As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The APRIL PICK-UP THREAD - because you don't have enough things.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    *New car*

"Oh and also I picked up Batman I guess"

UnbreakableVow on
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've had this since Bioshock 2 came out, but had framed the album without intending to take the shrinkwrap off. Now that I am fully convinced that these LEs were in no way limited, I've opened up the vinyl and have been listening to it this evening.
    IMG_0077.jpg

It's surprisingly high-quality vinyl. I had forgotten how absolutely fantastic the Bioshock soundtrack is, it's certainly one of my favorite game scores of all time. Christ, I wish more game soundtracks were available on vinyl! Also note that it's the score from the first game, not the second.

[EDIT] Also, Twin Peaks is fantastic.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wasn't there a vinyl record for Bioshock that had some music, and then some
    screaming
    interspersed into the track? I remember there was a video on Giant Bomb of Coonce trying to beat match two records at once.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't think I posted this when I first got it as my girlfriend had the camera.

Well, even if I did, this is a replacement because I was having issues with my original model.

img27810.jpg

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited November 2010
    Hm, not that I've noticed. I was out of the room on a few tracks though, I'll relisten and report back on that. Was there a different Bioshock vinyl I'm not aware of?

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    edited November 2010
    The first of my Black Friday packages arrived!

IMG_0400.jpg

It's...a game for the system that doesn't come in until tomorrow!

At least it has gorgeous box art!

Been wanting to play this for a long time now, I was going to wait for the HD release on XBLA/PSN, but I figured hey, $15, might as well just give it a shot now.

UnbreakableVow on
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Highfive.jpg

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The first of my Black Friday packages arrived!

IMG_0400.jpg

It's...a game for the system that doesn't come in until tomorrow!

At least it has gorgeous box art!

Been wanting to play this for a long time now, I was going to wait for the HD release on XBLA/PSN, but I figured hey, $15, might as well just give it a shot now.

You will not be disappointed. The game is even prettier.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    2wlwqpd.jpg

It's been an expensive month

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    All this arrived today! The negative impressions of Brutal Legend (short, pseudo RTS etc.) are positives in my book, it sounded like a great little game for the weekend. Clash of Heroes will be my go-to portable game for quite a while.

f9d4bda9.jpg

Moioink on
    edited November 2010
    I really need to pick up Space Invaders Extreme 2. I was trying to play the knockoff that's on the iPhone last night and it just made me miss SIE that much more.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I really need to pick up Space Invaders Extreme 2. I was trying to play the knockoff that's on the iPhone last night and it just made me miss SIE that much more.

Yeah the DS is the way to go for SIE. I did not like the 360 and PSP versions either because of the inferior music.

Moioink on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Without boring you guys with the details, these are my other pickups for November, not counting DLC and digital downloads. I got great deals on every single one of these.

IMG_0103.jpg

SirUltimos on
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yesterday, my two copies of this came in from Amazon that I got for 9.99 each:

img1533a.jpg

Which, with some other games, I traded in for these and about 50$ credit left over:

img1534p.jpg

And these all came today/yesterday:

img1536m.jpg

Warcraft - 4.99 with a 5$ giftcard. Used to make an RAF account for a friend.

Sands of Destruction - 5$ after the 5$ giftcard.

Ratchet and Clank - 14.99$

DW7 - About 23$ and is in fantastic condition, complete copy

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
    edited December 2010
    Oh man, Kaseius. Are you one of those CAG flippers that got everyone in the thread raging?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, at least he didn't buy 60+ copies and claimed it was backwards compatible with the Wii. That would be insidious.

Anyway, I happen to get around opening my copy of Enslaved this weekend. It's an alright game that's marred by a lame ass ending.

Shady3011 on
  • ystaelystael Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Are you talking about Infinity Gene, or something else? Because I haven't played the iPhone version, but I think the PS3 version of Infinity Gene is awesome. I say this as someone who has and likes the DS Space Invaders Extreme games. I love the soundtrack to Infinity Gene, and also how it's full of clever little references to other shootemups.

ystael on
    edited December 2010
    ystael wrote: »

Are you talking about Infinity Gene, or something else? Because I haven't played the iPhone version, but I think the PS3 version of Infinity Gene is awesome. I say this as someone who has and likes the DS Space Invaders Extreme games. I love the soundtrack to Infinity Gene, and also how it's full of clever little references to other shootemups.

