As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mr Heist wrote: »
    Well, I've found out that my Child's Play paintings arrived in Seattle on time, which is a relief, cos they made it to the dinner/auction. My santee's third parcel hasn't arrived though :(
    What did you paint for the auction? I saw the pictures Gabe linked to, and all the paintings that could be seen are pretty awesome

I did a Professor Layton - an image of the Professor and Luke looking at the time machine, and a screenshot from Limbo, the same image as the one I did in the Solid Saints thread in SE++. They're both on my blog, if you want to see their progress.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I still has no gift

wat do

MrDelish on
  • ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GRR! I can't get pictures linked from flickr to work right...anyone know common mistakes and how to fix them?

ImthebOHGODBEES on
    Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    deveric wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    Some DMs will refuse countdown dice and some Magic folk will refuse traditional d20s. For some reason.

As both magic and D&D player, I have both, and I use spindowns for magic, and d20s for D&D, and for rolling dice in magic where applicable.

In case people don't know how dice numbers work...opposite sides of dice add up to equal the number of sides plus one. so on a six, the opposite sides should be 1/6 2/5 3/4; d20 1/20 2/19 3/18 etc etc.

My DM is pretty cool, so he shouldn't care. And I've already used it with the kids to practice their numbers. :D My daughter knows them all really well already, but trying to get Jeremy to learn his numbers from 11-20. Each would get 3 rolls and then they'd have to say what the top number was.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Some DMs will refuse countdown dice and some Magic folk will refuse traditional d20s. For some reason.

I can understand not wanting countdown dice for dice rolls, but why would you disallow a regular d20 as a counter? Actually, I've never heard of counting dice before.

Peewi on
  • dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MrDelish wrote: »
    I still has no gift

wat do

wait it out til the deadline on the 31st?

(your Santa still has a week before Christmas afterall, still plenty of time.)

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Peewi wrote: »

I can understand not wanting countdown dice for dice rolls.

Why? As long as it's not weighted then it should make fuck all difference what number is where.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I still has no gift

wat do

x2

sadface

deveric on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Eh guys, half the damn list haven't received their gift yet. Simmer down.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif

So my Santa has been insanely awesome over the course of this event. First, they sent me a photoshop of the view down my street turned into a Warhammer 40k Imperial recruiting station. Then a couple days ago I got his:
    notice.jpg
    because my Santa is incredible and understands how huge of a 40k nerd I am.

Today I picked up the package from the post office. Hmmm could this be the most homosexual of gifts? No wait, it's-
    DW01.jpg
    With this note:
    I hope this is a unique and new way to serve the God-Emperor of Mankind. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
    Shrieking Emu

Hhooolllyyyy fucking shit. It's a giant, 400 page hardcover rulebook for a tabletop RPG based around the Deathwatch! I didn't even know this existed until right now, it's like my Santa knows me better than I know myself. There's just so much stuff in this book, it's incredible. I can't wait for the holidays next week so I can try this out with my brother, he's a giant 40k nerd too. I wonder if this gets played on the forum too? I haven't been into the tabletop forum for a while.

Thank you so much Shrieking Emu! Many foul heretics, xenos and witches will die as a result of your generosity! And Merry Christmas!
    Sorry for not posting my own pictures but my camera has broken.

fake edit: oh my god santa reverse stalking you has revealed something totally crazy about this secret santa that I can't reveal for another couple days. It will blow your mind!

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Akira wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

So my Santa has been insanely awesome over the course of this event. First, they sent me a photoshop of the view down my street turned into a Warhammer 40k Imperial recruiting station. Then a couple days ago I got his:
    notice.jpg

Today I picked up the package from the post office. Hmmm could this be the most homosexual of gifts? No wait, it's-
    DW01.jpg
    With this note:
    I hope this is a unique and new way to serve the God-Emperor of Mankind. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
    Shrieking Emu

Hhooolllyyyy fucking shit. It's a giant, 400 page hardcover rulebook for a tabletop RPG based around the Deathwatch! I didn't even know this existed until right now, it's like my Santa knows me better than I know myself. There's just so much stuff in this book, it's incredible. I can't wait for the holidays next week so I can try this out with my brother, he's a giant 40k nerd too. I wonder if this gets played on the forum too? I haven't been into the tabletop forum for a while.

