As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gift sent out, should get there in a week.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gift finally sent, apologies for getting so distracted by the new job, santee.

At least I got it done before losing myself in a world of books pulled from the sky :P

Ketar on
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Figgy wrote: »
    Szechuan wrote: »
    shadowane wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    Also, stop complaining about spending "too much" on beer, you yanks. Want to come live up in your hat and spend $50 for a two-four? Do you wanna????

What's a two-four? A case? I regularly spend $50 on a case. Hell, just this past saturday I effectively spent $75 on a case of beer. (It was really $600 but I split it with 7 other people. This case is beyond awesome. 8 different imperial stouts including 3 Dogfish Head World Wide Stout. So excited.) I also got a $70 6 pack, but that was because it was shipped from Belgium. So, yeah, I spend a lot on beer. Oh and I bought 2 750mL for $36 today and I'm going to spend $90 on 4 bottles tomorrow. So, who spends more on beer? :rotate:

A two-four. 24. Apparently it's a Canadian thing.

Yes, sorry.

And yes, you splurge on pricey imports, but a 24 pack of a run-of-the-mill premium is still 45 bucks here, where that same case would be like 18 for you guys.

Enough of beer! Fudge was gifted!!!!

I am Canadian, just had no idea it was a Canadian thing.

That being said, is there any fudge better than Christmas fudge?

Szechuan on
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Last time on G&T Secret Santa:
    SNC00091.jpg

This time no jokes! I actually opened the box! :)
    Alright...I'll play your little game...

SNC00111.jpg

Some delightfully festive Legos :)

SNC00112.jpg

Both of these are pretty great. I am a big fan of Bob Dylan so I cannot wait to start reading this book. I also do not own a legitimate copy of Highway 61...well that used to be true. You've made a honest man of me. I'll ignore the fact that both of these items represent the death of Folk...

SNC00113.jpg

Now this...this is something special. You were dead on with this. Not only have I recently been thinking about expanding my C&H collection, but I've also really wanted to learn more about Watterson and the making of the strip. This is great.

SNC00114.jpg

Thank you so much Norfair! I know I probably was a tough Santee to stalk but you really nailed it. Merry Christmas!

crucialityfactor on
  • Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gift Get part 2: Gifting Harder

Ho, Ho, Ho what's this? A second package?
    photo1ly.jpg

A friendly little note inside as well!
    photo2nm.jpg

I couldn't get it all in the picture, but tell the wife and filthy Hyde hello and thanks!

Now on to the spoils of the box:
    photo3vj.jpg

Sweets!!! I also don't know how you did it, but Violet Crumbles are my favorites and so hard to come by around here. No one's touching that one, though the wife may beg for some. Thanks so much Teeman, I really appreciate the sweets from the great down under as well as the MS Fun Bucks. That'll go towards my X-Men arcade purchase tomorrow!

toolbert on
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    so, santee, I had a slight credit card mishap. Your gift will be reordered soon, and will hopefully arrive at your door next week.

elevature on
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santee, your gift has been shipped! Soon, yes, soon.

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    gm-icon.gif
      Navi

An abbreviation of "knowledge navigator" used in lieu of "computer" or "PC" in the Japanese animation Serial Experiments Lain

Lain. Lain was one of my first exposures to anime that hadn't been destroyed by being "Americanized". And boy did it mess up my mind watching it through.. :P Course that was only a gateway to the rabbit hole. It will always be fondly remembered.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif

So after long promising, I'm finally giving this post the treatment it deserves.

I was waiting for a case for my new tablet early last week when I hear footsteps come up to my door. The UPS man never knocks, just leaves the package and goes. So, thinking I'd finally have a safe place for my tablet, I went to the door and looked down.

Wait a second, the tablet was from Amazon, who always ships from UPS! This can't be right! USPS?!

...Wait a second.

Santa came!

So I take to the box and I open it up to find a note inside, sure enough, my suspicions were correct.
    2w50lqe.jpg

I read the note, which I will edit to transcribe later, detailing a kind and thoughtful layout of gifts from my santa.

