As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I searched your gamercard for the PS3 and saw someone with "MightyVVhitey" and assumed that was you, which solidified my PS3 game gift. :P I feel ashamed.... Haha... Hopefully you know someone with a PS3 so you can enjoy that.

Or I can sell my body for a few weeks and get you one. Let's hope option 1 works better.

urahonky on
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    Buy him a PS3.

Hahaha,i don't need one right now!!
    urahonky wrote: »
    I searched your gamercard for the PS3 and saw someone with "MightyVVhitey" and assumed that was you, which solidified my PS3 game gift. :P I feel ashamed.... Haha... Hopefully you know someone with a PS3 so you can enjoy that.

Or I can sell my body for a few weeks and get you one. Let's hope option 1 works better.

well, the other thing is that my buddy who owns a ps3 invited me over when it came out and we beat it together.
    XP

im kind of curious, do you still have the link to the supposed "me" who has ps3 trophies? i wonder if somehow i made one and didn't realize it.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I like that all three of use were connected via Santa goodness.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I like that all three of use were connected via Santa goodness.

thats right... you were Urahonky's santa weren't you??

its like we have an inner circle now... who wants to formulate the secret handshake?

Mighty on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is Urahonky's defense, inFamous is awesome.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Secret handshake = up, down, turn around, front flip, AIR GUITAR

...i can always take that infamous off your hands Mighty :lol:

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Mightyvvhitey

When I saw that I realized that you needed a PS3 game, and I saw your achievements for Prototype, so I had to send you inFamous. :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Okay, so finally, after way too much procrastination, everything is starting to fall in to place.

Santee, unfortunately one of your gifts is going to take like 3 weeks worth of shipping, so rather than have it shipped to me to go with everything else, it's now going straight to you all by itself.

I marked both gifts 1 of 2 because I now have no idea which one is going to reach you first, as the second box hasn't left the house yet.

Needless to say you should find yourself pleased with the goodies I have in store for you. This is the first time I've gotten a Santee that I have had prior exposure to, so I knew things about you way before Doc sent me my message.

Oh yes... it will be good.

That said, Santa, I'm sorry I didn't make my usual post in here about a few likes and dislikes, I know you had a proxy ask me a question a week ago or so, and if you're settled on gifts, then huzzah.

If you aren't, here are some last minute things to note:

I post here: www.fyrewulff.com/tbk
    Though I think you have to be a member to see most of the threads.

I regularly play the following:
    Wii
    DS

I own damn near every major console and/or handheld out there sans anything Sony that came out after the PS2.

I play with my wife, A Mad Tea Party pretty much 90% of the time I play games.

You could probably look up my entire 360 library on xbox.com, since I can't stand owning a game and not having any achievements for it.

I know I post in the Halo thread a lot, sorry if that made it a bit difficult to find multiple interests. I normally post in the pokemon, final fantasy, video game sales, rock band, and pretty much anything Nintendo first party threads.

I have a facebook, which I'm not sure what my security settings are, so I don't know if you can see it, Tea Party's might be more open than mine is, and she uses hers more anyway.

On a final note, Farscape is the best sci-fi series in the universe.

edit: oh, and I'll be finishing my first semester of Japanese in about 6 days. :D

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    urahonky wrote: »
    http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Mightyvvhitey

When I saw that I realized that you needed a PS3 game, and I saw your achievements for Prototype, so I had to send you inFamous. :P

hahaha, I haven't ever played any socom games, ever.
    That's so weird that someone got my exact handle on PSN

Mighty on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    14 free christmas mp3's from target, including the awesome Electronic Santa

http://www.target.com/b?node=2492229011&ref=sr_shorturl_holidayalbum

Everyone needs to get on that!

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GIFT GET! And perfect timing, too, this was a pretty lousy week and this arrived just in time to give me a needed dose of holiday cheer.
    I was checking my e-mail at lunch when I heard a knock at the door. Could it be...?
    aCGuE.jpg

Why, yes! A wild box has appeared, making its way up from Texas to my doorstep. This should be checked out immediately!
    OCURy.jpg

It looks like Santa has sent me some paper. Lots and lots of paper. Thanks, Santa! Wait, no, there's some stuff underneath all the paper...
    as05s.jpg

Sweet, sweet Secret Santa loot. And it's all wrapped up nicely! Well, the card says "Open first," so let's see what we've got here.
    4Mex1.jpg

Seems like Santa has gone cruising on the Autobahn this year.
    fKvTU.jpg

A note from Santa! Sorry about the picture, I couldn't get a good one of the note for some reason, but it's chock-full of holiday wishes, instructions, and hints about each gift.

