As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How do you wash a vibrator

RentRent I'm always rightFuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
edited December 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Yeah

My girlfriend came over for sexy times last week, lost her vibe amidst those sexy times, and is coming over again for some more sexy times in four hours, wherein I will probs be using the vibrator

I have literally just found it about an hour ago. It was on my floor (carpeted)

How do I wash this thing

Rent on

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Break up with her.
    RENT SAID IT WAS OK IN THE CHAT THREAD DON'T INFRACT ME

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If it's waterproof, hot water and antibacterial hand soap.

If it isn't waterproof, carefully with hot water and antibacterial hand soap.

Take the batteries out first, and don't use anything to scrub it.

japan on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    One time i was at this chicks house and I saw a dildo in her dishwasher...

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Vibrators aren't always waterproof. But that's an awesome story.

You should ask your girlfriend if it is. Hopefully she knows.

admanb on
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dildos usually are fine in the dishwasher, it depends on the materials. Vibrators should not go in the dishwasher. Waterproof means it can be fully submerged, but even if it isn't waterproof doesn't mean water will hurt it. Remove the batteries, wash with soap and water, buff to a high shine, and make sure its dry before you put batteries back in.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Not the chat thread, guys.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    For the care and feeding of sex toys, this link should help:

http://www.goodvibes.com/content.jhtml?id=Sex-Toy-Material-Cleaning

By the way, you said in the other thread that it's hard plastic, but just in case other folks are reading this... some soft rubber or silicone blend products will be stained by soap (and silicone lube) and some porous materials don't dry quickly. The stain is harmless; the dampness (which can be a refuge for yeast or other nasty stuff) isn't.

So if it's cheap and soft, make sure you give it enough time to try, but don't fret too much if it ends up discolored from your soap (or lube).

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wait...there are vibrators that aren't waterproof? Why...you know what. Nevermind.

Inquisitor77 on
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sex toys are pretty much built to go into moist-ish areas, but fully waterproof means you could essentially turn the vibrator on and hop into the tub for some fun.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

if it's silicone (and non-electronic, so not a vibrator), this is an excellent way to clean it

Senjutsu on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I just spent the last five minutes jacking off a plastic penis with hot water and hand soap

so...

thanks everybody! Especially feral, def bookmarking that page for future use

Rent on
  • GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You're not supposed to use regular soap on latex or silicone toys. The folks at the Fleshlight Company recommend rubbing alcohol.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You suppose to wash your fleshlight? :oops:

Casually Hardcore on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You suppose to wash your fleshlight? :oops:

Please be joking...

admanb on
This discussion has been closed.