So, excited to see the bounty before me, I dig.

How nice of my santa, as he has included a mix-cd full of songs that are a joy to my ears!
    2iu96vl.jpg

Continuing my dig, I find what the note had indeed promised. An avid horror movie watcher, I often leave out the old classics that have shaped the movies I watch today. Santa, still batting .1000, comes through with not one, not two, but FIFTY classic horror movies!
    zjihiu.jpg

Surely, including the mix-cd, fifty-one fabulous gifts should be more than enough. Right? RIGHT? Wait a second, my santa mentioned another gift.

I dig deeper to find, woah...1600MS points!
    fz13ep.jpg

I contained my joy long enough to take a picture of the whole haul.
    24curt5.jpg

So excited. Thanks so much Santa, and sorry for taking so long to put this up. You have truly made this the most merry of Christmases.

Glad it all made it without any troubles!

I almost got you the nicholas cage Wickerman, but I couldn't find a copy. I even checked under comedy just in case.

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    gm-icon.gif
      Navi

An abbreviation of "knowledge navigator" used in lieu of "computer" or "PC" in the Japanese animation Serial Experiments Lain

Lain. Lain was one of my first exposures to anime that hadn't been destroyed by being "Americanized". And boy did it mess up my mind watching it through.. :P Course that was only a gateway to the rabbit hole. It will always be fondly remembered.

I first saw it during college.

I think it's safe to say it left a lasting impression, considering the main character's name. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif
    PART TWO: Revenge of Giftmas Spirits

As promised, another package appeared! This time, the role of address protector is played by the 1962 Cold War political thriller Failsafe:
    CIMG0399.jpg

What's inside? Air! That most precious of commodities in the cold vastness of space!
    CIMG0401.jpg

Wait, no, there's more. First, a picture of the present in its corruptable, mortal state:
    CIMG0402.jpg

It's the cause of so many deaths in the virtual battlefield! Why would you remind me of my failures, Santa? Why!?
    CIMG0403.jpg

It's for revenge, of course. Here's the complete package:
    CIMG0404.jpg

These things are huge, really. This takes me back to my TMNT-collecting days, only far fewer primary colors and more threatening of carnage at the hands of alien warlords. Thanks again, toolbert!

...Looking above, I see we're in another Santa-circle. Toolbert was my Santa, TeeMan was his Santa, and I was TeeMan's Santa! Go Team!

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i think that was this years theme.
    3 man circles that is.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Last time on G&T Secret Santa:
    SNC00091.jpg

This time no jokes! I actually opened the box! :)
    Alright...I'll play your little game...

SNC00111.jpg

Some delightfully festive Legos :)

SNC00112.jpg

Both of these are pretty great. I am a big fan of Bob Dylan so I cannot wait to start reading this book. I also do not own a legitimate copy of Highway 61...well that used to be true. You've made a honest man of me. I'll ignore the fact that both of these items represent the death of Folk...

SNC00113.jpg

Now this...this is something special. You were dead on with this. Not only have I recently been thinking about expanding my C&H collection, but I've also really wanted to learn more about Watterson and the making of the strip. This is great.

SNC00114.jpg

Thank you so much Norfair! I know I probably was a tough Santee to stalk but you really nailed it. Merry Christmas!

You're welcome! Yes, you were difficult to stalk, but that just made it more challenging.

I've been fascinated by that whole period of Bob Dylan's career for a long time (from folk to rock to the Basement Tapes and "John Wesley Harding") and that is definitely one of the best books I have read about that transition.

If you want to know more about Bill Watterson, keep an eye out for "The Calvin & Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book," if you haven't read it already. Watterson also wrote a lot of commentary on the strip in that book and it's really interesting stuff. He talks about the history of the strip and his problems with his syndicate, and explains why he was against merchandising the characters.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked your stuff. :)

Norfair on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet2.gif

Mario World-esque primary colours version for appropriateness.
    The door goes and I go up to answer it expecting yet another of my Wife's Amazon orders to have arrived.

