As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam | CHRISTMAS SALE! - Wait for Daily Deals on Games You Want

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The Path is the game where you go get raped in the woods.

SkutSkut on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    made by the same silly geese. path is about the children getting raped in the forest.

Alegis on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Drake wrote: »
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I used the prod once, and then hit someone with the baton, and then they shot me in the face. The prod doesn't seem to work like it's supposed to.

Prod to the back of the heel on an unsuspecting guard is the key. One zap and down they go.

There is a magic spot around the lower back too. Sneak up and a good Prodding/Batoning in the correct spot and you are golden.

How does a baton to the back of the knee fare?

This wins you a face full of lead.

Drake on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    The Path is the game where you go get raped in the woods.

Installing right the fuck now.

Big Classy on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tale of Tales give a bad name for all artists.

Alegis on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You own 134 games worth: £1,295.81 GBP - What does this number mean?
    If you bought all these games on sale it would have cost: £690.93 GBP
    You spend an average of £9.67 GBP (£5.16 GBP) per game.

Seriously? £10 per game. I've really gotta slow down and play some of these before buying more.

Big Classy on
  • Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SMB is on sale? Score. I've been wanting to play that for awhile now. Does it work well with a keyboard? Does it support a 360 gamepad? I mean I don't even have a wire controller but I was just curious.

Sangheili91 on
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SMB is on sale? Score. I've been wanting to play that for awhile now. Does it work well with a keyboard? Does it support a 360 gamepad? I mean I don't even have a wire controller but I was just curious.

I guess it supports the 360 pad, seeing as it uses those buttons in the menu.

I'm using a Logitech Dual-Shock-Style pad and it's working wonders.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    BTW, Hitman: Blood Money is currently on sale for $5.

If the price ever goes any lower as a daily special, I am gifting it to so many of you.

Even if it doesn't, I fully plan to hand out a few copies on the last day of the sale. God I love that game.

Ooh, the Hitman Collection is $9.99, I might grab that at one point. Contracts is missing though, is that another silly regional thing?

Oh and reposting:
    Hey, could someone in the US of A do me a huge favour and gift my brother BF: Bad Company 2? It's like twice the price here so figure it's worth a try. I'll gift whoever does it something of comparable price (little more, little less, I don't mind, just PM the name of it to me).
    Someone was offering to do this on reddit. They may be slightly inundated though :P

exis on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    proXimity wrote: »
    ANOTHER SUPER MEAT CONTEST!

(damnit Fig-D I was writing this as you posted)

What is this game?! I have no idea, really, but people seem to think highly of it, and I like this community, so... GAME ON!

THE CONTEST

I like meat! I like comedy! So what could be better than both of them combined?! I want a comic featuring meat... it can be anthropomorphic, inanimate, supernatural, ect... but it must tickle my funny meat bone! Comics don't need to be original, but arbitrary points will probably be awarded for originality!

Entries shall be posted in this thread (or a new one if this gets locked) before 12AM (midnight) PST, so you have about 9 hours! I'll try to pay attention to the thread, but if you could PM me a link to your post, that would be appreciated so I can make sure to get all the entries.

Okay, like TWO people have entered this? No more hilarious meatality? Really? Still got an hour to make me laugh! Maybe I didn't make the title big enough

That better?

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

you don't need a wireless controller. there is a wireless adapter for pc to use regular 360 controllers

Deusfaux on
  • MorrandirMorrandir Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    proXimity wrote: »
    hTidt.png

This also puts me in the giving mood, so I should come up with a contest too.

Morrandir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Raider MonkeyRaider Monkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey, could someone in the US of A do me a huge favour and gift my brother BF: Bad Company 2? It's like twice the price here so figure it's worth a try. I'll gift whoever does it something of comparable price (little more, little less, I don't mind, just PM the name of it to me).
    As long as he accepts my friend request, I will. :)

Raider Monkey on
    steam_sig.png
  • fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    For the meat comic entry.
    redmeat.gif

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    As long as he accepts my friend request, I will. :)

Awesome, thanks. PM me whatever game you want and I'll gift you it.

Oh and thanks exis and proyebat for the link and attempt respectively.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh snap! Just got randomly gifted the Indie Mix Pack. Stabbity Style is a stand up guy!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Now that I own SMB, I need a way to make my Ps3 controller play nice with my Pc.
    Anyone?

Rizzi on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Someone mentioned Eversion earlier which caused me to track down some youtubes of it

And now I can't decide if I want to buy it or try to forget what I just watched

It looks...

