As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That lego head's expression is all "yeah I have a cup on my head, that's how I roll."

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    They're on sale on the lego website now, half price!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Have to go pick up the package from the USPS center tomorrow.... Then when I get back, I'm going to pack it up and send it off to you Santee!

urahonky on
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh santee... It's says my gift was delivered two days ago. Why the suspense?

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If I am anyone's santee and they are waiting for me to post then

The [strike]cake[/strike] delivery notification is a lie!

I am excited though.

Also I need to do my work secret santa shopping and have no clue what to get.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Adda wrote: »
    Also I need to do my work secret santa shopping and have no clue what to get.

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/nothing/index.html

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Louie wrote: »

Thanks Louie! Again!

You are most welcome! again!

15 minutes is not sufficient time spent on your homework by the way!

Just like when I was in school, I always wait until the last minute to finish my homework. :lol:

Man... you'd think that Louie was a teacher.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santa: If you send my package and I don't say anything about it on the day or day after it's delivered, don't fret! Since I have a Post Office box, it might take a bit after delivery for me to become aware of it.

The very first thing I'll do after it comes it make a post about it here.

Edit: the Electronic Santa song reminds me how sad I am that JC Penny never released a full version of their mashup of Its A Wonderful Night by Fatboy Slim and Here Comes Santa Claus.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    cmsamocmsamo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Angel177 wrote: »
    Well I'm Jailed but I got a PACKAGE, cmsamo sent a lovley and large package.

and inside were

WONDERS just in case the forums go down again

I've added comments to the set and the foods have all been eaten and shared around the Bio Ware offices.

Glad you enjoyed :) Sorry about the Salad Cream, it was a 50:50 shot, some people like it, some dont ;)

cmsamo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sirchrissypoosirchrissypoo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Very awesome gift get!

Package received and dissected. It appears to be from the Amazon.
    5235113113_1f452ce24a_z.jpg

It would seem that the insides have been gift wrapped. Very clever.

What's this? A card?
    5235706762_861d45d3fb_z.jpg

The card reads:
    Knowledge = Power = Energy = Matter = Mass. A library is just a genteel black hole that can read.
    Very cool card. Wonder what it means? Will be hanging on to this for future reference.
    5235114065_71eea9eb41_z.jpg

An Amazon Kindle gift card? Very thoughtful, but I don't own a Kindle....
    5235114581_7699f6d74b_z.jpg

Gift wrap has been loosened. Now, for the extraction.
    5235708128_2c15d3c57f_z.jpg

My god. It's full of books!
    5235708664_e2a7f8a191_z.jpg

A KINDLE? So amazing! You, dear Santa, rock out loud!
    5235709198_b6c1bb679d_z.jpg

The final tally is 1 Kindle and 1 Gift card.
    Seriously, Santa I don't know the name of yet, you are amazing!
    5235710546_8c5d34df72_z.jpg

Man. This is my first year doing Secret Santa here, and it was an amazing first year. Santa, I want to know your name so that I may thank you!

sirchrissypoo on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nice!

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That is damn cool. We got some generosity up ins.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    :^:

exis on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Got to play with a kindle a couple of weeks ago when I bought one on my brother's behalf for his wife.

It's such an amazing gadget, 5 mintues with it convinced me I needed one.

Continuing to be the best SS ever!

mere_immortal on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Awesome gift!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow a kindle is a fucking awesome present, do want!

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    jclast wrote: »
    Bromance was canceled for tonight due to illness on my friend's part. Luckily, my kids took his place so I still got to hang out with awesome people.

Previously, on Judge-Z is awesome...
    ap.png

And now the conclusion...

So a few days ago I came home from work and saw a package. It didn't look like anything I had ordered so I took it upstairs and had my bomb-sniffing dog check it out.

P1010434.jpg

Timon has decided that the package is okay, but that weirdo with the camera has got to go. So I put the camera down and tear in to the box. On top is a card. I knew I was in for a treat when the outside of it read "Happy Fucking Whatever." Finally, somebody gets me!
    Dear jclast,
    Happy Santafication! Sorry for the inadvertent premature revalation of my identity, but I was so overfilled with Steam-y holiday cheer, I could not help myself. I hope you enjoy the content of my package (poster's note: there really should have been a winky here), as much as I enjoyed filling up the box! Please open rooster 1st, Enterprise last - other than that, go nuts!
    Have fun w/ your broodlings' first holiday season - enjoy dressing them up in ridiculous holiday-themed outfits, before they get big + clever enough to swarm you.
    Regards,
    Judge Z

After reading the card I splay all the wrapped gifts out on the bed and call in a second dog. I'm not sure I trust that shaky Chihuahua anyhow. Huxley has reservations about the pyramid package, but we decide to soldier on. We're too intrigued by these gifts with pictures on them not to.

