As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DORFS. DORFS EVERYWHERE. Dwarf Fortress.

Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worsebefore it gets any better.Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Social Entropy++
Dwarf Fortress.

dorfs1.png

we all love this game because it is very, very cruel to us and we mistake that for positive attention.

Untitled-2.png

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU.png

yay.png
imaginationtime.png
itrules.png

anyway. these are all from my last game of DF before i uninstalled it at the start of the college semester.

for obvious reasons.
it's because this game will ruin your fucking life

and yes i use a tileset, fuck you, ascii hurts my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koZUS2h-Yzc

useful video, though i think by now it might be a bit outdated.

Metzger Meister on

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Don't fucking make me play this again please

George Fornby Grill on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    FUCK THAT I'M REINSTALLING AND YOU'RE ALL GONNA REINSTALL TOO. I'M PULLING YOU DOWN INTO THE MIRE WITH ME.

SEE THIS MOTHERFUCKER?

THIS IS THE GODDAMN SWAMP OF SADNESS, AND YOU ARE ARTAX, AND ATREYU AINT GONNA BE ABLE TO DO SHIT TO SAVE YOUR BITCH ASS.

Metzger Meister on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    080417005854_Stephen%20Dorff.jpg

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Seriously though, this game is so good. I never figured out the new military system though.

Metzger Meister on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    I love reading about other people's adventures while playing Dwarf Fortress but I don't enjoy playing it at all.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    dorf.jpg

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited December 2010
    i have started a new game and will be documenting this shit exhaustively.

Metzger Meister on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dwarf Fortress provides some of the best stories. Does anyone have that giant comic strip someone did about their game, involving a dragon destroying the town?

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dwarf Fortress? Is this some kind of Minecraft spinoff?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • SaintSaint Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If you are being serious I will fucking shoo-oh right SE++...carry on.

Saint on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    metzger meister has entered a FEY MOOD!

metzger meister has REINSTALLED DWARF FORTRESS

VALVEjunkie on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm always serious.

Some would say deadly serious.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • animal companionanimal companion xenomortis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is it possible to play this isometrically yet

animal companion on
    VdxNI.jpg
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    FUCK THAT I'M REINSTALLING AND YOU'RE ALL GONNA REINSTALL TOO. I'M PULLING YOU DOWN INTO THE MIRE WITH ME.

I'M SO AWESOME I NEVER UNINSTALLED THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I'm currently building a fortress around a (mostly) flat magma pipe.

Also I modded my world_gen to only have one cavern layer, which makes the game even more FUN.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just started getting in to dwarf fortress a few days ago in fact.

Flay on
  • OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    adventure mode

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    still haven't played since the last LP and the new military stuff

not looking to do it now

L|ama on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Macera wrote: »

what texture pack wizardry is this I want it

George Fornby Grill on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    METZGER

NO

NO I CAN'T PLAY THIS AGAIN

FUCK YOU SKULL CAVE

Raneados on
    edited December 2010
    :V Rane.

Rane.

Play DF.

Metzger Meister on
    edited December 2010
    Macera wrote: »

what texture pack wizardry is this I want it

That's Stonesense. Not a texture pack, just a visualizer. Apparently it isn't updated to work with 31.18 right now.

Ferrus on
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    First of all, OP is lacking by not mentioning StoneSense

091103-dwarf-fortress.gif

ultragear_stonesense_1.png

Second of all, I wanted to play DF for a good long while now, but it's still lacking some major features I find elementary. I'll hold off until they started implementing the proper model for the economy.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nirya wrote: »
    Dwarf Fortress provides some of the best stories. Does anyone have that giant comic strip someone did about their game, involving a dragon destroying the town?

I might have that somewhere...

Vic on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    haha

VALVEjunkie on
    edited December 2010
    Holy crap, I JUST NOW fired up my fort and got a bunch of buzzards stealing my shit. So I stationed my axedwarf near the food stockpiles and he promptly jumps after a buzzard, right into the magma pipe. D:

Ferrus on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Did he kill the buzzard?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited December 2010
    Nope.

But I have to admit the mental image of that guy jumping after a goddamn bird and dropping to his death, Wile E. Coyote style, is pretty funny.

Edit: Also this is relevant:
    Dwarf-fortress.PNG

Ferrus on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Welp, that StoneSense graphics mod means i'll probably be downloading this. I'll report back on the absolute dwarf holocaust that my first game will be soon.

Karl on
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    When Toady and Notch team up to merge Dwarf Fortress and Minecraft into a hybrid fuckfest I will coat the surrounding suburb in semen, wherever I may be.

theSquid on
  • WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In case anyone hasn't yet read it, here is the wonderful tale of Boatmurdered. Reading this is mandatory.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Karl wrote: »
    Welp, that StoneSense graphics mod means i'll probably be downloading this. I'll report back on the absolute dwarf holocaust that my first game will be soon.

It kicked me over the edge as well. Though I can finally see what's happening, I'm having difficulties understanding it.

Thetheroo on
  • OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    adventure mode is fun because you can get attacked by packs of wolves, choke one to death, and then use the dead wolf to kill the other wolves

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So are you guys going to start another succession game that never gets finished

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just tried playing this at work. As much as I like the idea of it, its sooo ugly.

monsterror on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    incorrect

Raneados on
    edited December 2010
    Rane, why are you on my ignore list. I did not put you there. And why can't I remove you from my ignore list. I did not want you there, Rane. I want to see your posts, Rane.

monsterror on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    monsterror wrote: »
    Rane, why are you on my ignore list. I did not put you there. And why can't I remove you from my ignore list. I did not want you there, Rane. I want to see your posts, Rane.

There are still people that haven't figured this out yet?

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited December 2010
    monsterror wrote: »

There are still people that haven't figured this out yet?

I just came back to the forums, like, yesterday.

monsterror on