As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kamen Rider Double/OOO: Bro, Have You Seen My Underwear?

1235»

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    "Something to the effect of "Never mind the song!" It's from the very first episode."

That's if there's just one quote, some figures' stands pick randomly from a few.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ankh comes with the first run of the OOO Figuarts.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just spent the last two days at work marathoning OOO. For my first Kamen Rider series I'm pretty pleased with what I've seen. Started transcoding Double to my phone last night so I can start marathoning that.

I'm upset that I got into this series so late. I'm really wanting those Candroids. At least I have my preorders in for Skull and the OOO Figuarts to tide me over.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sigh. I stopped watching Double and OOO after a few episodes....
    BECAUSE I'M CATCHING UP ON DEN-O INSTEAD!!!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Are we going to keep getting our chain yanked around or is Birth actually showing up next episode?

And who here would pay for an Anch gauntlet?

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Actually, if you know how to read Japanese, you can probably use these instructions to make your own!

kamenriderooomakeankh.jpg

And it does look like KR-Birth is showing up in the next episode. What I want to know is if they'll use said next episode to set up OOO's portion of Movie War Core or not.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I so glad tamashiiweb exists

http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/item-1000008273/

p.s. I'm not glad at all :(

Reigner on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    They are coming with candroids, whatever those are.

Yeah I haven't watched any OOO yet... working on it.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Not sure how it's going to translate to Figuarts though but these are candroids

10092514159ddb4c5b02234704.jpg

The Hawk and Octopus are what will be coming with the set.

Reigner on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The transforming hero thing is really cool, but the shows are always so damn goofy.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kamen Rider Spirits has this badass named Taki, who is called the Skull Rider. He's a cop. He wears an armored race suit and a helmet with a skull painted on it. He rides a bike and has shotgun knuckles! I'll be damned if I can find a picture of him though.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Not exactly him, but the inspiration...

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/kamen_rider_kajiki/skullman/87-36078/

That SHF double set is a little pricey for my tastes. I'm interested to know and see exactly what it comes with, though.

Edit : Ah, there's a shot of him. And nevermind on the OOO pack, the effect parts are nice...but the Candroids are just little teeny animals for him to hold. They might fold up into the cans.
    RiderBrimstone.jpg

However, the new sentai is looking better and better. If all these translations are right, the main guy is named Captain Marvelous. Another character's name becomes "LUF-FY" when you remove a few letters. And a third is Doctor Who.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Reigner wrote: »
    I so glad tamashiiweb exists

http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/item-1000008273/

p.s. I'm not glad at all :(

Updated with pictures of the candroids and some effects parts.

Nifty, but with the exchange rate it's like $80... and that's just the price Bandai is asking for, not factoring in any shipping and middleman fees you'd have to pay to get it...

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I found a better picture of what Accel's third form is going to look like in his Double Returns movie. It and some rumors about it is in the box.
    kamenriderdoubleaccelbo.jpg

Apparently the new form comes not from a new Gaia Memory like the Trial Memory but rather a 'Gaia Memory Enhancement Adaptor'. It could be that part seen between the chest armor and the Accel Driver/Memory. It's also been said that Booster is three times stronger then Trial, though if it simply means it's also a speed-based form or just stronger overall is unclear.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I like the weird new visor effect. Are those extra thrusters on his ankles?

I think the new form is supposed to be stronger than/slower than Trial, and faster than/weaker than Accel.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The new visor is translucent, according to a different photograph I saw. It's just awesome smoke-tinted.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    This is a bit off-topic but for anyone curious about what's going on with those 'Pirate Rangers' coming up as the 35th Anniversary Super Sentai series, the main group has been picked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCfD40-1Vbo

goukaigercast.jpg

As for their characters' names, Red's got the unusual alias of Captain Marvelous. Pink's Aim De Famille, Green's Don Dockoiver, Blue's Joe Gibuken and Yellow's Luca Millefi. No confirmed word yet on any other cast or characters or which teams will get a spotlight on the show. If they stick to one-episode stories, they'll probably have room to cover every Sentai team with room left over for other special meetings. Some fans hope that will mean a crossover with Kamen Rider OOO much like Kamen Rider Decade crossed over with Shinkenger. The hope of a meeting between the Goukaigers and some representation of the American Power Rangers has also been voiced by more then one fan.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Sorry for a double posting but I thought I'd drop the news that "Kamen Rider Double Forever: A To Z/The Gaia Memories Of Fate" has apparently been released on DVD though only for video rental stores/services so far. If I've read up on it correctly, an actual store release won't come until next month. As for OOO, Episode 18 is airing this weekend, continuing the story which properly introduces the show's 2nd Rider, Birth. For those who want to see how well he did in his first (well second or third if you want to be technical) fight, check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqymU28sI_A