I need to be in a certain state of mind for that game

Nocturne on
  • PsiberianPsiberian Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    a sale like this the wife is gonna kill me lol.

only thing so far that has be bummed not seeing Recettear as part of a pack( I missed the last indie sale that had it). I have heard you guys talk about it a bit in one of the last steam threads, is is safe to assume it is worth the $10 price tag?

Psiberian on
    camo_sig2.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Now that I own SMB, I need a way to make my Ps3 controller play nice with my Pc.
    Anyone?
    Same. Except with a 360 controller. I'm not really sure exactly why the play and charge cord won't do it.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Psiberian wrote: »

only thing so far that has be bummed not seeing Recettear as part of a pack( I missed the last indie sale that had it). I have heard you guys talk about it a bit in one of the last steam threads, is is safe to assume it is worth the $10 price tag?

I'd hold out till the end of the sale to see if it gets a daily deal thing. It might, since it's so popular. If not, though, I'd say it was worth the $10 price point.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Could a few of you that are on now friend me? I need like 4 or so to get the last of my 10 for the treasure hunt objective, and there is only like 45 minutes left (and its the LAST one I need for the contest entry)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/manetherenwolf

ManetherenWolf on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was going to dive on that 4.99 prince of persia forgotten sands until i saw the speel about Ubisofts shit DRM that i need to be connected online for. No thanks, i'll take it if it becomes free one day.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
    edited December 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Someone mentioned Eversion earlier which caused me to track down some youtubes of it

It looks...

The original version is free, and available for download at the developers site. You could always check that out and see if it's something you'd like to pay for to get a better version.

Drake on
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Could a few of you that are on now friend me? I need like 4 or so to get the last of my 10 for the treasure hunt objective, and there is only like 45 minutes left (and its the LAST one I need for the contest entry)

Friended. ed.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Drake wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »

It looks...

The original version is free, and available for download at the developers site. You could always check that out and see if it's something you'd like to pay for to get a better version.

Ahh, thanks for this. Yeah I think I'll want to try it out for myself first.

Nocturne on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Anyone?

Signed Windows Drivers and Utility for Dualshock 3

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

And instructions:
    http://www.motioninjoy.com/help/sixaxis-dualshock-3-driver-install-instructions

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited December 2010

Fellow Alabamastanian?

Friended sho nuff.

Drake on
    edited December 2010
    Woo! Qualified now! Thanks.

I was trying to get the Shatter one for like the last hour, but I can only get like 6.3 million. 11.2 million is ridiculous.

ManetherenWolf on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fuck it, I bought meat boy. I need a second job....

Shade on
    edited December 2010
    oh I might add, Undergarden SUCKED. I couldn't wait to delete that demo after trying it.

ManetherenWolf on
  • remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So.. Whats the deal with Steam right now? I bought Super Meat Boy to gift to someone, and had it sent to my own email address so I could forward the email to him later tonight. But I still haven't gotten the gift, or a reciept of the gift..

Help?

EDIT: If someone wants to just PM me that would be awesome! I need sleep!

remlap13 on
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    oh I might add, Undergarden SUCKED. I couldn't wait to delete that demo after trying it.

I agree. It was horrible.

Renegade Wolf on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    anoffday wrote: »
    Anyone?
    Same. Except with a 360 controller. I'm not really sure exactly why the play and charge cord won't do it.

In order for a wireless 360 controller to work with a PC, you need to buy a wireless adapter.

Or just buy a wired 360 controller, since they're the same price.

Woo.

Lawndart on
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Psiberian wrote: »

Separate finances FTW.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Listen up, heathens.

Got 2 copies of the collection to gift, and seeing as Deus Ex is all about augmentations I want people to design an augmentation that they would like to have. A basic drawing or design pictue is fine.

You all know this will come true:

image1sv.png

Winnnnnner!

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm considering picking up some of the Prince of Persia games... which ones are worth it?

Garthor on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

What's the difference between The Undergarden and Ted Bundy?
    Bundy was easier to escape from.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

I thought it was kinda interesting but that the UI was designed by a mentally deficient squirrel. It took me a lot longer than it should've trying to quit it...

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I thought it was kinda interesting but that the UI was designed by a mentally deficient squirrel. It took me a lot longer than it should've trying to quit it...

I had to alt-F4 out. I couldn't work out how to quit normally.

Renegade Wolf on