As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Learn me some papercraft!

FlayFlay Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I think I found a good solution for cheap but non-tacky christmas presents: papercraft! And since I now have access to pretty much unlimited printing at work, I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm looking for some sources of printouts I can use to create some models to give out, but since I'm these things to a diverse range of people, I'm definitely interested in finding some diverse subjects, and not just games etc. Animals would be really great for this, but the sources I've found are a little bit limited. I'm also curious as to what kind of paper stock I should be using for this, because if I need to use carboard then obviously that's going to jack up the price a lot. Oh, and if there are any common beginner mistakes that I should know about, don't hesitate to tell me, since I've never done this before.

Thanks!

Flay on

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    E.Coyote on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    I have a friend who is very into papercraft, and he swears by the Papercraft Museum. I'm not sure if there are plans up on there, but there are probably some good ideas and links up there.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    AdamBombAdamBomb regular
    edited December 2010
    ceres wrote: »
    I have a friend who is very into papercraft, and he swears by the Papercraft Museum. I'm not sure if there are plans up on there, but there are probably some good ideas and links up there.

Holy shit, some of those models are incredible.

Pretty impressive skill, I must say.

AdamBomb on
    I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow, that place is pretty damn comprehensive! And yep, you can find the pintouts in the categories section. Thanks for the links.

Flay on