As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Making fun of the world [Lindsay Lohan]

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    okay direct democracy is a bad idea but let's consider bringing back the ostraka

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Always leaving smelly socks laying around and eating all of my cheese.

I've had enough and I'm not going to take it anymore.

Cletus, git me mah squirrel gun.

Is that a gun which fires squirrels?

If it's not it should be.

Solar on
  • DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah well you guys will see when I start my own country

You will all be really jealous and we'll be doing partys all the time but you wont be invited

No sir, it'll be ''No social entropy allowed''

Dadouw on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    okay direct democracy is a bad idea but let's consider bringing back the ostraka

and now i know where the word ostracize comes from.

Thanks, wikipedia!

Langly on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dadouw wrote: »

You will all be really jealous and we'll be doing partys all the time but you wont be invited

Will there be blackjack and hookers?

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    End wrote: »

Will there be blackjack and hookers?

Of course there will be.

And a lunar lander

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I dont feel like caricaturing myself as the french canadian stereotype everytime i come here.

And yet you insult what you assume to be American ideals, insult the food you are offered in other countries (real cuban or not), and talk about what the world totally and objectively needs

I like you d-doggie

but people make fun of you being a French stereotype because you act like a French stereotype

Look, heres the thing about the food cuba serves to tourists. Buffet food is already pretty low quality,right? Its quantity over quality.

Now imagine buffet food in a third world country.

I was in an area full of state-run hotels, state-run restaurents, and I was a while away from La Havane. I didnt have the opportunity to try the real thing.

I insult the food I was served, not the cuban cuisine and culture as a whole. If there are dead flies around and on some of my food, do whatever you like, but I aint eating it.

Disregard the food comment, my lower Canadian comrade - what he's pointing out (and what I can tell from just this one thread) is you paint "American" ideals and behaviours with such a wide brush that it can't help but be read as "French Snobbery". You not understanding what he's pointing out just reinforces that stereotype.

Per capita, I can assure you us Canadians are on par with dem Amurrcans for redneck population...one of the only liberal cities in the prairies is here in Edmonton, and we're still as conservative as some of the southern states. You've also got Quebecker rednecks who think that all of Quebec will be better off if they broke off from Canada.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
    edited November 2010

BAHAHA....see above comment.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have to write a paper today about the Zapatista Army of National Liberation.

If you're out there TFS, I'm thinking of you.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You know, per capita, I bet Canada beats the shit out of the States for redneckedness

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    edited November 2010
    Also Langly, when I said ''we dont get as much crimes'' and all, I was referring to actual facts, not to the people I know. Québec and Ontario have the smallest amount of criminal offences in the country, were pretty pacific.

And yeah, I guess i'm being too optimistic. But I still like to think of it as something possible in the future (like, waaaay in the future)

Dadouw on
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i always feel kind of strange

because in oregon everyone viewed me as extremely conservative, especially my housemates

in utah i was considered blindly liberal

in germany when i talk politics it starts off with their assumption that i love american political system

then i get to talking and they are just like "why are you thinking about something so obvious to the rest of the world"

Swill on
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The thing to remember is that everybody is stupid but me

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited November 2010
    also:

I like having political talks with actual anarchists and communists

not because i agree with them exactly, but in the states anyone that claims to be either literally has no idea what they are talking about

Swill on
    edited November 2010
    Diorinix wrote: »
    I dont feel like caricaturing myself as the french canadian stereotype everytime i come here.

And yet you insult what you assume to be American ideals, insult the food you are offered in other countries (real cuban or not), and talk about what the world totally and objectively needs

I like you d-doggie

but people make fun of you being a French stereotype because you act like a French stereotype

Look, heres the thing about the food cuba serves to tourists. Buffet food is already pretty low quality,right? Its quantity over quality.

I was in an area full of state-run hotels, state-run restaurents, and I was a while away from La Havane. I didnt have the opportunity to try the real thing.

I insult the food I was served, not the cuban cuisine and culture as a whole. If there are dead flies around and on some of my food, do whatever you like, but I aint eating it.

Disregard the food comment, my lower Canadian comrade - what he's pointing out (and what I can tell from just this one thread) is you paint "American" ideals and behaviours with such a wide brush that it can't help but be read as "French Snobbery". You not understanding what he's pointing out just reinforces that stereotype.

Per capita, I can assure you us Canadians are on par with dem Amurrcans for redneck population...one of the only liberal cities in the prairies is here in Edmonton, and we're still as conservative as some of the southern states. You've also got Quebecker rednecks who think that all of Quebec will be better off if they broke off from Canada.

I was hyperbolizing the whole redneck thing in the US, but you cant argue against the fact that you guys got a whole bunch of them.

We, too, have a LOT of redneck, in fact beside Montreal and Québec City thats pretty much all we have. The difference between our rednecks and yours, though, is that we dont arm them to the teeth and feed them fears of being attacked by dangerous sand people

Dadouw on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You're stupid Dave

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited November 2010
    COMING SOME TIME, MA-AY BE

Swill on
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You're stupid Dave

nuh uh!

