As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I received your message Santa and sent you my current address. But its a gamble as to whether it will get to me in time, depending on if you're sending from oversees.

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santee... you are getting your stuff sent out via priority today. Prepare to receive package.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A large Amazon box appeared by my desk, and I don't recall ordering anything. Could it be my gift? We'll have to wait for this evening to find out! (And for me to find my camera's PC link cable.)

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    reeeeeessssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeee.
    reeeeeessssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeee.

?? What now?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Got my gift! Thanks Kyougu. I'm not going to open it until I get home from work later so I'll post pictures and everything then.

shadowane on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wooooo gift get and late post!
    5258077547_6c80b7f1e6_z.jpg

Got this last week from HardTarget. Thanks man! You did perfect! I actually love the hell out of the DC animated movie series. I've seen under the red hood, but I don't own it. I had last week off on vacation to take care of some stuff and I was able to watch the green lantern already! Awesome picks!

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That's an awesome haul. Those are the best DC animated stuff that's been put.

And glad the stuff got to you Shadowane. Hope you like the stuff in there.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Phew, it's been a few days but the Twitter is all caught up and there have seen seriously generous gifts up in here. I love you guys and gals!

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GIFT GET WOO
    1-11.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    3-11.jpg
    4-9.jpg
    5-7.jpg
    6-6.jpg
    7-4.jpg
    8-3.jpg

Sorry if the pics were too big. Also not pictured was a bunch more candy stuff like a huge chocolate egg with a puzzle inside. Thank ya muchly Radiation you are a superb Santa. Goldeneye is really fun and I will be playing this one for a good while. Those hippo candies were so friggin scrumptious that words do not express. Thank you Radiation for the box of bundled awesomeness.

Again, excellent job stalking and I had to wonder if you had come across this in my Facebook.
    bondstats.jpg

Also I shipped my gift out today so though it's a tad late, I hope it finds my recipient well! Happy Xmas peeps.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Cool! Goldeneye! Excellent gift.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So much awesome Christmas cheer in here!

(Yes, I AM just posting to show off my awesome new Christmas avatar. Why do you ask?)

Imperfect on
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Okay, Santee, you're gift is sitting on your doorstep AS WE SPEAK. If you are a santee and haven't received your gift yet, go home IMMEDIATELY and see if its you. :)

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I have four fucking feet of snow that makes my drive to work take about 10 times as long as it should and gets my socks wet and makes it impossible to do anything at all...

...so feel free to come by and take some!

Try cycling 11 miles through the damn stuff. Though we haven't had it that deep, probably about 2 foot at most in places.

Try breathing when it's 50ºc.

Or thinking.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So santa, I just found out that my postal officer carrier person sucks balls and lost a package from amazon for me from my wife. If you sent something already, PLEASE proxy me. If you haven't no biggie, I just don't want to lose more than I already have.

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    also, goldeneye, cool game yo. Lots of dust on those other places though.

belligerent on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    no dusting is not something that I do

ever

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif

A package arrived while I was trundling home from gorging on sushi!

BUT WHAT COULD IT BE?

Perhaps I will recruit the aid of a loyal servant to assess the situation?
    DSCF0573.jpg

Or not, he doesn't seem to give a shit.

Let's try a less loyal servant, who had to be coerced into checking the box for pressure-sensitive explosives by surrounding the thing with treats.

DSCF0563.jpg

Ah, excellent.

BUT WHAT LIES WITHIN?
    DSCF0566.jpg

Hellboy! Awesome! I've been wanting to read this! Even though it's the only thing included in the gift, it is good enough for m-...

wait, what's this?

GIFT IS UNDERGOING MITOSIS
    DSCF0567.jpg

DSCF0568.jpg

And now they are combining their powers in a Captain Planet-esque fashion to form additional gift!

DSCF0569.jpg

THIS GIFTBOX IS THOROUGHLY AWES
    DSCF0570.jpg

jesus

gift voltron is complete

THIS IS SO GREAT, THANK YOU SANTA!

I've wanted the Hellboy comics for so long but never gotten around to getting them, perhaps realizing that even thinking about it for too long made me want to sink countless hours creating a paranormal superheroes setting for Mutants and Masterminds. Thanks for enabling me. As for Old Man's War, that is definitely a savvy Santa-choice! It's one of those books that I had a vague awareness that it was considered excellent, but for some reason have never so much as checked it out of a library.

Summoner Wars was also a great choice! I had ended up getting a bunch of Summoner Wars stuff about a month back, but it is still a phenomenally appreciated gift because now I have a shitload more cards for deckbuilding and pitting an army against itself.

yesssss

Unveil yourself and accept my bubbling praise!

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So santa, I just found out that my postal officer carrier person sucks balls and lost a package from amazon for me from my wife. If you sent something already, PLEASE proxy me. If you haven't no biggie, I just don't want to lose more than I already have.

