As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The New Comic Thread for Monday, December 27th

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I wouldn't worry about political jokes from PA. It looks more like a joke on being forced to watch news with the parents, and who on Earth wants to do that?

Still, a fourth panel on this would be funny. Especially a fourth panel on the "religion" strip.

Oddly the newspost doesn't even touch on todays comic but is almost entirely about Fridays.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    this rent is too

damn

high

Langly on
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    This isn't a political comic.

This is a comic about stupid people.

The difference is that one is a noble pursuit and the other one is a political comic.

It depends on the observer. If you believe it's the latter, then that's also making it the former as well. Especially as the thread is going.

This is true.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I wouldn't worry about political jokes from PA. It looks more like a joke on being forced to watch news with the parents, and who on Earth wants to do that?

Still, a fourth panel on this would be funny. Especially a fourth panel on the "religion" strip.

Oddly the newspost doesn't even touch on todays comic but is almost entirely about Fridays.

Ya, seems like Friday's comic got a lot of play.

Tycho and I seem to be in pretty much the same situation, down to the religious parents disapproving of a gay sister.

KalTorak on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So weird

My father-in-law has been watching FOX all weekend and my wife and I just finished a conversation about how it is the bane of my existence literally 2 minutes before I checked out the comic

"But on CNN you only get the left side of the issues"

... and you get both sides on FOX?

joshofalltrades on
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I actually like the news post for this one.

It really puts Friday's comic into a clearer perspective, at least for me.

[IMG][/img]
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Uriel wrote: »
    I tried watching fox news and I agree with this comic.

They would blame the law of gravity on obama if they could.

Just for kicks I googled "law of gravity, obama, fox".

The results were quite disturbing.

tallgeeze on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    OBAMACARE

august on
  • BEARDBEARD Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My mom does a picture-in-picture thing where she watches FOX news on one half of the screen and MSNBC on the other half

it is pretty terrible when you come home from college, having escaped the land of T.V., and are faced with two terrible news stations simultaneously

BEARD on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My mom mostly just watches Judge Judy

and my dad gets his daily reprieve from the lamestream media from talk radio instead of fox

Speed Racer on
  • jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have basically no idea what my parent's political opinions are.

It is a good thing.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
    edited December 2010
    My dad watches Fox News pretty regularly, but I just tune it out.

Though when he starts in on how Obama is terrible at his job, I ask him whether or not a party that withholds medical care to 9/11 first responders is any better.

[IMG][/img]
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've learned to avoid political arguments with my dad when I can

because while his opinions are obviously flawed or bigoted, he is actually a pretty good debater and manages to get the issue twisted all up in knots to the point where I don't even know what the fuck we're talking about anymore

and when I actually do get him in a corner he just assures me that even though he doesn't have a response to what I'm saying there are really smart people who agree with him that could tear my argument to shreds

such as Rush Limbaugh

Speed Racer on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I guess I'm lucky in that my parents are smart enough to swear off TV news. My dad used to watch the News Hour on PBS but I guess he doesn't anymore. He's intellectual but still conservative, so I just avoid talking politics.

KalTorak on
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    BEARD wrote: »
    My mom does a picture-in-picture thing where she watches FOX news on one half of the screen and MSNBC on the other half

it is pretty terrible when you come home from college, having escaped the land of T.V., and are faced with two terrible news stations simultaneously

Haha.

You consider FoxNews and MSNBC news stations.

Haha.

SeñorAmor on
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This comic touches on why I don't watch the news channels and get all my news on the Internet. I would love to see a 4th panel on this as well, or if they don't want to do a 4th panel I wouldn't mind seeing a return of downloadable content for certain comics. Specifically this one and friday's.

nevermore13 on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gaslight wrote: »
    This makes me nervous, especially considering what Mike and Jerry have said about why they don't do political humor in the past.

Some of us look to PA as a haven from this sort of real-world shit. Please guys, just stick with vidya game and wang jokes. :(

GABE AND TYCHO DO NOT READ THE FORUMS

This comic really isn't political at all. I mean, it mentions a politician, but it isn't making a political statement or anything.

