As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey, do people generally put there SS's name on the ship to?

Don't want USPS to screw it up because I'm shipping to some weirdo.

I think real name is a safe bet. It might end up in an apartment complex/office where forum handles would just confuse people.

exis on
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    exis wrote: »
    Hey, do people generally put there SS's name on the ship to?

Don't want USPS to screw it up because I'm shipping to some weirdo.

I think real name is a safe bet. It might end up in an apartment complex/office where forum handles would just confuse people.

There have been problems in the past when people have had to pick up from the post office as they ask for ID and don't understand the concept of fake internet names. Anyway, real name is the best bet.

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have always done Firstname "Nickname" Lastname on it, just to cover all bases.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gift Get #2! Yes!

So this is package #2 from Lewie P's Mummy. Let's see what we have shall we? :D
    We have an extra layer of security tonight! The family dog. I'm honestly surprised I was able to catch her in a picture like this.
    IMG_0695.jpg

And the usual 1st in command of Palmer household security, Mr. Whale.
    IMG_0696.jpg

So after a long hard tussle with the tape that had been more or less fused to the box by unknown means, I ripped the sucker open and found these!
    IMG_0697.jpg
    Yessssss. Chocolate. Some of which I've seen before (Toblerone, Dairy Milk, although, not that style, and some of the variety box), and some of which I haven't. The Peppermint Cream has already been sampled and it is DELICIOUS!

And a paper message!
    IMG_0698.jpg
    Wait.. This is box #3.. I wonder what happened to box #2.. Or, if Sack Boy was box #2, then what happened to box #1.. Hmm.. Well, I shall keep checking the mail religiously until it shows up!

Thank you again Ms P! So far your gifts are trying their hardest to break down my latest fitness/health kick I'm on. And it seems to be working, especially with final projects for school and such due. As an example, your cookies are already all gone. They were amazing. Unless it's a special family recipe, are you able to PM me what it is? I'd love to try and replicate those for myself!

remlap13 on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oooh, candy! I think I'll go get some and put them in my Santee's box before I ship it out. That way, any disappointment is masked by invariably delicious sugar treats.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santee,

Expect giftage soon! Once this ridiculous snowstorm passes, and I can actually leave my residence. 100cm over the last 48 hours pretty much. Craziness. If I can't get my gift to you until later I'll let you know! But you will be gifted!

Love,
    Your Santa

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santa,

If you could give me a snow day tomorrow, so I can stay home and make a snowman with my daughter (and sleep, and read), that would be awesome.

But let the snow clear up by evening, so I can still make board game night. You can do that, right?

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gift sented, today! Very happy with the stocking stuffers I was able to get into it. Should arrive in the us in one to two weeks :D

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Gift post incoming!

A wild box has appeared! Sent Bib Fortuna to investigate.
    IMG_0082.jpg

We spot something red inside.
    IMG_0083.jpg

I recognize this guy!
    IMG_0084.jpg

Bib Fortuna once again steps in to make sure Knuckles smells ok.
    IMG_0085.jpg

She seems to have taken a liking to him, 'cause she wasn't too fond of my taking Knuckles away.
    IMG_0086.jpg

Meet your new home in the video game corner, where you'll also find game posters, a toy R2D2, an Alan Wake standee, night vision goggles, and a framed Bioshock soundtrack on vinyl among other things.
    IMG_0087.jpg

Thanks Santa! Girlfriend in background.
    IMG_0088.jpg

Thank you Santa, I love it! I don't know if I had mentioned it on the forums at some point, but I had a (much smaller) Knuckles plushy when I was young that I was very fond of, but lost. Wonderful gift!