If you haven't already, contact Amazon. They are super cool about stuff like this and will definitely resend the package.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    no dusting is not something that I do

ever

So many negatives in this sentence..........
    scanners.jpg

Edit:

I did talk to amazon and they are sending it to me with 1 day shipping (had to talk to two different people, one guy was trying to see if I was lying, I guess) But now I've 'ruined' the suprise because the wife was too upset to deal with everything. Very frustrating--not on amazon, though, love them.

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif

BUT WHAT COULD IT BE?

DSCF0573.jpg

Let's try a less loyal servant, who had to be coerced into checking the box for pressure-sensitive explosives by surrounding the thing with treats.

DSCF0563.jpg

Ah, excellent.

BUT WHAT LIES WITHIN?
    DSCF0566.jpg

Hellboy! Awesome! I've been wanting to read this! Even though it's the only thing included in the gift, it is good enough for m-...

wait, what's this?

DSCF0567.jpg

DSCF0568.jpg

And now they are combining their powers in a Captain Planet-esque fashion to form additional gift!

DSCF0569.jpg

DSCF0570.jpg

jesus

gift voltron is complete

I've wanted the Hellboy comics for so long but never gotten around to getting them, perhaps realizing that even thinking about it for too long made me want to sink countless hours creating a paranormal superheroes setting for Mutants and Masterminds. Thanks for enabling me. As for Old Man's War, that is definitely a savvy Santa-choice! It's one of those books that I had a vague awareness that it was considered excellent, but for some reason have never so much as checked it out of a library.

Summoner Wars was also a great choice! I had ended up getting a bunch of Summoner Wars stuff about a month back, but it is still a phenomenally appreciated gift because now I have a shitload more cards for deckbuilding and pitting an army against itself.

yesssss

:) Glad you enjoy it. Also, props to Doc and company for another Santa Tri-Force. Good idea, that.

P.S. There should have been gift notes for each item...

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Kendrik wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

BUT WHAT COULD IT BE?

DSCF0573.jpg

DSCF0563.jpg

Ah, excellent.

BUT WHAT LIES WITHIN?
    DSCF0566.jpg

wait, what's this?

DSCF0567.jpg

DSCF0568.jpg

DSCF0569.jpg

DSCF0570.jpg

jesus

gift voltron is complete

yesssss

:) Glad you enjoy it. Also, props to Doc and company for another Santa Tri-Force. Good idea, that.

P.S. There should have been gift notes for each item...

Yes! The notes arrived with the gifts, but weren't as photogenic because the numbered list was presented out of order by Amazon's automated processing fairies. I would have taken more time for giftpost-processing but am in the midst of finals*. You were wise to assume that a single TPB would simply awaken a vicious, insatiable hunger.

you are terrible for giving me this great stuff when I need to study

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    TheOtherHorseman, you are in for a treat with Old Man's War. Judge-Z gifted it to me, and I just finished reading it today. It was excellent from start to finish. He has cursed me, however, because now I have to go buy the other books set in the same universe.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    jclast wrote: »
    TheOtherHorseman, you are in for a treat with Old Man's War. Judge-Z gifted it to me, and I just finished reading it today. It was excellent from start to finish. He has cursed me, however, because now I have to go buy the other books set in the same universe.

I didn't know there were other books in the universe until you said that.

the curse spreads like a foreboding cloud

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

None of the other books pack quite the punch that Old Man's War does, but all are definitely worth reading. Also, Scalzi has a Novella called The God Engines thats quite good, too. Agent to the Stars and The Android's Dream are incredibly fun reads as well. I guess I'm saying that if John Scalzi wrote it, you'll probably enjoy it. :)

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

None of the other books pack quite the punch that Old Man's War does, but all are definitely worth reading. Also, Scalzi has a Novella called The God Engines thats quite good, too. Agent to the Stars and The Android's Dream are incredibly fun reads as well. I guess I'm saying that if John Scalzi wrote it, you'll probably enjoy it. :)

YES!

The number of disciples to the Scalzi grows!

Seriously, people, you get a Santee that likes to read, you could do far worse than gifting Old Man's War. Buy two copies and gift yourself!

I agree the later books do not pack the same punch, but they are far better than most books in the genre. OMW just sets the bar so damn high.

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Judge-Z wrote: »

YES!

Seriously, people, you get a Santee that likes to read, you could do far worse than gifting Old Man's War. Buy two copies and gift yourself!

I agree the later books do not pack the same punch, but they are far better than most books in the genre. OMW just sets the bar so damn high.

Truly, he does. I've read ALOT of Starship Troopers homages and none has ever even come close to OMW.

Not to mention we're talking about someone who takes part of his pay in BACON. You almost have to buy a book at that point.