Infinity Gene. The iPhone is just not cut out to play games that aren't Angry birds, it seems.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Chance wrote: »
    Should pick up SSX3 too.

I know a lot of people love Tricky more but it didn't allow you to board down the whole mountain.

My brother's the big SSX nut, and he says... lemmie look it up... yeah On Tour. He says On Tour is better than Tricky and 3. I just love Tricky 'cause he and I played it so much together when we were younger.

Your brother is quite insane.

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
    edited December 2010
    Oh man, Kaseius. Are you one of those CAG flippers that got everyone in the thread raging?

At first, I was just ordering one for me, then I saw that the PS3 version was better, then I realized I could make some money from it so I ordered a second. Only got two copies total, but I really could've ordered so many more than that. I'm on CAG, but don't post over there.

Kaseius on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What the hell is Azumanga Daioh

It's brought up like all the time

I know it's an anime and that's it

it's the only anime worth watching

Rent on
    edited December 2010
    Rent's Amazon Black Friday Adventure

So Black Friday hit me fairly hard because, well, Amazon exists

So

I picked some stuff up

Not everything arrived, but a significant amount and I'm going to show it off

So Amazon had some sweet deals on stuff, so here's what I picked up:
    002-2.jpg

All these movies/tv shows are on blu ray and were 10 bucks or less. Everyone hopefully took advantage of the first 3 seasons of Mad Men being 10 bucks on amazon, because seriously holy shit what a deal
    023.jpg

Resonance of Fate, 30 bucks

but who gives a shit about that, it's about this motherfucker:
    001-2.jpg

See Amazon was having a lightning deal on this from 4: 30 to 8: 30 am, where this (which is normally 200 bucks, at least) was 125 dollars. That's 80 bucks of fucking savings, i had to jump on that ship asap. No tax, too, which is like another 15 bucks

So anyways this shit is fucking rad as fuck check this shit out
    003-1.jpg

the back of the box

Open it up, and look inside:
    004-2.jpg

Holy shit this is so fucking rad goddamn

Let's look inside, shall we
    005-1.jpg

Complete episode guide and map
    009.jpg

DHARMA light, it's on my car key now
    007.jpg

ankh and letter and light in the top right hand corner
    006.jpg

Serket game board
    011.jpg

Oh yeah, here's the complete series dvd case. 36 discs all in some really, really sweet binding
    017.jpg

See? look at how sweet that binding is
    012.jpg

Aaaand the compartments on the box opened up. As you can see, there's game pieces and shit in the sides

But let's check out the bottom piece again, shall we?
    013.jpg

Looks completely normal to me. Hmm...wonder what happens if we turn the lights off and shine our DHARMA light at iWHOASHIT
    016.jpg

It's a motherfucking secret fucking message! Holy shit!

Decode that shit...and...the map? Huh?
    005-1.jpg

Oh that map

Well...looks totally normal to me WHOA WHAT THE FUCK IT ROTATES
    018.jpg

HOLY SHIT GUYS
    019.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
    020.jpg

:!:
    021.jpg

:!::!::!::!::!:

YES THIS IS THE BEST SPECIAL EDITION OF ANYTHING I'VE EVER BOUGHT HOLY SHIT

Rent on
    edited December 2010
    36 gat dam blu ray discs

DOES IT NEED THAT MANY

Kaseius on
    edited December 2010
    Shit, man, that's cool. But... could you maybe spoiler tag those pictures? They're huge.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    edited December 2010
    Now you and UVow can be best bros.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WP_000000.jpg

My first cell phone. Absolutely loving everything about it. So far its blowing my experiences with iOS out of the water, (Not surprising, iOS feels a little stale at this point :P)

Yah, 20 years old and my first cell phone >.>

Zerokku on
    edited December 2010
    Man, buying souvenirs at Walt Disney World is freakin' hard. You have to weigh usefulness versus not going broke. Makes buying stuff super hard for yourself. (Though I had no trouble buying a number of things for the girlfriend.)

