As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    shit damn hell

it looks like one of my santee's gifts got stolen or lost in the mail

poop!!!

how could things get any worse

I can not imagine the sort of person who would steal Christmas presents. D:

Hopefully it's just running late..

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santa bears more gifts!

Let's see what's inside!
    There's a note...

28122010001.jpg

I wonder what it could be...

28122010002.jpg

More Pokémon-themed goodies!

28122010003.jpg

High five! Kanto is the bestest region.

28122010004.jpg

Sorry that I don't have clearer pictures. They're really detailed and quite weighty let me tell you. The Earth Badge looks more like an eggplant than a plant/leaf though. :P

28122010005.jpg

All the gifts together!
    Thank you so much, Kor! <3

...I should eat those cookies right about now!

brb

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Love the pokemon themed goodies. The badges look pretty awesome.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited December 2010
    Oh man. Those badges are awesome.

Now you need to pin them inside of a blue button down shirt and show them to everyone you meet.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh god how I have always wanted badges.

Oh god.

Congrats on the most kickass gift of all time.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Oh man. Those badges are awesome.

Now you need to pin them inside of a blue button down shirt and show them to everyone you meet.

And challenge random people while walking your dog/cat/hamster.

Kyougu on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Chen wrote: »
    Santa bears more gifts!

Let's see what's inside!
    There's a note...

28122010001.jpg

28122010002.jpg

28122010003.jpg

28122010004.jpg

Sorry that I don't have clearer pictures. They're really detailed and quite weighty let me tell you. The Earth Badge looks more like an eggplant than a plant/leaf though. :P

28122010005.jpg

All the gifts together!

brb

Yay, I was just talking about those to the wife when I checked the thread. :D

I'm glad you like everything. Just remember though, no matter how awesome you are at pokemon, someone is always better:
    halolz-dot-com-pokemontvshow-garyfuckingoak-motivational.jpg

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I hardly gave my santa anything to work with, and he came through BIG TIME.

So I walk outside of my door this morning to warm my car up, and as I go back inside, there's a package on my doorstep. How'd it get there between when I walked out and back in? Who knows. Let's see what's in side.

Well, I certainly didn't order anything from crate and barrel, and neither did sunny nice kitty meow meow
    alrlop.jpg

A box full of goodies! It must be my PA secret santa!
    9t06td.jpg

His parents are DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
    2ng75sy.jpg

Gift #1 is a local treat from Lancaster, PA
    aev02s.jpg

WHOOPIE PIE. I love receiving baked goods! This looks delicious.

25s1v90.jpg

Gift #2 is more delicious baked goods!
    I've never had russian tea cakes before. I'm hella looking forward to these.
    2vbmsf4.jpg

Gift #3 is lovecraftian, given based on my musings related to lovecraft and eternal darkness.
    24g2ayw.jpg

A wicked sweet die and tabletop beads! My tabletop group is getting back together soon with a spirit of the century game soon, and I hope to wow them with this.
    15mmlpe.jpg

Gift #4 is airsoft related, since he stalked me enough to ascertain my airsoft fanaticism.
    rac7j4.jpg

A lego knight set and realistic weapons for lego people to hold! I didn't even know they made stuff like this. This is definitely going to spice up the lego indiana jones temple of doom that we have built.
    a4y0s5.jpg

Gift #5 is given JUST BECAUSE
    2it5tav.jpg

GROW CAPSULES. This shit is hilarious and I haven't seen them in years. Will they harm my fish if I put them in the tank? Only one way to find out.
    15s63dk.jpg

Gift #6 is warranted because I apparently have an interest in Music And Games. I have no idea where he'd get that idea...
    jhqvqg.jpg

Holy hell are you kidding me?! It's the Korg DS-10+ Synth for the DS! I never even had the first one, I just remember posting in the thread for the original a while back and wanting it so bad. This is fucking AMAZING! There's no way santa can top it from here.
    mtts3k.jpg

Gift #7 is I LIED HE CAN TOP IT AND THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER
    It's fucking inky, binky, pinky, clyde, and pac-man painted on vinyl records!
    1jrmsz.jpg

I have so much god damn game artwork in my house and this is going to make it all so much better, sweet jesus lord almighty. I think it'll go very well right next to the Mega Man 2 boss select screen my fiancee made me out of perler beads.
    18ndr8.jpg

This is absolutely amazing, and hands down the best secret santa I have ever participated in my whole life. Thank you so much! I don't know who you are, but you must tell me. A package as awesome as this can only be rewarded with a free admission to MAGFest, and I'll be damned if you're going to miss it.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Those are awesome gifts! That mega man wall screen is fantastic though.

