As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Uncharted 3: Drake's GOTY

Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
edited October 2011 in Games and Technology
uncharted3-cover.jpg

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

A search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands” propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake on a
daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert, a journey that pits him and his mentor Victor
Sullivan against the occult treachery of a shadowy clandestine organization and its ruthless
leader. When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake’s quest descends into
a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to
confront his deepest fears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJuyv_ckh98

Multiplayer

Competitive and co-op multiplayer return with brand new experiences and massively
expanded feature sets. This includes features like the Buddy System, Power
Plays, Kickbacks and Overtime amongst others. Not only that but characters,
weapons and emblems can be customised to suit the players preference.

Want in on the fun? Click the link, edit yourself in and add some folks:

PSN List

Reviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJuC9pGR4zE

Trophy List

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
Unco-ordinated on

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Roll on the 11th! Just getting back in to Uncharted 2 so this is great timing.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fuck Yes.

Diarmuid on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hell yes. Uncharted 2 is the only game I played the single player multiple times. It's just paced really well, and so damn fun. Multi player was a great surprise too, since it's really fun and different from the usual FPS due to the climbing nature.

Only worry is that we won't see the huge jump in quality we saw between 1 and 2.

Kyougu on
    edited December 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Hell yes. Uncharted 2 is the only game I played the single player multiple times. It's just paced really well, and so damn fun. Multi player was a great surprise too, since it's really fun and different from the usual FPS due to the climbing nature.

Only worry is that we won't see the huge jump in quality we saw between 1 and 2.

If it remains the same quality of Uncharted 2 and there's no 'jump' I'll still be exceptionally happy.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    God help me, I love these games. Number 1 reason to own a PS3, for sure. Just knowing that there's a new Uncharted game to wait for is giving me a warm, glowing feeling inside.

And now ... MEDIA BLACKOUT!

Muddy Water on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Drake's gonna duke it out with Optimus Prime?

reVerse on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

With the complete change of locale and considering how amazing Uncharted 2 looked, I don't really think we need yet another huge jump in quality. It's already going to look completely different from the other two.

But yes, I'm really, really looking forward to it. It just leapfrogged some damn good looking games on my most anticipated list. 2011 is going to be utterly amazing. I don't think there's a quarter that doesn't have at least a couple of games I desperately want (LBP2, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, Deus Ex 3, Killzone 3, Yakuza 4, Infamous 2, Portal 2, Batman: Arkham City, Assassin's Creed 3 and Uncharted 3). I'm going to be so, so poor.

Unco-ordinated on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't think there's a quarter that doesn't have at least a couple of games I desperately want (LBP2, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, Deus Ex 3, Killzone 3, Yakuza 4, Infamous 2, Portal 2, Batman: Arkham City, Assassin's Creed 3 and Uncharted 3). I'm going to be so, so poor.

:shock:

Time to revise my wishlist for next year.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    edited December 2010
    Unco-ordinated is clearly a sequel whore.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am all about Decepticons in Uncharted.

Delta Assault on
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

With the complete change of locale and considering how amazing Uncharted 2 looked, I don't really think we need yet another huge jump in quality. It's already going to look completely different from the other two.

But yes, I'm really, really looking forward to it. It just leapfrogged some damn good looking games on my most anticipated list. 2011 is going to be utterly amazing. I don't think there's a quarter that doesn't have at least a couple of games I desperately want (LBP2, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, Deus Ex 3, Killzone 3, Yakuza 4, Infamous 2, Portal 2, Batman: Arkham City, Assassin's Creed 3 and Uncharted 3). I'm going to be so, so poor.

The Last Guardian, hopefully.

Diarmuid on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Isnt batman AC 2012? :(

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Giant Bombcast GOTY Batman vs Uncharted 2011 Edition

Ceno on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Uncharted 3: The Quest to Empty Corehealer's Wallet.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited December 2010
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    The Last Guardian, hopefully.

I hope not. There's already too many high profile games coming out next year, especially from Sony, it'd be sent to die. Early 2012 would be a better spot.

Mr_Grinch, there are a couple new IP's I'm keeping an eye on but not in the same league as the others. Namely, Kingdoms of Amalur and Catherine. Which reminds me of Disgaea 4... Fuck.

No azith, Arkham City is coming out in 2011.

Unco-ordinated on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Why can't every game be an Uncharted game?

