As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Glossolalia - in our dreams, we are the eldritch horrors

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    you got it T4CT. make me a character!

Stilts, you guys are somewhere in the stairwell between decks four and six. Dustin was at the entrance to deck 6, the door of which is propped open by a dead body. You would be where he was in a matter of seconds.

Speed Racer on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hahaha did Galk just shoot the cabin boy

wait I'm gonna wait to post some oshun stuff until I see what happan

Depressperado on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    actually the hole's in the

oh fuck that's right I drew a map!

one sec I'll scan it in

Speed Racer on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    kill all rats

[Quorthon Crow-Eye][Oshun]Stress 0% Special 27%
    Traits: [Animal Handling 15% (A)] [Honorable 15% (C)] [Sand Viking 30% (A)] [Machinist's Son 30% (A)] [Barbarous 10% (D)]

Quorthon starts to yell obscenities in his native tongue. It's deep, guttural, and incredibly upsetting, the kind of noise that digs out a roomy hovel in your ears and hangs out for a while. While he's screaming, he climbs towards whatever ichthyological nightmare's closest to his choking hand.

Shock G on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have no idea what you are talking about

I assume Quorthon gettin' bit and falling and the fish are making noise? I don't just wanna be poking around and then I turn around and whoops everybody's been reduced to comically positioned skeletons by flying ratfish.

oh wait there we go, that's definitely some noise.

Depressperado on
    edited December 2010
    oshunmap1001.jpg

thing in the top left is the hole Quorthon fell through, random scribbles are piles of rubble and scrap metal, squares are the columns supporting the ceiling. You came in from the bottom left.

Speed Racer on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    have you ever heard Danish?

Danish is a very, very unpleasant language.

Danish corrupted by an unknowable time in a hellish desert? Probably vocal genocide

Corrupt Danish obscenities? The linguistic equivalent of an overflowing sewer stuffed with rotting meat

e: to depressperado, i think

Shock G on
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I suggest that teefour only be allowed to join if he plays as will smith's character from Wild Wild West

this can happen

i only wish it was an appropriate time to take a bath so i could mull over the character idea in my head while supping a cold beer in warm water

ahhhhh

T4CT on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I wish I could actually sit down and write this paper now so that I can safely fuck around and goof off with video games tonight when folk are around

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited December 2010
    Dich don't worry I'm a tutor

what's your paper about

T4CT on
    edited December 2010
    T4CT wrote: »
    I suggest that teefour only be allowed to join if he plays as will smith's character from Wild Wild West

this can happen

i only wish it was an appropriate time to have a bath so i could mull over the character idea in my head while supping a cold beer in warm water

ahhhhh

Speed Racer on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    wait so okay what exactly were you gonna do

and did you take the bag with you or what did you do with it

I dropped the bag at Regulus' feet, and pounced on the rat biting Quoruthon, wrapping wing-tentacles around its neck and digging their chitin-coated tips into its throat.

DE?AD on
    edited December 2010
    [Oshun][Regulus T. Swift]Stress 0% Special 0%
    Traits: [Brawler 25% (A)][Polite 20%(B)][Archaeologist 25%(A)][Nomad 15%(A)][Quixotic 15%(D)]

Reg steps carefully through the chamber, peering into the darkness and running his hands along the rusted hulks of ancient machinery.

Nothing of any worth in these, except perhaps as scrap. What could they want down here?

He jumps slightly when a loud thud echoes around the chamber, followed by some loud, truly caustic exclamations, and looks towards the far end of the room.

Reg calls out, "I uh, I think we should perhaps, be careful, gentlemen?" He cracks his knuckles and carefully picks his way through the rubble, heading towards the top of the vault.

Depressperado on
    edited December 2010

this can happen

i only wish it was an appropriate time to have a bath so i could mull over the character idea in my head while supping a cold beer in warm water

ahhhhh

no we've been over this

yesterday I took a bath

i can never have a bath again

only take them

T4CT on
    edited December 2010
    wait are you telling me that you're going to continue to spend hours filling your tub with kettles of hot water in order to bathe

Speed Racer on
    edited December 2010
    Dich don't worry I'm a tutor

what's your paper about

answering the question "was Socrates guilty of the crimes of which he was accused" using a number of ancient sources and also evaluated those ancient sources in terms of their quality, relevance, persuasiveness, etc.
    so as far as I'm concerned, easy as shit. it's only supposed to be 4-6 pages, I could do it in like two hours tops