All right, let's get to the presents! First up is one that makes interesting noises when moved around....
    8Ksvo.jpg

Hmm, better open it and find out what's rattling around inside....
    bzEaP.jpg

Ah, this is why Santa mentioned the Blacktron menace! It's an awesome Space Police vehicle, complete with an alien criminal named Rench. I love the expression on the Space Policeman's face, he looks like he isn't inclined to take any crap from little green Lego men. Sweet!

But there's more stuff to come. The next package is much less noisy; in fact it makes no noise at all.
    DwMMv.jpg

Santa knows that I lurk and occasionally post in the Sales Thread!
    rITm5.jpg

Thanks, Santa! This should be a good read; I love books like this about media businesses (previous favorites include Bill Carter's The Late Show, Frederic Dannen's Hit Men, and David Sheff's Game Over) so this is much appreciated. I can't wait to crack it open later.

Next up is a mysterious tube....
    P178D.jpg

Very curious.
    KEBvP.jpg

Haha, that's pretty cool! They're essentially Pez dispensers that look like Wii remotes. Here's a slightly better picture so you can take a look:
    hZWM8.jpg

I couldn't get all the tape off, but that still gives you a pretty good idea of what they look like. Pretty snazzy! I have a couple of Pez dispensers that I saved from way back so these will fit right in, plus, hey, candy. Who doesn't like candy?

There's one more gift left, and it's kind of a mysterious bundle of some sort. I'm not sure what this could be.
    977XJ.jpg

Oh snap! This is just awesome. I didn't even know they made anything like this!
    6kSBE.jpg

For anyone who can't see images, it's a giant, poseable, one-foot-tall stuffed Lego man. His hat is even removeable via velcro! (I couldn't get a picture of that for some reason, though.) Yeah, that little green alien criminal dude is screwed now.

Here's a pic of all the swag together:
    ycRaE.jpg

So a big, hearty "Thank you!" to my Santa, Cameron_Talley, who did an excellent job here and sent me some really cool gifts, despite the fact that I am pretty hard to stalk (sorry, man, I really gotta post more often). This is such a great community. Also I just realized that I was one of the people to advise you on how to address your package, which is also pretty funny if you think about it.

Norfair on
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Whoo! You got it! Glad you liked it!

Surprised it got there today, actually, the tracking said Monday.

Yeah, when you posted on how to address the package I thought "Ha! If only he knew!"

I went to Toys R Us this past Saturday and when I saw the stuffed Lego dude I knew that I MUST get one! Never seen them before either. Pretty awesome.

I actually bought that book (well, not THAT book, but another copy of it) for my job (I work in a Library). I'm about 2/3rds of the way through it right now and I think you'll enjoy it, especially if you liked "Game Over."

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Woo giftage today! WraithXt1 + Significant other you rock! Pictures incoming!

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Whoo! You got it! Glad you liked it!

Surprised it got there today, actually, the tracking said Monday.

Yeah, when you posted on how to address the package I thought "Ha! If only he knew!"

I went to Toys R Us this past Saturday and when I saw the stuffed Lego dude I knew that I MUST get one! Never seen them before either. Pretty awesome.

I actually bought that book (well, not THAT book, but another copy of it) for my job (I work in a Library). I'm about 2/3rds of the way through it right now and I think you'll enjoy it, especially if you liked "Game Over."

The stuffed Lego man is so cool. I knew they made a variety of Lego figure keychains, watches, clocks and stuff, but I've never seen one of these before.

When I have some time, I'm going to put together the Space Police set and take a picture or two of that assembled. Also, I'm really looking forward to reading the book, especially now that I've had a chance to leaf through it a bit.

Anyway, I really like all my stuff; you did a great job. :)

Norfair on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GIFT GET!
    A wild parcel appeared!
    IMG_0238.jpg

Thankfully John Cusack is on the case to hide my address. Sorry, santas'-eyes-only!