P1010435.jpg

Package 1: The Rooster
    "OPEN FIRST! Especially if you'd like some hot, salty, wet COCK!"
    True to the description my first present is cock-flavored soup mix. A quick scan of the ingredients shows me that cock soup is vegetarian so it can be fun for the whole family!

Package 2: The Gay Biker Dude
    "WARNING: According to the Penny Arcade Department of G&T Secret Santa Memetics, the enclosed contents are 100% gay."
    Books! And they couldn't have come at a better time. I'm just finishing up my grad class for the term and will enjoy immensely reading something that isn't about teamwork, change champions, time management, or any other fluffy bullshit. I want space ships! And explosions! And wizards! Thankfully, the good judge knows this and has given me "Old Man's War," "Pandora's Star," and "Storm Front" (the first Dresden novel). Awesome!

Packages 3 & 4: LEGO
    LEGO are awesome. Star Wars is awesome. Nifty little Star Wars LEGO kits are awesome. I have already assembled both the X-Wing and the Speeder. Both will be guarding my desk at work starting next week. Won't nobody mess with me neither - I can defend from the skies _and_ the forest.

Package 5: The Pyramid
    "Contents: 1. The sum total of all human knowledge. 2. Multiple paths to world domination. 3. Fnord"
    HOLY CRAP YOU GOT ME CIVILIZATION 5! HOLY CRAP YOU GOT ME CIVILIZATION 5! I can't wait to abandon my family for days while I struggle to take over the world and curse Ghandi's horrible tactics. Fucker never just goes on a hunger strike anymore - he's always gotta be droppin' bombs on my ass. I've only got spearmen you big jerk, gosh!

Package 6: The 7 Deadly Sins
    "New! Improved! And now in one, small, convenient package!"
    I have no idea how you knew I wanted Sins of a Solar Empire, but you did, and you're awesome for giving it to me. After I'm done failing to take over Earth I will pop this in and fail to take over the galaxy. I can't wait!

Package 7: The Buffalo
    "Here are a few goodies from my hometown. The sponge candy (also known as chocolate honeycomb) is a local specialty (poster's note: it is delicious - sadly, the bag is now empty - not sadly, my wife liked it too), and the suckers (lollipops?) are from an old school confectionary that has been around forever.

As for the wing sauce, it is from the bar that invented the chicken wing. If you do not have a deep fryer, broiled or baked wings will do (just don't tell any other Buffalonians I said this was okay). A helpful tip: toss the cooked wings in a metal bowl with the sauce - it will stain a plastic bowl.

The blue cheese dressing is the best I could send - if you can get the real, refrigerated blue cheese (creamy, not crumble), even better. Dip the wings as you eat if it is to your taste, or just eat them and take the heat of the sauce. A side of carrot or celery sticks is also apropos.

Now, I am not one to tell you how to enjoy your gifts, they are yours after all, but if I find out that you dipped your wings in goddamn ranch dressing, like some cretins are wont to do, I will fly to Colorado Springs myself and stab you in the eye with goddamn Rocky Mountain Oysters, or whatever else passes as a local delicacy in that mountainous home of yours."

1.) The sponge candy, as mentioned above, is no more. It was delicious and great, and if I ever make it to Buffalo I'm totally buying more.
    2.) The suckers are great. I'm eating (sucking?) one right now. It's like a Dreamsicle, and I love it.
    3.) This note made me laugh out loud and when I make hot wings I promise not to dip them in ranch. Because ranch is gross.
    4.) I'm not sure how you could stab me with bull testicles, but I'm not eager to find out. How would you even sharpen them?

