're behind you you flip them over your back to kill them and if they're in front of you you do like a cross-counter

Speed Racer on
    edited November 2010
    there's also a glitch where someone will become incapable of hitting or being hit by anyone

Speed Racer on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Don't know if it's been posted yet but I took advantage of this GameStop Canada deal to pick up the Collector's Edition for the price of the regular edition:

http://www.gamestop.ca/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=321

DMAC on
    edited November 2010
    God, even the weirdass stun mechanics make me love this game more.

I'm such a homo.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png