Thank you so much Shrieking Emu! Many foul heretics, xenos and witches will die as a result of your generosity! And Merry Christmas!

fake edit: oh my god santa reverse stalking you has revealed something totally crazy about this secret santa that I can't reveal for another couple days. It will blow your mind!

Quality book, right there. There's also one for Rogue Traders and the Inquisition, just so you know. Have fun purging the heretics!

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have been proxy'd!
    It seems that a package will be arriving very soon. :D

Dawasaurus on
    edited December 2010
    PACKAGE GET!

I'm not as good at fancy type as others here, but I'll do my best.
    Got home from the longest day of work I've had in a while, when what to my surprise there's a package waiting for me!
    img0187p.jpg

Now I was cautious as I had received a false alarm earlier in the week when my fiance's present arrived in a box as well. As I examine the package, I notice something that catches my eye...
    img0189nm.jpg
    WHATTHEF...customs decleration?!?!

Instantly cooler because it had to cross international borders. And possibly an ocean.

Opening, I find
    img0191u.jpg
    a missive (I think I used the right word) and a CD entitled "Music to Play Games By".
    img0192j.jpg
    img0193sq.jpg

Excellent choices good sir, for I truly enjoy both games, and the music...this combination will, I'm sure, play me sweet sweet raptures as I....type a 5 page paper for my final....

RAHHHH! But school isn't your fault, in fact you may have just provided me what I need to make it to the other side sane.[/SPOILER]

tl;dr
    Mrs. P, Lewie did just fine!

Now to finish up my project for [redacted due to North Pole regulations].

Fake edit: BAH, I can't seem to get the pictures to work. I tried IMG tags, I tried no IMG tags...I blame my crap computer. I'll edit this fixed if someone will show me how.

ImthebOHGODBEES on
  • CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    OOOOOOOOOOOOMGgggggg

Got a proxy PM saying my shit should be here in mere days. EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDD.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Your image tags won't work because you're using links to a webpage where you image is shown, not the image link itself. If you don't see ".jpg" or similar in your link, it won't work with an image tag. You'll need to upload to an image host that allows direct linking, like imageshack.us.

And all I see in your flickr photos is a CD? You mentioned games in your comments? I'm confused.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I hope my Santee gets his gifts soon... I really hope he likes it :|

parabola on
    edited December 2010
    Ahh, it's Music To Play Games By.

Music inspired by, but not necessarily taken from, games. Really pretty cool.

ImthebOHGODBEES on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif

I think this arrived a couple days ago, but I was gone so let's say it arrived _today_ omgggggggg:
    IMAG0032.jpg
    Let's peek at what's within the plastic, eh?
    IMAG0082.jpg
    Being that I was raised on TV, I must assume this is a huge bag of cocaine! Thanks Santa, you nailed it!

Let's slooooowly unwrap this
    IMAG0099.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    Within the package, another similarly wrapped package. Also, I need to recycle some of that junk mail back there...

IMAG0102.jpg

A postcard!
    IMAG0103.jpg
    IMAG0104.jpg
    Transcription:
    HELLO AND HAPPY X-MAS FROM NEW HAMPSHIRE!!!
    Upon realizing that you were to receive giftings from me, I harnessed the power of the interwebs to discover you had an interest in some sort of Super Meat Hobby! This was great news because here in NH we take great pride in our meats! Have a spicy holiday mystery interweb person!!