Package 8: The USS Enterprise, NCC-1701 no bloody A, B, C, or D!
    "'INSTANT' BRIDGE CREW DIRECTIONS
    - 1 load of sperm
    - ovum for overexcited ovaries*
    - Combine and incubate above for variable time in biological incubation unit (standard equipment on Earth females), then remove. Units may self remove or be removed with assistance of medical hologram.
    - Allow resulting biological units to grow for 6-9 months, then add to contents of this package.
    - Add to starship class of your preference (Constitution class pictured above, not included).
    * Note: Four would be a good number"

Oh my God they are adorable Star Trek onesies! I will have the nerdiest chidren ever once they're big enough to wear them!

The complete haul, with bomb-sniffing Timon!

P1010440.jpg

And now for bonus pics of babies "wearing" their new uniforms.

I have decided that Fiona will be our science officer:

P1010437.jpg

Being the calmest of the bunch, Nathan naturally settles in to the rank of Captain.

P1010436.jpg

Eric likes to bang on stuff so engineering seems like a good fit.

P1010438.jpg

And Lana is already sleeping through classes at the Academy!

P1010439.jpg

I couldn't be happier with my gifts, Judge-Z! Not only did you spoil me rightly, but you got a present for each of my kids as well. :) You are a gentleman, a scholar, and one hellofa Secret Santa - thank you so much!

Glad you liked the presents, and that your wife was able to enjoy part of it as well! Sponge candy is some weird shit. First bite is all, "what the hell is this?" and then your mouth is all, "wait, gimme more!"

I'm always happy to induct more people into the cult of Scalzi, so I hope you enjoy Old Man's War in particular. It's pretty much a standard gift for any of my Santees that indicate they like to read.

As for the name of the "gay biker dude" in the one picture, his name is Razor Ramon/ Hard Gay. He's one of those uniquely Japanese television creations. I give G&T Secret Santa the following video to display his awesomeness. Try getting away with this in America!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YobOpholQXs&feature=related

Hope you and your family have a great holiday! Don't forget that Civ 5 IS turned base, so theoretically you can walk away after just a turn or two to, you know, feed babies and stuff.

Theoretically.

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    holy shit a Kindle?! that is fucking awesome.

In other breaking news Canada Post has started delivering gifts on SUNDAY, god damn I just got gifted! I'm just gonna say this right off the bat, HANDKOR is both a gentleman and a scholar.

The giftaging:
    A package arrives from Quebec of all places:
    1.jpg
    It's addressed to one Hardtarget so I'm fairly certain it might be secret santa related.....

A note!:
    2.jpg
    Well that is awesome. Guess what I'm about to install on my xbox!

Wait a second.. this note feels heavy:
    3.jpg
    oh shit, Candy stowaways!
    4.jpg
    A christmas time Icey Squares, my wife loves these and they will be much appreciated.

More Notes inside Box!:
    5.jpg
    These contains pages! of French Hockey Terms. This is perfect since my favourite team is the Montreal Canadians but I don't live anywhere close to Quebec. Now I can cheer in front of my friends and confuse them at the sametime!
    Hey wait a second......:
    6.jpg
    OH GOD DAMN, and wear amazing hats while I do it

A box is in there too.. what is going on here:
    7.jpg
    oh man! pajama! jack and his dog from a great holiday movie that covers both Christmas and Halloween. What could be better!

I'll tell you what, BLU RAYS:
    8.jpg
    One of my fav TV shows is now finally mine in all its high def glory. I'm forced to buy Season 2 in the blu rays now. Damn you Handkor for your generosity

hey wait a second what else is in here...:
    9.jpg
    Well damn, I guess my friend will be able to figure out what I'm saying about their shitty hocky teams after all :(

All in all, a mighty fine Secret Santa. Thank you so much!:
    10.jpg

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Judge-Z wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    Bromance was canceled for tonight due to illness on my friend's part. Luckily, my kids took his place so I still got to hang out with awesome people.

Previously, on Judge-Z is awesome...
    ap.png

And now the conclusion...

So a few days ago I came home from work and saw a package. It didn't look like anything I had ordered so I took it upstairs and had my bomb-sniffing dog check it out.

