As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

COD:BLOPS - Play on the Black Wang, Friday night!

• HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ganluan wrote: »
    twmjr wrote: »
    Ganluan wrote: »
    I've definitely been killed less by the knife since the patch, and have killed more people who were flailing wildly with it.
    They borked the goddamn knife. :x

I r not happy about this.

The knife has been borked since day 1. I'm going to come out and say it: I miss commando. At least Commando was predictable. Now, I have no idea whether my knife is going to work or not. The answer is usually "probably not."

That's good - maybe people will actually use bullets instead of trying to knife someone.
    Uhhhhhh, people use bullets all the time in this game. Maybe you've noticed all of those little things shooting at you all the time. I bet if you look at the things you're most frequently killed by, the kinfe's not really all that high up on the list.

I don't know about you, but knives are third on my list after the AK74 and FAMAS.

Hibernus on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, netcode issues are about 99% of my frustration with the game right now. It causes all sorts of wacky hijinks.

Wacky hijinks? The 2nd and 6th kills in my sniping clip would disagree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEn5JMBB_P8

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What does second chance pro do?

Because I just got so weirded out and I can only assume that it's due to second chance pro

Shot a guy, put him into second chance, like the correct animation, guy pulls out his pistol and everything but while I'm reloading he gets back up and shoots me, there didn't seem to be anyone around to revive him either.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Second Chance Pro lets others revive you and lets you live longer while downed. There's no autorevive like in MW2.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Blech. Messed around with every SMG in the game, and only one of them doesn't suck monkey nuts in one way or another when silenced, and its the gun I refuse to use: the 74u. I really wish developers would stop making guns that are good at everything. The Famas, Commando and 74u in particular can all suck dicks.

EtherealWalrus on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Why would Activision put up servers?

They sold a metric shit-ton of copies of BlOps, and before that MW2 sold an assload of copies, and W@W sold an assload of copies, and CoD4 sold an assload of copies. All were P2P-based on consoles, right? So they're making a lot of money on this franchise. Servers cost money to purchase and maintain (ohgod the maintenance on servers like this), which lessens profit on the game. What incentive do they have to put that kind of cash down?

iTunesIsEvil on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Yeah, netcode issues are about 99% of my frustration with the game right now. It causes all sorts of wacky hijinks.

Wacky hijinks? The 2nd and 6th kills in my sniping clip would disagree.

<yt vid snip>
    These are the wackiest hijinks!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Can't wait until I unlock the Commando. Every time I pick up someone else's I just go on a roll.

Darlan on
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Waiting to hit level 27 so I can get the L96 and PSG1 so I can try some different guns. The WA2000 just feels a bit weak to me.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I recently discovered Spectre and it's my current go to SMG(I forgot who recommended from this thread but thanks). Only down side is that I suck at aiming and that gun is bullet hose so I run dry often. At the same time, I am not good enough to survive long enough for Scav perk to be useful.

My top 5 killed by stats:
    1. FAMA
    2. Commando
    3. AK74u
    4. GALIL
    5. Knife

2, 3, and 4 are very close to each other, like within 5%.

AhiMahi on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    belligerent on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nice!

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
    edited December 2010
    One of the new challenges gives you a whoppingly stupid amount of cod points/exp for winning ONE GAME OF FFA.

Hibernus on
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Good lord that video is absurd.

I'm so glad I wasn't one of those guys he kept killing. That shit would drive me bonkers.

hatedinamerica on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    He's in Combat Training. The AI is absurdly stupid.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Good lord that video is absurd.

I'm so glad I wasn't one of those guys he kept killing. That shit would drive me bonkers.
    It would suck quite a bit to be an AI in combat training.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited December 2010
    oh, well that explains it!

I've never even looked at Combat Training because, until just now, I hadn't even heard of it.

d'oh

hatedinamerica on
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Went 35-0 on Firing Range today: 27 of those 35 were weapon kills; the other 8 were from Kill Streaks. That's a personal best for me.

milk ducks on
  • EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So attachments on the PSG1 essentially detract from its damage and shouldn't be used?

EtherealWalrus on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    http://www.callofduty.com/intel/431

also sorry for bailing at the begining of the match, my TV finally came.

belligerent on
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Has anyone linked accounts on PC yet? I just puts me in a loop of links that never do anything.

I really want to upload of this clip of me aiming down my acog at a guy crouching two feet away pulling the trigger and having all 3 bullets of my m16 miss him

BlindPsychic on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Blech. Messed around with every SMG in the game, and only one of them doesn't suck monkey nuts in one way or another when silenced, and its the gun I refuse to use: the 74u. I really wish developers would stop making guns that are good at everything. The Famas, Commando and 74u in particular can all suck dicks.

Found ur problem, dude.

Burtletoy on
    edited December 2010
    Has anyone linked accounts on PC yet? I just puts me in a loop of links that never do anything.

