As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Glossolalia - in our dreams, we are the eldritch horrors

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [FTS9][Cristopher Jett]I]Ghost[/I Stress: 0% Special 0%
    [Speed Manipulation (A) 30%][Casanova (A) 25%][War Hero (A) 20%][Trick Pilot (C) 40%][Alcoholic (D) 25%]
    [Grizzly][Black Door][Scimattar]

"It's not a jet, but it'll have to do, I guess", Chris replies, chuckling, "Really though, it shouldn't be too tough."

Entering the vehicle, Ghost inspects the insides, taking special note of the cockpit. If one paid attention to him, they might notice his outline flickering ominously in time with the eye twitching fuzz playing out from the wings.

"Tell me, would you know what they call those things in the wings?", Ghost offhandedly says to Wizard as he does a once over of the controls.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    that briefcase had better be my car

T4CT on
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Anthony W. Kyrjikvold][BACCUS][Royal Blue][PTY7] Stress 0% Special 0%
    Traits: [Aikido 20% (A)] [Intense 30% (C)] [Sonic Warrior 30% (A)] [Party Master 20% (A)] [Idealistic 5% (D)]

"Massive yawning holes with an unquenchable thirst for balls and men are bad news."

Baccus pauses for a moment, trying to decide on which of the seven Khazad's to focus on.

"Have you heard any cawing?"

Shock G on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [PTY7][Howell Gaerwn] (Codename:Clover) Special 0% Stress 0% Progress 0%
    [Lucky 35%(B)][Valiant 10%(C)][Rogue Knight 60%(A)][Ex-Aristocrat 10%(A)][Strict Code 25%(D)]

Equipment: Platemail Suit, Retractable Spear, Black Card

2q32kuq.png2irrbwg.pngt869a8.png

"Mm, aye well that's why we're here." He says levelly, his arms folded in front of his chest now. "Is that all you can tell us? We've been informed that it might be something called a 'Djinnhole'. Do you know anything about that?"

He turns to the side and says quietly to Sparkle, "You're a sorceress of some sort. This stinks of the arcane. Can you, mm, feel anything?"

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [FTS9][Jake Hester][Codename: Small Time] Stress 0% Special 0% Progress 0%
    Traits: [Deceptively Strong 20% A] [Gruff 15% B] [Commando 30% A] [Itsy-Bitsy Infiltrator 20% A] [Exponential Napoleon Complex 15% D]
    Equipment: [Speed Racer] [Ytlkrek] [Modified Bowie Knife] [Bullet-Proof Badge] [1/9th Scale Rifle]
    Wounds:

"Thanks," Jake says as he takes the cigar from Wizard.

Approaching the chopper, he leaps up to the interior, and begins wrestling with the over-sized seatbelt.

Oshun

Kssan skitters back across the sand, bag in tow. He enters the ruins and runs down the winding ramp, before coming to the main chamber, where three lights are being waved around erratically.

Doon

Had Dustin not suddenly vanished into thin air, he would have noted that the dead crewman had a gun next to his corpse, and that another sailor was taking cover behind a crate nearby. He looked as though he'd already taken a shot in the shoulder. No one else would have been visible from his poor vantage point.

"Well uh, the plan is to sneak up to the bridge and shoot any bad guys that happen to notice me," Galk says to Garret as the lift slows to a halt. "That's... really all I've got.

Don't suppose you have anything better?"

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    hey speed, what should we be doing?

Shock G on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    you've been instructed by the pirate to explore the area

cheese has also suggested jumping him now that you outnumber him

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    later tonight I'm gonna doodle some basic maps for the missions because at least in my opinion that makes things a lot more comprehensible

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    [Barry Pennington][Codename: Great White][DPR3] Stress 0% Special 0% Progress 0%
    Traits:[Fencing 10% (A)][Boastful 20% (C)][Big-Game Hunter 40% (A)][Rollercoaster Tycoon 25% (A)][Skirt Chaser 5% (D)]

Barry loads his many pockets to the brim with tag rounds for his blunderbuss Bessy, a ballistic vest in case of ne'er-do-wells, and a full canteen for refreshment. He hurries down the hall and out the door to see what the commotion is about.

He stares breathless out at the jungle full of towering beasts, just itching for the hunt to begin. "Agent, I don't know where you've taken us, but your NADS has made me the happiest man in the world." A determined grin wipes the awe from Barry's face. "Shall we get started then?"

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    [Percival C. Wright] (Funk) [PTY7] Stress 0% Special 0%
    Traits: [DANK Druid 25% (A)][Completely Chill 20% (B)][Nomadic 10% (A)][Funkadelic Musician 35% (A)][Dirty Hippie 10% (D)]
    Equipment:
    Eclectic Bass, Patches: Haze, Greenthumb, Red eye, Grizzly

"Bottomless?" he says whistfully. "That's some heavy shit man."