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
    edited December 2010
    That die is cool. If I had something to use it with, I'd probably grab one. :P

Despite my love of things inspired by HP Lovecraft, I've never actually sat down and read any of his work. I should probably fix that sometime.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I ordered it to be shipped to me so I can send everything to my Santee in one big box

and the tracking info says it was delivered to me a week ago

nope

this ruins my entire gift

christmas is broken

mntorankusu on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I ordered it to be shipped to me so I can send everything to my Santee in one big box

and the tracking info says it was delivered to me a week ago

nope

this ruins my entire gift

christmas is broken

What you do is send your gift as is, and then, when you find who stole your present, you send your santee the thief's head as proof that revenge has been taken.

And curse you people with your regional treats and candies to present to others.

noir_blood on
  • proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And Yet Another Gifting Triangle Concludes.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That die is cool. If I had something to use it with, I'd probably grab one. :P

Despite my love of things inspired by HP Lovecraft, I've never actually sat down and read any of his work. I should probably fix that sometime.

That's not a die. It's a whole game. I've played it. There are worse ways to pass time, and none of them involve dicing away your very sanity!

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    noir_blood wrote: »
    And curse you people with your regional treats and candies to present to others.

I don't get it. Even if you're gifting to someone who lives in the same country, there are always things about the city you live in that are specific to that area. If I got a box from someone who lived in Ohio, I'd almost expect the box to have a couple items that highlight the state's massive obsession with chili.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    the gift of korg is the best gift of all

earthwormadam on
  • dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I usually like to include something localish, but shipping to Australia was a little scary, I was not sure if something foodie was sent if it would be denied at the border.

dantree on
    psn: dantree
    edited December 2010
    My lord I suck at this, I am trying to post my GIFT GET but cannot seem to remember what I copy and paste from my Flickr account, I have the choices of posting the link, or posting the html code from the flickr website, what do I use? and do I just post that inside a spoiler, or do I use the insert image button above.

Sorry I am lame.

dantree on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

dantree wrote: »
    My lord I suck at this, I am trying to post my GIFT GET but cannot seem to remember what I copy and paste from my Flickr account, I have the choices of posting the link, or posting the html code from the flickr website, what do I use? and do I just post that inside a spoiler, or do I use the insert image button above.

Sorry I am lame.

You cannot post images in-line from a Flickr account. Blame Flickr. Your options there are to simply link the image album or link each individual image.

Alternatively, you could upload them to something less lame like www.imageshack.us so that you can link directly. Just copy/paste the "Direct Link" in between image tags.

Like so:
    [noparse]
    testj211.jpg
    [/noparse]

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited December 2010
    I post pics from my Flickr all the time. Just go to the "view all sizes", find the size you want, then right click and get the image source.

spookymuffin on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've been proxy the elf-ed again, my giftage should arrive some time this week!! Whohoooo!!!!!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    JHunz wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

Got out of work early today due to the holiday, came home to my family being present, and there was a mysterious box from Amazon waiting for me. What could it be?

gtss2010001-2.jpg
    Available as a present inspector this year was little Valerie, appearing slightly demonic.

gtss2010002-2.jpg
    Horrors! A vicious attack by a wild chain chomp! This convinced her that she shouldn't open my presents.

gtss2010003-2.jpg
    Also waiting in the box: Kirby's Epic Yarn! I hadn't picked this up yet because I had too much of a backlog, but I was totally planning to at some point. So thanks!

gtss2010004-2.jpg
    The full haul.

There were also a couple gift notes on the Amazon packing list:
    Chain Chomp: This feels will keep your Wii/Xbox/TV safe while you're not using it. Simply attach him to the TV base and he'll do the rest! Sadly, there isn't a version that barks :(.

Epic Yarn:
    Hey JHunz, Merry Christmas to ya! Sorry this came in so late. You've mentioned in past years that you like co-op games, have a Wii, and like plush - hence, Kirby's Epic Yarn. Enjoy!

This was a pretty dead-on gifting. A game I would have picked up anyway, and a nerdy plush to join the dragon, Cthulhu, multiple stingrays, and all the other silly fuzzy things I own. However, there was no clue anywhere as to the identity of my benefactor. Reveal yourself!

:D Glad I was on spot! It was a bit different buying a gift for somone way out of my demographic (no Steam, married, has kids) but I'm happy it was what you wanted! KEY looks ncie enough that I'm rpobably gonna grab it for my own Wii once I have my backlog cleared.

Careful with that Chomp. You accidently step on his leash, and the next thing you know there's a crazy half dog/half bowling ball creature biting your leg.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Apogee wrote: »
    JHunz wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

Got out of work early today due to the holiday, came home to my family being present, and there was a mysterious box from Amazon waiting for me. What could it be?

gtss2010001-2.jpg
    Available as a present inspector this year was little Valerie, appearing slightly demonic.

gtss2010002-2.jpg
    Horrors! A vicious attack by a wild chain chomp! This convinced her that she shouldn't open my presents.

gtss2010003-2.jpg
    Also waiting in the box: Kirby's Epic Yarn! I hadn't picked this up yet because I had too much of a backlog, but I was totally planning to at some point. So thanks!

gtss2010004-2.jpg
    The full haul.

