As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Les [Chat]s des Maldoror

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    So I rolled up a worgen hunter last night and played through their opening area. It was pretty awesome.

Plus you get a tophat.

I have a werewolf that is currently wearing a tophat

Worgen really makes me want to play WoW.

Because I want a human druid. And worgen is the closest I'd ever get.

I hate all races but humans. They are either ugly, disgusting, unsanitary, or ugly.
    Man, I'm usually the guy rolling human in a fantasy game, but WoW humans are ugly. Every time I went into a Caverns of Time instance I threw up a little in my mouth.

So they're ugly, I don't care. I honestly don't give a crap what my avatar looks like - especially seeing how as a druid it doesn't matter cause i'll be constantly transformed. (except with recent changes to truid)

I am playing a game, not a fashion competition. I just hate non-humans because they're non-human.
    I thought you hated WoW.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Will Jr. Jr. Jr.

my grandfather was junior

we all got stuck with a dumb freemason middle name too

it is a name that you really do not hear anymore. like, you'll occasionally hear some dude from the 1800s with this name.
    zebechiah

zacariah

solomon

jacobius

levi

you're on the right track

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Passer was going to say this earlier pretty sure there is a big Baha'i center in Washington state. Maybe not Seattle directly. One of the guys I use to work with at Dish Network ended up working there.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I rolled up a worgen hunter last night and played through their opening area. It was pretty awesome.

Plus you get a tophat.

I hate all races but humans. They are either ugly, disgusting, unsanitary, or ugly.
    Man, I'm usually the guy rolling human in a fantasy game, but WoW humans are ugly. Every time I went into a Caverns of Time instance I threw up a little in my mouth.

So they're ugly, I don't care. I honestly don't give a crap what my avatar looks like - especially seeing how as a druid it doesn't matter cause i'll be constantly transformed. (except with recent changes to truid)

I am playing a game, not a fashion competition. I just hate non-humans because they're non-human.

Alright, Ashley

Silas Brown on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Plus you get a tophat.

Conversely I am intimately concerned with how my characters look

maybe that was the wrong word there

Arch on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I love the look of goblins. They look like Gremlins.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh also, Flying above SW last night may or may not have gotten me a little teary eyed. and I may or may not have logged out on top of the clocktower after landing my flying machine delicately upon that perch before looking out over the city like a 3ft batman

Ludious on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Which server do you play on, Arch?

Silas Brown on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Oh god, Olbermann just ripped Obama a bigger asshole than he EVER did W; he is losing it on him.

I really find the current cliff-jumping from the left pundits to be baffling

It's not the pundits alone. The dems in the house hate this plan, and the senate dems are threatening to filibuster Obama's own compromise plan. He done fucked up.

yeah i was....pretty disappointed about this

it's basically the same shit that the democratic congress did to clinton in 92-94. the difference is that the current democratic congress is doing it after getting their asses kicked in a midterm election

gg dudes

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Plus you get a tophat.

this was... way more defensive a reaction than I was expecting

Bama on
    edited December 2010
    Will Jr. Jr. Jr.

it is a name that you really do not hear anymore. like, you'll occasionally hear some dude from the 1800s with this name.
    zebechiah

zacariah

solomon

jacobius

levi

Nebuchadnezzar

Nerdgasmic on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    it's almost like nobody remembers how things were done in dc before 2004

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited December 2010
    It's insane.

If anyone can say that dems are better than pubs at this whole wharbgarbl partisanship shit they're fucking nutty.

I hate politicians so much.

Eastwood had a great quote about partisanship that if you go too far either side you end up meeting the other assholes who did the same thing.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited December 2010
    oh hey what do goblin totems look like?

Bama on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    :whistle:Lost in his little yellow round eye...

Lost in his little yellow round eye...
    :whistle:

Synd, did you see my response to your Baha'i question?

I did, and it makes a great deal of sense. Thanks for writing that up!

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    edited December 2010
    Oh god, Olbermann just ripped Obama a bigger asshole than he EVER did W; he is losing it on him.

It's not the pundits alone. The dems in the house hate this plan, and the senate dems are threatening to filibuster Obama's own compromise plan. He done fucked up.

there is something to be said for passing an imperfect thing rather than forestalling action.

i mean, extension of the bush tax cuts sucks. i don't like it.

but at the end of the day, obama's going to be judged on something getting done, and not what bad things he forestalled. 52 seats in the senate is not enough to stuff the republicans and pass the democratic wish-list. hell, 60 votes wasn't enough to do that.

I'm with you on this one Will, from the other direction. I don't like the extension of unemployment benefits all that much but I would much rather have my government do something instead of sit around and self-fellatate like the bunch of chucklefucks they are

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lemuel

Senjutsu on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Plus you get a tophat.

this was... way more defensive a reaction than I was expecting

Oh that might have come off as a bit tetchy. Was genuinely just explaining my opinion more thoroughly.

Daxon on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I totally understand the left being furious with Obama. I'm pretty furious with Obama. But what can I do? Not vote and let someone even worse get in? Sometimes I feel like I should just leave this shit-ass country and call it a day. I don't like what hating this many people does to me.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited December 2010

I only saw the earth totem, but it was like a little drill looking thing with like oil coming out the bottom.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited December 2010

It's insane.

