As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I wear a [Chat] now. [Chat]s are cool.

1414243444547»

• Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hachface wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Bolded the part thats really fucked up. Republican right wing has an entire propaganda station 24/7. That is hard as hell to compete with, MSNBC is no where near the kind of echo chamber that fox news is, and desires not to be, which just lets them have more air time to spout insanity.

There are people in this country that believe our president is not a legal resident, you can not reach them ever.

I will also say that MSNBC is 1) not nearly as dedicated to pushing the Democratic line as Fox is to the Republican line and 2) not terribly insightful or persuasive even when it is acting as the liberal water carrier.

This, plus they and CNN care so much about looking objective that they will frequently bring on people to spout right-wing bullshit in order to "get both sides," but not call them on how much bullshit their bullshit really is.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bolded the part thats really fucked up. Republican right wing has an entire propaganda station 24/7. That is hard as hell to compete with, MSNBC is no where near the kind of echo chamber that fox news is, and desires not to be, which just lets them have more air time to spout insanity.

There are people in this country that believe our president is not a legal resident, you can not reach them ever.

I will also say that MSNBC is 1) not nearly as dedicated to pushing the Democratic line as Fox is to the Republican line and 2) not terribly insightful or persuasive even when it is acting as the liberal water carrier.

Because when they are carrying water for democrats they have to keep couching it in a faux belief in journalistic integrity. Like the stupid suspensions of commentators for political donations.

Like Fox would ever suspend one of their morons for donating to the RNC.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

This, plus they and CNN care so much about looking objective that they will frequently bring on people to spout right-wing bullshit in order to "get both sides," but not call them on how much bullshit their bullshit really is.

Basically, when cable news isn't being worthless it's being actively harmful. Such an awful thing.

Hachface on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    And what does Illinois get for our trouble?

you guys have mark kirk and a long history of wonderful mayors/ governors; what more could you want?

Dick Durbin, Paul Simon, Adlai Stevenson, Harold Washington, and this one other black guy. I forget his name.

moniker on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity
    -Yeats, The Second Coming

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision."
    -Bertrand Russell

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

you guys have mark kirk and a long history of wonderful mayors/ governors; what more could you want?

Dick Durbin, Paul Simon, Adlai Stevenson, Harold Washington, and this one other black guy. I forget his name.

Oh I know this one.

Blackraham Lincoln.

Hachface on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Hummm, well that confirms it:
    Economic Left/Right: -5.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-5.88&soc=-4.72

I'm more of a Libertarian than Ghandi...

axeswithnames.gif

that site was created by libertarians to convince everyone that they're secretly libertarian. please just ignore it.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Eddy wrote: »

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision."
    -Bertrand Russell

This will probably always be the case.

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I am not super thrilled with Obama but he's not the main problem. I'm not exactly sure what the main problem is, but it probably has something to do with private financing of elections and a significant portion of the voter base being slack-jawed yokels.

Structural reforms necessary in civil service and parliamentary procedure. It isn't coincidence that all the major landmark progressive periods were coupled with governmental reforms in the first place.

Or

Change the rules; change the game.

moniker on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If I were going to get rid of leaves in the yard today, should I mow and mulch or rake and throw away?

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Like someone will be on CNN talking about how Jesus told them that Obama is really the devil

And the anchor will just be like

"I see... that is a very interesting point. Now on to our next story..."

NO IT'S NOT DON'T GIVE IT ANY LEGITIMACY YOU FUCKER

Blah I gotta stop watching 24 hour news networks

They're good for one thing only, flipping past to see if there has been any major world disaster.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    half the time when they report on major disasters they're repeating shit from the internet

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

-Bertrand Russell

I forget the name for it.

Couscous on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    I'm more of a Libertarian than Ghandi...

Ghandi was a nutjob, so I'm not sure why you would want to compare yourself to him anyways.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

-Bertrand Russell

Think of it this way, as bad as things are now they're infinitely better than they've ever been at any other time in our history. Unless you were a rich, white, land-owning male.

moniker on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So my housemate has the Yellow light error for his PS3 and has found a guide that suggests he effectively bake the CPU with a heat gun for about 10 minutes, amongst other things. This sounds mildly crazy to me, but then I'm no techie, so what do you guys think?

Here is a forums guide if you want more detail

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The cognitive bias known as the Dunning-Kruger Effect?

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    So my housemate has the Yellow light error for his PS3 and has found a guide that suggests he effectively bake the CPU with a heat gun for about 10 minutes, amongst other things. This sounds mildly crazy to me, but then I'm no techie, so what do you guys think?

Here is a forums guide if you want more detail

Here is another guide

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Think of it this way, as bad as things are now they're infinitely better than they've ever been at any other time in our history. Unless you were a rich, white, land-owning male.

Even being a rich white male could suck until you killed your dad and took his stuff.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Oh I know this one.

Blackraham Lincoln.

I wasn't going to go pre WW-II, but okay.

Seriously: Lincoln, Grant, and Obama. You're welcome, rest of the country.

moniker on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Moniker, make us a new chat.

Nexus, you are the backup

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.