There were also a couple gift notes on the Amazon packing list:
    Chain Chomp: This feels will keep your Wii/Xbox/TV safe while you're not using it. Simply attach him to the TV base and he'll do the rest! Sadly, there isn't a version that barks :(.

Epic Yarn:
    Hey JHunz, Merry Christmas to ya! Sorry this came in so late. You've mentioned in past years that you like co-op games, have a Wii, and like plush - hence, Kirby's Epic Yarn. Enjoy!

This was a pretty dead-on gifting. A game I would have picked up anyway, and a nerdy plush to join the dragon, Cthulhu, multiple stingrays, and all the other silly fuzzy things I own. However, there was no clue anywhere as to the identity of my benefactor. Reveal yourself!

:D Glad I was on spot! It was a bit different buying a gift for somone way out of my demographic (no Steam, married, has kids) but I'm happy it was what you wanted! KEY looks ncie enough that I'm rpobably gonna grab it for my own Wii once I have my backlog cleared.

Careful with that Chomp. You accidently step on his leash, and the next thing you know there's a crazy half dog/half bowling ball creature biting your leg.
    Heh, I actually have Steam, but I don't play many PC games lately so I never remember to include it in my gifting info. Also, funnily enough, the Chain Chomp was not the only vicious toothed plush I received for Christmas.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    "Item Out for Delivery" :D

Hopefully my Santee is at home today!

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Chen wrote: »
    Santa bears more gifts!

Let's see what's inside!
    There's a note...

28122010001.jpg

28122010002.jpg

28122010003.jpg

28122010004.jpg

28122010005.jpg

All the gifts together!

brb

Seriously, those badges are beyond awesome! :^:

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Anarchy wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif
    So I got the package earlier this week, but due to illness I haven't had a chance to upload them. Well here goes...having no pets, I got Lego Santa to help me:

A Mysterious Box arrives, Lego Santa investigates...
    5288477775_72c3b6a2d3_b.jpg

Disrobed of its brown paper bag exterior, inside we see a box full of treats.
    5289081318_2ac631000e_b.jpg
    5289081438_de9348809f_b.jpg

A friendly letter from my mysterious Santa:
    5289080590_4b2f64465e_b.jpg

The whole haul:
    5289081518_9a735cef45_b.jpg

Lego Santa (much to his dismay) watched as I constructed the Nano block project:
    5289081260_f01fc2ce21_b.jpg

Many thanks to my Secret Santa (Mr_Grinch), some great gifts here. Nano-blocks!! Thats like Lego for adults. I now have an excuse for building things without looking like a child, will definitely be ordering more into the new year! I haven't found those questions that I posed yet, but I'll keep looking!

And with the promise of more chocolates on the way, this is the best G&T SS yet!

Glad you liked your stuff! Your choccies have still yet to show up, but rest assured they will arrive at some point!

The questions, if I stalked right, were these:

:)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I post pics from my Flickr all the time. Just go to the "view all sizes", find the size you want, then right click and get the image source.

You don't even have to do that anymore. Just click on the photo you want to post, then click the "Share This" button. You'll see a link that will generate BBCode.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
    edited December 2010

You don't even have to do that anymore. Just click on the photo you want to post, then click the "Share This" button. You'll see a link that will generate BBCode.

Wow, that's handy.

spookymuffin on
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I guess I'm going to mail my santee's gift without the pimpin' rad CD I bought for them

this suuuuuucks

santee who probably knows who I am because of the whole gifting triangle thing, I am sorry that you will be without pimpin' tunes in the new year

mntorankusu on
    edited December 2010
    This is just a test for now, will make my real post after work then, or delete this if it does not work...

5302652988_eba2d8a53a.jpg
    GiftGet4b by dantree1, on Flickr

dantree on
    edited December 2010
    OK, sweet, I did not ever try the BBC code last night, when I get home I will finish up my post, thanks Cameron_Talley!!

dantree on
  • Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I hardly gave my santa anything to work with, and he came through BIG TIME.

So I walk outside of my door this morning to warm my car up, and as I go back inside, there's a package on my doorstep. How'd it get there between when I walked out and back in? Who knows. Let's see what's in side.

Well, I certainly didn't order anything from crate and barrel, and neither did sunny nice kitty meow meow
    alrlop.jpg

A box full of goodies! It must be my PA secret santa!
    9t06td.jpg

His parents are DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
    2ng75sy.jpg

Gift #1 is a local treat from Lancaster, PA
    aev02s.jpg

WHOOPIE PIE. I love receiving baked goods! This looks delicious.

