As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    okay so why do people have avatars with green borders and little game icons in the bottom right now

also

UV

I spent the last two days straight having sex and watching LOST with my girlfriend, she's never seen it before and is now a huge fan, we just finished season one

how jealous are you on a scale of 1 to 10

1, I suppose

I'm celibate and have gotten way more people into Lost

Seriously around thirty people

Blackbeard, 360 version it is! That's actually the version I already had planned on pre-ordering if you won it, after looking over your name in the PA fighting game community spreadsheet and seeing that you played all your fighting games on 360.

Why would you do that to 30 of your friends?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    okay so why do people have avatars with green borders and little game icons in the bottom right now

also

UV

I spent the last two days straight having sex and watching LOST with my girlfriend, she's never seen it before and is now a huge fan, we just finished season one

how jealous are you on a scale of 1 to 10

1, I suppose

I'm celibate and have gotten way more people into Lost

Seriously around thirty people

Blackbeard, 360 version it is! That's actually the version I already had planned on pre-ordering if you won it, after looking over your name in the PA fighting game community spreadsheet and seeing that you played all your fighting games on 360.

Why would you do that to 30 of your friends?

He did say people, so I'm just going to assume they are enemies.

Why anyone would want their friends to get involved in that convoluted claptrap is beyond me.

Schide on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Blackbeard, 360 version it is!

<3

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    "Convoluted" is not an insult, FYI

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Is claptrap?

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    dantree wrote: »
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    I just got back from the post office, G&T Santee stuff has been sent. Of course, in my haste I forgot to include a note or anything justifying the gifts, not that Lego sets ever needs to be justified, but that's only a small part of the package.

Just wanted to throw in a quick gift get, will be posting pics in the next day or so, just need to hunt down my damned card reader, thanks DHS Odium!

Awesome, I just checked tracking and saw that it was already delivered. Arrived quicker than I expected, then I came here to make sure you got it.

In my haste to get it out the door, I forgot to include a note with it. The shirts were really just packing material, so consider those extra swag. The little tins with goodies were the stocking stuffers, and the main gift are the books and little lego set. As to the books, I know you like photography, so I hope that faces in nature book might give some inspiration. You're also a writer, and while the two old books (very old, check the dates) might not prove the best reading material, maybe they'll be an interesting addition to a bookshelf.

Happy Holidays.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dyvion wrote: »

Is claptrap?

Fuck if I know

Who talks like that

Anyways, this is the SS thread, not "everyone shit on critically-acclaimed shows for some reason" thread

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif
    I got a copy of The Art of Manliness, Ultimate Alliance 2, and a Nerf gun. Thought I'd get a little creative with the "unboxing" pictures, in spirit of the book I received ...

The sun had about reached its peak as I again found myself chopping wood. Today was different, however, as I had recently gained a deeper insight into the true essence of masculinity; due in no small part to The Art of Manliness. It taught me of the essential virtues a gentleman must possess - virtuous which, as I would soon find, should be at the forefront of any man's transactions.
    Video%203%200%2000%2000-01.jpg
    Continuing about my manly duties, I came upon a very queer creature amongst the tall grass. He carried with him a mechanical firearm-type device the likes of which my eyes had never seen, and quite a sight it was. Remembering my recent learnings, I decided to approach the fellow in true gentlemanly fashion.
    Video%204%200%2000%2000-07.jpg
    It wasn't long after our refreshingly civilized introduction that we found ourselves engaged in a riveting game of horseshoes. It was simply capital!
    Video%205%200%2001%2056-20.jpg
    As sure as Mother Fox tucks her cubs into the den at night, we, too, found it time to retire. A hearty meal seemed in order, as our bellies grumbled something fierce. Nothing elaborate for us; just a nip of whiskey, and a bloody steak.
    Video%206%200%2001%2021-02.jpg
    We later found it appropriate to begin the after dinner festivities. Sasquatch (as I have now come to know him) produced a moving-picture-manipulatory-control-box. A 'rousing bit of fun we had, indeed!
    Video%207%200%2000%2054-15.jpg
    Throughout the night, I gained a great admiration for Sasquatch's debonair wit and eloquent prose.
    Video%208%200%2000%2042-30.jpg

Many thanks, Secret Santa, for a very manly Christmas (and one certainly not at odds with the teachings of The Art of Manliness)!
    Video%209%200%2000%2000-22.jpg

Daemonion on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Does that predate the essential The Alphabet of Manliness?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif

Christmas comes early for parabola!

A wild box appears!
    IMG_0059.jpg

When opened it appears to be from thinkgeek
    IMG_0063.jpg

The gift note reads: parabola- Partake of delicious bacon flavo(u)red coffee while you stave off the plague! ForceVoid

Interesting. Bacon flavoured coffee? Sounds interesting. I don't have the plague tho...
    Oh god cute little plush plague cells in a petri dish.
    IMG_0064.jpg

Aww who thought such a vicious killer could be so cute.
    Fun note. These little guys were never actually eradicated but cases of it have been quite few nowadays.
    IMG_0066.jpg

So apparently I'm also supposed to partake of bacon flavored coffee.

How am I to accomplish this?
    WITH BACON SALT! Haven't had a chance ever to try this as I can only find Baconaise in BC. It's good.
    IMG_0067.jpg

But uh yeah that coffee bit, I don't have a coffee maker....
    UNTIL NOW. These guys are supposedly pretty awesome for making quick and good coffee, simpler than french presses. Guess i'll find out. Got to get me some good coffee grinds.
    IMG_0070.jpg

So despite getting charged by customs (stupid customs) I am more than content. Now to get me some coffee grinds so I can try this thing out.

Thank you ForceVoid! <3

Everything together:
    IMG_0071.jpg

parabola on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Does that predate the essential The Alphabet of Manliness?
    I think the Alphabet of Manliness came out first. I haven't read that one, but I could tell as soon as I saw the gentleman on the cover that The Art of Manliness was going to be awesome, and indeed, it is.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    so what'd you get? A ghilli suit?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh man, the Aeropress. Is that the thing Will Smith from Tested is always pushing?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited December 2010
    so what'd you get? A ghilli suit?
    A copy of The Art of Manliness, a sweet nerf gun, and Ultimate Alliance 2 for the 360.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MUA2 is a great game.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    MUA2 is a great game.
    Yea, I'm pretty excited because I made a thread about good coop RPGs, and that one came up multiple times. I never got around to picking one up, but now I don't have to!

Daemonion on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh man, the Aeropress. Is that the thing Will Smith from Tested is always pushing?

I found this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oIMgGuVt3k

So yes?

parabola on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What time is it?

Is it

GiftGet4b.gif

time?

Oh, yes. Two packages have appeared from the Amazons.

Member of the Indian Purrliament and former United Cat Nations Tiger-Secretary General, Shashi Tharoor will be providing commentary.
    santa02.jpg
    "What?"

santa03.jpg
    "I'm hungry, when are you going to get me some cat food?"

santa04.jpg
    "Seriously, we've been out of cat food all day. This is not edible."

santa05.jpg
    "Oh, cool, Zelda."

santa06.jpg
    "Sigh. Maybe I'll just follow this zombie's example and eat you."

(thanks santa this is all excellent. the green apple mushroom candies are especially delicious.)

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE
    My Santa contacted me to let me know this isn't the whole gift. In fact, this appears to be little more than an AUXILIARY gift, given because the amazing, incredible E-MUG that I have been purchased is backordered until next month.

e-mug_main3_large.png?1291956709

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I'm so excited about this

Thanks WIckedkarma!!!!!

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That is a sweet mug. There have been a few great mugs in the thread so far, I might have to drink more coffee so I can have a need for awesome mugs like these.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is the first Ultimate Alliance worth picking up for PS3?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, it's pretty fun. Good mix of characters, decent story.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This can't be right, I'm in work on Christmas Eve. I need some festive cheer guys. FESTIVE CHEER.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am at work too but you don't see me crying over it!
    :cry:

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    OH MAN.

GiftGet4b.gif
    Mary-Jane, the original "Cat In A Box That People Thought Was Actually A Gift For Some Reason" investigates the package!

01%20-%20MJ%20Box.JPG?m=1293196145

What? A note?

02%20-%20Note%20Outside.JPG?m=1293196157

How did you know I love Xzibit?

03%20-%20Note%20Inside.JPG?m=1293196175

My first present! A book! I confess, Santa - I have read this book. My girl and I tried to see it in theatres, but the HORRIFIC SCENE THAT PEOPLE SHOULD BE WARNED ABOUT really got to us and we had to leave. Thankfully, it's a lot less graphic in the book. Never fear though, Santa, I know someone who's gonna LOVE this.

04%20-%20Dragon%20Tattoo.JPG?m=1293196198

Present the next! Another book! An awesome book! I fuckin' LOVE Calvin and Hobbes! The last C&H book I had had coffee spilled all over it, and I have been eyeing this book for YEARS now. Thrilled!