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oooo, I've been proxy the elf'd! About my likes and dislikes!! Exciting!!!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    TSI|AwesomeTSI|Awesome Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ?

uIsjF.jpg

!
    Ok, I was considering using punctuation like that for the entire post but I figure that would have ran dry quickly. But, still, !

kyrkB.jpg

Hey, that's not fair, I post more than...wait. This is my first post in this thread. I think you have a point. Still, those gifts sound interesting, let's see gift number-

gdM2t.jpg

Darksiders! But it's it suppose to be wrapped? Oh right, I guess I forgot to take a picture of it wrapped. If it means anything, I managed to guess it before I opened it even if I didn't take the picture.

EYQbo.jpg

This, however, I didn't! Kingdom Come is one of those books I've always vaguely heard from people I know that like comics that it's really good. So it's probably really good! That's good, right? Here's a picture of it wrapped if you would like to try to guess what it is:

2IBYO.jpg

Let me know how you do! And finally...

ExAGP.jpg

Wow! They're so delicious. And so square. So...perfectly square. I haven't figured out why they're "surprise" cookies yet. I'll try some more later and try to figure it out.

Thanks Shadowane!

TSI|Awesome on
    63.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm glad we're giving candy/food away. It's nice to get people to try new things.

urahonky on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Darksiders is pretty fantastic.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Darksiders, Kingdom Come and brownies!

Mucho jealous as I love all those things yet happy that I have not received them as I already have them :>

Actually I would still be ok with the brownies as you can never have enough of those.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Darksiders is pretty fantastic.

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    At what point should I fear for the safety of my santee's package? :( It was sent out last weekend.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    TSI: The surprise is the peanut butter cups. The recipe calls for 16 cups and monstrous brownies. Instead I use 36 cups and cut normal sized brownies. As a result the cups aren't really a surprise, but the brownies are much better.

Incoming gift get post once I get the pictures together.

shadowane on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Gift Get! Finally! I had to reroute it to my office because UPS is dumb.

A box appears! Cat butt not included.
    package_oskar.jpg

Yes Sir!
    read_me.jpg

Candy! Including a brick that looks like amber but is apparently packed sweet potato. It looks awesome.
    candy.jpg

Kaya inspects the candy. I let her know that it's okay, I know where he lives.
    kaya_inspects.jpg

Graphic novels! I love pictures!
    the_outfit.jpg

spider_man.jpg

ex_machina.jpg

And even more! I can't wait to play this.
    super_scribblenauts.jpg

The haul. You were crazy generous Kyougu.
    motherlode.jpg

Thanks so much dude! This was awesome. I love graphic novels and haven't heard of any of these. I'm so excited to read them. You did a great job stalking me considering like 75% of my posts are related to beer right now. =)

shadowane on
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Judge-Z wrote: »

YES!

Truly, he does. I've read ALOT of Starship Troopers homages and none has ever even come close to OMW.

Not to mention we're talking about someone who takes part of his pay in BACON. You almost have to buy a book at that point.

Glad to see another Whatever reader around here. It's the only blog I read.

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is it weird I knew that it was Kyougu when I saw the candy? :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    shadowane wrote: »
    Gift Get! Finally! I had to reroute it to my office because UPS is dumb.

A box appears! Cat butt not included.
    package_oskar.jpg

Yes Sir!
    read_me.jpg

Candy! Including a brick that looks like amber but is apparently packed sweet potato. It looks awesome.
    candy.jpg

Kaya inspects the candy. I let her know that it's okay, I know where he lives.
    kaya_inspects.jpg

Graphic novels! I love pictures!
    the_outfit.jpg

spider_man.jpg

ex_machina.jpg

And even more! I can't wait to play this.
    super_scribblenauts.jpg

The haul. You were crazy generous Kyougu.
    motherlode.jpg

Thanks so much dude! This was awesome. I love graphic novels and haven't heard of any of these. I'm so excited to read them. You did a great job stalking me considering like 75% of my posts are related to beer right now. =)

I was actually going to get you a personalized Beerstein but the damn place was all sold out and didn't know when they were getting more. So I opted to introduce you to some new comics. UC Spider-Man is probably my favorite comic book right now and that hard cover is a great jumping on point.
    Hope you like the candies too. Word of warning, the one wrapped in red is extremely sweet. Like put you in a comma if your diabetic sweet.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I love super sweet things so awesome. I can't wait.

shadowane on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    At what point should I fear for the safety of my santee's package? :( It was sent out last weekend.

Did you get any sort of tracking for the package? You can always look up if its been delivered.

Santee, I apologize in advance if your present ends up arriving after Christmas. The last piece of your gift is being a bit stubborn in getting here. If it doesn't arrive soon, I will probably abandon it and replace it with another item. Either way, it's going out this week.

Shady3011 on
This discussion has been closed.