As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

King of Fighters. The Movie! Now with less Uwe Boll

2»

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think Geese was trying to play it cool, really. Like, "Hell, who needs Orochi powers. I mean, I've got this energy cage thing, and fireballs. That's, like, twice as awesome. Right guys? Right?" He realized all the trouble associated with Orochi and just walked away instead of going to all the trouble and probably getting screwed in the end. Just pretended he didn't need it, to save face and convince people that he's a badass.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    mikecantypemikecantype Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dracknor wrote: »
    I think there is hope for this seeing as its a Hong Kong director and not a an american one. Gordon Chan is a pretty good director I doubt this will be a great movie but it could be pretty good at the very least it should be entertaing to watch.
    Beast Cops is the best thing Gordan Chan has written and directed (and also his last). Sure Fist of Legends and his numerous movies he did with Stephen Chow (Fight Back to School 1 + 2 and King of Beggars) were great but mostly because of the star actors themselves. And mind you those were back in the early and middle periods of his career, lately he's been pumping out mediocre fluff, Undercover Hidden Dragon and Mr Three Minutes? Blah.

Yeah King of Fighters movie, about time.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    iorifinal.gif

Meiz on
  • Options
    Neo RasaNeo Rasa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I think Geese was trying to play it cool, really. Like, "Hell, who needs Orochi powers. I mean, I've got this energy cage thing, and fireballs. That's, like, twice as awesome. Right guys? Right?" He realized all the trouble associated with Orochi and just walked away instead of going to all the trouble and probably getting screwed in the end. Just pretended he didn't need it, to save face and convince people that he's a badass.

Geese doesn't have to play it cool, he IS cool. Oh man, in King of Fighters: Kyo (the graphic RPG that follows the Orochi storyline) Shadow infuses himself with Orochi power and Geese kills him with just a single Reppuken (which aren't fire balls, but wind and air based). So awesome. Not even death can stop Geese, he pops up in Real Bout 2 with a halo over his head. No sealed away for 1,000 years nonsense.

Neo Rasa on
    "You know how Batman hangs people over the edge of buildings and gets them to spill information. That's Neo Rasa's way of it, but instead of information, he just likes to see people suffer." ~Senor Fish
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Neo Rasa wrote: »
    notagame wrote: »
    That's a pretty weak reason seeing as how Orochi would absolutely whoop his ass.

Why would Geese lie? If Orochi had any power worth using Geese would be there. I don't mean that to detract from the God-like powers Orochi weilds, people just have to learn to deal with the fact that it's not as powerful as Geese Howard. ;)

Hahah, no, don't get me wrong, Geese is so powerful in every sense of the word that I know he truly believed it wasn't worth having (after all, he took down Goentiz in one ending, didn't he?) but whether he wants it or not, adding a whole other overpowered moveset to his repertoire would've made Omega Rugal look like Bao.

...heh, in fact, some of his RB incarnations already make Rugal look like Bao :lol:

But I'm assuming that Geese already knows how to get the most out of his body/ambient energy, so the Orochi power is more like a pointless alternative than the endless deluge it seems to be to everyone else.

My only upset is that Geese has never fought Rugal canonically. And considering that Rugal stole moves from both him and Krauser, that'd make for some interesting retribution. If the film changes things, they should feel free to remedy that!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I love Geese in 2006/MI2. Even as a faded memory, he's so badass that he ignores other peoples' moves. last night, I knocked Chae Lim out of Flying Phoenix Kick with a strong punch.

Geese makes other SNK bosses cry themselves to sleep. Except Igniz. Fuck that guy.

LibrarianThorne on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yes. Fuck Igniz. It's like Playmore wanted to combine the worst possible features into an endgame boss.

Powerful moves, but he uses his goddamn clothes for them. I mean... what? The guy is wearing a dress!

He even has an infinite move, apparently. He can just keep doing his diagonal slicing thing ad infinitum.

...and that's why they shouldn't touch NESTS with a gigantic stick in the film. Ever.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Yes. Fuck Igniz. It's like Playmore wanted to combine the worst possible features into an endgame boss.

Powerful moves, but he uses his goddamn clothes for them. I mean... what? The guy is wearing a dress!

He even has an infinite move, apparently. He can just keep doing his diagonal slicing thing ad infinitum.

...and that's why they shouldn't touch NESTS with a gigantic stick in the film. Ever.

Krasuer or Rugal definitely need to be the main antagonists of a KOF movie, if they're not doing the Orochi storyline. Then again, a KOF movie that doesn't have Geese isn't a KOF movie.

LibrarianThorne on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007

Krasuer or Rugal definitely need to be the main antagonists of a KOF movie, if they're not doing the Orochi storyline. Then again, a KOF movie that doesn't have Geese isn't a KOF movie.

Wouldn't making Geese the main villain necessitate making Terry the main hero?

Edit: Barring actual skilled writing or retconning Rock out of existence, I mean.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Wouldn't making Geese the main villain necessitate making Terry the main hero?

Edit: Barring actual skilled writing or retconning Rock out of existence, I mean.

Not necessarily. Like I said earlier, I could see KOF working as a sort of hybrid Orochi storyline. Start up with Kyo just discovering the tournament, and that it'll involve the Kusanagi flame or some such, and as he progresses through the tourney he meets Ryo Sakazaki and Terry Bogard, both legendary fighters who are in the tourney for their own reasons. Initial fight with Iori where Iori briefly loses it and becomes Orochi Iori and beats the hell out of Kyo before leaving. Kyo is helped out by Ryo and Terry, and the three go on to discover that the King of Fighters tournament exists to summon Orochi, and that Mr. Big and Geese Howard are involved. Build up to the big climax by having Ryo and Terry peel off to fight their respective big bads, ending with Kyo taking on Orochi with Iori's help. Work in Chizuru as the love interest and bam! Fairly awesome/epic kung fu badassery ensues.

I'm now going to go play KOF2006 and make a Team of Kyo, Ryo, and Terry. They shall be... Team Main Characters!

LibrarianThorne on