05%20-%20Calvin%20and%20Hobbes.JPG?m=1293196212

More book! This one has been on my list to get for a while, actually. I love "you can do it" tech stories, consider this is the industry I work in.

06%20-%20Web%202.0.JPG?m=1293196229

I am, yes, a total language snob. A Grammar Nazi, if you may. My texts are properly spelled, with no "u" or "lol" or "kk" - unless I am being ironic, anyhow. So this book? EXCELLENT CHOICE.

07%20-%20Bastard%20Tongue.JPG?m=1293196240

At this point, my other cat - Midnight - decided she wanted in on the whole "lol kitteh in box am present" joke:

08%20-%20Midnight%20Box.JPG?m=1293196251

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL THE PRESENTS. I mentioned on my Twitter that I loved comic books and my Santa came through in SPADES. Dark, brooding spades:

09%20-%20Batman%20Deathblow.JPG?m=1293196262

And one more, the crowning achievement. A book that has been on my list forever and I have LUSTED OVER in bookstores, but not been able to bring myself to buy it for many reasons over time:

10%20-%20Killing%20Joke.JPG?m=1293196274

Santa, I gotta admit, I didn't recognize your avatar, so come on out and get your VERY deserved recognition. This is a FANTASTIC haul and I'm so thankful for you!

Imperfect on
  • Options
    PepperSinclairePepperSinclaire Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    B64gy.gif

Out of the blue, not one but two parcels arrived today!

The first confused me, as it came at the same time as something else I'd ordered from Amazon, so I had Captain Vibro the vibrating Xmas hedgehog check it out for me:
    hUFyc.jpg
    Funbucks! And with it the suggestion that I use them to try Breath of Death VII. I have now used the right title, and downloaded it yesterday, not tried it as of yet but it sounds cool!

Then, as I was watching the end of Die Hard, a second parcel containing two gifts:
    0s9lV.jpg

In the blue wrap:
    pGmvO.jpg
    HOLY SHIT YES! I was holding off buying this until the January sales!

And in the gold wrap, a note reading "Best Christmas movie" was attached to:
    PcgPz.jpg
    :D:D:D No word of a lie, the credits for Die Hard were rolling as I opened this, to much joy from myself and an "oh god" from Mrs PepperSinclaire when I told her Die Hard 2 was also set at Xmas and so it's joining the holiday movie rotation.

The complete haul:
    u1LU9.jpg

Mystery Santa, thank you so much! Reveal yourself so I can shower you with further praise!

PepperSinclaire on
    Signature pending.
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    parabola wrote: »

I found this:

So yes?

I bought my girlfriend one of these for Christmas. She had to fly out to see her parents the same day so we haven't tried it yet, but I'm excited to do so when she gets back. I've heard lots of good things about it.

elevature on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    just found the note that came with last year's secret santa gift, where I was reminded that absolutezero sent me a hillshire farm sausage.

I lived off that thing for like 2 days

also, some sweet giftage on this page. everyone should go get themselves some bacon salt posthaste

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    so I've received two boxes from my santa both were very awesome. his note suggests that there may be one more coming...but my family has decided to start wrapping every package that arrives in the mail for me. O_o

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My santee's gifts shipped yesterday. They shipped in two parts, and one of them on its own is going to seem very strange. I hope they arrive on the same day.

elevature on
  • Options
    battledrillbattledrill Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    OH MAN.

GiftGet4b.gif
    Mary-Jane, the original "Cat In A Box That People Thought Was Actually A Gift For Some Reason" investigates the package!

01%20-%20MJ%20Box.JPG?m=1293196145

What? A note?

02%20-%20Note%20Outside.JPG?m=1293196157

How did you know I love Xzibit?

03%20-%20Note%20Inside.JPG?m=1293196175

My first present! A book! I confess, Santa - I have read this book. My girl and I tried to see it in theatres, but the HORRIFIC SCENE THAT PEOPLE SHOULD BE WARNED ABOUT really got to us and we had to leave. Thankfully, it's a lot less graphic in the book. Never fear though, Santa, I know someone who's gonna LOVE this.

04%20-%20Dragon%20Tattoo.JPG?m=1293196198

Present the next! Another book! An awesome book! I fuckin' LOVE Calvin and Hobbes! The last C&H book I had had coffee spilled all over it, and I have been eyeing this book for YEARS now. Thrilled!

05%20-%20Calvin%20and%20Hobbes.JPG?m=1293196212

More book! This one has been on my list to get for a while, actually. I love "you can do it" tech stories, consider this is the industry I work in.