25s1v90.jpg

Gift #2 is more delicious baked goods!
    I've never had russian tea cakes before. I'm hella looking forward to these.
    2vbmsf4.jpg

Gift #3 is lovecraftian, given based on my musings related to lovecraft and eternal darkness.
    24g2ayw.jpg

A wicked sweet die and tabletop beads! My tabletop group is getting back together soon with a spirit of the century game soon, and I hope to wow them with this.
    15mmlpe.jpg

Gift #4 is airsoft related, since he stalked me enough to ascertain my airsoft fanaticism.
    rac7j4.jpg

A lego knight set and realistic weapons for lego people to hold! I didn't even know they made stuff like this. This is definitely going to spice up the lego indiana jones temple of doom that we have built.
    a4y0s5.jpg

Gift #5 is given JUST BECAUSE
    2it5tav.jpg

GROW CAPSULES. This shit is hilarious and I haven't seen them in years. Will they harm my fish if I put them in the tank? Only one way to find out.
    15s63dk.jpg

Gift #6 is warranted because I apparently have an interest in Music And Games. I have no idea where he'd get that idea...
    jhqvqg.jpg

Holy hell are you kidding me?! It's the Korg DS-10+ Synth for the DS! I never even had the first one, I just remember posting in the thread for the original a while back and wanting it so bad. This is fucking AMAZING! There's no way santa can top it from here.
    mtts3k.jpg

Gift #7 is I LIED HE CAN TOP IT AND THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER
    It's fucking inky, binky, pinky, clyde, and pac-man painted on vinyl records!
    1jrmsz.jpg

I have so much god damn game artwork in my house and this is going to make it all so much better, sweet jesus lord almighty. I think it'll go very well right next to the Mega Man 2 boss select screen my fiancee made me out of perler beads.
    18ndr8.jpg

This is absolutely amazing, and hands down the best secret santa I have ever participated in my whole life. Thank you so much! I don't know who you are, but you must tell me. A package as awesome as this can only be rewarded with a free admission to MAGFest, and I'll be damned if you're going to miss it.

Huzzah!

Glad everything showed up, and that the stalker stars seemed to align. Sorry for the knights with firearms- by the time I got to Toys R Us, their lego selection was pretty picked over (which at least gives me hope for the current crop of youth!) Glad to hear you have something more apt to look menacing with tiny plastic guns!

Hope your holidays continue to be festive, and that you don't get too swamped with putting together MAG

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Attention all!

Vegeta_666 is a saint. The guy is the bestest santa in the whole wide world!

First, he gave sent me this on Christmas Eve of all times, just like the real St. Nick!
    Torchlight.png
    What makes this even more amazing is that I was going to buy it myself before he gifted it to me. He read my mind!

Then, what do I have show up in my mail today? The big package, the one that's not from my insurance company.
    IMAG0011.jpg
    Opening up, it's... paper? But is that a recognizable logo...
    IMAG0012.jpg
    OMG! I've wanted one of these more than anything this Christmas!
    IMAG0013.jpg

Thank you, vegeta_666! You are awesome! :D

SirUltimos on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sorry about the crappy picture quality. My mother has my camera right now so I had to make do with my phone!

SirUltimos on
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Attention all!

Vegeta_666 is a saint. The guy is the bestest santa in the whole wide world!

First, he gave sent me this on Christmas Eve of all times, just like the real St. Nick!
    Torchlight.png
    What makes this even more amazing is that I was going to buy it myself before he gifted it to me. He read my mind!

Then, what do I have show up in my mail today? The big package, the one that's not from my insurance company.
    IMAG0011.jpg
    Opening up, it's... paper? But is that a recognizable logo...
    IMAG0012.jpg
    OMG! I've wanted one of these more than anything this Christmas!
    IMAG0013.jpg

Thank you, vegeta_666! You are awesome! :D

Odd question, but what is that hoodie you got? (As in brand or whatever). Since I have been seeing people get those everywhere, but I don't know what they are.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mass Effect

N7 is the military designation in ME. N = special forces and 7 = highest rank possible

MrDelish on
  • MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Those hoodies are awesome. Bioware is running a 25% off sale on orders over $60 right now. I'm tempted to grab a grey N7 hoodie and a Tali shirt.

MyNameIsWalrus on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yay! I got my gift last night. I'll post pictures tonight!

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
    edited December 2010
    Those hoodies are awesome. Bioware is running a 25% off sale on orders over $60 right now. I'm tempted to grab a grey N7 hoodie and a Tali shirt.

Ooh. If I throw in a $4 sticker with the hoodie, I can save $15.50.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Ooh. If I throw in a $4 sticker with the hoodie, I can save $15.50.

This should apply to everything (EDIT) in life.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
This discussion has been closed.