It appears I am not getting any cocaine. Let's crack open this package marked "Gift 1" and see what's inside!
    IMAG0105.jpg
    Damn, I feel like going to go floss right now. It's a bit fuzzy in the picture, but that Gummy Bacon is strawberry flavored

Let's crack open "Gift 2". Is it more bacon?
    IMAG0106.jpg
    it is a mystery ooooOOOOooooo

IMAG0107.jpg
    Rotten meat? Is that code for cocaine???
    IMAG0108.jpg

Let's just spend a moment to take it all in before we uncover what kind of rotten meat is within this package of rotten meat.
    IMAG0109.jpg
    HAPPY XMAS BROSEPH -> OR BROSEPH-ETTE!!

PROTIEN - ITS WHATS FOR DINNER

IMAG0110.jpg

Holy shit, this has all been done by hand! Let's explore!

First, those stickers in the background:
    SUPER MEAT THINGS COLLECTION CONCEPTS
    IMAG0111.jpg
    SUPER MEAT PUNK
    SUPER MEAT FELINE
    IMAG0112.jpg
    SUPER MEAT HIPPO
    SUPER MEAT ELK
    IMAG0113.jpg
    SUPER MEAT MOUSE

And back to Mr. Meat Pie
    IMAG0114.jpg
    Hmm, there seems to be something on his back...
    IMAG0115.jpg
    AWESOME
    IMAG0116.jpg
    Hey look, he even brought a name tag!

Thanks, Santa From New Hampshire! This is so awesome!

Dehumanized on
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Awesome gifts everyone, this is seriously a fantastic year for Secret Santa!

Sorry I've been away the past couple of days, but I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    YES! I'm glad to see the parcel arrived in one safe piece! Sorry about the distinct lack of cocaine, I usually save that for New Years!

I'm glad you liked it though, I was a bit nervous custom painting a Munny as I've never done it before, but always wanted to. When I saw the official Super Meat Boy vinyl figures, they left something to be desired and seemed way overpriced. I figured I would give making my own a shot. It was sad to see my little Meat Pie go, but I know you'll give it a great home. Happy Xmas!
    turn.gif

earthwormadam on
  • Shrieking EmuShrieking Emu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Akira wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

notice.jpg

DW01.jpg
    With this note:
    Shrieking Emu

Glad you like it! I'm more of a tabletop gamer, so I thought something like Deathwatch would be a different way to get your 40k on. Dakka dakka!

Shrieking Emu on
    steam_sig.png
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Peewi wrote: »

I can understand not wanting countdown dice for dice rolls.

Why? As long as it's not weighted then it should make fuck all difference what number is where.

I agree, but there's something to be said for being annoyed that a roll was almost a 20 but is actually much lower. Countdown dice don't have that as often.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    YES! I'm glad to see the parcel arrived in one safe piece! Sorry about the distinct lack of cocaine, I usually save that for New Years!

I'm glad you liked it though, I was a bit nervous custom painting a Munny as I've never done it before, but always wanted to. When I saw the official Super Meat Boy vinyl figures, they left something to be desired and seemed way overpriced. I figured I would give making my own a shot. It was sad to see my little Meat Pie go, but I know you'll give it a great home. Happy Xmas!
    turn.gif

That is awesome. :^::^:

Icemopper on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Got your proxy Santa. Color me excited!

Kyougu on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Icemopper wrote: »

turn.gif

Hey, Icemopper, did the card pack tell you it was a donation for Child's Play?

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    edited December 2010
    Icemopper wrote: »

turn.gif

Hey, Icemopper, did the card pack tell you it was a donation for Child's Play?