Thinking about it for a second, he croaks out, "You put out good vibrations, and I have always found the universe returns good vibes to you." The aging hippie plays a few notes into the open expanse of the cavern, ancient runes glowing green agianst neck of the orange creamsicle colored bass.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    [Garret Walters] [Doon] Stress 0% Special 0% Progress 0%
    [Demolitions 20% (A)][Charming 15% (A)][Lifter 40% (A)][Survivalist 15% (A)][Frail 10% (D)]

"Damn." Garret takes a moment to collect his thoughts.

"Alright then, I guess I've heard worse plans. At least they won' expect anyone running towards the gunshots, so we've got surprise on our side." He readies his pistol and cocks his head towards the door. "Ladies first."

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    SemirrageSemirrage Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    [Cait Summerskill][Balm][DPR3] Stress0% Special 0% Progress 0%
    Traits:[Master-Blaster (A) 20%][Compassionate (B) 15%][Field Medic (A) 40%][Cybernetic Enhancements (A) 20%][Reckless (D) 5%]

Cait steps to the open doorway and engages her telescopic implants focusing on the herd.

"Looks like you huntin' boys are in for a treat!"

Semirrage on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [Quorthon Crow-Eye][Oshun]Stress 0% Special 0%
    Traits: [Animal Handling 15% (A)] [Honorable 15% (C)] [Sand Viking 30% (A)] [Machinist's Son 30% (A)] [Barbarous 10% (D)]

Crow-Eye takes a long look around, taking special notice of the ancient machines, any exits, and any advantage he could gain over his captor. He's building a plan to get out of this mess. Step one is taking down the mute.

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I am excited to hunt dinosaurs and fight pirates, in that order

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't think we should jump that guy, they seem pretty alright for a bunch of vicious sand pirates, I mean, they're letting us go on an ADVENTURE! and there's been a minimum of leering and nautical sex puns

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    No one ties up Quorthon Crow-Eye and lives to tell the tale

Shock G on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I excited to help a, uh, nature spirit with his women problems

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Shabooty wrote: »

You must battle the elements and traverse a terrifying blizzard to save a village from an ice king got mad!

plus! everyone knows sad people love fluffy bunnies

doubleplus! I am pretty sure you guys are playing Adventure Time

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I am excited to continue degrading Shabooty's character

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Shabooty wrote: »

You must battle the elements and traverse a terrifying blizzard to save a village from an ice king got mad!

plus! everyone knows sad people love fluffy bunnies

doubleplus! I am pretty sure you guys are playing Adventure Time

oh my

Shabooty on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The other teams are getting ahead of us! Perhaps we should pick up the pace.

[Rick Thunder][Codename: Vulcan] Stress 0% Special 0% Progress 0%
    Traits: [Resourceful 15% (A)] [Confident 10% (C)] [Action Scientist 40% (A)] [Adventurer's Son 25% (A)] [Reckless 10% (D)]
    Equipment: [Thunder Gun] [ACTION! Lab Coat] [Science Specs MKII] COLOR="DimGray"]Engineer Patch[/COLOR COLOR="DimGray"]Speed Racer[/COLOR

Rick looks through the rest of the crates contents, notices the metal suitcase and picks it up. He takes one of the headsets, too, and equips it.

"Once you've all decided on a disguise, you should take the ammunition that's been provided," he says. "We may need it if things turn ugly."

He gently places the suitcase on the ground, unlocks the latches and opens it.

And Speed, what's Jessie's team supposed to do? I posted the update about us going down the stairs, so are we where Dustin used to be?

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm just waiting to see which watch Dubh wants

Antimatter on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dubh quit. As such, his character has been removed from continuity for now. There is only one MTD left - namely, whichever one you pick.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Lorenzo's future Lovely Assistant quit?

dang

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ah

well then
    [MSK2][Mitchell Ferox][Codename: Rocket]Special 0% Stress 0% Progress 0%
    [Power Mimic 30% (C)] [Competitive 15% (A)] [Power Knight 30% (B)] [Student 15% (A)] [Impulsive 10% (D)]
    Wounds:
    Equipment: Pistol, Headset, MTD

Mitch grudgingly equips "Chastity". "Let's see how bad this is..."

Antimatter on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    :c

is he still going to be around and posting?

Squall on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Maybe? I hope so. You'll have to ask him.

Seriously, did everyone miss his post?

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I saw he was quitting Deucarta but I wasn't entirely sure about Royal Blue

Antimatter on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    [Dapper][Becca Durst][CN: Vertigo][DPR3]
    Traits: [Stealth 25% (B)] [Watchful 20% (A)] [Monster Hunter 30% (C)] [Beat Cop 25% (A)] [Hardhearted (D)]

"Shit, dinosaurs," she says. "Awesome." She looks back at the Agent. "Where are we?"

