As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »
    2 A's down, just need 3 more

take that finals

I'm jealous of yo A's.

Pretty sure I'm going to walk away from Comparative Religious Ethics with a B+, even though I got A's on all my final drafts. Stupid first drafts...

that sounds like a fun class

my A's were in operations management and advanced corporate taxation

which were less fun. although i got to have some fun on the essays on my tax exam.

tyrannus on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Oh wow, this is high comedy.
    I knew that, unlike a PC, I wouldn't be able to connect one computer to another and transfer over my documents.

Unlike a PC, the Mac wouldn't let me move files to and from my external drive ... Even moving over my iTunes playlist, I soon learned, was going to take intricate coding tweaks.

It's like a guy complaining about his car being slow because he doesn't know what gears do.

wow just wow

nexuscrawler on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    But seriously Richy do you have any suggestions to brush up on calculus and/or stats aside from just picking up a used textbook?
    Not really :? Math is just something you figure out by working through the equations.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Richy wrote: »
    But seriously Richy do you have any suggestions to brush up on calculus and/or stats aside from just picking up a used textbook?
    Not really :? Math is just something you figure out by working through the equations.

To the used textbooks it is!

Arch on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I knew that, unlike a PC, I wouldn't be able to connect one computer to another and transfer over my documents.

Unlike a PC, the Mac wouldn't let me move files to and from my external drive ... Even moving over my iTunes playlist, I soon learned, was going to take intricate coding tweaks.

It's like a guy complaining about his car being slow because he doesn't know what gears do.

wow just wow

Guys it's the Huffington Post.

Ludious on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Make him use Linux for five minutes. Should be a laugh riot.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »

wow just wow

Still.....

nexuscrawler on
    edited December 2010

http://betterexplained.com/articles/a-gentle-introduction-to-learning-calculus/

this is kinda neat

tyrannus on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010

Suck my cock and learn maths through ejaculatory osmosis.

Premier kakos on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

wow just wow

Still.....

Nope. It's drivel. I don't care that it's aligned left of center. It's drivel.

Ludious on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMFA073_klI

Two hours of video compressed down to 6 minutes.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

If that worked IR would be a lot better at video games.

[tiny]I will be punched later for this.[/tiny]

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited December 2010

wow just wow

Still.....

Nope. It's drivel. I don't care that it's aligned left of center. It's drivel.

No I'm saying even drivel usually has some standards

this article reads like a H/A rant complete with typos

nexuscrawler on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arch was the worst scientist last night.

Thomamelas on
    edited December 2010
    i fucking love gingerbread houses

tyrannus on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010

If that worked IR would be a lot better at video games.

[tiny]I will be punched later for this.[/tiny]

Or maybe you're just not as good as you think.

Premier kakos on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    We also started making these -
    croq02lg.jpg

(that one was $200)

(each of the puffs is filled with Gran Marnier pastry cream)

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited December 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

What no I was the BEST

I totally hacked that turret

Arch on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    We also started making these -
    croq02lg.jpg

(that one was $200)

(each of the puffs is filled with Gran Marnier pastry cream)
    Looks delicious.

This is my dad's favourite cake, by the way.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    From the Wikileaks thread

And while everybody is looking at Assange, what has happened to the actual leak, Bradley Manning.

He's locked up. Alone. For seven months now.
    From the beginning of his detention, Manning has been held in intensive solitary confinement. For 23 out of 24 hours every day -- for seven straight months and counting -- he sits completely alone in his cell. Even inside his cell, his activities are heavily restricted; he's barred even from exercising and is under constant surveillance to enforce those restrictions. For reasons that appear completely punitive, he's being denied many of the most basic attributes of civilized imprisonment, including even a pillow or sheets for his bed (he is not and never has been on suicide watch).
    In sum, Manning has been subjected for many months without pause to inhumane, personality-erasing, soul-destroying, insanity-inducing conditions of isolation similar to those perfected at America's Supermax prison in Florence, Colorado: all without so much as having been convicted of anything. And as is true of many prisoners subjected to warped treatment of this sort, the brig's medical personnel now administer regular doses of anti-depressants to Manning to prevent his brain from snapping from the effects of this isolation.

Torture is still acceptable in the US it seems.

TL DR on
    edited December 2010
    HuffPo and Gawker are the worst things on the internet

Ludious on
    edited December 2010
    Tim, I was reading reddit last night and some journalist was tweeting last night that there was going to maybe be a story breaking today that he has actually been being tortured. As in not passively.

Ludious on
    edited December 2010
    Okay, now I have my regular winter break again.

For those following at home:
    First, we didn't get Xmas eve even when we were supposed to.
    Then, we got Xmas eve back but had to take vacation or unpaid on the 30th.
    Now we have what we were originally supposed to get.

This kinda makes me wish PA had the :psyduck: emote.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

What no I was the BEST

"Ghosts did it."
    "Well yes, that seems a reasonable explanation for psychic monkeys."

Thomamelas on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Previously, I had concerns that something Wikileaks released would have deleterious effects on our government's ability to do what it does behind the scenes.

Fuck it. Let it all burn down.

TL DR on
    edited December 2010

What no I was the BEST

"Ghosts did it."
    "Well yes, that seems a reasonable explanation for psychic monkeys."

I am taking the tony stark view- magic may exist, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or care

Arch on
    edited December 2010
    Previously, I had concerns that something Wikileaks released would have deleterious effects on our government's ability to do what it does behind the scenes.

Fuck it. Let it all burn down.

Our government is pretty freakin awful

nexuscrawler on
    edited December 2010
    unce unce unce unce unce unce
    dumbledore_party_hard_by_wernette-d34t6kq.gif

Ludious on
    edited December 2010
    Alan Rickman: even creepier when he smiles

nexuscrawler on
    edited December 2010
    Achievement Unlocked.

Seriously I don't care if the guy conned her. Vigilante justice for the win.

Ludious on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yay! I has new books! :D

BobCesca on
    edited December 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »

got the first Laundry book

its possibly the dorkiest novel ever written

nexuscrawler on
    edited December 2010
    Achievement Unlocked.

Seriously I don't care if the guy conned her. Vigilante justice for the win.

I was on the fence until "Ma'am it's eBay not a car dealership"

TL DR on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »

got the first Laundry book

its possibly the dorkiest novel ever written

I haven't actually read the first one (shame). I quite liked the second one, though.

BobCesca on
    edited December 2010
    I'm just over halfway through Game of Thrones. It's really good!

TL DR on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WoW is stealing my life. D:

Level 40 though! ONLY 20 MORE LEVELS TO 60 DAMMIT!

WMain00 on
    edited December 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    WoW is stealing my life. D:

Level 40 though! ONLY 20 MORE LEVELS TO 60 DAMMIT!

I have become truly casual. My guild's raid nights are Tuesday and Thursday. Not raiding right now because people are leveling and gearing up in heroics. But other than that, I play as I can. I'm lvl 84. I had guildies that were 83 on day 1. I'll be 85 by the weekend probably. If not during the weekend.

Gotta learn moderation.

Ludious on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm just over halfway through Game of Thrones. It's really good!

Looking forward to seeing your reaction when

(real serious end book spoiler, do not click man)
    Eddard gets executed.

Leitner on
    edited December 2010
    Hey ludious what spec is your rogue?

Arch on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    tumblr_ldgf95kakt1qz5q5oo1_500.jpg

Robos A Go Go on
This discussion has been closed.