As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PROTOTYPE2]: Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold - Old Klingon Proverb

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    If they set the sequel up so that it runs concurrently to the first game, I'll buy two copies.

Think about it. You're an army guy tasked with defending a base, normal shitty guard job. You have no powers, you're human after all. All of a sudden this thing comes soaring over the walls of the base, morphing as it flies over you. Its become bigger now, a mass of muscle and dark gooey stuff. It lands on the tank, completely decimating it and throwing you back against the wall. You're dazed and stay on the ground. The mass morphs into a hooded man..... Except it has a huge blade for an arm. And then shit gets crazy.

The trailer makes it pretty obvious your character will have powers(well, duh, would be no point otherwise).

Though I guess they could have an intro chapter explaining how he got into his powers.

Dragkonias on
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Two things:

1) I need another copy of this game. I kinda gave my copy to a friend and he kinda traded it for credit at Gamestop. I was kinda fucking mad.

2) Air-tentacle car grab looks like it's going to be such an insanely fun power! I mean, if they set that up so that it grabs any vehicle/large item in the radius and can then be THROWN? Holy shit.

I am so stoked for this, the first game is not perfect, but it is insanely fun.

Fawst on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fawst wrote: »
    1) I need another copy of this game. I kinda gave my copy to a friend and he kinda traded it for credit at Gamestop. I was kinda fucking mad.

You should kinda set him up to get buggered by a tentacle.

Magic Pink on
  • C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Also, Alex Mercer was a douche.

If Alex Mercer is a douche he is my kind of douche. <3

That lovably maniac reminded me of all the fun times in GTA2 when I roleplayed.

Best Mass Murder spots in any GTA ever.

Ahhhhh, good times.

C2B on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SO like I'm gonna make a murder montage with this game. But I need excellent music. It has to be fast, loud and really energetic. Rock, punk, metal is all good. But I'd like to stay away from the really heavy metal, meaning no Norwegian death troupes.

Suggestions please, people.

Warcry on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ABBA.

Magic Pink on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I might grab this for PC as well if they have it for peanuts in the steam sale. I'd actually get to play it then.

-Loki- on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    oh cool. I liked this game.

I wonder if they will
    address Dana at all?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    SO like I'm gonna make a murder montage with this game. But I need excellent music. It has to be fast, loud and really energetic. Rock, punk, metal is all good. But I'd like to stay away from the really heavy metal, meaning no Norwegian death troupes.

Staying Alive with Be Gees?

Silpheed on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I knew this would happen

Warcry on
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Don't Stop Me Now by Queen?

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't want variety in missions to translate into "you are forced to use x or do y in this mission losing your freedom"

Just because you guys used tanks the whole game doesn't mean it was the only option. I barely used tanks. Mercer was much stronger.

I'm a bit nervy of "extra variety in missions" in freeform games like this, because it invariably translates into losing options and handholding missions. For example, AC2 and ACB. Brotherhood is especially bad. The missions to infiltrate the castello it handholds your way through this entire castle, making it end up linear.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited December 2010
    Man stuff using tanks. They were only good for the Bloodtox missions. But the Thermobaric Tank was the tits.

Warcry on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nah man there are abandoned helicopters for that missions where you protect the convoy going through the streets.

And the actual mission where you protect it in one place, I have one word for you: "Devastators".

They don't hurt the pump. At all. You can stand on it and do a devastator and kill all the hunters surrounding it.

You know that mission where you have to fly the helicopter around and pick up people and shit?

You can actually land the helicopter somewhere, go and do the objectives on foot, then walk back to the helicopter, hop in and continue. This works all the way up until the very last part where you pick up the two batches of soldiers.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Fresh Blood by The Eels

Apothe0sis on
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Here are my suggestions for stuff that probably won't get recommended by anyone else:

"Eternal Squaredance" or "Whorses" by Tweak Bird

"It's Hard (The Squeal)" by Modey Lemon

"Octopus Too" by The Mean Reds

"Raging In The Plague Age" by Les Savy Fav

"Super Tape Worm" by The Joint Chiefs of Math

"Bad Kids" by Black Lips

A couple of these are even thematically appropriate for Prototype too. Sort of. :P

hatedinamerica on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    They better get those sword arms in for this sequel. When I bought the game and saw them missing, I was totally bummed. I know they're similar to the claws, but it would be a good way to differentiate Alec and this new guy. Since he's Blackwatch, give him some less beastial, more refined mutations.

-Loki- on
    edited December 2010
    Sword arms? Was that from a beta trailer or something? Never heard of em. I know they cut a lot of powers out because they were redundant, bugged or not functioning properly.

Morninglord on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Did you mean this?
    prototype_7_inch_alex_mercer_action_figure.jpg

Big Classy on
    edited December 2010
    No, the original trailers (they're still on GT I think), showed him using 2 sword arms. Looked similar to how the claws work now, but they were 2 sword hands.

-Loki- on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Maybe "It's Getting Boring by the Sea"?