I had no assistance unpacking these wonderful gifts at hand - Donkey Kong had taken a leave of absence to collect more bananas. Thankfully the first gift rectified that issue entirely:
    IMG_0240-1.jpg

Sonic! I love Sonic. He was my childhood hero and when I got a MegaDrive I'd be up on weekends at 5am to play through the game and help crush Robotnik. He'll do nicely as an unwrapping buddy. Let's go, blue blur!
    IMG_0242.jpg

Upon reaching the first big package, Sonic performs a spin-dash and rips the top open...
    IMG_0243.jpg

Motherfucking Twinkies! Someone was paying attention to the previous thread, I see, wherein I lamented having never had a Twinkie touch my tongue. And now I have a box of them. In a word? Sweet! Come on, Sonic, let's go see what else Santa brought me.
    IMG_0244.jpg

Lok'tar motherfuckin' Ogar! Santa also knew how much I love the Horde, and decided it was time I represented. Next up on the list...
    IMG_0245-1.jpg

Of course I love zombies. Who could resist giving them a big-ol' cuddle? BUT! This gift doubles up as a 1gig flash-drive as well as being a fancy wristband! Awesomesauce detected!
    IMG_0246-1.jpg

I wonder what it could be? Sonic, homing attack that sucker!
    IMG_0247.jpg

Candy! Delicious candy! Pop Rocks, Wonka Bars, and a candy cane. Sadly the Candy Cane didn't survive the trip, but it was delicious nonetheless.

Group photo!
    IMG_0248.jpg

And to end the suspense, we find out whom the santa is...
    IMG_0249.jpg

Big thanks for the haul this year, Count of Midget Fisto! :D

Dunxco on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    pop rocks are the best candy

that is a fact

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've never had a twinkie either. How are they? I might just order box myself.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DekuStick wrote: »
    I've never had a twinkie either. How are they? I might just order box myself.

Kinda crappy.

Zingers are better.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "Did you tell him about the twinkie?"

"What about the twinkie?"

Cameron_Talley on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    GIFT GET!
    I arrived home to see that I have an undelivered parcel! A packet that's too large for my letterbox! I'm hoping there's a Secret Santa gift inside! But nope, it must be misdelivered mail. There isn't a W.P.A. Forumer at this address.

1.jpg

Oh well. I trotted to the sorting office to get it anyway. It was only a small packet.

2.jpg

BUT WAIT! (1:24 to 1:30)

3.jpg

That's not a packet at all! It's a BOX! A long box! It says on the outside that it's from a mysterious place called Pennies Arcode. My invisible kitten inspects it for suspiciousness.

4.jpg

No suspicious contents, so I'm free to open it. Inside: one tube and two packets. One has a number on it. Is it the amount of seconds I have left until I die from terrorists?! My invisible cat Schrodinger doesn't think so.

5.JPG

It seems only fair to start with the tube. I'd hardly be a PA fan if I didn't.

6.JPG

I am justly rewarded. It's a subway poster of Gabe and Tycho! I'm going to find an appropriate frame for this post haste.

7.JPG

And some badass PA stickers that I didn't even know were a thing! These are going to get stuck on shit so much.

8.JPG

Time to open this packet. I tell you what, this is a classy packet. Metal clasp, no sticky tape or nuthin'. Very classy. But wait - this is the packet marked with the number of the Beast, when the Beast was a toddler. WHAT HORRORS COULD THIS PACKET CONTAIN? TERRIFYING MONSTERS FROM THE HALLS BELOW?!

9.JPG

Oh. No, it's the book, The Halls Below. It's the hardback Limited Edition, too! This is great!

10.JPG

Whoas! Not only is it signed by Gabe and Tycho (it being my personal mission to get everything I owned signed by Gabe and Tycho, currently including a boxed edition of Precipice Episode 1, a print of a comic, and my copy of Splendid Magic signed only by Jerry because Mike was apparently some sort of ninja at PAX East), but the 37 is not a countdown to my doom - it's an edition number! There's only a thousand of these, ever, and I have one of the double-digits thanks to my awesome Santa! This is not only great, it's also boss and pimp. But what's in the other packet?

11.JPG

It's PATV: Season One! I've been lamenting that I couldn't get hold of it, but never fear - my Santa just reached into my mind and grabbed my thoughts. Now I can watch the lost 4th panels and all the commentaries, and all the easter eggs of Scott's stories that I only found out about yesterday. I've watched a few of the deleted scenes already and it's chortletown. Something else, though:

12.JPG

What, no-one else smells their DVDs? People in the launch thread were saying it smelled of celery, and psh, yeah, right. But it really does smell of celery. What are they putting in our celery, I wonder? PA should release their own brand. And I'd get it signed.

All together now!

13.JPG

Oh, and here's Shrodinger playing with the bags of air that came in the box. Thanks for those, too, Santa! Reveal yourself!