P1010434.jpg

Timon has decided that the package is okay, but that weirdo with the camera has got to go. So I put the camera down and tear in to the box. On top is a card. I knew I was in for a treat when the outside of it read "Happy Fucking Whatever." Finally, somebody gets me!
    Dear jclast,
    Happy Santafication! Sorry for the inadvertent premature revalation of my identity, but I was so overfilled with Steam-y holiday cheer, I could not help myself. I hope you enjoy the content of my package (poster's note: there really should have been a winky here), as much as I enjoyed filling up the box! Please open rooster 1st, Enterprise last - other than that, go nuts!
    Have fun w/ your broodlings' first holiday season - enjoy dressing them up in ridiculous holiday-themed outfits, before they get big + clever enough to swarm you.
    Regards,
    Judge Z

After reading the card I splay all the wrapped gifts out on the bed and call in a second dog. I'm not sure I trust that shaky Chihuahua anyhow. Huxley has reservations about the pyramid package, but we decide to soldier on. We're too intrigued by these gifts with pictures on them not to.

P1010435.jpg

Package 1: The Rooster
    "OPEN FIRST! Especially if you'd like some hot, salty, wet COCK!"
    True to the description my first present is cock-flavored soup mix. A quick scan of the ingredients shows me that cock soup is vegetarian so it can be fun for the whole family!

Package 2: The Gay Biker Dude
    "WARNING: According to the Penny Arcade Department of G&T Secret Santa Memetics, the enclosed contents are 100% gay."
    Books! And they couldn't have come at a better time. I'm just finishing up my grad class for the term and will enjoy immensely reading something that isn't about teamwork, change champions, time management, or any other fluffy bullshit. I want space ships! And explosions! And wizards! Thankfully, the good judge knows this and has given me "Old Man's War," "Pandora's Star," and "Storm Front" (the first Dresden novel). Awesome!

Packages 3 & 4: LEGO
    LEGO are awesome. Star Wars is awesome. Nifty little Star Wars LEGO kits are awesome. I have already assembled both the X-Wing and the Speeder. Both will be guarding my desk at work starting next week. Won't nobody mess with me neither - I can defend from the skies _and_ the forest.

Package 5: The Pyramid
    "Contents: 1. The sum total of all human knowledge. 2. Multiple paths to world domination. 3. Fnord"
    HOLY CRAP YOU GOT ME CIVILIZATION 5! HOLY CRAP YOU GOT ME CIVILIZATION 5! I can't wait to abandon my family for days while I struggle to take over the world and curse Ghandi's horrible tactics. Fucker never just goes on a hunger strike anymore - he's always gotta be droppin' bombs on my ass. I've only got spearmen you big jerk, gosh!

Package 6: The 7 Deadly Sins
    "New! Improved! And now in one, small, convenient package!"
    I have no idea how you knew I wanted Sins of a Solar Empire, but you did, and you're awesome for giving it to me. After I'm done failing to take over Earth I will pop this in and fail to take over the galaxy. I can't wait!

Package 7: The Buffalo
    "Here are a few goodies from my hometown. The sponge candy (also known as chocolate honeycomb) is a local specialty (poster's note: it is delicious - sadly, the bag is now empty - not sadly, my wife liked it too), and the suckers (lollipops?) are from an old school confectionary that has been around forever.

As for the wing sauce, it is from the bar that invented the chicken wing. If you do not have a deep fryer, broiled or baked wings will do (just don't tell any other Buffalonians I said this was okay). A helpful tip: toss the cooked wings in a metal bowl with the sauce - it will stain a plastic bowl.

The blue cheese dressing is the best I could send - if you can get the real, refrigerated blue cheese (creamy, not crumble), even better. Dip the wings as you eat if it is to your taste, or just eat them and take the heat of the sauce. A side of carrot or celery sticks is also apropos.

Now, I am not one to tell you how to enjoy your gifts, they are yours after all, but if I find out that you dipped your wings in goddamn ranch dressing, like some cretins are wont to do, I will fly to Colorado Springs myself and stab you in the eye with goddamn Rocky Mountain Oysters, or whatever else passes as a local delicacy in that mountainous home of yours."

1.) The sponge candy, as mentioned above, is no more. It was delicious and great, and if I ever make it to Buffalo I'm totally buying more.
    2.) The suckers are great. I'm eating (sucking?) one right now. It's like a Dreamsicle, and I love it.
    3.) This note made me laugh out loud and when I make hot wings I promise not to dip them in ranch. Because ranch is gross.
    4.) I'm not sure how you could stab me with bull testicles, but I'm not eager to find out. How would you even sharpen them?

