As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: BC2 night every Thursday

That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guyRegistered User regular
edited February 2011 in Games and Technology
It's official. We have a new PA Bad Company 2 server. Make sure to add it to your favorites list. We are currently running all Vanilla maps in a conquest, rush, conquest lineup.

Thursday night is now officially BC2 nights. I hope to see you there.

Game Server info.
IP: 69.174.244.173
Port: 19577
Search "Penny Arcade Public Server"
Get in vent if you are playing!

VENT INFO
IP: 69.12.36.171
Port: 2377

PA people should use PA as their clan tag. You might get kicked or harassed if you don't.

Fill out the following Google form to be added to the PA reserved slot list. I update the list about once a week. If I don't recognize your Soldier name, you might not be added to the list. If you are a PA person, make sure you use our vent server and have PA as your clan tag.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dDhmVkhncU1hS01MSmhrTVpzeWo0LVE6MQ#gid=0
Whitelist last updated: 1-15-10 1:34pm EST

Be sure to join our Steam Group.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PABC2

If you like the server, please consider donating.
btn_donate_LG.gif
Currently there are 5 donations

Donations total: $65
Donations needed: $0

If you see someone blatantly hacking on the Penny Arcade Public Server, please report it with the form below.
http://tiny.cc/pareporting

Latest Patch Notes 12-1-10 (1/12/10 for you UK people)
Current R26 changelog:

- Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
- Fixed an issue where the Bullet Tracers wouldn't display
- Fixed an issue where Play Now wouldn't work
- Added Ticket Count for Conquest end of round.
- Added the server info to the objectives screen.
- Map Pack 7 released.

- Contains content in preparation for Vietnam

The Vietnam Expantion will be out of the 18th for people who pre-purchase via Steam users and the 21st for everyone else.
Info
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/11/30/release-dates-set-for-vip-map-pack-7-and-battlefield-bad-company-2-vietn.aspx
Buy it now
http://store.steampowered.com/app/47880/
A 5th map has been announced for Vietnam.
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/12/03/vietnam-hardware-join-the-battle-for-hastings-dec-21.aspx

Preventing you from getting yelled at in 9 Minutes

PC System Requirements!
[B]Minimum Frostbite PC Specs[/B]
    * Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
    * Main memory: 2GB
    * Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900
    * Graphics memory: 256MB
    * Free HDD space:
          o 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
          o 10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943) 

[B]Recommended Frostbite PC Specs[/B]
    * Processor: Quadcore
    * Main memory: 2GB
    * Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
    * Graphics memory: 512MB
    * Free HDD space:
          o 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)
          o 10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943) 

Game Modes
Single-player
There is single player! In a battlefield game! Weird, I know!

Squad Rush: 4v4
Each team has an M-COMM station. Kind of like CTF but the flags don't move.

Squad Death-Match: 4v4v4v4
Played on a smaller map, this is just a straight up team-dm with a single vehicle dropped in the centre to fight over. Get your mates, grab your guns and start shooting.

Conquest: 16v16 PC, 12v12 PS3/360
A Battlefield mainstay, this mode makes its return here. No major changes announced, and there've been hints at classic maps making reappearances as DLC.

Rush: 16v16 PC, 12v12 PS3/360
Players choose to join either the Attacking team or the Defending team, and spawn in their respective bases. Attackers try to set up demolition charges on a set of 2 M-COMM crates in the Defending team's base. For each Attacker killed, the team loses one life, or "ticket." If the Attacking team's tickets run out, game over. If they manage to detonate the M-COMM's, a new Defending team base opens up, and the process repeats itself until three bases have been destroyed and the Attackers win.

Kits (Loadouts)
Assault
The basic offensive loadout. Main features are an ammo box that replenishes ammo when dropped, and a 40mm launcher that can be used for grenades, smoke grenades, or a slow-reloading shotgun attachment. Assault Rifles are the Assault's main primary weapon. Against vehicles, the Assault will generally not fare so well.