Yes, or, I think it did. I know the cards say the proceeds go to Child's Play, but I can check for sure when I get home. <3 you SW

Icemopper on
    edited December 2010
    Radiation wrote: »
    Attention festive onlookers!
    I will be without stable, consistent interwebs until sometime around next week. I'll try and update this as I can, but if someone can keep on top of it while I'm gone that'd be <3
    Participants!
    AaronKI
    AbsoluteZero
    acidlacedpenguin
    Adda
    Agentflit
    Ah_Pook
    Aioua
    Akira part 2
    Alegis
    Alfred J. Kwak
    Anarchy
    Angel177
    anoffday
    apogee
    ArcSyn
    area
    Arikado
    Arminas
    Asiina
    battledrill
    belligerent
    Beltaine
    bigwah
    Blackbeard7
    BlueBlue
    Bursar part 2
    Cameron_Talley
    CangoFett
    CCF23
    Chance
    Chen
    cj iwakura
    cloudeagle
    cmsamo
    Cornell002
    crucialityfactor part 2
    Custom Special
    Daemonion
    dantree
    darkenedwing
    darunia106
    Dawasaurus
    Death Cab for Albie
    Dehumanized
    DekuStick
    deveric
    DHS Odium
    DiannaoChong
    Digeridoo
    Disco11
    Doc Holliday
    Draysoth
    Dunxco
    DuoRCN
    Dyvion
    earthwormadam
    El Mucho
    elevature
    elkatas
    EvilBadman
    exis
    Feels Good Man
    Fig-D
    Figgy
    Forar
    ForceVoid
    FreeBryd!
    Frem
    galenblade
    Grim123
    Grove
    HallowedFaith
    handkor
    HardKase
    Hardtarget
    harvest
    Hearthjaw
    Henroid
    Hypatia
    Icemopper part2 part 3 part 4 part 5
    iMatt
    Imperfect
    ImthebOHGODBEES
    JAEF
    Jakesully
    Jam Warrior
    JaysonFour
    jclast part 2
    jeddy lee
    JerikTelorian
    JHunz
    Joeslop
    John Zoidberg
    joshgotro
    Judge-Z
    k0dos
    Kendrik
    Ketar
    Kias
    Klyka
    kor
    KSK
    Kyougu
    laiceps1983
    LewieP
    LewieP's Mummy
    Lord Yod part 2
    Louie
    Lunysgwen
    mere_immortal
    Mighty
    Mister_Penguin
    mntorankusu
    Mooshoepork
    Mr Heist
    Mr_Grinch
    MrDelish
    Mullitt the Wise
    mxmarks
    Nackmatholn
    NickTheNewbie
    noir_blood
    Norfair part2
    parabola
    Peewi part 2
    PepperSinclaire
    proyebat
    Radiation
    redfield85 part 2
    remlap13 part 2
    Rent
    RisenPhoenix
    Robert Khoo
    Rook
    Rorus Raz
    Ross Mills
    S-Starwind
    Sceptre
    Schide
    see317
    shadowane
    Shady3011
    Shrieking Emu
    sirchrissypoo
    SirUltimos
    SniperGuy
    spookymuffin
    stavesacre
    stevemarks44
    Stormwatcher
    strebalicious
    Sweeney Tom
    Szechuan
    TeeMan
    The Count of Midget Fisto
    The Dude With Herpes
    The_Spaniard part 2
    TheOtherHorseman
    THEPAIN73
    TheScruple
    toolbert part 2
    TSI|Awesome
    Two Headed Boy part 2
    UEAKCrash
    Uldor
    UnbreakableVow
    urahonky
    vegeta_666
    VThornheart
    WIckedkarma
    WilDPanthA05
    Willeth
    wobblyheadedbob
    WraithXt1
    Xaviar
    Ziggymon

Updated December 17, 2010

PLEASE CHECK THIS LIST TO MAKE SURE IT IS ACCURATE FOR YOU, YOUR SANTA AND SANTEE
    (thanks <3)

Icemopper on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Slacktron is my hero! I was leaving to go to work this morning at ridiculously early o'clock and discovered a huge box impeding my progress!

photonih.jpg

What could be inside the presenty goodness?

photo2fa.jpg

Framed Serenity money? Awesome graphic novels?! A BOX OF SERENITY MONEY?!