Okay, maybe I'm just on a Blood Red Shoes kick recently.

chiasaur11 on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    C2B wrote: »

Yeah, it was nice having a main character that just wanted revenge and to kill everything because fuck everyone

Especially when he starts getting super pissed during that one tank mission

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • EggPuppetEggPuppet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    C2B wrote: »

Yeah, it was nice having a main character that just wanted revenge and to kill everything because fuck everyone

Especially when he starts getting super pissed during that one tank mission

this was good because it made the character's motivation consistent with the way people are actually going to play the game

it really helped me inhabit the nuanced psychology behind being a guy who runs up and down 20 city blocks smashing pedestrians against the wall with a battering ram

EggPuppet on
  • KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I can honestly say I don't even recall there being a story element to Prototype. All I can remember is a haze of red, limbs, black goo, shredded tanks* and fire.

I've been playing Prototype on and off again because of you guys. I never did learn the slide-on-a-corpse trick, though. Does it require muscle mass to do? I never understood the use of MM, because I was all about the whipfist and bringing things to me.

*Shredded tanks are high fiber, more so than even Blackwatch commanders. If you have a high cholesterol, then shredded tanks might be the thing for you.

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I wish Mercer would just free roam the map in disguise at all times during Prototype 2

You attack a Blackwatch convoy and it seems to be going well when suddenly a soldier throws a tank at you

Green on
    edited December 2010
    Green wrote: »
    I wish Mercer would just free roam the map in disguise at all times during Prototype 2

You attack a Blackwatch convoy and it seems to be going well when suddenly a soldier throws a tank at you

I can honestly say I would shit myself. Especially if I wasn't fully upgraded.

Warcry on
    edited December 2010
    Klash wrote: »
    I can honestly say I don't even recall there being a story element to Prototype. All I can remember is a haze of red, limbs, black goo, shredded tanks* and fire.

I've been playing Prototype on and off again because of you guys. I never did learn the slide-on-a-corpse trick, though. Does it require muscle mass to do? I never understood the use of MM, because I was all about the whipfist and bringing things to me.

*Shredded tanks are high fiber, more so than even Blackwatch commanders. If you have a high cholesterol, then shredded tanks might be the thing for you.

Surfing is a buyable power, but you can enter it as a cheat in the extras screen to get it for free from the start.

Then you just target a humanoid thing and hold fly kick all the way. I don't know the code, it's in gamefaqs cheat section.

Morninglord on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

This is exactly what you're looking for

UnbreakableVow on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Nope

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited December 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »

Nope

Neither of those really have the constant speed that I'm looking for. :(

Strangely, the only song I've really found that does is Surfin' Bird by The Trashmen. I'll totally do a corpse surfing and street smashing montage with that for shits and giggles, but I want a really good song for the proper video.

Warcry on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y05TDInaeU

This one is content appropriate, at least!

Ran across it in the fallout thread. Cute tune.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Ok. I've definitely got enough footage. SONG NEEDED. Most of the gameplay footage is done in armour mode. There's tonnes of car shoving, jumping and flying off buildings to splat things. Also helicopter jacking.

Warcry on
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok. I've definitely got enough footage. SONG NEEDED. Most of the gameplay footage is done in armour mode. There's tonnes of car shoving, jumping and flying off buildings to splat things. Also helicopter jacking.

Go listen to some Strapping Young Lad.

I think the song "SYL" may suit your needs just fine.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
    edited December 2010
    Nice suggestion, Descendant.

In other news, I discovered something that will be revolutionary in fighting helicopters. You can target them and use use Hammertoss. It's a one hit kill.

Warcry on
  • KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Green wrote: »

I can honestly say I would shit myself. Especially if I wasn't fully upgraded.

Couldn't those roided out Hulk-Blackwatch guys throw stuff at you?

Those guys were the bane of my existence when they first showed up. Now I make it my personal mission to kill each one I find.
    Surfing is a buyable power, but you can enter it as a cheat in the extras screen to get it for free from the start.

Then you just target a humanoid thing and hold fly kick all the way. I don't know the code, it's in gamefaqs cheat section.

I've got every power unlocked, and I know I've surfed at least one body, but that was way back when it first got unlocked.

My preferred mode of landing has been going from armour to shield and then charging stuff. Sure, less splat, but I get more ragdoll.

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Another bonus about the surfing is that while youa re surfing if you charge up the kick again you can do a backflip off the corpse and launch it at your targetted enemy. It really is glorious.

ghost_master2000 on
    edited December 2010
    Another bonus about the surfing is that while youa re surfing if you charge up the kick again you can do a backflip off the corpse and launch it at your targetted enemy. It really is glorious.

I've found that this doesn't have the desired effect while using muscle mass. It results in a cloud of blood and bone, basically.

Warcry on
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Haha, so they just explode at your feet instead of flying through the air? Still awesome.

ghost_master2000 on
  • SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nice suggestion, Descendant.

In other news, I discovered something that will be revolutionary in fighting helicopters. You can target them and use use Hammertoss. It's a one hit kill.

So is whipfist skyjacking and it's a lot easier to land the initial hit.

Szechuan on