Medic
Similar to the Assault's ammo box, the medic gets a first aid kit. Once dropped, it will replenish health to everyone within a fairly tight radius. The medic also gets defib paddles, which can resurrect recently deceased teammates. These teammates, still caught in the limbo of the spawn timer, will be marked on your minimap (and on screen if HUD is enabled) by a little green or blue heart-rate monitor symbol. The medic's primary is the Light Machine Gun, making him great for infantry support. Against vehicles, though, he is worse off than the Assault.

Engineer
The engineer's specials are a welding tool that repairs friendly vehicles (and deals damage to enemies!), and the choice between RPG's or anti-tank mines. RPG's have the added benefit of being able to lock onto anything that has already been marked by the cross-kit unlock tracer dart pistol, while anti-tank mines will not harm friendly vehicles and stay deployed even after you die or switch kits. Engineer's primaries are Sub Machine Guns, generally pretty weak but also silenced and fairly accurate.

Recon
The recon's specials are a choice between remote-detonated C4 and the ability to call down a mortar strike on a target with which you have line-of-sight. They also gets the incredibly useful motion sensor thing, which spots all enemies within a decent radius for a limited time. The recon's primaries are sniper rifles. Also it can't be overstated how much proper hiding will help you in this: people will walk within 2 feet of you if you're in the right bush, the ghillie suit is your friend.

Smoke weed, play BC2. DO IT

UAV Controls Un-Invert
airinput1.jpg
If you swap [the red underlined] value the UAV and the helicopters will be the same inversion. To find these values, please refer to CarbonFire's turret fix.

Signatures
http://bfbc2.elxx.net/sigg-o-matic.php

I need some banners to run on the server.

Weapon Stats
http://battlefieldbadass.com/equipment/

More indepth information
http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/
http://rigel.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/90/90f94d16f127c0b75021ad27ceeeadf89dbdafb9.png
http://bfbc2info.blogspot.com/

Changing FOV
FOV (Field of View) determines how much of your surrounding area you can see without turning.
http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

Flying a Helicopter

That_Guy on

• TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Postin' in the new thread

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm in your view, sniping your gunner!

RoyceSraphim on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What perks effect the Mortar Strike? Does it count as personal or vehicle?

That_Guy on
  • ToastlyToastly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »
    What perks effect the Mortar Strike? Does it count as personal or vehicle?

Pretty sure it's personal - the upgraded explosives perk should do the trick

Toastly on
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    yeah, upgraded explosives will make the mortar strike take out a tank or house real fast.

ghost_master2000 on
  • hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    $15 more donated.

hailthefish on
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Aw thats really generous hailthefish, especially given how far Texas is from Seattle.

rRootagea on
  • Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    $10 more donated

Doctor Deimos on
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Turns out that Harvest Rush makes people completely ignore the UAV for some reason. Helps that, with the map being so big, you can keep the UAV waaaaaay over the other side and still zoom in enough to do everything just fine.

It's pretty neat to pound the enemy's tanks so hard that they give up on them and leave them unused at spawn.

Suriko on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Haha, I saw some douchenozzle ditch an attack chopper on Heavy Metal for no other reason than to get on top of one of the wind turbines to snipe. Too bad I was in a tank, saw him do it, and managed to get juuuust the right angle to get the tank rounds to explode on top of the turbine. Took a few hits to do enough splash damage, but it wasn't like he could go anywhere anyway. Guy probably thought he was pretty clever, too.

I then proceeded to down three attack choppers and two tanks over the course of the game with the tank. Yes, normally a tank can't get a high enough angle to blast a chopper, but if the tank is way up on a ridge and backs down the other side a bit, the sky's the limit. Which is more than those choppers could say. Having the area around my tank littered with chopper parts was lovely.

Speaking of UAVs, Cold War seems to make people blind to UAVs as well. I spent something like half a game of Rush spotting and using guided missiles before anybody bothered to try and shoot me down. In the end, I ended up dying because I rushed an MCOM with the UAV to keep defenders off of it. Went with the vehicle reload perk and it was a ball thanks to all the tight quarters fighting. I'd also average 2-3 people per spot and guys just kept pouring out of buildings.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • VeitsevVeitsev Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The server is in desperate need of manz

Veitsev on
    nibblersig-1.jpg
    Steam 3DS: 1160-9885-2554
    edited December 2010
    Wow guys. We now have donations totaling $45 (before paypal fees). This will be a great help in keeping this server running. We should be good for another month and a half.