15.JPG

Hey Willeth! I'm glad you liked it, Merry Christmas! =)=)

I thought when I was placing the order that it'd let me attach a message or something, but I went through the whole process and it didn't, so I've been waiting to spring the "surprise!" until after I knew you received it! =)

Wheeee! Thank you, dude! I owe you a big sweaty hug when I see you next.

Yay! Woot! =)=)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That's a big twinkie.

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gifts sent. Can't wait til the 16th-18th!

Cornell002 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    seems today is the day to get your gift on!!

Mighty on
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Forar wrote: »
    So, upon arriving home last night after a long week of being up at 6 in the god damned morning and crashing around midnight (stupid fire alarms permitting), I came upon a package that my building superintendant had grabbed for me, since Fedex is ocassionally pants on head retarded.

Cracking it open, I found three things (which I hope to post at least a pic of later, but the iphone photobucket app appears to have crapped itself);

A note from my generous benefactor of this year!

The Complete Idiots Guide to Private Investigating!

Batman Beyond The Complete Series!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Thank you, TheOtherHorseman! A quick flip through the guide shows that this may well be just what I need to begin making tentative inroads to fighting crime (or at least a little money moonlighting if I ever want to pay off my Visa), and should The Future spring upon me in the coming years, I'll have a handy reference material for dealing with super villains, gangs, and an ocassionally tempermental advanced power armour suit.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Glad it arrived! I saw it had been signed for by not-you, so I had my roommate PM you to ensure it hadn't been stolen on arrival or something. My mind is a suspicious, weaselly thing when it comes to packages and Canada.

I would have liked to prepare a more personalized box, but I err on the size of diverting funds toward gift instead of shipping when things get international.

Merry Christmas!

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Giiiiift Poooooossst

Obligatory cute cat pictures:
    SS01.jpg
    Nibbler Genasi investigates the suspicious new object

SS02.jpg
    The Nibblet approves.

SS03.jpg
    Yoshimitsu Capoeira refuses to allow opening of such a package in the house, when it is clearly not up to cat-code. (and also saves me blurring the label for a few pictures, via cat-butt)

SS04.jpg
    Nibs points out that article 6:2-5b of Cat-code states that all human packages coming in the 12th month are allowed to be opened without any impedement.

SS05.jpg
    Yoshi concedes, under the agreement that she will be the first to investigate the interior.

SS06.jpg
    Appears ok at first glance

SS07.jpg
    Packing materials sufficiently squishy and crunchy sounding

SS08.jpg
    Good depth. Approved for human enjoyment.

Giftage!
    SS09.jpg

The haul! Lots of loots! The note says:
    Happy Holidays!
    Your secret santa is currently deployed in Iraq so thank you for your patience while your gifts arrived for me to wrap & ship! I hope you love it, he had a great time stalking you to make sure you got cool stuff.
    If there is one thing he and I know it is the importance of a happy & healthy relationship so it was extra sweet hearing that you wanted to include your wife! There are a few treats for her inside, too.
    Enjoy!
    WraithXt1
    (via Shynnee)
    Holy crap Santa is a badass! My wife was there watching me open the box, and was very surprised that not only did I mention her in my hints, but that she was included! She was very excited and grateful!

SS10.jpg
    The wife's haul! The funny thing about the label is that she is Mrs. UEAKCrash on here, but she has never posted! I will try to fix that.

LOOOOOOT:
    SS11.jpg
    First two boxes open were a set of Dexter blood slide coasters, and matching glasses! Epic stalking, as I'm not even sure how much I've really posted in the Dexter thread, but Dexter is something my wife and I get excited for every week. Superb giftage, really epic set.
    Also Yoshi got distracted by dirty toes, but was still keeping up her duties.

SS12.jpg
    Holy shit epic tee! Not only one of my favorite games, but that is a sweet design! Perfect style for me! I hadn't even seen this one on thinkgeek yet. Sweet!

SS13.jpg
    Couldn't get a good picture due to where I set it all, but another sweet gift! Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I was always interested in this. Combines my love of drumming and a sweet shirt!
    Yoshi hides in the shadows.

