As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blight of the Immortals]

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    all i can say is "freaking gnomes". good luck man. its gonna suck.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Isle of Soda

Ghlinn, there's zombo Gnomes leaving Woodwell for your Treesprite Grove.

They are currently 17 Str, but I am going to try to help. I'm sending my 12 Str Elves there, it's gonna take us both 16h, so I'm not sure who will get there first. In 12h, my Elves are getting 6 more Str, so 18 Str, then I can use Hunter to drop the Gnomes to 14 vs my 16.

This is my plan

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Isle of Soda

Ghlinn, there's zombo Gnomes leaving Woodwell for your Treesprite Grove.

They are currently 17 Str, but I am going to try to help. I'm sending my 12 Str Elves there, it's gonna take us both 16h, so I'm not sure who will get there first. In 12h, my Elves are getting 6 more Str, so 18 Str, then I can use Hunter to drop the Gnomes to 14 vs my 16.

This is my plan

Yes I did notice those, thanks for the help I really could use all I can get. Unfortunately the gnomes are immune to all encahntments so you won't be able to hunt them. My main focus right now is to take back woodwell before there is just too many zombie treemen to deal with then hopefully I'll be able to mop up the rest of them. Not sure how well it will work but I don't see what else I can do so..

Ghlinn on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Its kinda hilarious how the zombies are ignoring everyone else and completely pasting ghlinn:lol: I do feel bad for saying it though

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Rare RabbitRare Rabbit Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Argh I have someone sacking all my markets in a cooperative game with his Goblin army, any idea of how to stop it?

I guess I could just stop building markets but it also stifles my future income.

Rare Rabbit on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Bro Chi MinhBro Chi Minh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dead Men Walking

While I'm on the offensive (took Iron Helm Keep from the blight and I'm headed for Boar Tooth Town) it seems like Kedinik is getting boxed in.

I'm sending what help I have (got an Ent army in the region) but it's looking pretty bad.

Paradiso: Are you going to be able to reinforce Smithrun before that 50-strong Hobgoblin brigade gets there?

Bro Chi Minh on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    All this talk of helping people has made me wonder, what's our policy on backstabbing people in pa games ? I mean not all out wipng someone out just.... appropriating...some land across the map from them they own without asking that I could put to better use anyway

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    All this talk of helping people has made me wonder, what's our policy on backstabbing people in pa games ? I mean not all out wipng someone out just.... appropriating...some land across the map from them they own without asking that I could put to better use anyway

in the end it's a competitive game.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    All this talk of helping people has made me wonder, what's our policy on backstabbing people in pa games ? I mean not all out wipng someone out just... appropriating... some land across the map from them they own without asking that I could put to better use anyway

in the end it's a competitive game.

Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't be happy with you, but it is a competitive game.

And you probably shouldn't expect much sympathy or support if you pull something like that and the zombies come to fuck you up, I think that's one of the main deterrents, if you're going to backstab someone you should have people on your side too.

Bro Chi Minh on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That's what I was thinking, just wanted to confirm...in one game I'm in now I don't see the zombies as a threat at all..but the only way I have a chance at getting close to number one on honor is with a few ahem..hostile takeovers
    OF course now that I've said that people will be watching me like a hawk in all three games I'm in so the point is probably moot

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just signed up for this. I'm down for a game if any lurkers or current players want to start one.

You can stab me in the back or what have you, as long as I learn something along the way. :rotate:

Verr on
  • Options
    ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dead Men Walking

Paradiso: Are you going to be able to reinforce Smithrun before that 50-strong Hobgoblin brigade gets there?

The dwarves will hold. I'm gonna reinforce the shit out of Smithrun.

On my eastern front, however, I've had to retreat from Ogrepond in the face of a horde of kingsmen. The ogres will be very disappointed to learn this.

As mentioned in-game, I still have about 40 red that are moldering in my coffers. If anyone has some yellow or purple (preferably yellow) to send, I'd be much obliged.

God, this game is rad.

Paradiso on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Phew!

Annihilation

I held off two attacks last night. The one I expected to win went as I hoped. However, I expected to straight-up lose the other one, and hopefully just slow the zombies down.

Instead, the last man of Longbarrow still stands.

That's right, I won with ONE DUDE left.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nobodycanreadblacktexonblueanyway

My orcs held off zombie orcs and zombie centaurs overnight. I'm proud of them.

The one surviving orc is now heading back to the capital to exert his well deserved breeding rights.

Unfortunately I now have a unit of unfortified elves that are going to meet some zombie orcs too. If they survive I'll be able to secure my border. If not, shit is going down.

Oooh, I see Victarion is going to lose Blood Thorn Keep if he don't get his ass in gear. Fully fortified zombies are gonna make for an expensive recovery operation.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Annihilation

Yeah, it seems like a good strat is to capture fortified towns near zombie fortified towns, and then just wait till they leave.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i thought zombies didnt get fortification bonus's?

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited December 2010
    Paradiso wrote: »
    Dead Men Walking

The dwarves will hold. I'm gonna reinforce the shit out of Smithrun.

On my eastern front, however, I've had to retreat from Ogrepond in the face of a horde of kingsmen. The ogres will be very disappointed to learn this.

As mentioned in-game, I still have about 40 red that are moldering in my coffers. If anyone has some yellow or purple (preferably yellow) to send, I'd be much obliged.

God, this game is rad.

