As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MechWarrior[miniPhalla]: Game over! Jade Falcon victory!

3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheeseRegistered User regular
edited January 2011 in Critical Failures
The Inner Sphere.

A collection of planets ranging from tropical paradises, to barren desert worlds, to frozen arctic tundras. For years the Inner Sphere has existed in relative peace. Wars break out, and there is certainly conflict a-plenty, but never had there been a serious threat to the stability of the system.

Until C.E. 3052, and the invasion of the Clans.

The Clan warriors were unlike any the Inner Sphere had ever seen. Well-trained, well-disciplined, confident, and utterly deadly. Clan Mechs were more powerful than the Mechs of the Inner Sphere and carried strange weapons, lighter and more powerful than their Inner Sphere counterparts.

Through blood, sweat, and superior numbers, the Inner Sphere halted the Clan advance and took back some of their lost worlds. They had thought the worst over.

The year is C.E. 3058, and Clan Jade Falcon has returned.

They are not the largest, nor strongest, of the Clans, but they are by far the most zealous. Because of this, they are quite possibly the most dangerous.

A garrison on Tharkad VII, a small moon orbiting the Lyran Alliance capital planet, detected a small Jade Falcon scouting party not far from it and dispatched its small contingent of Mechs and foot soldiers to intercept the Clan warriors.

Tharkad VII, however, is known for electrical events, and just as conflict began, a massive storm knocked out most advanced electrical equipment in the area. Mechs and their weapons still function, but passive IFF is offline, as are passive defense systems. The Clan warriors, with their superior Mechs, are still able to identify each other; the Inner Sphere soldiers were not quite so lucky. Fortunately, TacCom satellites were unaffected, and can begin to slowly identify each combatant on the field; they merely await input.

The utter darkness of the moon at night, combined with the raging electrical storm, has made fighting with optics impossible; the Mech pilots must target by grid, and hope that what they're shooting at is, in fact, an enemy Mech...

What is This?

This is a MiniPhalla for 24 people. See this thread for more information on what a Phalla is.

How the hell does this thing work?

The goal in this Phalla is to eliminate all of the opposing faction's Mechs (there are 3 Inner Sphere Mechs and 2 Jade Falcon Mechs in operation).

Each Mech has certain abilities that it may use. These vary between the different Mechs. Mechs may be in one of four conditions:

Fully operational: All abilities available
Damaged: Only some abilities available, and these are less effective than normal
Off-line: Mech may do nothing
Destroyed: Mech is removed from the game; pilot continues as a member of their faction with no abilities.

How Mechs take damage depends on their class. In this game there are three classes: Light, Medium, and Heavy.

Light Mechs take 1 point to become damaged; if hit again while damaged, they are destroyed.

Medium Mechs take 1 point to become damaged; if hit again while damaged, they become off-line. If hit again while off-line, they are destroyed.

Heavy Mechs take 2 points to become damaged; if hit again while damaged, they become off-line. If hit again while off-line, they are destroyed.

The rules governing actual Mech abilities and mechanics will be explained in detail in PMs to the pilots.

Other roles exist and have their own abilities, but they don't need to be discussed here.

Important Mechanics for All

The vote is not the normal elimination. The vote, instead, is a public alignment seer (it does not give any information on roles). The vote does not trickle. In the event of a tie, the last target to reach the total (i.e., the most recent vote target) will be seered and the results announced in the narration.

Elimination of every part of a faction but its Mechs will not result in victory; it is entirely conceivable for a faction to win while out-numbered.

Order of operations (assuming that any of these abilities even exist):
Seer > Guard > Other Abilities > Kills > Bus Drives/Vote Manipulations > Vote

Rules
  • No anonymous contact. PMs, proboards, IRC or IMs etc are all allowed as long as both players talking know who the other is in game. Additionally, please send me links to any proboards you create.
  • No screenshoting or direct quoting of your role PM or any other information I send you. You are allowed to paraphrase it if you want.
  • Dead players may not converse with living players and vice versa, here or on any proboards, or any other place. When you die, whatever you know dies with you. You are allowed one Ghost Post, but it may not contain any game information.
  • Voting is done in bold red. Retracting can be done in bold lime but is not required, just revote.
  • Posts containing a vote can only be edited within 5 minutes of the post being made (and obviously not after vote close). Don't delete posts.
  • Clarifications should be asked in bold orange.
  • You must make ONE vote each day, as well as at least ONE non-vote post. If you fail to meet these requirements you will have 24 hours to respond to my inactivity notice PM or I will contact a reserve to replace you.

Vote Close will be at Midnight EST (American), aka 9 pm PST, aka 5 am GMT.

There is a distinct possibility that there will be a break depending on how peoples' holiday schedules pan out. Obviously, nothing will be required to happen on Christmas Day.

