As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Comic Thread for Monday, December 6, 2010

ASimPersonASimPerson Cold...and hard.Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Social Entropy++
1116121198_3i8Sm-L.jpg

ASimPerson on

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dad comic.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GETTIN MAJOR CALVIN AND HOBBES VIBES OVER HERE

THIS IS A GOOD THING

VALVEjunkie on
  • NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Darts.

The ultra lame version of archery/knife throwing.

It surely does not require simulation.

Newtron on
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GETTIN MAJOR CALVIN AND HOBBES VIBES OVER HERE

THIS IS A GOOD THING

Yeah that landscape and the sledding really evoke a Watterson vibe. It's nice.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Franko wrote: »

oh god

so british

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Probably a better idea to give your kid a simulated dart game than actual darts

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • ieyeasuieyeasu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    BusterK wrote: »

what kid in our universe is going to want a dart video game?

Fake edit: I suppose that's kind of stupid, given the popularity of wii-bowling.

ieyeasu on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

very true

Raneados on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rane stop being on my ignore list

and everyone's ignore list

go prostrate yourself before tube or something, this shit is getting ridiculous

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Agreed.

On the other hand, I could go for a darts simulator. Safer than using an actual dart board, mainly due to you can't miss and break a window with a simulator.
    Didn't happen to me, but I was there, watching, while it happened. Also, darts in the dark is hilariously, dangerously funny.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Unlucky wrote: »

Agreed.

On the other hand, I could go for a darts simulator. Safer than using an actual dart board, mainly due to you can't miss and break a window with a simulator.
    Didn't happen to me, but I was there, watching, while it happened. Also, darts in the dark is hilariously, dangerously funny.

Who sets up a dartboard with a window behind it?

Seg on
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Seg wrote: »

Agreed.

not to mention setting it up must be a real pane

Franko on
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The best dartboard setup I've ever played on was at a house we used to get riotously drunk at.
    The dartboard was right beside the backdoor which opened on the same side as the dartboard.
    High traffic firing line with drunkards is always fun.

stimtokolos on
    edited December 2010
    Seg wrote: »

Agreed.

not to mention setting it up must be a real pane

the pun

it hurts us

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The computer repair place my dad was the manager of had a dartboard in the workshop.

Every day at 17:00 they broke out the beers and had a game.

One day my mother took me with her to go and ask him something. One of the techies was sitting just below and to the side of the board drinking his beer, eventually curiosity got the best of me and I asked him, "So why do you have all that blood on your pants?"

It was only then they realized they were all so drunk none of them noticed they were hitting him in the leg every now and then.

Falx on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

oh god

so british

Phil "the power" Taylor is a fucking boss i tell you.

Karl on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ONE hunDRED AND EEEIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

KalTorak on
    edited December 2010
    I had a math teacher in high school who loved quoting the "180" dart announcer guy

needless to say learning SohCahToa was a pain

Franko on
  • Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If you have a real dartboard in your house, you will end up with a lot of little dart holes in the wall. That's 100% guaranteed.

Pi-r8 on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Put it over a corkboard backing or something.

KalTorak on
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    All of the problems mentioned here are easily solvable. No simulation is necessary.

Ivar on
  • SoultakerSoultaker Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I love it when they are doing observational humor which doesn't require any illustration per se, and Gabe just ends up drawing whatever's on his mind. :)

Soultaker on
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I seriously can't even imagine a dart simulation being that great. Where do you "throw" your controller? At your TV? Because if you hold it like a dart, the aim is going to be way way off. You're better off holding it like a controller, and then thrusting it toward your TV as quickly as possible.

Which is pretty fucking stupid sounding.

And sexy.

Thawmus on
    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • SoultakerSoultaker Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thawmus: and so we're back at last week's comic:
    1108856019_wZAD4-L.jpg

Soultaker on
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In college my roommates and I were pretty horrible tennants. At one of our places we made a game out of Darts that was like HORSE. The basic premise being that you threw the dart at some surface int he house and then the next person had to repeat. This was actually a step down from our previous apartment where we had a door that we threw knives at. We replaced the door before we moved out so we weren't total assholes.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was agreeing, but then I remembered I don't like to play darts in real life, but I did enjoy playing them in Shenmue.

Roger Wilco on
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If you play this game and you don't have t'pint a'warm bitter int one hand and'a cigarette int t'other there's noh fockin' point, I tell thee.

I seemed to have gotten more northern the longer that sentence went on.

Bad-Beat on
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In high school, there was a big piece of Styrofoam in the photo room. Someone decided to draw a dart board on it, and we would throw scissors at it when we weren't supervised. They stuck in it pretty good.

Peccavi on
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    If you play this game and you don't have t'pint a'warm bitter int one hand and'a cigarette int t'other there's noh fockin' point, I tell thee.

Yeah, Darts is a bit of a silly sport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clv0S--z4p0

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

How do you throw the dart?

Ivar on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ivar wrote: »

What dart?

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ivar wrote: »

If you have to ask, you'll never be a darts champion.

Bad-Beat on
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Karl wrote: »

oh god

so british

Phil "the power" Taylor is a fucking boss i tell you.
    It looked like they were about to kiss after he got the bullseye.

Also, fake darts is less damaging to your home and it sucks waiting for a dart board at an establishment.

Xehalus on
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Soultaker wrote: »
    Thawmus: and so we're back at last week's comic:
    1108856019_wZAD4-L.jpg

:^::^::^::^::^:

Thawmus on
    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ieyeasu wrote: »

what kid in our universe is going to want a dart video game?

Fake edit: I suppose that's kind of stupid, given the popularity of wii-bowling.

well, wii/kinect/move/whatever-bowling is convenient. The nearest bowling alley is 40 minutes away. Bowling is a thing that requires planning and coordination just to schedule. Wii-bowling on the other hand, you just do.

Darts on the other hand, I mean that is easy, takes very little space. You don't need a dedicated facility to play darts-- just a board, a wall to put it on, and some darts.

DouglasDanger on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »

This.

I set up a dart board in my house and I got some corkboard for behind it. Only my youngest sister-in-law was terrible enough to miss the entire thing on occasion. It was fun for a quick, "I'm bored, what to do, throw some darts!" moment.

That reminds me, I need to pick up some new darts. Old ones are falling apart.

edit: Also, in comparison to bowling, some jerk arsonists burned down our 1 month from being 50 year old bowling facility which was the only one that was close. :( They had just done a major overhaul of the place too and aren't rebuilding because they were underinsured as they hadn't redone the insurance on the place yet.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Calvin and Hobbes comic. Major props for invoking my favorite comic of all time.

Lucascraft on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'd like a print of the first panel sans text.

Langly on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »

Sounds like a good idea, but unless you're planning on corking your entire wall, you'll eventually get some idiot who doesn't know how to throw a dart putting a hole in your wall.

Pretty sure it's a law or something.

see317 on
This discussion has been closed.