Package 8: The USS Enterprise, NCC-1701 no bloody A, B, C, or D!
    "'INSTANT' BRIDGE CREW DIRECTIONS
    - 1 load of sperm
    - ovum for overexcited ovaries*
    - Combine and incubate above for variable time in biological incubation unit (standard equipment on Earth females), then remove. Units may self remove or be removed with assistance of medical hologram.
    - Allow resulting biological units to grow for 6-9 months, then add to contents of this package.
    - Add to starship class of your preference (Constitution class pictured above, not included).
    * Note: Four would be a good number"

Oh my God they are adorable Star Trek onesies! I will have the nerdiest chidren ever once they're big enough to wear them!

The complete haul, with bomb-sniffing Timon!

P1010440.jpg

And now for bonus pics of babies "wearing" their new uniforms.

I have decided that Fiona will be our science officer:

P1010437.jpg

Being the calmest of the bunch, Nathan naturally settles in to the rank of Captain.

P1010436.jpg

Eric likes to bang on stuff so engineering seems like a good fit.

P1010438.jpg

And Lana is already sleeping through classes at the Academy!

P1010439.jpg

I couldn't be happier with my gifts, Judge-Z! Not only did you spoil me rightly, but you got a present for each of my kids as well. :) You are a gentleman, a scholar, and one hellofa Secret Santa - thank you so much!

Glad you liked the presents, and that your wife was able to enjoy part of it as well! Sponge candy is some weird shit. First bite is all, "what the hell is this?" and then your mouth is all, "wait, gimme more!"

I'm always happy to induct more people into the cult of Scalzi, so I hope you enjoy Old Man's War in particular. It's pretty much a standard gift for any of my Santees that indicate they like to read.

As for the name of the "gay biker dude" in the one picture, his name is Razor Ramon/ Hard Gay. He's one of those uniquely Japanese television creations. I give G&T Secret Santa the following video to display his awesomeness. Try getting away with this in America!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YobOpholQXs&feature=related

Hope you and your family have a great holiday! Don't forget that Civ 5 IS turned base, so theoretically you can walk away after just a turn or two to, you know, feed babies and stuff.

Theoretically.

Hard Gay is so, so awesome. You should watch all of his videos on YouTube... You'll laugh your ass off!

urahonky on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A Kindle is an awesome gift! Congrats! Also, did you have like a 5 second exposure time on your camera? I'm seeing double!

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    A Kindle is an awesome gift! Congrats! Also, did you have like a 5 second exposure time on your camera? I'm seeing double!

Yeah it's a really old/crappy digital camera that is on its last leg of life. I never really need a digi camera, and its the only one in the house, so I had to make do.

sirchrissypoo on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ah, I see. Who cares about cameras now that you have a Kindle though? Hurray!

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My stuff is wrapped and boxed. Just need to finish the last thing tomorrow night. Gift will go out Tuesday morning and maybe arrive by Friday but probably early next week.

shadowane on
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Dear Santee:

FedEx told me that it would be $180 to ship a package the size I had planned on to you :( . I'm sorry, but it looks like I'm going to have to lame it up by gifting you things through Steam. Good news is that I get to pass those savings to you!

EDIT: Hah, missed a digit. Fuck FedEx International shipping rates.

*gasp* you could use that money to just send them a Ps3!!

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A kindle! Great gift. I bought one "for my wife" for christmas. She does read -way- more than me... but I go on trips far more often than she does. Time will tell who actually uses it more.

Oh Santee... what's that noise? Is that the sound of wrapping paper being carefully form fit to boxes? No, it's not, because that's not what is happening! Muahahaha. ¥100 stores have provided me with all the little boxes I will need. And they're themed! The other half of your gift will be winging it's way shortly! Merry whatever!

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I looooooooooove my Kindle. I use it non-stop. I'm sure you'll love it!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santee:

FedEx told me that it would be $180 to ship a package the size I had planned on to you :( . I'm sorry, but it looks like I'm going to have to lame it up by gifting you things through Steam. Good news is that I get to pass those savings to you!

I can relate, my initial total for shipping was around 80.00, I had to tone it down a bit.

But on that note, gifts sent!

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I got my dad a kindle for XMas this year. Excited to give it to him, he's been an avid reader since he retired.

I have a nook, and i wish i had purchased a kindle instead. The book selection is far superior on the kindle.