Player List:
2. Kay
3: Moridin889
13: Darkewolfe
16: NotoriousBEN
18: immortal squish
20: Ringo
22: Wildcat
23: Kellie
24: Nodgarb

The dead:

schuss - Inner Sphere Scout (eviscerated)
samurai6966 - Inner Sphere Soldier (vaporized)
JaysonFour - Jade Falcon Warrior (blown to chunks)
Farangu - Inner sphere Tech (blown up and vaporized)
shalmelo - Inner Sphere Soldier (vaporized)
Suki - Jade Falcon Warrior (blown to chunks)
Dunadan019 - Word of Blake Holdout (eviscerated)
B:L - Jade Falcon Warrior (vaporized, blown to chunks, and headshot)
HamHamJ - Inner Sphere Soldier (vaporized)
Kime - Jade Falcon Warrior (blown to chunks)
The Anonymous - Jade Falcon Warrior (headshot)
Spoit - Inner Sphere Sniper (eviscerated)
Alegis - Jade Falcon Assassin (headshot)
Teucrian - Inner Sphere Scout (vaporized)
Matev - Jade Falcon Scout (blown to chunks)

If you missed the deadline, sign up anyway; now accepting [strike]additional cannon fodder[/strike] Reserves.

Reserves:

Clarifications:
Q: How do we sign up?
A: Any post in bold lime!

Narration Links
Minute 0
Minute 1
Minute 2
Minute 3
Minute 4
Minute 5
Minute 6
Minute 7

3cl1ps3 on

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How do we sign up?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Good question!

How you just did, sir.

3cl1ps3 on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    !Mechwarrior, reporting for duty!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well I've never done one of these on the interwebs, but I figure I might as well start sometime

Moridin889 on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    (B:L did you actually sign up or was that just a question for the sake of clarity)

3cl1ps3 on
    edited December 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    (B:L did you actually sign up or was that just a question for the sake of clarity)
    I totally signed up like a mad cat.

edited December 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    I totally signed up like a mad cat.

I see what you did there

3cl1ps3 on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    signup

Dunadan019 on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A game after my own heart!

samurai6966 on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    B:L? Here? MUAHAHAHAHAHA

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited December 2010
    kime wrote: »
    B:L? Here? MUAHAHAHAHAHA
    !BANG

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Signing up, hoping for a delicious assault mech!

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    HEEEEEEEEERRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

...oh wait, wrong mecha series.

The Anonymous on
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    !Sign up

Teucrian on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

schuss on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My other car is a Gunslinger

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Minor Second on
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mechwarrior phalla

Glee

Farangu on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    sure

Alegis on
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Time to do what your father did... what your uncle did... *die* and get out of my way!

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Suuuure make the clans the bad guy. Like always.[tiny]stavag[/tiny]

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ooooh, interesting.

immortal squish on
    <3
    edited December 2010
    6 spots left. List probably won't be updated for ~12 hours, I'm gonna go comatose for awhile.

3cl1ps3 on
  • SukiSuki Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Suki on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    !signuP

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    signup

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    !Signup, quiaff?

Wildcat on
  • KellieKellie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Signup :D !

Kellie on
    21et353.gif

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” - Mark Twain
    edited December 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »
    !Signup, quiaff?

Clanner scum!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    edited December 2010
    With a name like this, what did you expect?

Wildcat on
    edited December 2010
    You'd have a leg to stand on if you were called 'TimberWolf' or something similar. MadCat is the Inner Sphere name for the flagship Clan battlemech.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    edited December 2010
    Eh, close enough for government work.

Wildcat on
  • NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Beam me up

Nodgarb on
    edited December 2010
    And we're full!

Role PMs will be going out shortly with a Minute 0 Narration to follow.

3cl1ps3 on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kay because your name is short and doesn't require me to hit the shift key.

schuss on
    edited December 2010
    All role PMs are now out. Please let me know if you didn't receive one.

Narration incoming shortly.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited December 2010
    Minute 0

Garrison 12, Tharkad VII...

"Sir! I've got something incoming about 5 kliks northwest. Looks like a clan dropship."

"Right, dispatch Lance 5 with detachment 13 to cover. Let's mop these bastards up."

"The Eagle's Talons," Clan Jade Falcon dropship...

"Exalted Mistress, we have made contact on the Inner Sphere scum's holdings. What shall our next course be?"

"Send the remnants of the 3rd Star and their accompanying warriors. This pathetic garrison should take no more force than that to grind beneath our heals."

Tharkad VII...
    A harsh and unforgiving moon. The dense jungle covering its surface might be seen as pleasant, even desirable by some, but those who live or work here know how dangerous the terrain can be. Harsh, sudden storms can arrive with no warning, driven by the air currents over the massive ocean covering the moon's southern hemisphere. The electrical events accompanying these storms are often strong enough to cause serious damage.

As the two forces move towards each other, one of the most severe storms in recent history arrives, bringing with it torrential downpours and a cacophony of thunder. Just as the two contingents reach fighting range, a massive burst of lightning strikes and overloads much of the delicate equipment the Mechs carry. Inner Sphere IFFs go completely offline, although the superior Clan technology is able to function at a reduced capacity. Targeting optics are overloaded by the sudden light, and suddenly the Mechs are fighting blind, having to fire at grids instead of targets and hoping to hit something.

TacCom satellites are online and can provide IFF and targeting data, but first they need input.

Minute 1 has now begun. Vote close is at midnight EST tomorrow.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited December 2010
    What color are tacom votes? Lime?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    Also, Duna, now and forever

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png