As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rape [Chat]

Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited December 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
Brassica napus, also known as rape or rapeseed, is a flowering variety of the mustard family. Notable things that come from rape is canola!

Behold, fields of rape!

800px-Rapeseed_field.jpg

Here's a close-up of rape!

373px-Brassica_napus_2.jpg

Let our joyous celebration of rape begin!

Premier kakos on

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    One day I will be able to resurrect my word [chat].

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    canola chat

Nerdgasmic on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You know, they made LoL to be a faster paced game. Gold income, lack of denying.

But really, games tend to stalemate faster, and for longer.

That's all.

bushes are a good idea, buffs from creeps are a good idea, dragon is a good idea. I like denies, they make the start of the game less boring. Their set of 5 or 6 stats that all items influence, and no disable items or blink items, or invis items, or summon items, etc, really makes the game a lot more boring for me. I also think almost all of their heroes are simple to play and boring compared to either HoN or DotA.

I'm indifferent about the change from "team fights are important but if you farm enough you can beat errybody at once" to "team fights team fights TEAM FIGHTS."

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am in-state for UVA and Georgetown. I don't particularly want to live in Louisiana, so Tulane will have to be pretty good for me to consider going there. Georgetown's one-year MA in American Government looks pretty good, I have to say.

Captain Carrot on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Warning: the following YouTube video is fucking awful. Don't watch it.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I kind of want to try HoN or DotA now.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    what's up

just spent four hours defacing a book for my secret santa

Rent on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh good a rape thread! It's been too long.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Richy wrote: »

Truly. It's not often enough that we get to talk about that wonderful plant known as rape.

Premier kakos on
    edited December 2010
    One day I should try HoN or load up dota since I own war3. Though the idea of denies seems just a way to slow the game and not a huge bonus to me. Not a huge fan of x champion becoming a destructive god and like the team fight idea. The lack of the items you describe though actually I think is a minus on lol's side.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Richy wrote: »

tl;dr - Past consent is future consent.

JamesKeenan on
  • RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh good lord.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
    edited December 2010
    I think I like Tube's rule that we're never having another rape thread ever. I hope he puts it in a sticky.

Feral on

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    To be fair, Nerdgasmic, you are pretty white; even compared to a Canadian.

Thanatos on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Feral wrote: »

you should try LoL instead

Nerdgasmic on
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Feral plays LoL, Nerd.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Remastered Beatles, mmmmm

I love good sound quality

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I played a game of LoL after having played HoN for months, and it didn't really grab me. It all seemed slow and kind of clunky.

But I can see people enjoying it more, because sometimes HoN has fights where everything explodes in light and effects and everyone is dead and you have no idea what just happened.

Which is actually something I liked about LoL, the 'This is what killed you' notice. Very helpful in a game where one of your main goals is to know what every damn character in the game is capable of.

Asharaxx on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I hereby consent to be raped.

Dunadan019 on
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

I like LoL but only when I play with D&D people. Playing with other PA people is shitty.

Solo queuing is okay most of time because it's easier to ignore strangers when they're not on vent.

Feral on

edited December 2010
    My problem with HoN is I have to pay to try it and I hear the community is as bad as LoL's. If we got 10 or whatever number of folks it is for DoTA I would try that again. I played its early predecessors like the hero arenas and such.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    HoN and DotA have their own legitimate problems. First of all, HoN is better, DotA is free. That said, the biggest downside to the games is that the learning curve is a lot steeper and making a mistake is a bit easier to do and a bit harder to recover from.

edit: regarding what mazzyx said, you all have probably noticed that though I own a game that is much, much, better than LoL (even if the design decisions are a push, LoL is buggy and shitty code and HoN is very polished), I play LoL a lot more because gaming is a social activity for me and you all play LoL.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

what if i have a pneumatic drill as a penis

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    jakobagger on
    edited December 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

what if i have a pneumatic drill as a penis

Distance is the equalizer here.

Dunadan019 on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tulane has suspended its Poli Sci MA program. Well, scratch that, then.

Captain Carrot on
    edited December 2010
    Oh, and once you buy HoN for thirty dollars you get to play all of the heroes forever. But there is no summoner level system or rune system or mastery system. Masteries I think are a good idea, the other stuff not so much.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited December 2010
    Oh, and once you buy HoN for thirty dollars you get to play all of the heroes forever. But there is no summoner level system or rune system or mastery system. Masteries I think are a good idea, the other stuff not so much.

Summoner levels are kind of dumb.

But I generally think that levels are kind of dumb most of the time.

Feral on

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If you're making webcomics because you think you're going to do that for a living, you're a fucking idiot.

Thanatos on
    edited December 2010
    I am with you on that Feral.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited December 2010
    If I got the chance to play HoN before having to play for it, a trial of some sort and such would be nice. I played LoL for ages before even consider giving them any money at all.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited December 2010
    I'm thinking about playing LoL

Dunadan019 on
    edited December 2010
    I just saw the same two raccoons as earlier!

Feral on

edited December 2010
    I'm thinking about playing LoL

Only play with folks in vent specifically the d&d folks. The general lol community is full of toxic dickwads.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited December 2010
    I am with you on that Feral.

I like masteries but I see no reason why you should have to earn levels to unlock them. (Or talents in WoW for that matter.)

That's like a chess game where you don't get to have bishops until you've clocked 40 hours playing it.

Feral on

edited December 2010
    I am not a fan of unlocking them in a game like LoL. In things like WoW though I understand since it gives you something every time you level up in a game based on making you wanting to play longer to pay for more.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited December 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am not a fan of unlocking them in a game like LoL. In things like WoW though I understand since it gives you something every time you level up in a game based on making you wanting to play longer to pay for more.

I'd play more if I started with all the talents available to me.

I might have kept playing!

Feral on

edited December 2010
    I do feel like LoL would be a lot better if they had more true tanks and fewer fake tanks.

Going up against a team of five fake tanks is the worst thing ever.

Feral on

• AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    The general community of any DotA-type game is full of toxic goosewads.

Asharaxx on
This discussion has been closed.