As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, I decided to go to my parent's house for Christmas, which means I will be gone from the 21st to the 28th (or something like that). If you think your gift will arrive between these dates, find a way to let me know and I will try to make arrangements with someone to pick it up. If you haven't sent it yet, I don't mind waiting until after Christmas if you can't guarantee it'll arrive before the 21st.

Asiina on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Already on thread two?!

I have so much Christmas cheer to catch up on! Damned end of semester craziness!

On a brighter note, Santee, your gift is now en route. Here is a hint: This year, I am giving the gift of SCIENCE! Hope you like it :)

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Christmas giving time!

I just got an extra giftable copy of Telltale's Puzzle Agent (oddball Layton knock off, I enjoyed it) for PC for pre-ordering the Back to the Future game.

Who wants? I'll take the next six posts expressing an interest and roll a dice or something.

Yeah count me in if there's still a spot open. I like-a da puzzle games.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just dropped my santee's box off at the post office. Should hit the UK this time next week.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santee, I'm picking up your final present from THE MALL and then I'm shipping direct to you.

I'm excited.

belligerent on
  • Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That's the normal time for a package to go from US to UK? I mailed my santee his gift last Wednesday, when should it arrive?

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Okay UPS is inconsistent with tracking. With one package, I was able to see it progress everyday, and with another package I get a 5-day hiatus in updates.

At least I take back what I said last post. I have almost everything for my Santee.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It takes between 5 and 10 working days from the UK to the US, but slightly less the other way round - something to do with your distribution and collection skills, apparently.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It takes between 5 and 10 working days from the UK to the US, but slightly less the other way round - something to do with your distribution and collection skills, apparently.

That's one way to put it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just sent my gift out. Was 50 cents short needed for shipping, went all the way home, went back and realized I had change in my car.

whoops.gif

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    USPS does good to get my Netflix rentals to and from my house.

Surprisingly, junk mail seems to never go missing.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santee,

I apologize, but my exams have prevented me from sending your package. This will be rectified tomorrow, and come hell or high water you will get it by Christmas, consequences be damned!

Szechuan on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    TeeMan wrote: »
    First present, AWAYYYYY

Also, GIFT GET!! WOOOOOO!! :D
    steamos.jpg

Thanks very much Santee! It's these sort of games (BIT.TRIP.BEAT. for some reason my browser didn't load the full image) that I love playing on my little netbook while at work to pass the time. Low resource requirements, high fun delivery :) Very excited to see what comes next

edit: Duhhh it's Bursar! Forgot to mention ya haha :lol:

Yay! Glad you enjoy it, and that my impenetrable smokescreen of secrecy utterly failed to preserve my identity. Heheh...

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And the dice give the game to cooljammer00! Jubilations and a PM heading your way.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Son of a.....

I ordered something from a website, and now reading reviews people say that it has taken up to a month for them t get their stuff.

Since it's actually the final piece I was waiting for, I might have to send out what I have right now and then send out a second box later. It's going a fair distance, so I definately want to make sure it gets there before Christmas.

Also, Santa! The ante has been raised in this thread. I will accept nothing less than a puppy.

What will you name it?
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Note completed, gifts packaged and sealed, addresses applied.

Santee, you have no idea how close to gifting you are. You could say we are close right now.

Can you feel me near you, Santee? Can you?

Breathing heavy?

Being creepy?
    Feel meeeeeeeeee.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am grinning like an idiot right now at this!

Gift Get!
    Psyche~
    Actually I can't get packages at my apartment, meaning I won't actually get your gift until Saturday :(
    Still, I couldn't help asking for the name on the return address, which your twitter reveals to be you! I am told it is a heavy package. I am excited.

Thanks, UEAKCrash

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Son of a.....

I ordered something from a website, and now reading reviews people say that it has taken up to a month for them t get their stuff.

Since it's actually the final piece I was waiting for, I might have to send out what I have right now and then send out a second box later. It's going a fair distance, so I definately want to make sure it gets there before Christmas.

Also, Santa! The ante has been raised in this thread. I will accept nothing less than a puppy.

What will you name it?
    Note completed, gifts packaged and sealed, addresses applied.

Santee, you have no idea how close to gifting you are. You could say we are close right now.

Can you feel me near you, Santee? Can you?

Breathing heavy?

Being creepy?
    Feel meeeeeeeeee.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am grinning like an idiot right now at this!

Gift Get!
    Psyche~
    Actually I can't get packages at my apartment, meaning I won't actually get your gift until Saturday :(
    Still, I couldn't help asking for the name on the return address, which your twitter reveals to be you! I am told it is a heavy package. I am excited.