DouglasDanger on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »

So many bad words to describe black people.

:(

Tallahasseeriel on
  • NerdyHeritageNerdyHeritage Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

The MAN is keeping them down.

NerdyHeritage on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS: 0775 9129 1567 Black: 3267 4422 1986
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Iolo wrote: »
    Political comic. Very rare. Possibly dangerous.

Must remember to investigate further. Hurm.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »

So many bad words to describe black people.

:(

I knew places like N****rmania.net existed, but I didn't think it was that bad.

Fuckin' embarrassment to this country, those racists.

tardcore on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This comic touches on why I don't watch the news channels and get all my news on the Internet. I would love to see a 4th panel on this as well, or if they don't want to do a 4th panel I wouldn't mind seeing a return of downloadable content for certain comics. Specifically this one and friday's.

Not to totally derail this; but what makes you think news on the internet is any more reliable than on the television? Aren't you making the same judgement no matter where you obtain news from - ie just how reliable is this source, what are its credentials?

The_Scarab on
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Waagh waagh, is it political, is it not political, are the end times coming, did I wet the bed?

Who gives a shit.

Funny comic.

BlackDove on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Whoa whoa whoa, guy.

Gravity is just a theory.

Aneurhythmia on
  • LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    BlackDove wrote: »
    Waagh waagh, is it political, is it not political, are the end times coming, did I wet the bed?

Who gives a shit.

Funny comic.

Pretty much this.

Lagnar on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

The MAN is keeping them down.
    Many thumbs up for this

Well, two

Houk the Namebringer on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gabe's wish was for real death panels

(apologies if this has been said already)

Abracadaniel on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    republicans am i right

Fuga on
  • kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Both my and my wife's parents are pretty strongly against Obama. They never pass up a chance to deride him in front of us due to the fact that we 'broke ranks' and voted Democrat for the first time in either family's history (as far as anyone knows - which probably isn't that far at all, really).

Thing is, I'm pretty much have zero faith in anyone who runs for public office anyway, so I go into every election expecting to be let down.

So, y'know, whatever.

kingworks on
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If you don't get your news from the Internets, you're doing it wrong.

I suppose Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert is okay.

Xehalus on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    PBS news hour man

iphones advertisements aside

Jars on
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm so glad the majority of my family is left wing, so I never have to see any of that shit.

save for what they show on the Daily Show/Colbert Report of course.

HeadCreeps on
    vEaRQgH.png
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There is nothing but Fox News at my base. Sucks the most cause when I workout in the gym that one bitch Megyn Kelly is on. Makes me pump iron way too much in anger so I become way too strong and powerful.

Although sometimes Food Network is turned on and that douche Guy Ferrari is on. My eyes start bleeding and stuff.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The_Scarab wrote: »

Not to totally derail this; but what makes you think news on the internet is any more reliable than on the television? Aren't you making the same judgement no matter where you obtain news from - ie just how reliable is this source, what are its credentials?

It is not necessarily more reliable if I only went to one source. However, I try to get news from a couple of different sources so that i see multiple perspectives as opposed to only seeing it from one perspective as I would from any TV news station. However, I do see your point in the medium not mattering unless you seek out multiple sources.

nevermore13 on
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Xehalus wrote: »

Neither of those are news programs.

This is a political comic, but that's ok.

Coinage on
    edited December 2010
    How is it a political comic when they aren't making a real point besides that Fox News has a haterection for Obama?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Coinage wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »

Neither of those are news programs.

True, but in order to understand the jokes, I need to know what the jokes are about, so they neccessarily have to explain the news to you before they can start making fart jokes and showing funny videos of old ladies tripping on ice

...or something

Jintor on
    edited December 2010
    I don't think I'd even read about politics or look at it the same way without people who joke about it.

The Daily show provides a useful service, they put a spin on it to soften the blow that all this depressing shit has on a young man.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fuga wrote: »
    republicans am i right

What kind of option is left?

The comic was good.

The news post, exquisite.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Propriety wrote: »
    Fuga wrote: »
    republicans am i right

What kind of option is left?

YES.

This is what I want.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie