Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[JAM MOBA SON] League of Legends: onions suck

• kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow Cass.

She's so much fun.

Just like purple explosions and fangs everywhere at all times.

lancealot_zpsb9e62895.png
  • cptruggedcptrugged Aim For The North Pole!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The lack of the range indicator when smart casting is alittle jarring to me so I find smart casting hard. But I guess in the end its one of those things where if you know your ranges without the crutch of the indicator you can throw down and run instead of hobble.

• FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't understand how someone can have over 800 wins and still manage to suck hard with Ez.
    Yesterday I had two sessions where I would log in, play a game, win with a good team and then try another match because I was riding the good game high and the second team was just so terrible I wanted to smash myself in the face with my keyboard.

• SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Stragint wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    hay guys there a green dot over your teammate's portrait to tell you if their ult is off CD or not

I found that out maybe a week or two ago after having played for about six months. I felt foolish
    The green dot is broken as shit, don't rely on it.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys, talk to me about how to play Sivir. I need to learn an AD ranged carry. Right now I'm following Zen's recommendation to just build Chalice -> Boots of choice -> Stark's Fervor -> BF Sword items, but what I really need is tips on how to not get eaten in the teamfight phase.

3DS: 5043-2471-1061
    Battle.net: Spawnbroker#1471
    Nintendo Network ID: Spawnbroker
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    so i have gotten a five and a half minute dragon with olaf with cloth and pots

is it better to go with scepter, instead or maybe elixir

i'm sure i can't pull off a warwick time but i was hoping for 5 flat, is it possible

XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • TracerBulletTracerBullet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Btw, how do I build/skill-order/generally play Kennen? I tried him for the first time and had fun, but was woefully underpowered because I did recommended items and leveled my skills equally.

*edit* Also, what is smartcast? I've seen it mentioned but know nothing about it/have never used it, which I'm sure is a mistake at my level.

Start with a Dorans Sheild, rush a Rylais and pick up boots 1 along the way, then Merc Treds, then either Zhonyas or Abyssal Scepter depending on how the game is going.

For masteries I like Tracer's 9/21/0, with the AP stuff in offense.

You can start by maxing either Q or W. I haven't personally tried maxing W first but I've heard it works. Q does a ton of damage early game, and W is great for general harassment, especially if you have the pleasure of being the 1 in a 2v1 lane.

In teamfights, wait for the fight to start, run in, ult, stun everyone, win fight. Repeat until game is won.

Completely wrong, in teamfights, what you do is go

"Someone want to initiate?"
    "No? No one? Ok, here I go"
    "ZOOOM ZOOOM MOTHERFUCKERS!!"
    Proceed to take their whole team down to half, while they scatter, because for some reason being inside Kennen's circle of doom is scary.

Then let the rest of your team mop up while you ZOOM ZOOM away JUST before getting anally violated to death, and then complain that Zen is stealing your kills.

Or, show up last to teamfights, and using your beautiful Rylai's scepter land that perfectly clutch Q to slow somone down, then keep them slowed/stunned just long enough for them to never escape.

Never escape.

But yeah, seriously;

Doran's Shield+Hp pot
    First trip back: TRY for a Giant's Belt+Boots 1
    2nd trip back: Finish Rylai's and Boots 2
    Next get a Zhonya's Ring or an Abyssal Scepter, the Abyssal if you could be doing better, the Zhonya's ring if you're a straight G.
    Build whichever of the above you didn't build
    Aegis of the Legion
    Guardian Angel

9/21/0

Exhaust+Ignite

Magic pen reds and magic pen blues, CDR yellows, flat health quints.

Use your exhaust to 1)Completely shut down physical carries(that Ashe' being a total butt in teamfights? No more) 2)To completely ensure a runner cannot escape your ninja-brand-justice

Oh, and you CAN mid very well, Kennen's probably one of the best mids in the game. What you want to do is be super aggressive, there are very few people who can outharass you.

Just don't push your lane too far, and once you hit level 6 you should be perfectly capable of killing something. And make sure you disappear from time to time to use your ultimate on top and bottom lanes.

Edit: Generally, I like to sidelane as Kennen, but midding is perfectly viable. I would say take mid over the sidelane if they have a super-annoying character mid. Your Ashe doesn't wanna handle Vlad? No problem, Kennen does things to Vlad that I can't even write about here without contacting the FCC.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, once you get a Rylai's, remember to kite while running away, carefully timed Q's and W's will make it so you cannot be caught. And at any point, if you have your ultimate, don't be afraid to use it just so you can escape.