If anyone can say that dems are better than pubs at this whole wharbgarbl partisanship shit they're fucking nutty.

democrats are fucking terrible at politics. like, they are the most hapless party in history, especially considering that their platforms are overwhelmingly popular and targeted at the economic interests of the vast majority.

mostly it's because they're cobbled of like 200 discrete interest groups who all go fucking apeshit if their particular interest or perspective isn't put at the head of the queue.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    sleeeeeeepy

Need to be productive.

Guh.

Coffee? Coffee!

Galahad on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

It's insane.

the democrats are horrible insofar as they cave to the desires of the unimaginably bad republicans in power

i am not sure Chamberlain is just as bad as Hitler for caving to his demands
    that's right i fucking godwinned this post tree after 5 posts and you're gonna like it

MikeMan on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

THey're mechanical, and sit on a spinning drill bit.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Which server do you play on, Arch?

Llane, primarily. The guy who is financing my trip through azeroth plays there and I feel it is ungrateful to not play together.

My horde characters are all over, but I am kind of starting over on ravenholdt when i get cata eventually

Arch on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Daxon's pro human racism is genuinely somewhat disturbing to me

Evil Multifarious on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Passer was going to say this earlier pretty sure there is a big Baha'i center in Washington state. Maybe not Seattle directly. One of the guys I use to work with at Dish Network ended up working there.

Oh, there are a few temples in Seattle itself, but what I mean is they don't have a big presence. Partly because there just aren't a large number of individual Baha'i in Seattle (based on what the one Iranian Baha'i man told me), partly 'cause I think they just tend to be a little quieter about things, a lot like the Sikhs here.

Passerbye on
    edited December 2010
    Will Jr. Jr. Jr.

zebechiah

zacariah

solomon

jacobius

levi

Nebuchadnezzar

if only

i would totally go by that.

i would be W. Nebuchadnezzar

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

I only saw the earth totem, but it was like a little drill looking thing with like oil coming out the bottom.
    Cool, I just found a picture.

goddammit I was doing such a good job of being uninterested in cataclysm

Bama on
    edited December 2010
    you know they make 'em up north, evil m

Nerdgasmic on
    edited December 2010
    also who posted that thing about Everest?

i hadn't realized they just leave the bodies on the mountain

Arch on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

there is something to be said for passing an imperfect thing rather than forestalling action.

i mean, extension of the bush tax cuts sucks. i don't like it.

but at the end of the day, obama's going to be judged on something getting done, and not what bad things he forestalled. 52 seats in the senate is not enough to stuff the republicans and pass the democratic wish-list. hell, 60 votes wasn't enough to do that.

I'm with you on this one Will, from the other direction. I don't like the extension of unemployment benefits all that much but I would much rather have my government do something instead of sit around and self-fellatate like the bunch of chucklefucks they are
    gooey you honestly think extending tax cuts to the rich when they already pay disproportionately less taxes than A) the rich in every other first world nation, and B) the rich in this nation ever have in the past outside of the Gilded Age, will help our economy and country enough to offset the tremendous swelling of the deficit this will entail?

is that your honest position?

MikeMan on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preach they are screwed if it goes through. The cost of this tax break could of payed for national healthcare for 10 years. Which would of done better.

Also Obama never had 60 votes in the Senate. Never. He had 59 at most and Liberman when he bowed down to him. Throw in the 6 months with Franken to get in. Then the loss of Ted Kennedy which lead to 58 votes. Seriously someone in the strategy session miscalculated or he really didn't care and passed stuff he wanted and was actually just double speaking to us on the campaign.

If you look at it between the Senate and him basically giving the Republicans his ball so they could just go home and not let anything happen is what the last two years have been. He has called for bipartisanship which doesn't work when the other sides to destroy you and salt the Earth. If he fought tooth and nail. Showed those who blocked stuff as being wrong for the country or at least attacked them you would probably have seen a better mid-term for him. Better poll numbers and he would still have the support of his base.

The guy basically has lost me. He isn't worth my air to scream about at this point. Either he is the worst negotiator ever or he just doesn't want to negotiate. He held the keys and the power and hell the public backing. He just seems to act like he had none of these.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited December 2010
    Lemuel

it starts with H

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    :whistle:Lost in his little yellow round eye...

Lost in his little yellow round eye...
    :whistle:

Synd, did you see my response to your Baha'i question?

I did, and it makes a great deal of sense. Thanks for writing that up!

Coo'. :^:

Passerbye on
    edited December 2010

yeah

a family friend is one of those bodies

It's impossible to bring them down, along with the oxygen tanks and alot of other gear they take up there

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I totally understand the left being furious with Obama. I'm pretty furious with Obama. But what can I do? Not vote and let someone even worse get in? Sometimes I feel like I should just leave this shit-ass country and call it a day. I don't like what hating this many people does to me.

There's always a primary challenge. Although I doubt that would happen either.

DeShadowC on
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Cool, I just found a picture.

goddammit I was doing such a good job of being uninterested in cataclysm

Goblin rogues stealth like a cartoon character (hands all up and they tip toe) its awesome.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Will, is it Jedediah?

e: whoops no guess not

hmmm

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited December 2010

yeah

a family friend is one of those bodies

It's impossible to bring them down, along with the oxygen tanks and alot of other gear they take up there

whoaaaaa

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.