As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santa,

Your box of merriment hath arrived today. Whilst I was opening the gifts contain therein, the battery runeth out on my iPhone. I have yet to open one of the packages, but I do not want to do so until I take a picture of the box, since it looks like there is a little note of some sort stuck to the top and I'd like to document the proceedings.

Please be patient, dear sir, a gift post is forthcoming.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yesssss all the gifts are here. Now to package them in ridiculous amounts of bubble wrap and send it on its way.

Santee, look out!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Haven't gotten any proxy communications from my Santa.

Wonder if that means he or she had an accident and is in a coma in some hospital somewhere or that I'm really easy to stalk.

Not sure I like either of those possible reasons, actually. :D

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    FreeBryd!FreeBryd! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    santee is being wiley and not accepting my friend request on steam lol

FreeBryd! on
    theaterseats.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    FreeBryd! wrote: »
    santee is being wiley and not accepting my friend request on steam lol

He probably has no idea who you are, so why should he accept your friend request? Use a proxy to tell your santee that you'll be friending him on Steam and what your username is.

Peewi on
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Especially if you want to make it clear who you are at this point

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    titlevn.png

I awoke this morning to the very excited ringing of my doorbell. Seriously. I have never heard someone ring that thing quite so repeatedly as this. Springing from my bed, I opened the door to find a very caffeinated postal worker with package in hand. She was unwilling to pose for a photo, so this will have to do:
    67253218.jpg

I took the package upstairs to the office for its grand opening. Knife in hand, I got down to business. After cleaning up and closing my fetish sites, I decided to open up the package, too.
    62116027.jpg

Inside was something that can only be described as "pulpy."
    25038032.jpg

Sorry, there were also some presents and a letter!!! The letter says to open the gifts first, so that I shall. Unfortunately, one of the gifts was so excited that it opened itself as I was lifting it out of the box!
    93566990.jpg

Here is what was inside! A grand haul all its own: Two graphic novels by Doug TenNapel: Gear and Iron West. (As an added bonus, these are both signed!) two posters, a Futurama comic, and some marvel magnets.

75537052.jpg

57356176.jpg

87971828.jpg

The next gift contained a book. I could tell before I opened it because it was trying to suck my dick the whole time. Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell. I've never heard of it, but I look forward to devouring it! (After I read it). Also, the cover tells me it is a finalist for the Man Booker Prize. Yeah, you would be, Gaylord.
    17788132.jpg

The last gift had some heft to it, and there was also a little parcel taped to the top that said I need to open it. It contained a 4000 point MS funbux card! Very cool, and I'll be using these points with great fervor.
    82382310.jpg

84241824.jpg

Inside the gift proper was (drum roll, please!) a Cardboard mother-fuckingTube Samurai statue! Very, very cool! Upon opening the thing, I also discovered the base is autographed! Is that standard, or was this done special? I'm very, very impressed.
    80960166.jpg

50282624.jpg

86478944.jpg

Lastly, there was the letter. The image on the front is trying to tell me something, but what without a mouth, it had to be translated. Good thing, or I would have not been able to heed the warning.
    39398003.jpg

Here is a scan of the letter for those interested. My dear Santa cleverly highlighted the letters of his forum name, but I have to admit that I knew straight away who he was because of the avatar on the envelope.
    letterh.jpg

Many, many thank yous, JAEF! You are a true gentlemen, and your giftage was extraordinarily thoughtful and spot on! I look forward to enjoying/displaying/eating the wonderful things you sent my way! Wait, not eating.

Merry Christmas, dude!

Also, I think it's interesting that JAEF, Lord Yod, and myself all form a glorious Secret Santa triangle.

Figgy on
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    you mean jaef wasnt behind the rash of ps3's given?

i am shocked! SHOCKED!

edit: Thems some sweet giftings there, figgs!

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santee, package 1 of 2 is in your state! 2 days or less!

:D

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    CTS! Cool beans!

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ah JAEF that is some super gifting and well deserved Figgy!

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yay JAEF! Nice gifts as always!

And my package is ready to go! Now to wait for the best UPS driver ever to come pick it up, then 4/5 days until it is there!!!!!!!!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Those are some nice presents Figgy.

Good job JAEF!

Well now we know you won't just hand out a PS3 every year haha.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Feel free to use this image for maximum dramatic effect in your gift posting, Santees.

Figgy on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That is an excellent box of gifts, and an excellent "Gift Get!" image there Figgy!

I believe my gift giving has come to a close. Unless Steam convinces me to yet again open my wallet, though I fear what will happen to me and my ability to use a credit card once Steam starts the Christmas sales..