I did buy three shirts though.

img0011ok.jpg

And a plush steamboat willie mickey. Looked way too cool to pass up.

img0015he.jpg

Many thanks to Kirbith for the heads up on the Season 6 box at Target. $13. Now if I can just get someone to accept the Goozex trade for my previous set.

img0016fg.jpg

Also this Mario thing that alot of you seem to have.

img0012vq.jpg

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    What the hell is Azumanga Daioh

It's brought up like all the time

I know it's an anime and that's it

it's the only anime worth watching

Hell no.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
    edited December 2010
    well okay, azumanga dai-oh and ghost in the shell: SAC

but that's it

Rent on
  • Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dragon Quest 5 is such a great game. Was the banter from your companions in the original game? Jeeze, that had to be way ahead of it's time.

Lenore03 on
    edited December 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    well okay, azumanga dai-oh and ghost in the shell: SAC

but that's it

Hell no.

I wouldn't even put them in my top 10 really.

Anyway, on stuff I got, finally got to buy some games. :lol:

awesomesteam.jpg

Altogether <$40, though I guess recettear and portal doesn't count. Also mount and blade was gifted by lowlylowlycook.

Antihippy on
    edited December 2010
    Fuck that anime moe shit. Fist of the North Star, bitches.

ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA

You're already dead.

But seriously, Yotsuba& is pretty great.

Shady3011 on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bubblegum Crisis and Serial Experiments Lain top my list.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • IncognitoEsqIncognitoEsq TexasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Did somebody mention anime.

Haruhi is what's up, haters get out.

Zero those shirts are rad, especially the gray one. The plush is cool too, but to me it looks huge. Might just be the picture.

IncognitoEsq on
  • Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You guys should keep your fuwa fuwa in your dedicated fuwa fuwa thread.

Lenore03 on
    edited December 2010
    I don't know what nonsense you be spitting.

Shady3011 on
    edited December 2010
    Rent, the only anime worth watching is Cowboy Bebop. Which is certainly not spelled "Azumanga Daioh". Also, told you the Lost Blu-ray set is the best damn thing ever.

Anyways

BLACK FRIDAY - THE HAUL

IMG_0402.jpg

PICTURED

- Red Nintendo Wii, includes a Wii remote with built-in Motion Plus, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Sports (pffft)
    - Bayonetta for 360. I got a hankering to play it the other day which was coincidentally when I saw it on sale.
    - Final Fantasy XIII, which I hated on the first go-round, but hey, for $15 I may as well give it another shot when I'm really bored
    - Donkey Kong Country Returns
    - Metroid: Other M
    - Wii Classic Controller Plus
    - Muramasa: The Demon Blade
    - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, this better be a sweet read, the movie was great
    - iPhone 3GS, because I wanted an upgrade from my old 3G but I like the way the 3GS looks better than the 4

Not pictured is a Nyko Charge Station because, I mean, why advertise that? And also season three of Dexter, which comes tomorrow.

UnbreakableVow on
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, everyone is posting some awesome gets.

Also, rent, I demand you look into three things:
    • Paranoia Agent (by Satoshi Kon, the dude who made Perfect Blue & Paprika
    • Samurai Champloo (just watch the first episode, then decide if it's worth your time
    and
    • yes, Cowboy Bebop.

Also Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is pretty damn awesome. I intend to own that, one day.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Awesome pics of stuff.

Yay! Glad someone else is finally freed from the terrible homer head season 6. And for cheapsies too!
    Chance wrote: »
    Man, everyone is posting some awesome gets.

Also, rent, I demand you look into three things:
    • Paranoia Agent (by Satoshi Kon, the dude who made Perfect Blue & Paprika
    • Samurai Champloo (just watch the first episode, then decide if it's worth your time
    and
    • yes, Cowboy Bebop.

Also Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is pretty damn awesome. I intend to own that, one day.

Samurai Champloo is pretty damn fantastic! Just got my boyfriend to watch his first full anime series with me, Cowboy Bebop of course. And it was fantastic as always.

Also, I wish [as] would bring back new episodes of FMA: Brotherhood already, it's been quite a while since they went on hiatus with it. I started reading the manga a while back (up to volume 18 now), and I'm past the anime at this point. But I would definitely pick up a box set of the show once all the episodes are out.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
    edited December 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Bubblegum Crisis and Serial Experiments Lain top my list.

Haibane renmei for me is the better Yoshotoshi ABe involved porject but they're both great.

Along with those 2 my top 5 would be gunslinger girl, glass mask, nodame cantibile, flcl and hellsing ultimate.

Antihippy on
This discussion has been closed.