Seriously, though, we need more adventures.

joshofalltrades on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Learn me about this series. I tried the first demo and didn't like it. I got swayed by all the junk groping whenever it was mentioned and bought the first one anyway and got maybe an hour into it and then quit.

Now U2 GOY is on sale. Should I try it?

Magic Pink on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    God yes.

The leap from 1 to 2 is huge. Only the Assasin Creed games pulled a leap that big (Infamous 2 looks to be heading that direction too).

Even if you take away all the people who think is an amazing game (It's my personal favorite of this gen), it's just a really fun, well paced action adventure game.

Kyougu on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I liked the first game...

joshofalltrades on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Learn me about this series. I tried the first demo and didn't like it. I got swayed by all the junk groping whenever it was mentioned and bought the first one anyway and got maybe an hour into it and then quit.

Junk groping?

Anyway I loved the first at the time so maybe im biased but two is simply such an amazing leap in quality from the first that i cant not suggest it even for a new player. but i do suggest you give UC1 another try.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I never thought I'd like Uncharted, but I had also never played them.

These games are incredible, and now I'm crazy excited about the third!

Icemopper on
  • exmelloexmello Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I played through the second one first and loved it, then tried the demo for the first and hated it, if that means anything to you.

exmello on
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just hope Sully doesn't get killed, and the whole story is Nate takes bloody revenge on the killers. Knowing Sully though, he faked it and that's the "deception" angle. Victor Sullivan FTW!

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I liked the first game...

Me too but the jump in quality is crazy.

It was like they knew what was good and what was just ok in the first one. When they started making Number 2 they made the ok parts great, and the good parts the best thing ever.

AND THEN they added multiplayer.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

The U1 demo didn't sell me on the game either but it was well worth the GH price tag I paid for it. For added bonus the wife enjoyed it to the point where she insisted I pick up the sequel (an honor previously enjoyed by only R&C and J&D games) and is now dubbed as "best game evar!" (also death to those who speak otherwise) in our home.

So yeah get it, or death be upon you or some such.

...and now that I've actually read your post maybe don't pull the trigger until giving U1 another shot. The jump from 1 to 2 is significant and the MP is an enjoyable experience, but if you don't like the core gameplay it might just fall in the "not for you" category.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I played through Uncharted 2 a second time about two months ago, and while I still think it's a fantastic game, I'd like to see the platforming/exploration ratio be even greater. All the bad parts of that game involve late-game shitty combat scenarios with armored dudes and snipers that just end up hurting the experience. I don't mean they should make the game easier, just be a bit more creative than "oh here fight 50 guys and now they have HELMETS on!"

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • exmelloexmello Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I want to see them up the realism another notch so I don't lose immersion by realizing this is just a videogame when I start shooting bullet sponges later in the game.

They could always up the challenge by improving the AI instead of making them take more hits.

exmello on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Like I said before, Spec Ops: The Line needs to come out NOW if they want to beat the other big sand physics showcase game with a main character voiced by Nolan North to the market.

Also, fix that damn title, yo. Decepticons...

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Fuck Yes.

Colored me fucking stoked, this is seriously one of my favorite series of all time.

toolbert on
  • LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh hell yes.

Lagnar on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This is one of those series i've been seriously meaning to get into but have just never picked up.

Also, what a crap subtitle. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hell yes and fuck yes are already taken.

Damn Yes!

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
    edited December 2010
    Also, fix that damn title, yo. Decepticons...

I know... I did it on purpose. So no, I ain't fixing nothing.

Unco-ordinated on
  • PerfectLizardPerfectLizard Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Excitement rising!

Also, this is one of the only game series where I actually look forward to hearing Nolan North as a voice actor.

PerfectLizard on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GET GET GET.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited December 2010
    So if the plot heavily involves Sully, then that makes up for how little of him there was in UC2.

I wonder what Claudia Black is up to...

Also, that is a pretty cool teaser trailer with that TE Lawrence quote. Good to see they still have stuff to mine.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thread needs more:

250px-Elena_U2_render.jpg

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nathan needs to learn that they make shirts with shorter sleeves so he won't have to keep pushing the long sleeves up.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    So Amazon has boxart and some screens.

I guess the cover gives away a potential big setpiece, but so did UC2. I predict
    a sequence where you run through a crashing plane
    a la Saboteur.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Elena's voice still weirds me out even with the voice actor almost looking the same. I find it a odd accent and tone to be coming out of that face.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png