I do believe it is time to play this game. GET ON SERVER. And vent too....

That_Guy on
  • Jokers GambleJokers Gamble Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I owned this for 360 but since my Box decided to swallow a gun barrel and end it I decided to pick it up for PC. Should hopefully be laying C4 traps soon enough.

Jokers Gamble on
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Heavy Metal is huuuuuuuuuuge! Tanks rolling down the valley look awesome.

Satsumomo on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hmm, is the SPECACT pack interesting enough to be worth the $5.50? It would give me a few more weapons to get gold stars in now that I'm done with all the rest. And the skins do look pretty neat...

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I really wish they would fix the being shunted back to dashboard glitch on the xbox.

e: didn't bother with the SPECACT pack, 5 bucks isn't worth it to me for a few more character models.

101 on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hmm, is the SPECACT pack interesting enough to be worth the $5.50? It would give me a few more weapons to get gold stars in now that I'm done with all the rest. And the skins do look pretty neat...

It's not even new weapons, just different colors for weapons already in the game.

So can somebody explain to me what the deal is with sniper rifles right now? I enjoy one-shotting people at close ranges with the M95 and magnum ammo, but it seems like any of the bolt-action rifles do that. I remember that all the sniper rifles were given the same damage values a while back, but that should be changed by now, right? Because it would be pointless to haul around the M95 if I can get the same effect with more accurate rifles.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

It's not even new weapons, just different colors for weapons already in the game.

So can somebody explain to me what the deal is with sniper rifles right now? I enjoy one-shotting people at close ranges with the M95 and magnum ammo, but it seems like any of the bolt-action rifles do that. I remember that all the sniper rifles were given the same damage values a while back, but that should be changed by now, right? Because it would be pointless to haul around the M95 if I can get the same effect with more accurate rifles.

yes

rRootagea on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I went and played on another server and had a lot of fun

Great job you team stacking assholes

tofu on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man I wish I could fix this bullshit. 99% of the time, when I join a server, any server, EA's stat server kicks me which boots me from whatever game server I just joined.

-Loki- on
  • AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I love the new maps, but my computer doesn't - keeps on locking up or crashing on some of them, and just plain crashes when trying to load another D:

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    Great news. There is now going to be a total of 5 new maps with Vietnam. I am super excited now. Just 2 weeks away.
    http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/12/03/vietnam-hardware-join-the-battle-for-hastings-dec-21.aspx

That_Guy on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tanks on Oasis is some fun stuff. Also I slept in till 1pm so I didn't get to play with you guys :c

Warcry on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I remembered Oasis when they announced it for BC 2, but I had no clue what Harvest Day was. Turns out is was my other favorite map from BC 1. So I'm pretty happy with this map release. The other map in conquest is nearly open world Battlefield. The map is ginormous and so, so open.

-Loki- on
  • RookRook Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I thought the M95 could damage vehicles/choppers? Or is that something they removed.

With Vietnam being £10, I don't think I can justify the SPECAT pack at £5. Though the new maps are pretty awesome so the developers certainly deserve some love, maybe if it goes on sale over Christmas.

Rook on
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Heavy Metal is a lot of fun. They should have more vehicle-heavy levels in future titles.

Turkey on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    For future reference, smoke users:

Do not smoke an armed MCOM if you are on Attackers. You can't see fucking anyone disarming. You dumbshit.

Do not smoke areas directly in front of your team. This results in them not being able to see shit and running blindly through the smoke wall into enemy bullets. You dumbshit.

Warcry on
    edited December 2010
    Haha I know, the whole smoking an MCOM as attackers is insanely stupid. As a defender I always smoke it to protect disarming.

They key to using smoke is to block your enemy's view, so smoke around the MCOM, most preferably smoke vantage points the enemy can use.

When advancing towards the frontline, smoke any point where the enemy might shoot you from, you're blocking their view, not yourself. They can't see you and have to move somewhere else.

