As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: RIP Sunfire Garen, 12-14-2010. You will be missed.

• Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My last four games as singed were 14/5/19, 13/2/10, 11/1/9 and 9/0/13, all wins. I have certainly had plenty of losses, but I think I am pretty competent with him. Playing recklessly is certainly part of the appeal, but it also makes him a pretty hit or miss champion. You will usually do pretty well or pretty poorly. He has that in common with tanks, though I don't really see him as one.

He can be tough to play, he is one of the glitchiest characters I think, though this may largely be just because of lag. There have been many times where there is no question about my orientation to the player I am trying to throw but it will throw them in front of me instead of behind me. Often times people will blame you for their deaths as well. Not too long ago I was playing a game and we had one pubby on our team, an Ashe who wasn't doing particularly well. Xin was pounding on her and chasing her straight to the turret, I threw him into her path, but she was already dead...there was no saving her. All I did was change the situation for Xin and make it harder for him to escape, as well as force him to take a couple of tower shots to finish her off. You just have to make those decisions and roll with it.

One thing you should really pay attention to when you start playing singed is auto-attacking. It can be very easy to get into a mode of running around poisoning slowing and tossing everyone, you pretty much never stop moving. But if you aren't auto-attacking all the time, especially when your ult is on you are foregoing a ton of damage. Don't neglect your other abilities but make sure you are hitting people when you can. Thats one of the things that took me the longest to get used to.

Fling is a great ability, but his best ability is probably adhesive. You really have to learn to lead your target with it, and use it at the right times in team fights. If you see fiddles about to ult into a fight just put the glue under them and its hilarious. I don't know, I just love that people are talking about singed and it got me excited because I enjoy playing him so much.

SINGED IS THE BEST.

rts on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    singed.png

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    cakemikz wrote: »
    One thing you should really pay attention to when you start playing singed is auto-attacking. It can be very easy to get into a mode of running around poisoning slowing and tossing everyone, you pretty much never stop moving.

I always stress this when giving people Singed tips.

He does some pretty ballin' DPS with his ult.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    veigerlife.jpg

Me IRL

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Holy shit Zen, that is funnier than it has any right being. I nearly choked on my water.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    This should be in the OP

mylife.jpg

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i love veigar

unintentional on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Guys.

Hey guys.

Hexdrinker is the most awesome item.

Discuss.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    I wish riot could get singed's va to record a few "I'M SINGED"s that would randomly play whenever you do anything as singed

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    YiMalady.png

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Gary

Pro Veigar strat within

only pros need apply
    veiger2.jpg

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Where are you guys finding all these comics?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Guys.

Hey guys.

Discuss.
    I always buy one with Trundle. Always.

So much fun to watch magic people freak when their super combo stops just short of killing me then my ult heals me back while my contaminated club whack-a-moles them into the ground.

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcA1c8rlzgQ

"Oh wait he's Singed! Fuck!"

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Stragint wrote: »
    So flat armor yellows over armor per level?
    Yes.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

:lol:

I love the spin to win song on the front page www.4chansucks.com

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thank you Nerdgasmic.
    LoLgeneral2.jpg

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Caenem wrote: »
    Guys.

Hey guys.

Discuss.
    I always buy one with Trundle. Always.

So much fun to watch magic people freak when their super combo stops just short of killing me then my ult heals me back while my contaminated club whack-a-moles them into the ground.

I was testing it for a while with Tristana, but it wasn't until my last game that it suddenly became clear just how awesome it was. In short, what happened is I got ganked by both Malphite and Irelia and said Hexdrinker tanked the entirety of Irelia's ult. Not to mention it's an item that gives AD and magic resist.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Thank you Nerdgasmic.
    LoLgeneral2.jpg

I was coming to post that, too.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nothing beats this one.
    singedrunningawayfrommu.jpg

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I need to get surfer singed

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just bought it, looks much better in game than the artwork would imply.

rts on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I need to get surfer singed

I gots it. It's pretty awesome. Just no alternate voice track. :(

Makes me sad.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ugh. Lost a bunch of ranked games, dropped down to the mid-1400s again, slogged my way back to 1501 with some hard-fought, nail-biting wins.