If you gift me Ogre pond sometime in the next 3 hours I should be able to reinforce it before the zombie men arrive. Otherwise were going to have a zombie troll problem in a hurry (another zombie troll problem, that is).

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    stopgap wrote: »

Is this true? If so I missed it, and that'd be huge for me.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited December 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    stopgap wrote: »

Is this true? If so I missed it, and that'd be huge for me.

Is true.

Tiger Burning on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

If you gift me Ogre pond sometime in the next 3 hours I should be able to reinforce it before the zombie men arrive. Otherwise were going to have a zombie troll problem in a hurry (another zombie troll problem, that is).

From my people to yours.

Paradiso on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Here's a random question I haven't been able to find an answer to: can you move your units through allied cities? Or garrison them there?

Paradiso on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Here's a random question I haven't been able to find an answer to: can you move your units through allied cities? Or garrison them there?

Yes you can.

If you're asking because of Ogre pond, I'm not moving troops there (in which case you could have kept it), I don't have any that would get there in time. Instead I'm going to blow my orange pile after the next tax roll to buy a troll army there (and also hit the zombies with a shaman).

Also, Isle of Sodor.

spazz, Bowyershrine is about to get ganked. If you can't save it, you may at least want to save the elves inside.

Tiger Burning on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nope. Was just curious from a general perspective. By all means, Ogrepond is yours. I only moved on it to try and secure territory from the zombies...which failed once I learned how god damn horrible Nymphs are. Seriously. 2 army strength on a 16/8 exchange? Are you kidding me?

Paradiso on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nope. Was just curious from a general perspective. By all means, Ogrepond is yours. I only moved on it to try and secure territory from the zombies...which failed once I learned how god damn horrible Nymphs are. Seriously. 2 army strength on a 16/8 exchange? Are you kidding me?

Yes, Nymphs are among the caster units, and they seem to be the weakest. Having an army or two around could be really useful, but adding more to one or using them in battle seems doomed.

Vic on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nymphs are good to have around at higher difficulty levels; neutralizing the Elf's hunt or Ent's entangling effects (with special zed crushing power), lifting befuddlement from a unit that needs to activate its power.

They are very situational, though, much like the Enchantress (cleanses an area of blight, forcing all the zeds to flee from it).

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Going to bed now and by the time I wake up my forces will have taken 3 independent and 2 Blighted settlements, and I'll be repelling several Blight assaults throughout the day.

Thing are going surprisingly well, haven't lost a single battle or settlement.

Bro Chi Minh on
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    in 3 easy games simultaneously!!! WTB a higher difficulty game.
    anyone have favorite units/races/positions yet? I'm liking hobgoblins thus far. 8 die 60 str hobgoblin army ftw

valiance on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hobgoblins, Orcs and Trolls for me, Centaurs are nice too.

Ents are great for brute force but they're... not fast.

Bro Chi Minh on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I started with goblins and I'm liking the offensive strength of Hobgoblins and Orcs. Blue and yellow units seem more defensive and I don't really know what to make of greens and purples =[

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I really like my time spent as elves of the north.
    Plenty of action and plenty of troops.

If anyone here sets up a "War of Kings" let me know.
    I'd like to try my hand with the southern elves.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh sweet jesus I hate immortal orcs why do I have to fight the immortal orcs

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dead Men Walking

While I'm on the offensive (took Iron Helm Keep from the blight and I'm headed for Boar Tooth Town) it seems like Kedinik is getting boxed in.

I'm sending what help I have (got an Ent army in the region) but it's looking pretty bad.

There really are quite a few zombies; it's a bit shocking.

I still feel fairly secure with my new fortifications and an 8 shaman stack ready to fire, but it's precarious.

Much obliged to you for the help.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    kedinik wrote: »
    Dead Men Walking

I still feel fairly secure with my new fortifications and an 8 shaman stack ready to fire, but it's precarious.

Yeah, I was disappointed with 'Hard' there for a while. Now.. not so much. Them's a lot of dead folks.

Tiger Burning on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dead Men Walking

Yeah, I was disappointed with 'Hard' there for a while. Now.. not so much. Them's a lot of dead folks.
    still nothing of significance by me :( it's getting boring in the north

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dead Men Walking

still nothing of significance by me :( it's getting boring in the north

Send a crusading army south!

There's a giant doom ball of zombies just south of the center.

kedinik on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hmmmm.

If you attack a province with fortifications but no army, do you seize it freely or suffer losses depending on the strength of the fortifications?

kedinik on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    pretty sure you take it with no losses

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Annilihation

Dear sweet FUCK look at all these zombies we're going to DIE.

In other news, does anyone have 5 blue coins they can lend me in the next 30 minutes or so? Otherwise Longbottom will likely fall.

I'm going to be pausing the game shortly after the defense of Ogrepond, if I can indeed wrangle that. I'd rather not have it on pause not knowing what became of her brave citizens. However, I'll be at my parents doing the Christmas Eve thing then, so I might be slightly delayed.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dead Men Walking

The western front is looking, ah, interesting. I'm fairly confident I can hold onto my lands, but it'll be a while before I can mount a significant cyclopean army to push back.

Kedinik, I'll send over what purples I have once my messenger respawns.

Paradiso on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Annihilation

Longbarrow held out, thanks to a quick donation of blue coins. Having some higher-level lucky heroes started to make me feel a little more hopeful for the future. But only for a second, because check out the overmap:
    sofucked.jpg

Imperfect on