As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL] Boring Trade Deadline, since it wasn't last week..

BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
Welcome to the [strike]Penguins[/strike]NHL thread!

It's about 1 week till the midway point of the season.

Here are the personal trophy leaders! (aka why Sidney Crosby is the best player in the league this year)

one-1.png

Here are the standings copied from nhl.com! (aka, The Devils Suck and it's funny)

two-1.png

three.png

Waffles are Fan Favorites in Toronto, because the team isn't very good! (again!)

Hockey Talk to follow.

Burtletoy on

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I forgot to include the current All-Star voting leaders

four.png

Vote Here: http://vote.nhl.com/

And [strike] ThePensBlog is a blog I read daily and you should too[/strike] Puck Daddy is a blog I read daily and you should too!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In what universe is Lidstrom not the leader for the Norris? You silly homer.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Edmonton dead last in the conference

hurp de derp

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

On ESPN's(or NHL, I forget) Trophy Tracker?

Honestly? I think Dustin byfuglien is my leader currently.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Here is the PA Fantasy Hockey League Standings as well (because I am winning, and no other good reason, bitches)

six.png

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh fine. ESPN really is the worst. Good God. He's the best player on the planet, at 40!

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    No one cares about West Conf. hockey.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    No one cares about West Conf. hockey.

no u

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I don't care about West Conf. hockey, is also correct.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    that's ok, I've never been able to muster the effort to care what happens in the eastern conference, so it evens out.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sedins continue to prove that they have some sort of mental telepathy going on.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Aegis wrote: »

FSN Pitt only had the highlight from the first goal during intermission.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Not 100% sure it was a Sedin to Sedin pass (it was a Sedin goal anyway), but first guy blind backhand passed it across the crease to an open Sedin, with it taking a helpful bounce off a Detroit player.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It was Sedin -> Kessler -> flubbed shot -> other Sedin -> net. Mostly luck in this particular case.

Also, incredibly inconsistent officiating in this game. Everything goes in the first, 4 penalties in the first 7 minutes in the second. And Datsyuk is hurt, some right wrist injury.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Burtletoy has mind control and took over my fantasy team this year, nothing but Pens on there.... somehow this season my fantasy team has both Crosby and Letang. First place = check!

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The biggest problem with losing Datsyuk is that they need Zetterberg for offense instead of just mercilessly hounding Sedins.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

The accepted current term is "Sedinery"

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wait, why is Fleury in? Did Johsnon get injured?

I missed a bunch of the game.

Edit: Oh yeah I can just check twitter, Pens twitter confirms. Bah.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    facetious wrote: »
    Wait, why is Fleury in? Did Johsnon get injured?

I missed a bunch of the game.

Edit: Oh yeah I can just check twitter, Pens twitter confirms. Bah.

Yeah, he took a weird landing on a routine blocker save, but he played the last ~7min after the save that injured him, so I assume it isn't too bad.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What? No mention of BizNasty2point0 in the first post? For shame.

OSUJumpMan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    3v3v Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I wanted to make this thread.. for the glory of the Pacific Division that will have 4 teams in the playoffs this year, and one in 9th.

3v on
    512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I was at the St. Louis game on the 15th.

I remember getting upset when I saw him make a turnover in the defensive end.

Then he scored a hat trick.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Game tying goal for him, Sedins do little 5 on 5. And as I said the Wings needed Z's offense without Datsyuk around.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm so mad we lost that. Game shoulda been ours.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Why do we have a new NHL thread when the other one isn't at 100 pages?

tofu on
  • Options
    3v3v Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Burtle jumped the gun to get his pro-penguin thread up first.

3v on
    512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Jacob closed the other one early, like the cooking thread.

He does that sometimes.

It's whatev.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    And now we're stuck with a Penguins OP

Thanks mods :x

tofu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Would you be happier if I put the western conference standings first?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You could at least remove ESPN's unknowledgable bullshit.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    To whomever in the PA league that wanted a solid back-up goalie.

I assume Rinne is getting the first start back tomorrow/after Lindback's loss tonight.

Not that this means Lindback isn't good, but Rinne was doing great so I assume he will retake the solid starter spot. Lindback is available if you(/anybody) want him.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I'm just kidding

I think you should preserve it the way it is so when Crosby is no longer hot it will be funny

tofu on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Some pretty weak goals by Louie. Unfortunately, his reputation is greater than his performance the last few years.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You could at least remove ESPN's unknowledgable bullshit.

speaking of ESPN I was just there killing time waiting for a download to finish and they have their own NHL all star voting page..... don't dare look at it, it is rage inducing.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Here is NHL.com's Trophy Tracker from 11/23/10, the only other one I can find.
    Winner

Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay -- He's already proven that his 51 goals last season were no fluke. Stamkos leads the NHL with 20 goals and is tied for the lead with 35 points and is a big reason why the surprising Lightning are in the playoff picture. His 10 power-play goals are also tops in the League. He's scoring goals from all over the ice, which shows his growth from last season, when he scored more a third of his 51 goals from the left side, specifically the left circle. He's already had two hat tricks this season and two other multi-goal games.