Now I'm trying to decide whether to quit while I'm just slightly behind where I started, or risk playing one more and try to get ahead.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    Ugh. Lost a bunch of ranked games, dropped down to the mid-1400s again, slogged my way back to 1501 with some hard-fought, nail-biting wins.

Now I'm trying to decide whether to quit while I'm just slightly behind where I started, or risk playing one more and try to get ahead.

If you want an advice, if you're gonna play one more game, don't play that game in the middle of the night. I pretty much did that and teammates wise the result wasn't pretty at all. As in games so bad and players so awful at everything (attitudes AND playstyle), it pretty much was a clear cut definition of the fabled Elo Hell.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    facetious wrote: »
    Relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcA1c8rlzgQ

"Oh wait he's Singed! Fuck!"

Too much nerd voice screeching for me to enjoy that video.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Random comment: Been having alot more fun with Lux using a build I saw Roku using

Sheen
    Boots
    DFG or Zhonya's or Lichbane
    whatever you didn't build before
    defenses as necessary

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Random comment: Been having alot more fun with Lux using a build I saw Roku using

Sheen
    Boots
    defenses as necessary

this is his burst-y build, right?

i played with this yesterday, it's soooo fun

i do wish i knew his rune/mastery setups for it, i wonder if it's just typical mage stuff

interrobang on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

If you want an advice, if you're gonna play one more game, don't play that game in the middle of the night. I pretty much did that and teammates wise the result wasn't pretty at all. As in games so bad and players so awful at everything (attitudes AND playstyle), it pretty much was a clear cut definition of the fabled Elo Hell.

Yeah, that's why I ultimately decided not to. Once you get to the early morning hours like this games tend to be much more one-sided and more often having irritating people in them like you said. I feel like it's a coin-flip whether I'd be the one getting stomped or on the steamrolling team.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Yeah, that's why I ultimately decided not to. Once you get to the early morning hours like this games tend to be much more one-sided and more often having irritating people in them like you said. I feel like it's a coin-flip whether I'd be the one getting stomped or on the steamrolling team.

I queued up for a ranked game a few minutes ago.

"Hello"
    "Fuck you, shut the fuck up and play"

I saved myself the trouble and left.

kedinik on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    He was only trying to be friendly.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I see what you did there.

kedinik on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »

Sheen
    Boots
    defenses as necessary

this is his burst-y build, right?

i played with this yesterday, it's soooo fun

i do wish i knew his rune/mastery setups for it, i wonder if it's just typical mage stuff
    I'm running standard caster, but I've heard he uses mp5/level blues instead of flat cdr

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Roku has way too much fun playing as Lux.

He's basically giggling like a maniac the whole game every time he picks her.

OremLK on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    holy shit, is this unplayably laggy for anyone else right now?

i made a practice game to fuck around with burst lux and i have like a four-second delay on everything

interrobang on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

You know, I just did a game at this moment and well, here are the results: no tanks, and a Janna that was so clearly trolling her team it wasn't funny.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So... how do I Udyr? Been meaning on buying him for a while. But hey, sale.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

You know, I just did a game at this moment and well, here are the results: no tanks, and a Janna that was so clearly trolling her team it wasn't funny.

I got a Taric that wouldn't let Ryze, Kog'Maw or Anivia go mid. I begged him to let one of us have it, and he refused to leave. All he did was stack sunfires, and none of our carries could kill anything. I wanted to scream at him until my throat was raw.

I wish I could believe that it's possible to get out of this ELO range, and I want to believe even more that there's a place where there aren't bad players and every game is honestly a well-played, fun game. Watching TreeEskimo and Roku streams lately have shown me that this will never be true. Solo queue has been, and seems like it always will be, a soul-sucking, life force-crushing experience.

I just want to play this game and have fun.

Kristmas Kthulhu on