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nothing to see here:
    But Jolliness
    and awesome gifts
    and still more jolliness
    Ho HO HO!
    Participants!
    AaronKI
    AbsoluteZero
    acidlacedpenguin
    Adda
    Agentflit
    Ah_Pook
    Aioua
    Akira
    Alegis
    Alfred J. Kwak
    Anarchy
    Angel177
    anoffday
    apogee
    ArcSyn
    area
    Arikado
    Arminas
    Asiina
    battledrill
    belligerent
    Beltaine
    bigwah
    Blackbeard7
    BlueBlue
    Bursar
    Cameron_Talley
    CangoFett
    CCF23
    Chance
    Chen
    cj iwakura
    cloudeagle
    cmsamo
    Cornell002
    crucialityfactor
    Custom Special
    Daemonion
    dantree
    darkenedwing
    darunia106
    Dawasaurus
    Death Cab for Albie
    Dehumanized
    DekuStick
    deveric
    DHS Odium
    DiannaoChong
    Digeridoo
    Disco11
    Draysoth
    Dunxco
    DuoRCN
    Dyvion
    earthwormadam
    El Mucho
    elevature
    elkatas
    EvilBadman
    exis
    Feels Good Man
    Fig-D
    Figgy
    Forar
    ForceVoid
    FreeBryd!
    Frem
    galenblade
    Grim123
    Grove
    HallowedFaith
    handkor
    HardKase
    Hardtarget
    harvest
    Hearthjaw
    Henroid
    Hypatia
    Icemopper part 2
    iMatt
    Imperfect
    ImthebOHGODBEES
    JAEF
    Jakesully
    Jam Warrior
    JaysonFour
    jclast part 2
    jeddy lee
    JerikTelorian
    JHunz
    Joeslop
    John Zoidberg
    joshgotro
    Judge-Z
    k0dos
    Kendrik
    Ketar
    Kias
    Klyka
    kor
    KSK
    Kyougu
    laiceps1983
    LewieP
    LewieP's Mummy
    Lord Yod part 2
    Louie
    Lunysgwen
    mere_immortal
    Mighty
    Mister_Penguin
    mntorankusu
    Mooshoepork
    Mr Heist
    Mr_Grinch
    MrDelish
    Mullitt the Wise
    mxmarks
    Nackmatholn
    NickTheNewbie
    noir_blood
    Norfair
    parabola
    Peewi part 2
    PepperSinclaire
    proyebat
    Radiation
    redfield85 part 2
    remlap13 part 2
    Rent
    RisenPhoenix
    Robert Khoo
    Rook
    Rorus Raz
    Ross Mills
    S-Starwind
    Sceptre
    Schide
    see317
    shadowane
    Shady3011
    Shrieking Emu
    sirchrissypoo
    SirUltimos
    SniperGuy
    spookymuffin
    stavesacre
    stevemarks44
    Stormwatcher
    strebalicious
    Sweeney Tom
    Szechuan
    TeeMan
    The Count of Midget Fisto
    The Dude With Herpes
    The_Spaniard part 2
    TheOtherHorseman
    THEPAIN73
    TheScruple
    toolbert
    TSI|Awesome
    Two Headed Boy
    UEAKCrash
    Uldor
    UnbreakableVow
    urahonky
    vegeta_666
    VThornheart
    WIckedkarma
    WilDPanthA05
    Willeth
    wobblyheadedbob
    WraithXt1
    Xaviar
    Ziggymon

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mission Control informs me the package arrived today, Santa.

... Sadly I'm still not at home so you'll have to wait until next week for the photos to be de-classified.

But yay I look forward to the weekend now!

Dunxco on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This thread is awesome. 5 stars all around!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santee -

Gift #1 is all set. Will be shipping out tomorrow. Unfortunately I had to make it slightly LESS awesome, but it is still one of a kind.

Gift #2 should go out this Saturday.

The cheer will be overwhelming.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    JAEF wrote: »
    Kendrik: Proraso shaving creams are unbelievably delightful if you don't already have something to use with that brush.

I use Proraso Pre/Post-Shave and Colonel Conk's Shaving Soap, currently, but I will definitely try out the Proraso shaving Soap.

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You people and your fancy shaving implements. Splash some water on your face and Mach 3 that thing.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hot shower plus a fuzion razor = smooth and clean face for me, no fancy cream needed

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gift away. Should arrive by Monday. Do people generally proxy their santee with the tracking number or just keep it a surprise? I think I'm going to do the latter but I'm curious.

shadowane on
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Parcel has crossed the border successfully. I predict an end of week arrival for my Santee.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You people and your fancy shaving implements. Splash some water on your face and Mach 3 that thing.

When I'm lazy (and I have been for a while), I use a Mach razor. It hurts, scrapes, pulls, and leaves me with a nice sandpaper face.

When I'm not lazy (which is rare), I pull out the straight razor and get the best shave you can get. Stays clean for much longer, and just feels awesome.

Too bad I'm so lazy.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    All packed up and ready to ship! Woot woot, off to the post office to wince at the postal charges.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I am glad to be done with Secret Santa but I am still interested in seeing what other people got.

People gotta post photos.

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Icemopper wrote: »

When I'm lazy (and I have been for a while), I use a Mach razor. It hurts, scrapes, pulls, and leaves me with a nice sandpaper face.

When I'm not lazy (which is rare), I pull out the straight razor and get the best shave you can get. Stays clean for much longer, and just feels awesome.

Too bad I'm so lazy.

Yeah, I use a Fusion 'cause I'm too cheap to go online and buy an entire kit for a straight razor, 'cause no stores around here sell anything. It does a good enough job that I'm not concerned. I get the electric out if I'm in a hurry and need to shave.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Only if I wanted to look like Freddy Kruger. I have girly skin.

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I finally finished assembling my santee's package and will be mailing it today. Am I being too late? the final piece took a while to get to me and now I'm worried that I should have just bought a PS3 or something.