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    dantree wrote: »
    Dear Santee:

I can relate, my initial total for shipping was around 80.00, I had to tone it down a bit.

But on that note, gifts sent!

I was really glad anoffday is on the same continent. Shipping was like $40.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I think my santa's gift got delivered. I had it delivered to my parents place and they had their mail stopped because they were out of town. Only the mail wasn't stopped, and everything sat out. and yesterday was the first snow. My father found it this morning and the box was basically shreded from the melted snow, but he said he opened the box to check the contents and it was all inside a plastic bag so it wasnt damaged.

Thanks Santa for thinking ahead!!!!! I retrieve the package tomorrow night!

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That Hard Gay thing was amazing.

EDIT: In other news.. One of my presents for my Santee got.. Misplaced.. Needless to say I am NOT impressed with the company that misplaced it at all.. Like.. Super pissed.. So my present may not make it in time for X-Mas :(

remlap13 on
  • Options
    DuoRCNDuoRCN Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Very awesome gift get!

Man.

This is my first year doing Secret Santa here, and it was an amazing first year. Santa, I want to know your name so that I may thank you!

Hey, glad you like it! After receiving a Kindle myself last year, I knew it would be a great gift for anyone who enjoyed reading. The note is actually a quote from Mort, a Discworld novel. Just tossed it in on the off chance you might recognize it, being a fan of Terry Pratchett and all.

DuoRCN on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DuoRCN wrote: »
    Very awesome gift get!

Man.

This is my first year doing Secret Santa here, and it was an amazing first year. Santa, I want to know your name so that I may thank you!

Hey, glad you like it! After receiving a Kindle myself last year, I knew it would be a great gift for anyone who enjoyed reading. The note is actually a quote from Mort, a Discworld novel. Just tossed it in on the off chance you might recognize it, being a fan of Terry Pratchett and all.

I knew it sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it. I, too, am a Pratchett fan.

(side note: Have you seen the live versions they did in brittainland? There's a couple on Netflix, I believe... The Colour of magic and Hogfather) They nailed Susan and Death... and the Death of Rats.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dyvion wrote: »
    Very awesome gift get!

Man.

I knew it sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it. I, too, am a Pratchett fan.

(side note: Have you seen the live versions they did in brittainland? There's a couple on Netflix, I believe... The Colour of magic and Hogfather) They nailed Susan and Death... and the Death of Rats.

The Going Postal adaptation is the best, which was (I believe) broadcast last Christmas. They really nailed the feeling of Ankh-Morpork, even if the golems were a bit shit. The others were pretty poor IMO, with a bizarre fascination with casting David Jason constantly and a tendency to make everything slapstick instead of the old motif of 'normal people trying to cope in a magical world'.

EDIT: I don't want this to turn into a 'who would you want to play whom' thread, but Mackenzie Crook as Rincewind.

Willeth on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    remlap13 wrote: »
    That Hard Gay thing was amazing.

EDIT: In other news.. One of my presents for my Santee got.. Misplaced.. Needless to say I am NOT impressed with the company that misplaced it at all.. Like.. Super pissed.. So my present may not make it in time for X-Mas :(

Hard Gay is awesome, if a little esoteric. Don't show your friends, they'll just look at you weird.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Very awesome gift get!

Man.

You, my friend, are a god among men. I thought that quote sounded like something Pratchett would write. Alas, I have yet to read Mort. There are a few Discworld books I haven't read, actually.

Seriously, this is a great Christmas indeed. You rock.

sirchrissypoo on
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Boxed up, International postage paid, customs forms printed, just gotta run it to the post office in the morning.

I'd like to suggest that next year we have an option for people to opt-out of international Santees. Shipping ate up more than half my budget.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Boxed up, International postage paid, customs forms printed, just gotta run it to the post office in the morning.

I'd like to suggest that next year we have an option for people to opt-out of international Santees. Shipping ate up more than half my budget.

I thought this was an option last year (or maybe 08) but apparently not. I think basically the opt-out option is 'if you can't do international shipping, you can't do secret santa,' which strikes me as against the festive spirit.

Willeth on
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There are always options for digital stuff, or you can purchase from online stores in your santee's country. You don't have to send a hand-packed gift.

exis on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Damn, I know Amazon was selling Kindles for cheap on Black Friday but that's still a rad gift.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
This discussion has been closed.