Slacktron, me and my giant hard on for all things Joss Whedon thank you tremendously!

SniperGuy on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    deveric wrote: »
    I still has no gift

wat do

x2

sadface

I always send my Secret Santa gifts out so they get there (roughly) the week before Christmas. I find it's much more festive that way.

I have part one of my gift (as mentioned in a previous post) which was awesome, and which will be used ON Christmas day :)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    edited December 2010
    Radiation wrote: »
    Attention festive onlookers!
    I will be without stable, consistent interwebs until sometime around next week. I'll try and update this as I can, but if someone can keep on top of it while I'm gone that'd be <3
    Participants!
    AaronKI
    AbsoluteZero
    acidlacedpenguin
    Adda
    Agentflit
    Ah_Pook
    Aioua
    Akira part 2
    Alegis
    Alfred J. Kwak
    Anarchy
    Angel177
    anoffday
    apogee
    ArcSyn
    area
    Arikado
    Arminas
    Asiina
    battledrill
    belligerent
    Beltaine
    bigwah
    Blackbeard7
    BlueBlue
    Bursar part 2
    Cameron_Talley
    CangoFett
    CCF23
    Chance
    Chen
    cj iwakura
    cloudeagle
    cmsamo
    Cornell002
    crucialityfactor part 2
    Custom Special
    Daemonion
    dantree
    darkenedwing
    darunia106
    Dawasaurus
    Death Cab for Albie
    Dehumanized
    DekuStick
    deveric
    DHS Odium
    DiannaoChong
    Digeridoo
    Disco11
    Doc Holliday
    Draysoth
    Dunxco
    DuoRCN
    Dyvion
    earthwormadam
    El Mucho
    elevature
    elkatas
    EvilBadman
    exis
    Feels Good Man
    Fig-D
    Figgy
    Forar
    ForceVoid
    FreeBryd!
    Frem
    galenblade
    Grim123
    Grove
    HallowedFaith
    handkor
    HardKase
    Hardtarget
    harvest
    Hearthjaw
    Henroid
    Hypatia
    Icemopper part2 part 3 part 4 part 5
    iMatt
    Imperfect
    ImthebOHGODBEES
    JAEF
    Jakesully
    Jam Warrior
    JaysonFour
    jclast part 2
    jeddy lee
    JerikTelorian
    JHunz
    Joeslop
    John Zoidberg
    joshgotro
    Judge-Z
    k0dos
    Kendrik
    Ketar
    Kias
    Klyka
    kor
    KSK
    Kyougu
    laiceps1983
    LewieP
    LewieP's Mummy
    Lord Yod part 2
    Louie
    Lunysgwen
    mere_immortal
    Mighty
    Mister_Penguin
    mntorankusu
    Mooshoepork
    Mr Heist
    Mr_Grinch
    MrDelish
    Mullitt the Wise
    mxmarks
    Nackmatholn
    NickTheNewbie
    noir_blood
    Norfair part2
    parabola
    Peewi part 2
    PepperSinclaire
    proyebat
    Radiation
    redfield85 part 2
    remlap13 part 2
    Rent
    RisenPhoenix
    Robert Khoo
    Rook
    Rorus Raz
    Ross Mills
    S-Starwind
    Sceptre
    Schide
    see317
    shadowane
    Shady3011
    Shrieking Emu
    sirchrissypoo
    SirUltimos
    Slacktron
    SniperGuy part 2
    spookymuffin
    stavesacre
    stevemarks44
    Stormwatcher
    strebalicious
    Sweeney Tom
    Szechuan
    TeeMan
    The Count of Midget Fisto
    The Dude With Herpes
    The_Spaniard part 2
    TheOtherHorseman
    THEPAIN73
    TheScruple
    toolbert part 2
    TSI|Awesome
    Two Headed Boy part 2
    UEAKCrash
    Uldor
    UnbreakableVow
    urahonky
    vegeta_666
    VThornheart
    WIckedkarma
    WilDPanthA05
    Willeth
    wobblyheadedbob
    WraithXt1
    Xaviar
    Ziggymon

Updated December 17, 2010 - 8:13 am EST

PLEASE CHECK THIS LIST TO MAKE SURE IT IS ACCURATE FOR YOU, YOUR SANTA AND SANTEE
    (thanks <3)

Icemopper on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just got a message that my super secret custom gift should be on Santees doorstep TODAY. Im nervous because I havent ACTUALLY seen it in person. So I hope it came out alright...