I just have a problem with starting my brain

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited December 2010
    wait are you telling me that you're going to continue to spend hours filling your tub with kettles of hot water in order to bathe

i'm gonna need more kettles

as for dichotomy

remember: after you finish your paper, replace all your size 12 periods with size 14 periods. the dots look like they're the same size but it increases the spacing between the actual period and the first letter of the next sentence and can add like half a page to your papers

i'm such a good tutor

T4CT on
    edited December 2010
    teefour
    that's
    that's undoubtedly the stupidest way to cheat on paper length that I've ever heard

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    it takes ten seconds to do

Squall on
    edited December 2010
    maybe for your fancy-ass word processors it is

but no really I've just never felt a need to inflate paper length because A. I am a wordy motherfucker and B. I had teachers in college who absolutely would analyze papers looking for that kind of thing and punish it severely

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If your paper is based on word count not length though it's pretty useless.

Though back at secondary school I would have loved that.

Solar on
    edited December 2010
    I think what you mean to say is the smartest

in reality that was a joke and if i had to give my honest scholarly opinion i would say you should find a way to argue that socrates IS guilty of his crimes because it's probably going to be the less argue'd point and will stand out more in the professor's mind

but c'mon the period thing is pretty witty

T4CT on
  • SemirrageSemirrage Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Seems to me that folks in the play-by-post RPG thread probably can write. Probably like to write. Probably have the problem of writing papers that are too wordy.

Semirrage on
    edited December 2010
    it's not like his paper needs it

i'm just saying he should do it anyway because it's boss

T4CT on
    edited December 2010
    i haven't had to do a paper with an arbitrary length minimum in a long time

more like do you have abstract intro methodology discussion error analysis conclusions references

Squall on
  • SemirrageSemirrage Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    mmm Science!

Semirrage on
    edited December 2010
    Semirrage wrote: »
    Seems to me that folks in the play-by-post RPG thread probably can write. Probably like to write. Probably have the problem of writing papers that are too wordy.

my writing skills have always been sub-par at best, english was always my worst subject in secondary

technical writing is the only area I do pretty well in

but I'd like to think I've picked up some good habits by playing PBPs here (or at least been able to identify the bad ones)

Squall on
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I dislike writing papers. That is all I have to say on the matter, really. I'd rather write little stories. But alas

Dux on
    edited December 2010
    OK just to ask, are there any spaces in games available? Because I have not played a game in months and would rather like too, but if whoever is running is full up then I will of course stay out because running a game with too many people is a pain in the god damn ass.

Solar on
    edited December 2010
    I get super wordy when I have to write papers

hideous, labyrinthine sentences that devour whole paragraphs with their merciless rain of commas and parentheses

Speed Racer on
    edited December 2010
    there might be some spaces ope-

oh
    solar
    there probably aren't any spaces open

we'll PM you

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    OK just to ask, are there any spaces in games available? Because I have not played a game in months and would rather like too, but if whoever is running is full up then I will of course stay out because running a game with too many people is a pain in the god damn ass.

I think Royal Blue is taking people.

Dux on
    edited December 2010
    are we essentially done worldcrafting Derelict at this point

T4CT on
    edited December 2010
    I get super wordy when I have to write papers

hideous, labyrinthine sentences that devour whole paragraphs with their merciless rain of commas and parentheses

literal comment on my latest paper:

"You have used more semicolons in this one assignment than most do in their entire careers"

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited December 2010
    i can use semicolons properly now!

i think?

Squall on
    edited December 2010
    I fucking LOVE semicolons

T4CT on
    edited December 2010
    are we essentially done worldcrafting Derelict at this point

absolutely not.

I intend the worldbuilding to continue through the entire game

though obviously it will diminish the further we get, just because the only rule is, don't contradict anything already established

and the more worldbuilding that gets done, the more there is to contradict

even so though, stuff like minor details, elaborations of random towns, etc., will be things that I'll invite people to lend a hand in.

I have a few preplanned story ideas but they're loose and malleable enough that I can adjust them to suit what people come up with

in fact I already have!

Speed Racer on
    edited December 2010
    FUCK CHEYAH
    have i told you
    lately
    that i love you

T4CT on
    edited December 2010