Spoiler:
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys, talk to me about how to play Sivir. I need to learn an AD ranged carry. Right now I'm following Zen's recommendation to just build Chalice -> Boots of choice -> Stark's Fervor -> BF Sword items, but what I really need is tips on how to not get eaten in the teamfight phase.

Blah, I wrote almost a mini-guide last thread. Here it is again:
    Spoiler:

As a slight update, I ran 21/9/0 yesterday with MP/5 runes. 21 points did not include attack speed, rather it was the magic pen stuff, and base damage booster skills. 9 points did not include dodge, but instead picked up strength of spirit for the extra regen because that build is squishier.

If you run the MP/5 build you have to be a lot more careful about spamming your abilities (particularly leaving W on).

• BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's an improvement over DOBA at least.

bethryn.png
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User
    edited December 2010
    we need some doba yo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Blah, I wrote almost a mini-guide last thread. Here it is again:
    Spoiler:

As a slight update, I ran 21/9/0 yesterday with MP/5 runes. 21 points did not include attack speed, rather it was the magic pen stuff, and base damage booster skills. 9 points did not include dodge, but instead picked up strength of spirit for the extra regen because that build is squishier.

If you run the MP/5 build you have to be a lot more careful about spamming your abilities (particularly leaving W on).

That's very helpful, thanks! I think I'll run MP/5 seals and still grab manamune in my first couple games, just to get a hang of her.

3DS: 5043-2471-1061
    Battle.net: Spawnbroker#1471
    Nintendo Network ID: Spawnbroker
    edited December 2010
    Glad it was helpful! Stacking regen seals with Manamune is kind of a waste. Manamune is all the Mana regen/mana you'll ever need if you take it. Taking both is overkill. If you're gonna Manamune grab dodge seals or something else survival related

edited December 2010
    we need some doba yo
    We jam totes don't son.

bethryn.png
    edited December 2010
    edited December 2010
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    edited December 2010
  • olliedagolliedag Registered User
    edited December 2010
    The pure awesomeness of the posts above has shocked me .. Excuse me whilst I go recover from this overdose of awesome.

edited December 2010
    They need to release another champion with cool build synergies.

bethryn.png
    edited December 2010
    I always read "undeinPirat" as "Underwear Pirate". Help me understand why

edited December 2010
    literally everyone does

i think i stumbled onto some sort of psychological discovery with this name

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck NONSTOP INFINITE CLIMAX POSTING you must go on i cant go on ill go onRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think i'm the only person in the world who reads it as and a pirate

obF2Wuw.png
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    undee
    hnnn
    pee
    rot

3DS: 5112-3515-8441 | PSN: Nezandy | XBL: Arikado PA | Origin: ArikadoPA
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | Twitter
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    oooon

deehhhh

eeeeen

Peeeeeee

Roooooooo

344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Waiting for Pirat

Do not have a cow, mortal.

3DS: 2251-4432-9039

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited December 2010
    I think i'm the only person in the world who reads it as and a pirate
    und ein Pirat is how I see it too.

bethryn.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
  • RikushixRikushix Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm going to knock all of your heads together.

StKbT.jpg
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rikushix wrote: »
    I'm going to knock all of your heads together.
    strangest pronunciation yet

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Must be a Canadian thing.

3DS: 5112-3515-8441 | PSN: Nezandy | XBL: Arikado PA | Origin: ArikadoPA
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | Twitter
    edited December 2010
  • unintentionalunintentional Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    maple syrup

i'm out, follow me on twitter @uninten , steam is GaryMyNemesis
    edited December 2010
    Going off-topic for a moment, early counter-jungling against certain junglers seems to be extremely strong at the moment. The change to on-levelling health gain hasn't hurt jungling potential so much as speed, but it does leave a few junglers very vulnerable in their first rotation.

bethryn.png
  • cptruggedcptrugged Aim For The North Pole!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tim Hortons

Eh..

• olliedagolliedag Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Undying prat? I dunno.

Also yeah, because of the change to health recovery on level up, early game conter jungling has really gone up, and if you mess some junglers up early, it can really screw up thier game.

Rammus for example, you kill him early in jungle, and by the time he respawns, the neutral monsters will be too stong for him to take quickly.

• AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Alternatively, making Shaco cry by popping his boxes.

Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Myriil Amarthen - AC 17 | HP 14 | Melee +6/1d6+4 | Spell +5/DC 13
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Alternatively, making Shaco cry by popping his boxes.

Until he uses Exhaust on you and walks away with an easy first blood

steam_sig.png
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.

Stragint Twitch check.php?c=Stragint
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, walking into a patch of boxes is suicide at any point in the game

Do not have a cow, mortal.

3DS: 2251-4432-9039

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    that's why you go with 5 people not 1

This discussion has been closed.