Runners-up

Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh -- Crosby is Crosby is on pace for his best season ever. He's second behind Stamkos in goals with 15 and tied for the League lead in points with 35. His 20 assists are just two less than League-leader Henrik Sedin. He has 8 more goals and 14 more points than anyone else on his team. Crosby is actually on pace for a career high in goals after scoring 51 last season. He is also dominating in the faceoff circle, winning 56.8-percent of his draws.

Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit -- While there are 20 players in the League with as many or more points than Datsyuk, he's got his 22 points in only 18 games and he's doing it as the No. 1 player on the No. 1 team in what has to be the No. 1 division in the NHL right now. He has 7 goals on just 44 shots and 15 assists for 22 points. He's had a point in all but three games and he's a plus-5.

No chance this is still correct after Sid's November/December. 22game point streak 22goals during it, a 12 game win streak during it, leads league in goals/points, tied for 2nd in assists.
    Calder wrote:
    Winner

Sergei Bobrovsky, Philadelphia Flyers -- Bobrovsky has turned potential into reality. The 22-year-old Russian arrived in North America this fall as one of the game's most intriguing prospects. By November, he has become one of the League's best goalies. He's tied for second in the League with 11 wins and is ranked 11th in goals-against average (2.29), save percentage (.925) and minutes played (916:31) after stealing the job in training camp after starter Michael Leighton suffered a back injury. During the Flyers' 10-game unbeaten streak earlier this season, "Bob" had a 1.70 GAA and a .946 save percentage.

Runners-Up

Jeff Skinner, Carolina Hurricanes -- A surprising No. 7 pick in the 2010 Entry Draft, Skinner has repaid the faith Carolina showed in his with a Calder-worthy performance through the season's first two months. Skinner leads all NHL rookies with 10 assists and 16 points and is second with 6 goals, despite being the youngest player in the League.

John Carlson, Washington Capitals -- It's hard to believe Carlson, the overtime hero for Team USA in the gold-medal game of last year's World junior Championship, is still a rookie. Despite playing 22 regular-season games last season, as well as in the playoffs, Carlson is still considered a rookie, even if he doesn't play like one. He's first among rookie defenseman in scoring with 9 points, including 7 assists.

Number 1 Candidate isn't even on their list, Logan Coulture with his 18(19?) goals this season.
    Norris wrote:
    Winner

Nicklas Lidstrom, Red Wings -- Logic dictates players don't get better at age 40, but that's just what Lidstrom seems to be doing. His 20 points are tied for first among NHL defensemen and his 17 assists are also tied for first. Earlier this season he had an 11-game points streak, the longest of his storied career. He's a plus-3 while playing a team-high 24:19 per game. That includes almost five minutes per game on the power play, as well as more than three minutes per game shorthanded.

Runners-up

John-Michael Liles, Avalanche -- Last season, Liles looked to have taken on a 20-year mortgage in coach Joe Sacco's dog house. This season, however, he's been the team's best defensemen, and one of the best in the League at the quarter point of the season. No defenseman in the League has more than his 20 points, and he has a club-best plus-11 rating while playing 22:29 per game. He's been an anchor for an injury-riddled blue line that's seen 11 different players already play the position.

Zdeno Chara, Bruins -- Tim Thomas stole the early headlines in Boston, but a big reason he was able to do so was thanks to Chara, who is playing at near the same level as when he won the 2009 Norris Trophy. Chara isn't producing at the same level offensively -- 4 goals and 9 points in 19 games -- but he's a minutes-eating machine, averaging 26:41 per game, including 3:16 per game shorthanded, and he's always one-on-one with the opposition's best forwards.

Lilies and Zedeno aren't bad by any strech, but currently? Letang and Byfugicantspellyournamelin are ahead of both. No idea where ESPN gets their predictions for this trophy actually. Visnovsky, 3rd? Elder 5th? I disagree.
    Veznia wrote:
    Winner:

Tim Thomas, Boston Bruins -- What a wild ride it's been for Thomas during the past 18 months. He's gone from winning the Vezina to losing the No. 1 job with the Bruins to Tuukka Rask to reclaiming the starting job and once again establishing himself as a dominant player at his position. Thomas currently leads the NHL in goals-against average (1.49) and save percentage (.954), and his 4 shutouts are tied for first. He also sports a stellar 10-1-1 record that has Boston challenging for first place in the Northeast Division.