Here, I made a diagram which should help people understand smoke:

smokey.png

Green dot is you, and you're using smoke. Red dot is your opponent.

Satsumomo on
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    As we're in top-tips mode: Tanks are mobile artillery in this game, they are on the whole fucking useless if you're moving around; you won't hit shit and the poor bastard blatting away with the machine gun sure as hell won't.

Stay in a good, covered postition, usually between buildings/by ridges/walls and only move to avoid mortars. Being too exposed will in most cases lead to instantaneous death on the new maps.Then shoot those little bastards scurrying around in the distance and spot constantly. Having little triangles above enemy heads helps hugely with shooting when there are huge clouds of dust from the shelling.

Jimmy Marku on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Haha I know, the whole smoking an MCOM as attackers is insanely stupid. As a defender I always smoke it to protect disarming.

They key to using smoke is to block your enemy's view, so smoke around the MCOM, most preferably smoke vantage points the enemy can use.

When advancing towards the frontline, smoke any point where the enemy might shoot you from, you're blocking their view, not yourself. They can't see you and have to move somewhere else.

Here, I made a diagram which should help people understand smoke:

smokey.png

Green dot is you, and you're using smoke. Red dot is your opponent.

Counterpoint:

smoke1.jpgsmoke2y.jpg

When you've got multiple threats from different directions (ESPECIALLY when you don't know exactly where those threats might be), it can be better to keep the smoke closer to you. This is useful on maps like Harvest Day that have large open spaces, where enemies can spot you from all over the map.

Is it less ideal than the original example? Yes, it's always better to smoke the enemy when possible. But keeping the smoke close has saved my bacon more than a few times.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    For future reference, smoke users:

Do not smoke an armed MCOM if you are on Attackers. You can't see fucking anyone disarming. You dumbshit.

Do not smoke areas directly in front of your team. This results in them not being able to see shit and running blindly through the smoke wall into enemy bullets. You dumbshit.

Nah.

Smoke up everything! Just never ending clouds on all the mcoms.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    What I like to do is to arm the point and toss a couple of c4s on it. If someone smoked the point I can toss a motion mine and know exactly when to hit the button. Smoke all over the AO creates confusion. This is far better for the attackers than the defenders.

That_Guy on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Smoke everything

Everything

Everything smoking all the time

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Indeed, defenders can't see the rain of grenades being thrown at the mcom through the smoke and will inevitably run in to their death in an attempt to disarm it.

ghost_master2000 on
    edited December 2010
    Thanks Carbonfire for the extra info, smoke is very versatile and I just wanted to point out that shooting smoke at the enemy isn't always bad :)

Armor usage, the new maps have a good layout in order to allow "Hull down" positions:

armorhulldown.jpg

Satsumomo on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just unlocked the G3

Christ on a cracker

We should play this game so I can kill you all with my new gun

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hailthefish on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Thanks Carbonfire for the extra info, smoke is very versatile and I just wanted to point out that shooting smoke at the enemy isn't always bad :)

Armor usage, the new maps have a good layout in order to allow "Hull down" positions:

armorhulldown.jpg

I love being hull down, in a tank duel with someone sat on top of a ridge.

Watching their shells impact my cover as they're destroyed is delicious.

Though when I'm attacking on Harvest Day and I see all three of our tanks sat on the ridge - that's pretty depressing.

101 on
  • trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've only been on the new maps a couple of times this weekend, but I haven't had any problem with snipers - probably because I am on Pubbie servers so the vast majority would struggle to hit a stationary tank.

What I have had a problem with is on 'cold war' (I think, didn't see the map name - the one in a town in snow). That map is a full on CoD MW nade/CG/40mm fest every. damn. time.

On the other maps I have noticed a resurgence of 4 man (or 3-man plus assault) medic teams. Was there a change to their mechanics or something?

trevellian on
    McGough_EA.png
  • VeitsevVeitsev Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Server needs manz.

Veitsev on
    nibblersig-1.jpg
    Steam 3DS: 1160-9885-2554
This discussion has been closed.