I hope they enjoy it. Gift #1 should have gotten there a little while, and #3 is slated for December 21st.

So much cheer!

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    haha the Serenity money is great

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Slacktron is my hero! I was leaving to go to work this morning at ridiculously early o'clock and discovered a huge box impeding my progress!

photonih.jpg

photo2fa.jpg

Slacktron, me and my giant hard on for all things Joss Whedon thank you tremendously!

Well, ain't that fancy. My new hope now is that Whedon becomes like Zombies and PS3 next year.

noir_blood on
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh man, the mail man gave me a package!
    17122010.jpg

Only problem is...
    17122010002c.jpg
    It's gift 2 of 2!
    17122010001.jpg
    Look at them flaunting me with their neat wrapping paper and decorated tin!

Do I patiently wait for the other gift to arrive before Christmas Eve? I mean, it's only one week, right?

D:

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kias wrote: »
    Ahh, yes. The last day of work complete and significant progress made on my final project that will be over and done with tomorrow at 5:00, wrapping up another successful semester of grad life. Things are good, really, and its hard to think of what could make the day better when suddenly I see a package with a return address that reads:

Council of Treasure Placement

Oh yes, it's-

GiftGet4b.gif

Indeed! I even set aside the Hibachi I was salivating over on the ride home, and let me tell you what, it takes some serious excitement to get me away from hot food.

Camera: Check
    Cat Companion: Check
    Christmas Cheer: Oh yeah

On to the presents!
    Companion Cat keeps the package contained:
    DSC00033.jpg

Upon opening, me and Cat Companion discover... Peanuts!
    DSC00035.jpg

After a bit of digging, I come upon a card and treasure! Literally, a treasure chest!
    DSC00039.jpg

The card says to open first, so I do and find the identity of my santa to be a certain Arcadian named Belligerent! You sir, are an awesome human being.

I took a picture of the letter, but the words don't come through, so hopefully blligerent has a copy he can paste up here. Though, to give you a taste, here is how it began:
    Dear ADVENTURER KIAS,

Congratulations on your latest conquest and adventure. We at the COUNCIL OF TREASURE PLACEMENT sincerely apologize for failing to place sufficient loot in your latest victim's carcass. We have taken the effort to ship the missing items to your [lair/castle/tower/guildhall]...

On to the loot! First in the chest are some new figures to terrorize my players on Satruday game night:
    DSC00046.jpg
    DSC00048.jpg

Yess, yess, perfect! Spell Martyrs and Warcaster Kreoss! My players recently received word of a unique magical trace a little while ago they were planning on looking into. Guess who they will find upon arrival? Oh yes, and they are due for a tough encounter :twisted:

Then there was the discovery of coins, of a delicious nature, shiny gems, and delicious Ghiradelli chocolates, to calm my GM nerves and quicken my thinking. And beneath them was a book of inspiration about a particular girl, who also happens to be a genius, that happens to one of my all time favorite graphic novels ever.
    DSC00047.jpg

Seriously, if you never heard of Girl Genius, get to reading. Like now. So much awesome and SCIENCE here I am surprised the book doesn't explode! I actually have a copy of this already, but I am using it for my thesis, and toting it around with all my other text books has lead to serious damage and marked up pages. I was planning to pick up a fresh copy and collecting the rest of the series in paper, but you beat me to it! Well done sir!