This thread has always been the highlight of my November and December (and sometimes October!) on this forum.

edit: Apparently the PA Offices hold their own Secret Santa!
    Prepping for Secret Santa gift exchange. http://yfrog.com/gy2st01j
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=610&filename=2st01.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santee your gift has departed. Should arrive on the 10th... Please enjoy!

urahonky on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There's so much I want to give my Santee I'm gonna go broke.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gift get!

I had 2 gifts arrive at different times but decided to wait until they were both here to post!

The first gift was this totally amazing book!
    imag0150g.jpg
    My lord this book is sweet. Tons of in depth behind the scenes info from both the comic books and movies and a ton of reprinted promo / rare items and drawings!

My second gift was:
    imag0149b.jpg
    Not really heard of this as it's not available in my home country. However the artwork on the box alone had me semi erect! What's that - an 8.9 on IMDB - colour me excited!

Thank you sooo much for these awesome gifts Santa - please reveal yourself you bat gift giver you!

iMatt on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    For easy viewing of your pictures, please look into resizing. Cameras tend to save pictures at huge resolutions by default.

Peewi on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Last year, YaminoSenshi got me the Batman encylopedia signed by Robert Greenburger.

It was sooo fucking cool.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    wait

so Jaef was my santee, Figgy was his, and I was Figgy's?

You guys did this a couple of times didn't you?

And that CTS statue is boss as fuck.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Lord Yod wrote: »
    wait

so Jaef was my santee, Figgy was his, and I was Figgy's?

You guys did this a couple of times didn't you?

And that CTS statue is boss as fuck.

It certainly is. I'm trying to decide where to display it, and I'll post a pic here when it has found its new home.

Figgy on
  • Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santee, hopefully your gift will depart today or at the latest tomorrow. It says it should arrive sometime during the next week. I surely hope you enjoy it!

toolbert on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I live in an apartment that has a fancy metal box for holding other metal boxes which means I wasn't woken by a doorbell this morning. Instead I was woken at 5 am because I went to bed early!

This is not important.

WHAT IS IMPORTANT:

I got a PM from some guy (who may or may not be my santa) telling me to go check the god damn mail!

Lo and behold, there is a package! Alas I have lost my camera cord and Thinkgeek is NO LONGER DOWN so I can describe them (inadequately) AND have links.

I gots!

A titanium spork. (that means I never have to clean it, right?)

A pair of Singing Monkey Balls. (They sound just like monkeys! I wonder how they turned them into magnets though..)

A Mysterious Magnet Tube. (It's pretty neat, and mysterious enough that I'm not going to open it to investigate the mysteries inside the actual tube)

A R.O.M.P! (in your mother's bed) (No not really, it's a little metal plate where you arrange magnets in a pattern and has a hanging magnet that moves around between them)

Oh also a book who the fuck sends books for Christmas honestly. (Shut up you moron books are awesome. It's a Book of Secrets though so I can't tell you anything about it.)

Thank ye, mysterious Santa!

Joeslop on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Those all look fun... Man I love thinkgeek!

urahonky on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    iMatt wrote: »
    Gift get!

I had 2 gifts arrive at different times but decided to wait until they were both here to post!

The first gift was this totally amazing book!
    imag0150g.jpg
    My lord this book is sweet. Tons of in depth behind the scenes info from both the comic books and movies and a ton of reprinted promo / rare items and drawings!

My second gift was:
    imag0149b.jpg
    Not really heard of this as it's not available in my home country. However the artwork on the box alone had me semi erect! What's that - an 8.9 on IMDB - colour me excited!

Thank you sooo much for these awesome gifts Santa - please reveal yourself you bat gift giver you!

Whew, glad it got there! Amazon.uk kept insisting on changing your address slightly.

I had heard from a birdie that you wanted that book, and since Warner Bros. apparently treats the UK like a red-headed stepchild when it comes to releases and that video is aces, I couldn't resist.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Joeslop wrote: »
    I live in an apartment that has a fancy metal box for holding other metal boxes which means I wasn't woken by a doorbell this morning. Instead I was woken at 5 am because I went to bed early!

This is not important.

WHAT IS IMPORTANT:

I got a PM from some guy (who may or may not be my santa) telling me to go check the god damn mail!

Lo and behold, there is a package! Alas I have lost my camera cord and Thinkgeek is NO LONGER DOWN so I can describe them (inadequately) AND have links.

I gots!

A pair of Singing Monkey Balls. (They sound just like monkeys! I wonder how they turned them into magnets though..)

A Mysterious Magnet Tube. (It's pretty neat, and mysterious enough that I'm not going to open it to investigate the mysteries inside the actual tube)

A R.O.M.P! (in your mother's bed) (No not really, it's a little metal plate where you arrange magnets in a pattern and has a hanging magnet that moves around between them)

Oh also a book who the fuck sends books for Christmas honestly. (Shut up you moron books are awesome. It's a Book of Secrets though so I can't tell you anything about it.)