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Too bad I'm so lazy.

Yeah, I use a Fusion 'cause I'm too cheap to go online and buy an entire kit for a straight razor, 'cause no stores around here sell anything. It does a good enough job that I'm not concerned. I get the electric out if I'm in a hurry and need to shave.

Would anyone be interested in something like this? I ask because I ordered a bunch of blades from Amazon and I got shipped this instead (though not that many blades, I don't think). I was told to keep it when they corrected my order and I have no real use for it. I'd be happy to send it out to someone that would use it.

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    So I finally finished assembling my santee's package and will be mailing it today. Am I being too late? the final piece took a while to get to me and now I'm worried that I should have just bought a PS3 or something.

You definitely should have just bought a PS3. I'll PM you my shipping address so you don't feel bad about that mistake. ;)

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Postage wasn't too crazy. In fact, when you consider the journey the package is now off to make I can't complain.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    How long does a package to like Canada take if it were shipped out by like this week?

(I have never shipped outside of the US and am just interested.)

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    All this talk of shaving reminds me I need to. I always fancied a proper shaving kit, I currently use a Mach 3 (I think), which isn't great.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kendrik wrote: »

Too bad I'm so lazy.

Would anyone be interested in something like this? I ask because I ordered a bunch of blades from Amazon and I got shipped this instead (though not that many blades, I don't think). I was told to keep it when they corrected my order and I have no real use for it. I'd be happy to send it out to someone that would use it.

I actually use Derby blades with my safety razor. I'd love some if you're getting rid of em!

And ArcSyn, it's actually much cheaper in the long run to use a safety razor. A decent one will last most of your life and a pack of blades is extremely cheap (as you can see from Ken's link. How much is a pack of Fusion disposables? Like $20? Lasts maybe a month or two?
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    All this talk of shaving reminds me I need to. I always fancied a proper shaving kit, I currently use a Mach 3 (I think), which isn't great.

I actually sent my Santee a safety razor and blades as part of his gift one year (xWonderboyx). I found out just recently that the model I bought him wasn't all that fantastic, as mine is having problems. Calcium build-up inside the handle makes it almost impossible to open-close, so I have to soak it in CLR every so often. Gonna spring for a better one soon that doesn't have moving parts inside it.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Too bad I'm so lazy.
    I must be really lazy. My beard is pretty thick right now.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Figgy wrote: »
    And ArcSyn, it's actually much cheaper in the long run to use a safety razor. A decent one will last most of your life and a pack of blades is extremely cheap (as you can see from Ken's link. How much is a pack of Fusion disposables? Like $20? Lasts maybe a month or two?

Yeah, though mine last a lot longer 'cause I don't shave every day, blades for straight/safety razors are a lot cheaper. It's more a problem of knowing what is good or isn't. I'll keep your issue in mind though if I do ever shop for one. Don't get one with moving parts that could get stuck.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think I saw a small package arrive in the mail for me last night. I'll see what it is when I get home.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Whew! A proxy told me that my stuff actually made it to its international destination. That's a relief. I'll wait till he posts before I reveal myself, though.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Yeah, though mine last a lot longer 'cause I don't shave every day, blades for straight/safety razors are a lot cheaper. It's more a problem of knowing what is good or isn't. I'll keep your issue in mind though if I do ever shop for one. Don't get one with moving parts that could get stuck.

It's not so much the moving parts as it is the moving parts inside the handle. Otherwise, it wouldn't be much of an issue to clean it.

On another note, Santa, if you haven't already sent something my way, I could use a new furnace! Simple problem that I was convinced was going to be a $100 dollar fix is now going to cost me $600 at least. Fucking thing.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hey, yeah, I hate to be selfish, but my gift got bottom-of-the-paged on page 26. It was quite thoughtful, and deserves acknowledgment! My Santa deserves it, after all. :)

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I actually use Derby blades with my safety razor. I'd love some if you're getting rid of em!

These are actually Single-Sided Blades for use on the straight-razor that came with them so they won't work on your safety razor (assuming you're using a Gillette-Style Butterfly razor).

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A delivery man knocked at my fromt door just after I came home from work. I got very excited, but then i realised they were only things I'd ordered for LewieP and his daddy for Christmas :(.
    But, hey, my santee still has one gift to arrive!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Kendrik wrote: »

These are actually Single-Sided Blades for use on the straight-razor that came with them so they won't work on your safety razor (assuming you're using a Gillette-Style Butterfly razor).

Ah you're right! I just saw the Derby box and assumed it was the ones I use.

Figgy on
  • Options
    KSKKSK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santee: I almost have all your gifts to complete the "Master Gift"! STAY TUNED!

Soooo excited it's finally coming together! :)

KSK on
This discussion has been closed.