On a related bit of news closer to home, it looks like Saban's decided to do more then create an all new cockpit for the Megazord in PR-Samurai.

prsamuraimegamode.jpg

Known as both Mega Mode and Mega Ranger Mode, it appears the American Samurai Rangers will adopt a tweaked appearance whenever it's time to wreck a few blocks for a giant monster fight. It's not known yet though if this will replace the actual Super-mode Shinkenger used or not. To see MM in action, here's one of the latest promos which also advertises the date the show will premiere for those who might want to TIVO it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFGYrJ5KZGc&feature=player_embedded

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Regarding Accel's new form: looks like he's got more armor on, so I'd assume it sacrifices some speed for durability and strength.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I wanted to let those watching OOO know that the story starting this weekend has been hinted by a blog entry from OOO's actor himself to be the in-series premiere of TaJaDol AKA the Red Core Medal Combo AKA OOO's midseries upgrade.
    kamenrideroooredcombofo.jpg

Due to it's status as being a special combo, fans have wondered if the other two Red Medals (Peacock and Condor) will have the ability to be mixed in multiple color combos or if they'll stay as seperate and only useable with the Taka (Hawk) Medal much like the Fang Gaia Memory only worked with the Joker Memory in KR-Double. The answer to that is...
    kamenriderooomixedredco.jpg

Yes, the other Red Medals can be mixed and used with other color Medals. It looks like the Red Combo's special weapon, the Taja Spinner, will be accessible as long as the Peacock Medal's used.

Of course there's one last CCC left after Red and that's Blue AKA ShaUTa, based off of the aquatic Medals of the Greeed known as Mezuul. You can see what it looks like in the box below.
    kamenriderooobluecombof.jpg

Besides the use of the Eel Medal's electrified whips, the Killer Whale Medal allows OOO to apparently breathe underwater while the Octopus Medal actually splits OOO's legs into multiple tentacles, making it handy for it's finishing move which is another Rider Kick. It's rumored that the CCC's unlocked ability will allow OOO to change himself into a liquid form, simular to KR-Black RX's ability in his BioRider form.

Here's one last picture that doesn't need to be boxed like the others.

kamenrider40thanniverse.jpg

A translation of a magazine article that included shots from the movie indicate that the movie's plot finds OOO dragged into helping Den-O catch another rogue Imagin (Den-O's brand of monsters) through time. It's not clear if they use the time-traveling DenLiner to go back to 1971 or to the 1971 of an alternate reality as previous info stated that they'd be visiting the 'World of #1' ('World of (Rider name here) being the term used in KR-Decade to label their alt-realities) but in either case their actions in that time wreck the timeline, causing the original KR villains known as Shocker to not just reign supreme rather then be defeated by the original Kamen Rider but have their ranks filled with top villains from other KR shows. Now OOO and Den-O have to fix the mess they've created with the help of other Riders, though it may take time for the original Rider to help them as it seems the changes in the timeline may have left him and his partner, KR-2, still under the control of Shocker (who originally made the two Riders as part of their evil schemes).

Oh, and this won't be the last movie for OOO this year as his own solo movie's been announced for a release in August.

EDIT: Sorry for making a long post longer but a translated version of the movie's first teaser promo has popped up. Worth a watch as it has a list near the end of who'll be showing up in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzoSIA5u1bE&feature=player_embedded

Owenashi on
  • Options
    OOO is almost over. Things are heating up.

The OP and title need a little Fourze facelift. Although with the new forums, I'm not sure who will notice this thread...

I have a closet full of OOO toys. Belts, swords, Medals. A full set of figures for all the forms, even the vending machine!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Date is the best. Just saying.

• Options
    I had no interest in the Birth Driver/Buster until I caught up on like 10 episodes I had backlogged. They all contained Date performing wrestling maneuvers on Yummies for no possible reason. Except being awesome. So, now the Birth Driver is being shipped to me, and I'm keeping an eye out for any price drops on the Buster.

He's even in the new DS game, and they brought in Date's actor to do all the voices and everything. Not actually in the video, but it does feature every other main rider ever and their finishers. I'm importing the shit out of this game. It's a beat-em-up, so once someone translates the menus it will be very easy to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVop983NwZg

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I am pretty disappointed that SH Figuarts Birth didn't come with a "100 million" hand.

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    I just learned that Voltron was just cobbled together from two different, completely unrelated anime series.

Also, I just learned my very first fact about Voltron.

Apparently he's a bunch of lions and shit sometimes.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    okay, I must import that game

• Options
    I'm waiting on word that it's easy to play without reading the manual or on-screen directions.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I still wish Chōsōjū Mecha MG came to the US with a pronounceable name
    over 100 robots with different control schemes!