Now if only I had something to hold my beer in while gaming that reminds the players just who is in charge in this table. Oh snap, how about:
    DSC00041.jpg
    I need a new camera! Its a metal beer mug that reads:
    Kias
    Master of the Dungeon
    Penny Arcade

Absolutely awesome Belligerent. And to wrap things up, here is a shot of the entire haul:
    DSC00054.jpg

Thanks a ton Belligerent! This is a fantastic gift package! Merry Fracking Christmas you classy fellow, you!

By the way, here's the full text of the letter I sent Kias.
    Dear ADVENTURER KIAS,
    Congratulations on your latest conquest and adventure. We at the COUNCIL OF TREASURE PLACEMENT sincerely apologize for failing to place sufficient loot in your latest victim’s carcass. We have taken the effort to ship the missing items to your [lair/castle/tower/guildhall]. We have included a list of items enclosed so that you can ensure no goblin or footpad has made off with any of your [TREASURE ITEMS]. On the bright side, you will not need to wipe the viscera off of these items this time. Unfortunately, we were unable to ship you some of the more common items like bear asses, gall bladders, or rusty weapons.
    Included in this chest should be some or all of the following:
    • Several Coins of the Realm ™ *
    • Many Exotic Gems ™*
    • Rare and exotic consumables designed to bolster intelligence and Stamina*
    • One (1) manual designed to entertain and enlighten based upon extensive Research**
    • One (1) container designed to contain all manner of liquids, both hazardous and inert***
    • Several Effigies designed to remind you of past and future conquests.
    If any items are missing, please make your complaint known to your local TREASURE PLACEMENT representative. We will notate your noncompliance with our policies and deal with you it accordingly.
    Sincerely,

Belligerent
    Slayer of Player Characters
    Peon of the COUNCIL OF TREASURE PLACEMENT
    P.S: As always, you may keep the chest container as long as you are carrying it during the time of your demise so that the ADVENTUERER that slays you may reap the rewards of their own ADVENTURE!
    *cannot be exchanged or traded for items of real value.
    **Research was completed by an intern and may not reflect actual content.
    ***Do not place hazardous materials inside container. Do not taunt container.

belligerent on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Looks good on my end Icemopper!

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    noir_blood wrote: »

photonih.jpg

photo2fa.jpg

Well, ain't that fancy. My new hope now is that Whedon becomes like Zombies and PS3 next year.

I don't care about Whedon or Serenity at all, but even I can tell that's a fantastic gift package.

Kudos to everyone. This is a freaking amazing thread.

Kyougu on
  • Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNAOUNCEMENT!!

Proxy has misplaced a Santa PM! CHRISTMAS IS RUINED!!
    Actually, I got a response back from a Santee (RisenPhoenix). If this is your Santee, please PM me again so I can give you their response.

I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WENT!

Proxy the Elf on
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Chen wrote: »
    Oh man, the mail man gave me a package!
    17122010.jpg

Only problem is...
    17122010002c.jpg
    It's gift 2 of 2!
    17122010001.jpg
    Look at them flaunting me with their neat wrapping paper and decorated tin!

Do I patiently wait for the other gift to arrive before Christmas Eve? I mean, it's only one week, right?

D:

Holy crap! That made it to you already!? Go ahead and open it, as I have no idea when 1 of 2 will make it to you, since it wasn't sent directly from me.

For the record, that package was mailed from Springfield, IL to the Netherlands in a matter of 4 days. Holy fuck.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

You're welcome, SniperGuy. We aim to please.

You may find that Serenity box o' cash a little light, because I couldn't resist framing up a couple of those bills for myself. It may seem unfair for me to take a cut, but remember: “About 50% of the human race is middlemen and they don’t take kindly to being eliminated.”

And Icemopper/Radiation: it appears that I am a Santa so secret that I am not even on the list. Now that my cover has been blown, it's safe to add me.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.