As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Return of Snowdriftland

Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Games and Technology
4 years ago, Nintendo Europe sponsored a neat little Advent Calendar/platformer. Every day there was a new level, and when you completed it you got to download a little set of goodies related to a Wii or DS game. It was surprisingly well done with some neat ideas, and was well-liked here. Unfortunately, sometime in January 2007 it was taken down and never heard from again. The same guys worked with Nintendo to do another game for Easter 2007, but it was equally short-lived (although this game, Chick Chick Boom, was recently released on Wii Ware).

Snowdriftland is back. You'll be playing catch-up since it's already December 10th, but it's worth it. It's been 4 years, so I can't remember if the levels themselves have changed. I know the world themes and music are identical and I recognize some of the general ideas being used in the level designs, but I couldn't tell you if it's the same game or not. Then again, if I can't remember, it might as well be a brand new game anyway right? Anyway, play it, enjoy it.

Chris FOM on

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Snowdriftland is back? Why didn't anyone tell me!?

I was one of those who really liked that game. The music was pretty awesome.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    RolloutRollout Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't know why this game's return has been so silent, myself not realizing it was back until today. I was sad it didn't come back 3 years ago, and now, it pops up back with no warning. I think I still have the prizes from last time somewhere.

Looks like they didn't change the plot much, and I'm not sure if the stages are new or just re-using the old ones, but it deserves a play from everyone.

Starting stage 7 with 3 hearts, it's still a fun little platformer. :)

Rollout on
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I played through the first level, and it's definitely just a re-used one. I remember some of the snowflakes that made me pull my hair out back then. It was a fun game though, and people should give it a shot.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    I played through the first level, and it's definitely just a re-used one. I remember some of the snowflakes that made me pull my hair out back then. It was a fun game though, and people should give it a shot.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the exact same game as last time. Still has some awesome music, though. Especially the forest.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    BociBoci Registered User new member
    Ok, this thread is really oooold :) Sorry for digging it out, but all who replied should get the news that we plan to release a remastered version of Mission in Snowdriftland this winter (2021) on Steam. 15 years after its first appearance!

It will have controller support, retouched graphics and many more improvements to the original version. Well, after 15 years you should expect it anyway, right :)

Unfortunately I am not allowed to post a link to the official game website, but you can find it in my signature.

If you would like to support the development of the game, a kickstarter campaign will start in September 1st, too! You can claim original drawings, plushies and other exclusive goodies.