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited November 2010
    Sand people are dangerous though.

Knocked out Luke Skywalker and everything.

Solar on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

I like you d-doggie

I was hyperbolizing the whole redneck thing in the US, but you cant argue against the fact that you guys got a whole bunch of them.

We, too, have a LOT of redneck, in fact beside Montreal and Québec City thats pretty much all we have. The difference between our rednecks and yours, though, is that we dont arm them to the teeth and feed them fears of being attacked by dangerous sand people

Also I'd guess politicians don't point to them and go "Now there's the REAL Canada."

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I always thought American politics were weird because I was European. Now I've figured out that it's both that, and because American politics actually are weird. You weirdos.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Swill wrote: »
    also:

not because i agree with them exactly, but in the states anyone that claims to be either literally has no idea what they are talking about

Anarchism is also a conception that I am fond of. I am aware that its pretty much impossible, though. Its something that i'd like to see in science fiction novels/movies and such, just to take a glimpse at what could be a perfect world :I

Dadouw on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    wait Swill what kind of conservative opinions did you have

also you have to consider you were living in Portland

Centipede Damascus on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Solar wrote: »

They are guns that kill squirrels. For me it would be a scoped .22lr.

People use shotguns too. They're good at close range and are also good for shooting them out of their nests. They also do more damage to it, though.

You could get a combination gun as well and have both options.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited November 2010
    Solar wrote: »

They are guns that kill squirrels. For me it would be a scoped .22lr.

People use shotguns too. They're good at close range and are also good for shooting them out of their nests. They also do more damage to it, though.

You could get a combination gun as well and have both options.

Squirrels are indeed a nuisance.

Taste nice too.

Solar on
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

I like you d-doggie

20060613.jpg

LTM on
    edited November 2010

my opinion was not all police were bad people

just far too many

got me in huge fights at the house i was living in

oh another one:

don't steal from charity organizations

their opinion was steal everything every chance you got

Swill on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also Langly, when I said ''we dont get as much crimes'' and all, I was referring to actual facts, not to the people I know. Québec and Ontario have the smallest amount of criminal offences in the country, were pretty pacific.

And yeah, I guess i'm being too optimistic. But I still like to think of it as something possible in the future (like, waaaay in the future)

And I would argue that criminal statistics don't prove anything about people being able to govern themselves by majority rule. A low rate of crime is actually more demonstrative of the current government working well, at least in keeping people at enough of a living state to which they do not need to turn to robbing other citizens. They keep it out of people's interest to break the law, it's not out of some kind of good will about not stealing.

Langly on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dadouw that statement is pretty xenophobic fyi

Zen Vulgarity on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

just far too many

oh another one:

Was this "house" actually prison?

JoeUser on
    edited November 2010
    Also, diorinix, if I miss the point of some posts, its because im still learning english. Sometimes im not sure how I should reply to some posts, and I avoid some things just because I cant think of a reply that makes sense and that wouldnt take an hour to type. Give me a break. And if you think im reinforcing the french stereotype you can go fuck yourself you stupid american, your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries

Dadouw on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

just far too many

oh another one:

haha, wow

sorry but it sounds like you hung out with some terrible people

Centipede Damascus on
    edited November 2010
    also:

Anarchism is also a conception that I am fond of. I am aware that its pretty much impossible, though. Its something that i'd like to see in science fiction novels/movies and such, just to take a glimpse at what could be a perfect world :I

i think everyone can agree it would be awesome if no laws were needed and we could all work together for the greater good of humanity

but uh

that doesn't happen

Swill on
  • WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

just far too many

oh another one:

That seems more like common sense than a couple of politically framed statements.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Dadouw that statement is pretty xenophobic fyi

But your rednecks are armed. You guys have laws for that!

edit; unless you were speaking about another statement?

Dadouw on
    edited November 2010

just far too many

oh another one:

haha, wow

sorry but it sounds like you hung out with some terrible people

you met one of them!

but anywho

they are not bad people, they just haven't fully been able to realize (in my opinion) that solutions like that do not work in the real world

Swill on
    edited November 2010
    also:

i think everyone can agree it would be awesome if no laws were needed and we could all work together for the greater good of humanity

but uh

that doesn't happen

well see that is exactly my point!

Dadouw on
    edited November 2010
    The anarchists in Alberta are a cute bunch.

The Organization of Albertan Anarchists run a book sale every October. It's deliciously hypocritical.

Organized anarchists. Running a commerce-based fund raiser. Tehehe.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pfftahahaha

Yep, every single redneck in America, gun racks full to bursting up on their monster trucks

Usagi on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anarchy entertains me because not only is it not a good idea, humanity is fundamentally incapable of it on any level short of everyone being a hermit and never interacting with another human being.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
This discussion has been closed.