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    aww geez dubh I didn't realize things were that bad :c

really hope things get better and soon, we'll all miss you!

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »

yeah, same. I kind of figured that he meant both, but I hoped not

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    [Arthur Walt][Codename: Key] [DPR3] Stress 0% Special 0%
    Traits:[Charismatic 25%(C)] [Gentlemanly 20%(B)] [Detective 30% (A)] [Bookworm 20%(A)] [Narcissistic 5%(D)]

Arthur grumbles to himself as he sorts through the armory.

"Armored vests? Useful, but I prefer my tailored waistcoat, to be honest."

Eventually he settles on a small gun and a pocket knife. Then he rushes to catch up with the rest of the team, bursting through the doors of the NADS to see the scene beyond. A single drop of sweat, either from nervousness or the intense heat, drips off his forehead.

"Uh. Oh dear. I...I'm afraid this is rather outside of my field of expertise."

He coughs loudly.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lockout wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »

yeah, same. I kind of figured that he meant both, but I hoped not

:c maaaan, I really liked Deucarta!

and that was the only game I was in! Now I gotta make another character. :<

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [Cait Summerskill][Balm][DPR3] Stress0% Special 0% Progress 0%
    Traits:[Master-Blaster (A) 20%][Compassionate (B) 15%][Field Medic (A) 40%][Cybernetic Enhancements (A) 20%][Reckless (D) 5%]

Cait marvels at the view for a moment and heads back into the armory. She roots around and finds a large harpoon gun. Using her demolition wiring knowledge, she wires the device to her core.

"Can't risk killing such lovely beasts, but I also can't keep you all safe without a Dino-Tazer."

Trotting to the doorway with an oddly melodic pinging gait, Cait calls back, "You great white hunters coming?" and leaps over the cliff, relying on her hydraulically actuated aerofoil panels to slow her decent to the verdant canopy below.

...reckless is going to bite me in my metal ass.

Semirrage on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Um, Semirrage...

Tag Rounds and Thumper Grenades.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I've got tag rounds loaded per last thread; I will admit, however that I forgot all that stuffs was non-lethal.

Optimistically excited about my electro-harpoon-gun...

(please feel free to use DM's prerogative to bitch-slap me back to reality at any time, just rolling with the free-form nature of Glossolalia)

Semirrage on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    going to watch the wire and then go to bed

I pray Chastity isn't too much of a whore
    if she is I'll be requesting the MTD after the mission for "recreational purposes"

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [Dapper][Becca Durst][CN: Vertigo][DPR3]
    Traits: [Stealth 25% (B)] [Watchful 20% (A)] [Monster Hunter 30% (C)] [Beat Cop 25% (A)] [Hardhearted (D)]

"At this point, the mission could be anything. You'll get your chance to shine, I'm sure," Becca says to Arthur. She grins. "In the meantime, focus on not dying."

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hello my lovelies

I got a coffeemaker for FREE

balls awesome over here

Raneados on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    [Alloy][MSK2] Special 0% Stress 0%
    [Mining Robot 45% (A)][Jovial 15% (B)][Robotics Technician 30% (A)][Rich Boy 5% (A)[Phantom Body 5% (D)]

"Tyson", reasonably satisfied with his disguise, moves to look over the crate, and picks out one of the communicators.

He motions to put it on, then pauses. He taps his morphographic disguise watch, and returns to his usual form- he visibly relaxes his metallic shoulders as he does so. Unfolding both secondary arms, Alloy goes to work unscrewing a plate covering his torso-mounted speaker, removing it and slipping the communicator inside. The disturbingly long and slender three-jointed fingers of his secondary hands move with unnatural speed, and he makes several peculiar noises as he fiddles around inside his own innards, finally slipping his hands back out and refastening the cover plate.

"There," his usual, mechanical flange states with a tone of satisfaction. "Neatly integrated with my systems."
    Alloy hits his watch again, returning to "Tyson". He grabs a bandolier of Thumper Grenades, slipping it on.

"These must be the stun grenades I've read about," he says with a hint of whimsy. He begins muttering to himself. "Can't just carry them around in a bandolier, oh no. Maybe I can rig something up next time I hit the lab? A retracting torso-mounted grenade launcher, maybe. There's enough dead space in the torso cavity, more if I move around some of the redundant systems and look into enhanced miniaturization for others. I wonder what firing it would feel like, if I'm gonna have to do some more sense discovery training like I did for the secondary arms..."
    He wanders away from the crate, beginning to pace. He continues to mutter inaudibly, gesturing with his hands as he deems necessary.

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
This discussion has been closed.