SS14.jpg
    My wife unwrapped her presents to find some pretty sweet gear herself! Most obvious gift, a creeper t-shirt that she didn't get right away until I reminded her about all the times I've yelled playing minecraft, and showed her some pictures. I thought it was hilarious until she told me she was going to sneak up on me in the dark wearing it and hiss.
    Also included was a book called "The Sneaky Book For Girls." the description says "How to perform sneaky magic tricks, escape a grasp, use sneaky codes and ciphers, detect counterfeit currency, and make spy devices, backpacks, and sneaky accessories."
    Third gift that didn't turn out in the picture is a Firejewel necklace. A little clear cube necklace that lights up purple. Looks cool and she loves colors like that, so good pick!

She wanted me to make sure I said how appreciative she was about including her in the gifting. She was disappointed because she missed out on signing up for her forums secret santa on time. Highly appreciated on both our parts!

TL:DR over all swag shot
    SS15.jpg

THANK YOU WRAITHXT1 AND SHYNNEE! EPIC STALKING AND PRESENTS! WE LOVE IT ALL!

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    OK, I had some free time earlier than expected, so, as promised, here are some pics of the kick-ass Space Police set I got from Cameron_Talley!

Here's a nice side view, with both figures in view.

MzrF9.jpg

Here's the other side, with a better view of the cockpit. There were a few decals I had to put on, but the only ones that were kinda hard were the ones on the tailfin. The others weren't too bad.

SUoAk.jpg

The Space Police guy has a reversible head, with two faces! Here's his angry face...

jTotW.jpg

...and here's his, uh, angrier and/or startled face:

wBtKo.jpg

It was actually kind of hard to get good pics of his head because of the light reflection, these two were actually the best out of a whole bunch.

Here's a front view, with the Space Police guy in his vehicle and Rench lurking nearby, waiting for a chance to shoot at something with his BFG:

sottu.jpg

The missiles fire when you push on them from the back.

A really cool set! I couldn't resist putting it together once I found out I had a little extra time to kill. ;)

Norfair on
  • Options
    Mrs. UEAKCrashMrs. UEAKCrash Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Using my first post to say thank you to WraithXt1 and Shynnee for the awesome gifts. I wasn't expecting them, which of course made them that much more awesome. I plan to wear the firejewel to work on Christmas Eve! I think my favorite part was the Dexter coasters because the box design is a very cool reference to the blood slide box. Thank you very much, have an epic Christmas!

Mrs. UEAKCrash on
    Bored Now...
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Giiiiift Poooooossst

SS01.jpg

SS02.jpg
    The Nibblet approves.

SS03.jpg
    Yoshimitsu Capoeira refuses to allow opening of such a package in the house, when it is clearly not up to cat-code. (and also saves me blurring the label for a few pictures, via cat-butt)

SS04.jpg
    Nibs points out that article 6:2-5b of Cat-code states that all human packages coming in the 12th month are allowed to be opened without any impedement.

SS05.jpg
    Yoshi concedes, under the agreement that she will be the first to investigate the interior.

SS06.jpg

SS07.jpg

SS08.jpg

Giftage!
    SS09.jpg

Happy Holidays!
    Your secret santa is currently deployed in Iraq so thank you for your patience while your gifts arrived for me to wrap & ship! I hope you love it, he had a great time stalking you to make sure you got cool stuff.
    If there is one thing he and I know it is the importance of a happy & healthy relationship so it was extra sweet hearing that you wanted to include your wife! There are a few treats for her inside, too.
    Enjoy!
    WraithXt1
    (via Shynnee)
    Holy crap Santa is a badass! My wife was there watching me open the box, and was very surprised that not only did I mention her in my hints, but that she was included! She was very excited and grateful!

SS10.jpg
    The wife's haul! The funny thing about the label is that she is Mrs. UEAKCrash on here, but she has never posted! I will try to fix that.

LOOOOOOT:
    SS11.jpg
    First two boxes open were a set of Dexter blood slide coasters, and matching glasses! Epic stalking, as I'm not even sure how much I've really posted in the Dexter thread, but Dexter is something my wife and I get excited for every week. Superb giftage, really epic set.

SS12.jpg
    Holy shit epic tee! Not only one of my favorite games, but that is a sweet design! Perfect style for me! I hadn't even seen this one on thinkgeek yet. Sweet!

SS13.jpg
    Couldn't get a good picture due to where I set it all, but another sweet gift! Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I was always interested in this. Combines my love of drumming and a sweet shirt!