IMG_0534.jpg

Hang on, this is for me! And from wild foreign lands? I think we have a code Santa situation! Fire up the camera, stat.

IMG_0535.jpg

Opened up and gifts spilling from within.

IMG_0542.jpg

Everyone's favourite packing material, chocolates! Including wild foreign Coffee Crisp
    bars. Looks nommable. I'd try now but I've just done my teeth.

IMG_0541.jpg

Mario candies! Two things I love combined. Awesome.

IMG_0540.jpg

Star Wars Lego! Because everyone loves Lego and I am definitely part of everyone. Looking forward to building pew-pew doom to take on my wife's terrifying Aztec chicken beast.

IMG_0543.jpg

A deliciously random looking card game. I have friends with whom we enjoy a good game of Fluxx so as this looks even more crazy I know this is going to go down well.

IMG_0551.jpg

Local things! A beer bottle opener for all my beer bottle opening needs and I'm guessing a candle? I'll try burning it first and if that doesn't work we'll move on to trying to eat it.

IMG_0548.jpg

And the crowning glory, two awesome Nintendo shirts. I am so very pleased with these and will definitely be moving them into my regular rotation to keep my nerd flag flying proud at work.

IMG_0550.jpg

Full haul being delicately modelled by my glamorous and wriggly assistant (Molly, 6 weeks, as yet uninterested in her plush Mario and Peach but I will persevere!)

IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg

Accompanying card and note.

Fantastic job Asiina. Huge, huge thanks. I am one very happy bunny :D

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jam Warrior, I was just scrolling through your pics without reading the text and for a brief, shining moment I thought someone was gifted a baby.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Jam Warrior, I was just scrolling through your pics without reading the text and for a brief, shining moment I thought someone was gifted a baby.

"I know you've been having trouble conceiving, so here is a jar of my semen."

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Willeth wrote: »

"I know you've been having trouble conceiving, so here is a jar of my semen."

That would truly make it a white Christmas. :winky:

Kyougu on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet2.gif

Mario World-esque primary colours version for appropriateness.
    The door goes and I go up to answer it expecting yet another of my Wife's Amazon orders to have arrived.

IMG_0534.jpg

Hang on, this is for me! And from wild foreign lands? I think we have a code Santa situation! Fire up the camera, stat.

IMG_0535.jpg

Opened up and gifts spilling from within.

IMG_0542.jpg

Everyone's favourite packing material, chocolates! Including wild foreign Coffee Crisp
    bars. Looks nommable. I'd try now but I've just done my teeth.

IMG_0541.jpg

Mario candies! Two things I love combined. Awesome.

IMG_0540.jpg

Star Wars Lego! Because everyone loves Lego and I am definitely part of everyone. Looking forward to building pew-pew doom to take on my wife's terrifying Aztec chicken beast.

IMG_0543.jpg

A deliciously random looking card game. I have friends with whom we enjoy a good game of Fluxx so as this looks even more crazy I know this is going to go down well.

IMG_0551.jpg

Local things! A beer bottle opener for all my beer bottle opening needs and I'm guessing a candle? I'll try burning it first and if that doesn't work we'll move on to trying to eat it.

IMG_0548.jpg

And the crowning glory, two awesome Nintendo shirts. I am so very pleased with these and will definitely be moving them into my regular rotation to keep my nerd flag flying proud at work.

IMG_0550.jpg

Full haul being delicately modelled by my glamorous and wriggly assistant (Molly, 6 weeks, as yet uninterested in her plush Mario and Peach but I will persevere!)

IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg

Accompanying card and note.