Thanks, UEAKCrash

I have the biggest shit eating grin on right now. I've been f5ing all day.

edit: Nice reverse stalking, too

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    My Santee has the hardest name (handle, and real) to Google! I just, doesn't work!

Ahahahahahaha
    I bet when you read it you thought "What a unique name! I will able able to google this easily, there definitely won't be a million pages about any actor who got his start on some soap opera"

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ex-fucking-actly!

I had to do some digging to rule out if that was you or not, haha.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Huzzah! The final part of my giftage outwards finally arrived today. If I pack it all up nice and post it out on my day off on Wednesday it might even make it for Christmas yet!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Haha, such a unique name he goes and registers that cocky domain name. It burns me SO BAD

Well, to save your f5 button from wear and tear, it will probably be around 1:00 pm cst that I will wind up posting about it! I will be literally shaking with anticipation all week!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh wow I didn't even realize what the address was, that is pretty bad.

Man, Saturday is so far away!

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    And I was just there yesterday!

Let us all anticipate together, here is a picture of the box for all to enjoy:
    photodec0660343pm.jpg

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy, girlfriend just said a package arrived for me at home. I wasn't waiting on anything, could it be Santa? Sure wish I didn't have six hours of class between now and when I get home.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy, girlfriend just said a package arrived for me at home. I wasn't waiting on anything, could it be Santa? Sure wish I didn't have six hours of class between now and when I get home.
    Tis the season to skip class.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    No no, 'tis the season of finals.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    anoffday wrote: »
    Tis the season to skip class.

For what you pay per class at the average university? :P

Frem on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    No no, 'tis the season of finals.
    I actually have 1 tomorrow morning, and it's snowing like crazy. Come on snow day!

Even though snow days are like impossible at the college level. Which doesn't make any sense considering how many people have to drive to get there.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just received what can only be my Secret Santa present. To say that it's obvious they stalked the ever-loving shit out of me would be an understatement. They managed to get me a gift that was incredibly thoughtful, AND frickin' awesome.

To whoever my santa was, THANK YOU.

I'll post some pics tomorrow :):):)

Sceptre on
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Okay, I'm a bit late with my posting (Sorry Santa!) because of all the forum pains, but...

SECRET SANTA GET!

My Gift came in parts three...

First up:
    A sweet FSM Car Emblem! R'Amen!
    5239401691_09cc33399c_b.jpg
    FSM by Kendrik, on Flickr

Next:
    A rockin' Razor Stand and Badger Hair Shaving Brush! Sweet!!!
    5239404167_65523ce4a5_b.jpg
    Brush and Stand by Kendrik, on Flickr

Finally:
    5239407103_f2201f3d66_b.jpg
    Flashlight by Kendrik, on Flickr

Thanks a million, Forar. You made me a happy Pastafarian this Solstice!

P.S. Santee, I've got your presents all picked out, I just need to get on the ordering.

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That is a fucking sick brush stand

/jealous

JAEF on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Seeing that brush and stand makes me want to get a hot shave and sing barber shop.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Awesome brush/Stand!

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Awesome brush/stand AND FSM emblem. Rock on that guy's Santa! So classy.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I've always wanted one of those shaving brushes. That's a great gift, congrats!

A private message from Proxy the Elf confirms that the package waiting at home is indeed from my Seeecret Saaanta. I can't wait to open it! Photo documentation pending.

Oh, and Santa: You are very eloquent.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh, I have a news update for my Santee (even though it wont matter to him in the least). I have gotten a hold of the manager of the place that screwed up your one gift. They've alleviated the situation, and I SHOULD be able to get your gift out on schedule, for it to arrive just in time for X-Mas. Yay!

remlap13 on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kendrik: Proraso shaving creams are unbelievably delightful if you don't already have something to use with that brush.

JAEF on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    FYI Santee: i will ship your thing soon

but you live in another country so it may take a while :[

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey, do people generally put there SS's name on the ship to?

Don't want USPS to screw it up because I'm shipping to some weirdo.

Edit: Not implying that my Santee is a weirdo! Sorry Santee!

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And several hours later, I am all caught up on the holiday cheer!

Holy Santee balls this thread is packed full of awesome! It's like each "Gift Get" is a present to us all :mrgreen:

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey, do people generally put there SS's name on the ship to?

Don't want USPS to screw it up because I'm shipping to some weirdo.

You should use your Santee's real name on the address label to avoid confusing the post office. I just note somewhere on the package that it's from PA/GnT Secret Santa in some way so my Santee will know pretty quickly why he or she got it, other people might do something different.

Norfair on
This discussion has been closed.