That would be me!

I asked a proxy to pm you, just wanted to make sure no one walked away with it.

I have a phobia of malls this time of year so.... Thinkgeek!

Hop you like it!

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Disco11 wrote: »
    Joeslop wrote: »

This is not important.

WHAT IS IMPORTANT:

I gots!

That would be me!

I asked a proxy to pm you, just wanted to make sure no one walked away with it.

I have a phobia of malls this time of year so.... Thinkgeek!

Hop you like it!

I've been rolling the balls around in my hand for a while!

Joeslop on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    For easy viewing of your pictures, please look into resizing. Cameras tend to save pictures at huge resolutions by default.

imageshack will do this for you when you upload, just throwin that out there for everyone.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You know my only problem with this thread is that it is not melting my face off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLmAPW39uE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o-p-OAWmsY

Ah... that's better.

Someone needs to do their lights to metal carol of the bells, there. That would be awesome.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sent the first half of my gift out. I am totally fucking psyched.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok Gift Retrieved! And pictures resized! I didn't save all the stuff I wrote the first time and hell if I'll try to remember it!
    Pictures of the box!
    img0658m.jpg
    img0660t.jpg
    img0661ic.jpg
    Pictures of a cocks!
    img0662zh.jpg
    img0667t.jpg
    Pictures of gifts (that rocks)
    img0664nx.jpg
    It's maple syrup!
    img0663xn.jpg
    It's honey!
    Last time I posted this I made a pun about here! Can YOU guess what it was?
    img0665012345.jpg
    This is where I mentioned I played the shit out of the gba game, but I was worried when the note mentioned something from my wishlist 'cause my Mom buys exclusively from there! CRISIS AVERTED CLOSE CALL
    img0666gl.jpg
    This is where I made a patching terrans joke! It was really hilarious~
    UEAKCrash! Thanks so much! Again!
    img06680.jpg

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Woo! Hope you liked it all! I did lots of stalking trying to figure out what your most played race in Starcraft was, was I accurate? And yes, you scared the shit out of me when you said your wish list was updated about 2 days before you were to receive your package!

I tried to make sure everything was wrapped nice and tight with lots of padding and sealed up good in case they broke open. Looks like they made it ok.

I also wanted to mention that I found your off hand remark about not liking chocolate and made sure to omit such treats, even though the produce department I work for has some epic local-made chocolate goodies!

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Woo! Hope you liked it all! I did lots of stalking trying to figure out what your most played race in Starcraft was, was I accurate? And yes, you scared the shit out of me when you said your wish list was updated about 2 days before you were to receive your package!

I tried to make sure everything was wrapped nice and tight with lots of padding and sealed up good in case they broke open. Looks like they made it ok.

I also wanted to mention that I found your off hand remark about not liking chocolate and made sure to omit such treats, even though the produce department I work for has some epic local-made chocolate goodies!

Yep yep I was terran all the way pretty much!

Well done on the choco-remark! That is very serious I really hate it!

Also did you draw the nipples on this honey bear? I have just put it next to my own honey bear and that is the only difference in the bottles.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    SamuelsonSamuelson Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    unfortunately I think you've missed the boat by about a month. :( Though you could probably sign up as an easter bunny (who do the secret santa thing on the second round in case someone gets their package stolen by disgruntled Canadian postal workers or otherwise do not receive packages) PM Doc Holiday or Hypatia for more details.

Thankyou :)

Samuelson on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    There's also se++'s secret saints, which I know it says not for extreme lurkers but maybe that is only for the saintees?

edit: wait that is for the saints after all

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santa.

I've gotten a couple proxy messages from you about the packages I should be expecting. However I'm a bit confused.

Initially I was told there would be 3. I've gotten two. But in a subsequent proxy message I was told that a package from one location(A) would have two items and a package from another(B) would have three. There was no indication of a third location. However, I've gotten a package from both locations mentioned but each only had one item.

I'm not bringing this up to be greedy or unthankful. I just want to be sure that what you paid for is being sent out and you aren't getting screwed. :D EDIT: Also to know when to go ahead and post my gift get.

I'd send this via the proxy elf but I'm not sure the proxy elf knows exactly who has who or keeps track of it.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Also did you draw the nipples on this honey bear? I have just put it next to my own honey bear and that is the only difference in the bottles.

Yes I did.

:rotate:

I also put my own price tag on the back of it. Hehe.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Yes I did.

:rotate:

I also put my own price tag on the back of it. Hehe.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha man I just straight up thought that was some kind of price+item code or something
    photo4qi.jpg

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So my package's gone all Christopher Columbus, as it actually headed the opposite direction that my Santa's city. My guess it's going to try to circle the globe to find a faster trade route.

noir_blood on
This discussion has been closed.