Fantastic job Asiina. Huge, huge thanks. I am one very happy bunny :D

Oh God, I played that card game at PAX with a bunch of new friends I made down there - it was so much fun! Get ready to enjoy the heck out of yourself.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Well, Miles and Maya had both fucked off somewhere as cats are wont to do when you need them, so I had to put some kind of cute small animal in the pictures or I'd feel left out.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm glad you like it! It is indeed a candle. They're made by the local Mennonites who are awesome dudes and make cool stuff so I like to support them.

PS The Dinosaur card is literally my favourite card in that deck.

Asiina on
  • Options
    cmsamocmsamo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif

It seems there may have been a fubar with Games Workshop; I received an email from them today apologising for a problem with virtual gift certificates...

"Hang on..." I thought... "Why are they sending this to me? I haven't bought any..."

Reading further down the email, it seems some people did not receive their certificates so they sent them all again, to make sure there was no problem. EVEN further down the email was a clue!

"Dear Santee, you have received a gift voucher!"

Excellent! I will now be able to add something cool to my Space Wolves - perhaps a box set of Wolf Guard, or a Canis Wolfborn!

Thanks Santa, awesome! :) The only question now is can I hold my patience from ordering before Christmas or should I be patient and wait for any New Year deals!

cmsamo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh nice, it's less than 10 degrees out there today...

urahonky on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So.. when is the point of no return for getting something via mail to Canada by Christmas. Haha.

(not for me persay but for the future)

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Two gift updates.

One: Clone Troopers attack the wife's Advent Construction dimensional anomaly.

(Are people at all interested in seeing the day by day pictures of that?)
    IMG_0562.jpg

Two: The candy in the ? block is goddamn delicious!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I plan on shipping today. Shouldn't take long to arrive since Santee is seemingly right around the corner.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If you mean that literally you should just walk over.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey Santee! Your gifts and the ilk will be in the mail tonight!

Expect it. :D

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm expecting it

Cornell002 on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I finally mailed the first part of my package Santee

sorry it was so late. whoops.

Rent on
  • Options
    PepperSinclairePepperSinclaire Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Starting to get worried, as my Santee should have received at least one of their gifts by now. :(

PepperSinclaire on
    Signature pending.
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My Santee is also eerily silent. Package should have arrived yesterday.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My gift arrived! I saw no name... so I don't know who it was, but thank you! I was considering starting a collection, now you have forced me into it! Thanks Santa!

2mqooqd.jpg

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If you're worried about your santee getting his/her package get a proxy to tell them it should be there/to be on the lookout for it.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ha. That's a sweet figure. I didn't know they made zombies.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My gift arrived! I saw no name... so I don't know who it was, but thank you! I was considering starting a collection, now you have forced me into it! Thanks Santa!

2mqooqd.jpg

Very cool! I've been eyeballing some of the WoW figurines, myself. I think they'd look quite striking on my desk at work. :)

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    PepperSinclairePepperSinclaire Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

2mqooqd.jpg

Yay! That was from me, did Amazon not include the gift note? Those silly geese.

Anyway, that's not your main gift...something else is on its way! It's been out for delivery for about 3 weeks from the UK; hopefully you'll get it before Baby Jesus day. :D

PepperSinclaire on
    Signature pending.
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Anyway, that's not your main gift...something else is on its way! It's been out for delivery for about 3 weeks from the UK; hopefully you'll get it before Baby Jesus day. :D

This gives me hope. I posted mine on November 25th and was worried that it hadn't arrived, but if you've had a similar timeframe then I can rest a bit on my worrying that it got lost.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Huzzah! My (first part apparently!) gift arrived! I've taken pictures of me opening etc but I'm unsure if my Santa wants me to post up pics now, or to wait till part 2 arrives. They said to let them know this had arrived safely.

So...it has! And I'm already planning what to do with it :) Thank you mysterious Santa, I am very greatful, let me know via proxy if you want me to post up pics now or hang fire.

I feel all Christmassy now.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Could my Secret Santa send me a proxy letting me know which address they decided to sent it to in the end? Just so I can cover my bases if it doesn't arrive.

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Guys, I'm so filled with cheer I could burst!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.