As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Un]Official PA WH40K Gaming League! Season 3: Round Robin

• susansusan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hmm... Thursday? You free Thursday afternoon? I'm off from work 3pm PST (6pm Eastern) that day, so that one ought to work.

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That is probable.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • SageofTimesSageofTimes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok, Moridin, Tuesday through Friday, what times are you free? Lets get this finished.

Also, Susan, if you're done quickly with Law, want to hammer out a quick game ourselves?

SageofTimes on
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Alright Ben, I'll try to be on at around 6 CST, though I may be a little late depending on if I can get dinner made in time.

Simpsonia on
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Best bet to get to me is Thursday night after 7pm Central. They switched my work schedule around on me and I've been on the road too much to play.

Moridin889 on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Skarsol, I'm hanging out in Vassal now if you can hop on. If not, we can try tomorrow.

Extreaminatus on
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Im online simpsonia. Just finishing up my 500pt auxillary then I'll be ready to go.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    edited December 2010
    Well, my Boss is making me stay 'til 5pm after all on Thursday; you free then Law?

susan on
  • HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My list

Huntzy on
    edited December 2010
    5 pm PST is when I'd like to start a game!

TheLawinator on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Skarsol, I'm hanging out in Vassal now if you can hop on. If not, we can try tomorrow.

Just gmail me when you're on. I'm not at my computer a lot of the time to check vassal but that will beep my phone.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited December 2010
    I didn't see you online last night before I had to go to bed, Ben. I most likely won't be able to finish up our game tonight. What are your upcoming days looking like?

Simpsonia on
    edited December 2010
    Game start!

TheLawinator on
    edited December 2010
    im EST btw and sharp wanna stomp me?

Huntzy on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok!

I'm busy Saturday night and maybe Friday night. Might have to wait until next week depending on a few other things that might happen sunday or monday... :)

Might be able to work around your schedule though! When are you available?

Sharp101 on
    edited December 2010
    And the conclusion of the heretical Tau and the righteous Blood Ravens slug-fest has ground to a halt.

Mission: Seize Ground (5 objectives)

Deployment: Dawn of War

The Death Company charged onto the field early, quickly claiming one of the objectives and turned the whole game corner into No-Man's land for the rest of the game, their inhuman rage deterring the Tau as well as their chainswords.

In other news, a cult was found among the Tech-magis in charge of the Predators, for as soon as battle was joined, their engines stalled, never to start again until long after the smoke cleared.

When the sun set, and silence fell, the Tau had held their corner, but the BA had the rest of the field.

2 points to 1. Blood Angel Victory

BA MVP: The lone assault seargeant who survived the hideous barrage that decimated the rest of his squad, his razorback and another razorback, standing firmly next to his objective, the fury of the xenos guns no match for his faith in the Emperor.

Tau MVP: The Pathfinders whose technosorcery claimed many battlebrothers lives, making them easy targets for Xeno munitions.

Moridin889 on
    edited December 2010
    Cancelled my main assault to try to take out two other positions. Could have held a draw w/ contests and better vehicle shooting (or a win if I'd not changed my mind). None the less, decent game. Susan, Extreaminatus, I challenge both of you (one of you can ignore it if you feel like it).

SageofTimes on
    edited December 2010
    I am winner! Celebration time!

TheLawinator on
    edited December 2010
    work is ballocs!

im free friday and saturday for sure, simpsonia. let's get this wrapped up.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Table with match history:
    parr.jpg
    Go down the list to find your name then look across to find the result per opponent.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited December 2010
    What time's are you free Ben? I'm available pretty much anytime today as long as it's not too late to go out. And pretty much any time tomorrow afternoon.

Edit: Moridin, you mentioned that your Death Company claimed an objective. Is that just hyperbole or... since Death Company never count as scoring in the new codex.

Simpsonia on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Cancelled my main assault to try to take out two other positions. Could have held a draw w/ contests and better vehicle shooting (or a win if I'd not changed my mind). None the less, decent game. Susan, Extreaminatus, I challenge both of you (one of you can ignore it if you feel like it).

I accept! As soon as I get in my game with Skarsol. Got the internet working again, so hopefully we can get it in tonight, Skarsol!

Extreaminatus on
    edited December 2010
    Let's set it up for 4pm PST / 6pm CST simpsonia.
    Or even an hour or two earlier if you prefer.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I accept! As soon as I get in my game with Skarsol. Got the internet working again, so hopefully we can get it in tonight, Skarsol!