06%20-%20Web%202.0.JPG?m=1293196229

I am, yes, a total language snob. A Grammar Nazi, if you may. My texts are properly spelled, with no "u" or "lol" or "kk" - unless I am being ironic, anyhow. So this book? EXCELLENT CHOICE.

07%20-%20Bastard%20Tongue.JPG?m=1293196240

At this point, my other cat - Midnight - decided she wanted in on the whole "lol kitteh in box am present" joke:

08%20-%20Midnight%20Box.JPG?m=1293196251

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL THE PRESENTS. I mentioned on my Twitter that I loved comic books and my Santa came through in SPADES. Dark, brooding spades:

09%20-%20Batman%20Deathblow.JPG?m=1293196262

And one more, the crowning achievement. A book that has been on my list forever and I have LUSTED OVER in bookstores, but not been able to bring myself to buy it for many reasons over time:

10%20-%20Killing%20Joke.JPG?m=1293196274

Santa, I gotta admit, I didn't recognize your avatar, so come on out and get your VERY deserved recognition. This is a FANTASTIC haul and I'm so thankful for you!

I am so full of relief that you liked your presents Imperfect. I am also super stoked you got the package before Christmas. The Killing Joke might be one of the best comic books ever written so that was the first gift I got you. The other ones took a bit more looking into. Merry Christmas, and you've made me very happy knowing you liked the stuff.

battledrill on

edited December 2010
    Hey, look!

G&T Secret Santa is on youtube!

Ho ho ho

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    parabola, so happy you like the gifts! I had to do some stalking in the PAX thread to find your wishlist. Bummer about the customs charge, if you have a paypal account, I will reimburse you.

Edit: I could also send you a check, I have your address after all...

Neurotika on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mr Heist wrote: »
    Hey, look!

G&T Secret Santa is on youtube!

Ho ho ho

Hahahahaha. That is great.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nothing in the mail today, so I guess my stuff is showing up after Christmas. On the plus side, we have all of our wrapping done and the gifts are under the tree so I can relax until it's time to do Christmas dinner. It's snowing again, too, and there are five or six squirrels running around the yard.
    christmastree2010.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif
    So a while ago I got a package from my Santa but I've held off posting because he/she said a second part was on the way. Lo and behold a few days later I received some awesome festive gifts by email. Here to open and show off the gifts is 'Dwark', my Boglin:

5286094869_f58e23a68a.jpg

5286694338_8730a2c4c1.jpg

Dwark doing the best he can to give a thumbs up to the contents! I'm actually Live-less at the moment, you may be able to see two 360s in the background, well, one of them is a 'homebrew' console and the other has a serious case of rrod. Fortunately I have it on good authority that I'm getting a 360 slim for Christmas and I've been stock piling a list of awesome XBLA games I want to play. These points will do nicely!

So on to the contents by email:

5286695504_c455056a22.jpg

We have Braid

5286695802_8976b78c0b.jpg

Machinarium

5286097165_bba138d0ef.jpg

Osmos

And also the rest of the Humble Indie Pack 2! I haven't installed the other games yet though as I've hardly been in the house.

I was also sent a code for:

5286696722_7173b77607.jpg

No, not monitor cleaners, which I desperately need, but Minecraft! I've been dying to play it but I'm not letting myself install it (that's a youtube vid) until after New Year as I fear it may dominate my festive season!

And as if that wasn't enough I got an email from the Humble Indie Bundle folks telling me that I'm now allowed to download Pack 1 too. Awesome, more games! And I have a few days off coming up too so I can get stuck in to them (not to mention it's my birthday on Tuesday, so that's a day full of ME time!).

So thank you very much Santa! Sorry it's taken me so long to get the pictures up, I've been working loads lately.

Glad you liked it! I was happy to see the humble bundle 1 given out too. Enjoy, and Happy Holidays :D

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santa,

I had to leave LA for a few days last second. If you don't here anything don't worry, I'll be back Monday.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I got another package from my SS. It's a minature lightsaber. Unfortunately my phone is dead, so no picture right now. Just wanted to let him know it arrived safely this morning.

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    parabola, so happy you like the gifts! I had to do some stalking in the PAX thread to find your wishlist. Bummer about the customs charge, if you have a paypal account, I will reimburse you.

Edit: I could also send you a check, I have your address after all...

I do indeed have PayPal. You have my email address too right?

parabola on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So my brother had informed me he has received two packages in the mail that are both for me!

Now the question is, should i just open them now or wait 'til tomorrow and open them in front of my Christian family?

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
This discussion has been closed.