Runners-up:

Carey Price, Montreal Canadiens -- Any questions about Price's composure or his intestinal fortitude are quickly being erased in Montreal, where the first-round draft pick has had his mettle tested following the trade of tag-team partner Jaroslav Halak to St. Louis. No longer is Price part of a timeshare, and he's seized the role as undisputed starter with gusto, playing in 20 of the Canadiens' 21 games and posting a 12-7-1 record with a 2.05 GAA (fourth in the NHL), .932 save percentage (third) and four shutouts, which tie him with Thomas for the League lead.

Jonathan Quick, Los Angeles Kings -- All those clamoring for the anointment of Jonathan Bernier as the next big thing in goal in L.A. are going to have to bide their time, because Quick is proving he doesn't plan to cede the starting job anytime soon. Coming off a 39-win season that set a new franchise mark, Quick may get a few extra nights off now that Bernier is in town as his backup, but he's made the most of every opportunity the Kings have given him. Quick is 11-3-0 with a 1.90 GAA (second in the NHL) and .931 save percentage (fifth).

Yup. Those are much better.
    Jack Adams wrote:
    Winner

Terry Murray, Los Angeles Kings -- The rebuilding process long behind his team, Murray appears primed to take the Los Angeles Kings to greater heights. Despite losing 2010 Norris Trophy finalist Drew Doughty for six games due to a concussion, Murray's group marched on and entered Tuesday's action atop the highly-competitive Pacific Division at 13-7-0. After qualifying for the Stanley Cup Playoffs last season for the first time in eight years, Murray and the Kings certainly seem ready to take that next step.

Runners-Up

Jacques Martin, Montreal -- Under Martin's direction, the Canadiens are showing their march to the 2010 Eastern Conference Final was no fluke. Not even the loss of Jaroslav Halak, who was traded to St. Louis in the summer, has slowed the Habs down. They are in first place in the Northeast Division at 13-7-1 and Carey Price has been fantastic as Montreal's clear-cut No. 1 goaltender.

Joe Sacco, Colorado Avalanche -- A finalist for the Jack Adams Award last season (his first as a head coach in the NHL), Sacco is once again doing a dynamite job in Colorado. Even without No. 1 goalie Craig Anderson, who missed nearly a month with a knee injury, Sacco's Avs marched on behind some solid play by backup Peter Budaj. With 25 percent of the 2010-11 season complete, the Avalanche are atop the Northwest Division at 12-7-1.

Don't know enough to care
    Selke wrote:
    Winner

Manny Malhotra, C, Vancouver Canucks -- He's the checking center in every coach's dreams. When the opposition throws its best offensive line on the ice, Alain Vigneault can match with Malhotra, who was been spectacular on the defensive side of the puck this season and can also contribute offensively (10 points in 20 games). His 19 blocked shots put him in the top 20 in the League among forwards and his 12 takeaways rank him third on the Canucks. He's won an astounding 61.8 percent of his faceoffs, ranking him first in the League among players who have taken at least 300 draws. Plus, he's bolstered the Canucks' penalty-killing unit since his arrival.

Runners-up

Claude Giroux, RW, Philadelphia Flyers -- The 22-year-old has shown the potential to usurp Pavel Datsyuk as the perennial contender for this award. Giroux, just like Datsyuk, is an offensive talent who minds his own zone. He is plus-6, on the ice for about 2:55 of shorthanded time per game, and has three shorthanded goals. The winger is no slouch in the faceoff circle, either.

Jonathan Toews, C, Chicago Blackhawks -- Again, not your prototypical defensive forward, but he's the team's No. 1 penalty-killing forward and has 24 takeaways, good for a fifth-place tie in the League. When it comes time for the all-important shorthanded faceoff, Toews has won 48-of-80 draws (60 percent) and, overall, he's winning faceoffs at almost the same rate.

Those look good, but I'm sure it'll go to Datsyuk again.
    Lady Byng wrote:
    Why would anyone care about me?

Don't worry, we don't.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    tofu wrote: »

I'm just kidding

I think you should preserve it the way it is so when Crosby is no longer hot it will be funny

I know.

I'm not really a dick.

But I probably wouldn't change it even if you complained.

(because I'm a dick)

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Corvus wrote: »

The accepted current term is "Sedinery"

I know they didn't coin the term, but I hope I'm not the only one who reads passittobulis.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ITT Burtletoy offends everyone

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    tofu wrote: »

I'm just kidding

I know.

I'm not really a dick.

But I probably wouldn't change it even if you complained.

(because I'm a dick)

Your e-penis will get all floppy when Philly takes you out in the third round of the playoffs :P

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    To whomever in the PA league that wanted a solid back-up goalie.

I assume Rinne is getting the first start back tomorrow/after Lindback's loss tonight.

Not that this means Lindback isn't good, but Rinne was doing great so I assume he will retake the solid starter spot. Lindback is available if you(/anybody) want him.

This might work.

Although I did pick up Boucher. I'll have to look into it more tomorrow.

Sharp101 on