SS14.jpg
    My wife unwrapped her presents to find some pretty sweet gear herself! Most obvious gift, a creeper t-shirt that she didn't get right away until I reminded her about all the times I've yelled playing minecraft, and showed her some pictures. I thought it was hilarious until she told me she was going to sneak up on me in the dark wearing it and hiss.
    Also included was a book called "The Sneaky Book For Girls." the description says "How to perform sneaky magic tricks, escape a grasp, use sneaky codes and ciphers, detect counterfeit currency, and make spy devices, backpacks, and sneaky accessories."
    Third gift that didn't turn out in the picture is a Firejewel necklace. A little clear cube necklace that lights up purple. Looks cool and she loves colors like that, so good pick!

She wanted me to make sure I said how appreciative she was about including her in the gifting. She was disappointed because she missed out on signing up for her forums secret santa on time. Highly appreciated on both our parts!

SS15.jpg

That Dexter Merch is very cool. Well done Wraithxt1 and Shynnee

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Norfair wrote: »
    OK, I had some free time earlier than expected, so, as promised, here are some pics of the kick-ass Space Police set I got from Cameron_Talley!

Here's a nice side view, with both figures in view.

MzrF9.jpg

Here's the other side, with a better view of the cockpit. There were a few decals I had to put on, but the only ones that were kinda hard were the ones on the tailfin. The others weren't too bad.

SUoAk.jpg

The Space Police guy has a reversible head, with two faces! Here's his angry face...

jTotW.jpg

...and here's his, uh, angrier and/or startled face:

wBtKo.jpg

It was actually kind of hard to get good pics of his head because of the light reflection, these two were actually the best out of a whole bunch.

Here's a front view, with the Space Police guy in his vehicle and Rench lurking nearby, waiting for a chance to shoot at something with his BFG:

sottu.jpg

The missiles fire when you push on them from the back.

A really cool set! I couldn't resist putting it together once I found out I had a little extra time to kill. ;)

I've never been able to get those missles to fire right! I like this little set for its "Swooshability" (That's when you fly it around the room, 'swooshing'"). If you want you can flip the wings around so the fat part is in the front for a more hot-rod look).

Cameron_Talley on
  • Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Looks like we've got a steady flow of gift posts coming in now! :D
    Feels so Christmassy in here!

Watched Christmas Vacation, today, too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X0Trv7vOn0

Dawasaurus on
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    your gift is sent, Santee! It should be arriving between the 16th and 18th.

elevature on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This is just the best Secret Santa in the world. I've just been telling LewieP's Daddy about the lovely, thoughtful and well-stalked presents people have received, he's extremely impressed!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm curious, does LewieP's Daddy know about LewieP's Stepdad?

:mrgreen:

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There's a box for me at home!!

The font on the "To:" label is in TEAM FORTRESS 2 font! (my wife sent me a picture).

THE END OF THE WORK DAY CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH YOU GUYS.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, this is the worst time of Secrent Santa(and i'm using 'worse' losely) every day I get home hoping that a box is waiting for me AND I keep checking on the tracking hoping my stuff has been delivered to my Santee.

But at least this thread keeps me in good cheer.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thanks to Arikado for the Dragon Age: Origins: Ultimo: Supar 1337 edition :P

I'm a big Bioware fan, but hadn't managed to play DA:O yet thanks to needing a better PC for a while. This should make a great way to break in the new PC. And hmmm, my wife is going to visit her parents this weekend. What's that? Start that download now? What an excellent idea!

Ketar on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ketar wrote: »
    Thanks to Arikado for the Dragon Age: Origins: Ultimo: Supar 1337 edition :P

I'm a big Bioware fan, but hadn't managed to play DA:O yet thanks to needing a better PC for a while. This should make a great way to break in the new PC. And hmmm, my wife is going to visit her parents this weekend. What's that? Start that download now? What an excellent idea!

Make sure someone is home on Monday. That's all I'm saying.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gift sent today Santee. :D

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My santa may notice that the UPS tracking has suddenly changed to shipping it to a new address. Since UPS blows ass and only delivers when I'm at work, I have forwarded it to work. Look for a gift get post hopefully Monday night. Thanks!

shadowane on
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Giiiiift Poooooossst

SS01.jpg

SS02.jpg
    The Nibblet approves.

SS03.jpg

SS04.jpg

SS05.jpg

SS06.jpg

SS07.jpg

SS08.jpg

Giftage!
    SS09.jpg

Happy Holidays!
    Enjoy!
    WraithXt1
    (via Shynnee)

SS10.jpg

LOOOOOOT:
    SS11.jpg

SS12.jpg

SS13.jpg

SS14.jpg

SS15.jpg

This is probably the best set of cat-gift-inspection-committee pictures yet. :D

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.