I did it, but I play on PS3. It definitely took a really long time though and it sends you through an apparent circle of links that do nothing. I think it just takes some time to work itself out because I went and checked the next day and I was all linked up.

hatedinamerica on
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dammit.

I don't know if it is this most recent patch or what, but this game is completely broken for me. I pull up the server browser, and all I see are foreign servers or US servers with 2k+ pings. I've tried restarting and verifying the local cache with no luck. I suppose the next step would be reinstalling, but I'd rather not go through the hassle if I have no reason to think it'd fix anything.

Anyone else run into this?

rndmhero on
  • dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    dinoarus on
    Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • AuberonAuberon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Game now hardlocks on the server browser after patch

Pretty much resolved myself to the fact that I'm never going to be able to play this

Are you immediately clicking the favourites tab after opening the browser? That'll crash blops, so just refresh the ranked servers tab once before switching to favourites.

Auberon on
    edited December 2010
    So attachments on the PSG1 essentially detract from its damage and shouldn't be used?

yes

Hibernus on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, my latency is really noticeable when I'm using the crossbow. I'll fire and move, and then my bolt will appear in midair. Usually I have 4 bars, but damn :(

Arrath on
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It feels good to be able to play BLOPS again (patch fixed it). Also, running around with dual MAC-11s is pretty sweet.

BionicPenguin on
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I consider this a kinda weird 'advanced' technique I'm starting to develop. This only works in hardcore:

Basically I'm running:
    Hardline
    SoH
    Marathon

M16 w/ ACOG
    Colt w/ extended mags

Most of this is switchable, but the marathon and soh are the lynchpins in it. Basically you can use the colt as your run and gun weapon, for ducking in and out of cover and being in cqc. The speed boost you get from your pistol being out in addition to the marathon run boost means you can clear a shit ton of ground fast and pretty quickly engage guys. The M16 w/ ACOG handles pretty much everything else and with SoH you lose the long wind up time the ADS on the ACOG has. I use this with a Tac Insert to further fuck with people.

This works better in maps like launch or array where having that m16 can be a real life saver.

I'm thinking for smaller maps to switch the colt with the c75 auto, but I feel like the auto is an all or nothing deal, where as the colt can drop a lot of guys with 14 bullets, even if it means dealing with bullets vanishing.

BlindPsychic on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    dinoarus wrote: »
    *snip*

Whose a good boy?

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited December 2010
    I consider this a kinda weird 'advanced' technique I'm starting to develop. This only works in hardcore:

Basically I'm running:
    Hardline
    SoH
    Marathon

M16 w/ ACOG
    Colt w/ extended mags

Most of this is switchable, but the marathon and soh are the lynchpins in it. Basically you can use the colt as your run and gun weapon, for ducking in and out of cover and being in cqc. The speed boost you get from your pistol being out in addition to the marathon run boost means you can clear a shit ton of ground fast and pretty quickly engage guys. The M16 w/ ACOG handles pretty much everything else and with SoH you lose the long wind up time the ADS on the ACOG has. I use this with a Tac Insert to further fuck with people.

This works better in maps like launch or array where having that m16 can be a real life saver.

I'm thinking for smaller maps to switch the colt with the c75 auto, but I feel like the auto is an all or nothing deal, where as the colt can drop a lot of guys with 14 bullets, even if it means dealing with bullets vanishing.

Normal CZ75 maybe, full auto damage dropoff is probably too fast.

Hibernus on
  • glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Basically I'm running:
    Hardline
    SoH
    Marathon

M16 w/ ACOG
    Colt w/ extended mags

Why not use a CZ75 with extended mags?

glithert on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hibernus wrote: »

Basically I'm running:
    Hardline
    SoH
    Marathon

M16 w/ ACOG
    Colt w/ extended mags

Normal CZ75 maybe, full auto damage dropoff is probably too fast.

Also reduces the damage from 40-20 to 30-20, but it wouldn't matter much in Shitcore. I'd just use the Python with a speed loader or snub nose, since it's 50-30 (40-30).

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited December 2010
    Agree with snub nosed python.

Hibernus on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Anyways, 8th prestige get.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    He's in Combat Training. The AI is absurdly stupid.

Crank the AI to highest difficulty and it becomes stupid in a whole new way though.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Umm, I'm actually enjoying the PSG1 with the new 1-shot kill multiplier sans attachments. Even pulling slightly better than 1/1. Does this make me a horrible person?

Also, I actually prefer bolt-actions but the PSG1 feels a tad bit more accurate than the L96 and the re-center is so much better. It's actually let me take out a group of 3 at the proper distance.

Also. Hacker pro, I love you. CP bomb that takes out 4 dudes? Yes please.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ahahaha.

Me and some other guy just totally destroyed the other team's day when we unleashed our combined killstreaks of dogs, attack heli, and mortars.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    jesus, scat. im level 35 on both systems. then again, ive only played for a few hours.

new thread?

TheSecretSeventh on
    PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....