As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PSN and Movies

ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
This may just be a product of me not knowing how the system works, but earlier tonight I wanted to do something simple:

Watch The Book of Eli on PSN.

I cannot find it on the PSN playstation interface at all. However it's listed in that link clear as day, with the options to rent or own it clearly present (I think?). Just to make sure I'm not completely crazy, I went to Elf, which I saw on the screen, and found its link here. It's listing also lists all rent/own SD/HD options, but in the actual store Owning HD is not an option.

Is the lesson learned here that the PSN website is complete fucking shit and that if you don't see it ON THE SYSTEM it's not reliable, or is there something else here I'm not aware of?

subedii wrote: »
I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
Scrublet on

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Not under 'Book' or 'The', so yeah, they don't have it.

MichaelLC on
  • ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Not under 'Book' or 'The', so yeah, they don't have it.

Right, I'm dead sure it's not on the PSN store.

My question here is whether the site (through a web browser, not the PS3) is just broken/not updated, or if there's something else there that should have indicated to me that the movie isn't available.

Scrublet on

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nothing I could find.

The screen you linked looks just like every other movie. Says '2010' for released, the format options were not links on either movie.

Maybe site not updated, which is weird, since it's been out on video awhile.

MichaelLC on
  • ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Here talks about it being a top seller at one point. Is the PSN like NetFlix where movies come and go? I thought once added they stuck around on the PSN.

Scrublet on