Alas, hockey game tonight! I'll be home around 10ish CST though if you wanna get at least some of the game in then.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited December 2010
    Alright, I'm working from home today so let me see if I can't wrap up my work early today. I'll let you know.

Simpsonia on
    edited December 2010
    i am available from like 3 to 10

Huntzy on
    edited December 2010
    ElderCat wrote: »
    parr.jpg
    Go down the list to find your name then look across to find the result per opponent.

We not keeping track of the losses?

susan on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Are sign-ups over for this or can I jump in? I just downloaded Vassal and need some guys to play with...

Halos Nach Tariff on
    edited December 2010
    Jump in.

TheLawinator on
    edited December 2010
    Alright apparently I had very little to do today haha. I'll just chill in Vassal till I see you on Ben.

Simpsonia on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jump in.

Awesome, I'll post a list up later.

Halos Nach Tariff on
    edited December 2010
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    What time's are you free Ben? I'm available pretty much anytime today as long as it's not too late to go out. And pretty much any time tomorrow afternoon.

Edit: Moridin, you mentioned that your Death Company claimed an objective. Is that just hyperbole or... since Death Company never count as scoring in the new codex.

Hyperbole. I consider a Drop Pod, a DC dreadnought with Blood Talons, and a Reclusiarch-led group of DC alone in a corner controlling. Yeah sure, it's not points for me, but neither is it for them.

Moridin889 on
    edited December 2010
    Im on as well, simpsonia. lets go ahead and finish up.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    susan wrote: »
    ElderCat wrote: »
    parr.jpg

We not keeping track of the losses?

Right ... that would be helpful.

Refresh.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited December 2010
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Simpsonia wrote: »

Hyperbole. I consider a Drop Pod, a DC dreadnought with Blood Talons, and a Reclusiarch-led group of DC alone in a corner controlling. Yeah sure, it's not points for me, but neither is it for them.
    Asset-denial, or denying an objective.

SageofTimes on
    edited December 2010
    so the word of the day is not Timidnids but TYRANids.

annihilation spearhead, didnt charge the valley like i should have with a swarm of the unrelenting monsters in my command.

blood angel dev's had fun exploding things.

also, should have used stealers... lots and lots of stealers

game goes to simpsonia

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    edited December 2010
    You used my word!

TheLawinator on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Huntzy wrote: »
    i am available from like 3 to 10

You around now?

I'll be around tomorrow too I think.

Sharp101 on
    edited December 2010
    The might of the Greater Good cannot be denied! Though Exteaminatus' Dark Eldar eventually caused mayhem within Tau lines, their loses across the board meant their raid would end in failure, if not death.

I blew enough of his units apart that, due to LD tests gone wrong, many DE ran before their time. At my insistence, Natus stayed till then end of T 3 (he was going to concede once I'd blown apart everything except for one raider of wracks, his HQ + Aboms, and some more Wracks near his lines. He probably would have destroyed my Broadsides & commander, but the difference in losses was just too much.

Anyone here can throw out MVPs if they like, I'd say Natus' HQ + Aboms was his (because everything else did almost nothing :/), my whole force did decently.

SageofTimes on
    edited December 2010
    Alrighty, I'm going to join this league if no one minds. I will be using Dark Eldar as I've never used them before and I figure it'll be good practice...
    So here is my 1020pt Core:

Kabal of the Black Harvest

HQ
    •1 Archon @110pts
    -Shadow Field, Agoniser

Elites
    •3 Grotesques, 1 Abberation @235pts
    -Liquifier Gun, Venom Blade, Raider w/ Flicker Field

Troops
    •10 Warriors @170pts
    -Splinter Cannon, Raider w/ Flicker Field
    •10 Warriors @170pts
    -Splinter Cannon, Raider w/ Flicker Field
    •9 Wyches, 1 Hekatrix @220pts
    -2 Hydra Gauntlets, Agoniser, Raider w/ Flicker Field

Heavy Support
    •1 Ravager @115pts
    -Flicker Field

Total:1020pts

Probably not a very competitive list, but hopefully it'll be fun to play with.

I'll only be available sporadically for the next week as I've got a far quantity of work to get through. But most nights after ~9pm GMT should be alright for playing.

Halos Nach Tariff on