As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Those hoodies are awesome. Bioware is running a 25% off sale on orders over $60 right now. I'm tempted to grab a grey N7 hoodie and a Tali shirt.

Ooh. If I throw in a $4 sticker with the hoodie, I can save $15.50.

This should apply to everything.

I meant that ordering the hoodie alone wasn't enough to get the 25% off deal. But if I raised the price of the order ever-so-slightly with a sticker, I could get the discount.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just meant with life in general.

I could see how that mistake could be made though.

My bad.

My blunder.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    But funny!!!!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This is obviously the best ME tee.

.f?h=3a1d1e8fcc275c4630b4

Look at it. LOOK AT IT. Deckard's gun, SW blaster pistol, DS assault rifle, gravity gun, and the Pulse Rifle.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    This is obviously the best ME tee.

.f?h=3a1d1e8fcc275c4630b4

Look at it. LOOK AT IT. Deckard's gun, SW blaster pistol, DS assault rifle, gravity gun, and the Pulse Rifle.

Is that the Doom Movie version of the BFG I see above the gravity gun?

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That it is.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Attention all!

Vegeta_666 is a saint. The guy is the bestest santa in the whole wide world!

First, he gave sent me this on Christmas Eve of all times, just like the real St. Nick!
    Torchlight.png
    What makes this even more amazing is that I was going to buy it myself before he gifted it to me. He read my mind!

Then, what do I have show up in my mail today? The big package, the one that's not from my insurance company.
    IMAG0011.jpg
    Opening up, it's... paper? But is that a recognizable logo...
    IMAG0012.jpg
    OMG! I've wanted one of these more than anything this Christmas!
    IMAG0013.jpg

Thank you, vegeta_666! You are awesome! :D

I'm so glad it finally got to you! I ordered it over two weeks ago... they really like to take their time with shipping.

I'm really happy you enjoy it though! Have a very Merry Christmas good sir! :D

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sooo....
    GiftGet4b.gif
    (So many days later :oops:)
    (Also, I'm sorry for the few crappy cellphone pics :oops::oops:)

So I came back from work and there was this huge box waiting for me. I told my flatmate: Look at the size of that thing!

Therefore I enroled the help of my friendly snowman to protect me from American germs, as my puppy was back at my main home (with my good camera):
    2012101819.jpg
    After opening, I found a letter. I asked the snowman to read it to me:
    2012101822.jpg
    (I'll type the letter here after I get back to that home).

It also had an awesome depiction of my WoW persona, Garlex:
    2012101821.jpg
    I almost cried when I saw that, so cool it is.

Finally, this very funny and appropriate xmas card:
    2012101828.jpg
    Under the notes I found this amazing mask that allow me to cover my hideousnes! SCORE!
    2012101824.jpg
    Even a crocodile is an improvement :D Maybe my wife will bear to look at me now. See, LOVE is the greatest gift.

Then whoa, he sent me one of his personal books! And it's an amazing title I wanted to read! The Long Goodbye, by Raymond Chandler. I always wanted to get into noir books.
    2012101829.jpg
    Aren't books gay, though?

Anyways, I kept digging and found this:
    2012101827.jpg
    Everyone's been telling me how fuckawesome Name of the Wind is, and I was adequately euphoric when I found it. I loves me some GOOD fantasy books, and I've been told the second book in the series is due next March, so that's just time enough for me to catch up. Awesome levels rising fast! But wait. Another book? How gay does Noir-blood thing I am?

Then I found ANOTHER book:
    2012101825.jpg
    From one of my favorite newly discovered authors, I really loved Altered Carbon and this seems to be ANOTHER awesome good fantasy book. I'm starting to think I'm a flaming drag queen, though, with so many books.

A FOURTH book? That's it. I'm divorcing my wife and finding a hunk.
    2012101826.jpg
    But this one is about Xmas and zombies, on the other hand. Maybe there's still hope. Not that there's anything wrong with gayness.

I finally got all kinds of awesome and weird candy that I'd never find around here: Tabasco chocolate, Bacon Chocolate (OMG), Mario Bros power mushroom pills, a vintage soda machine can filled with beans, some eggnog chocolate, two wicked weird powder candy Bob-Ombs and a huge dong lollipop. I'm gonna take some nice pics of the candy when I get back there.

So here's the awesome awesome haul:
    2012101830.jpg

Thanks a LOT, Noir-Blood, I was filled of happiness opening that box.
    So, what are you doing tonite? Wanna chat online? What are you wearing??:winky::winky::winky:

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Well, if nothing arrives by tomorrow evening, I'm going to talk to my Santee.

I feel like the guy at the post office did not listen to me when I requested shipping that would arrive by the 31st.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sooo....
    GiftGet4b.gif
    (So many days later :oops:)
    (Also, I'm sorry for the few crappy cellphone pics :oops::oops:)

So I came back from work and there was this huge box waiting for me. I told my flatmate: Look at the size of that thing!
    Therefore I enroled the help of my friendly snowman to protect me from American germs, as my puppy was back at my main home (with my good camera):
    2012101819.jpg
    After opening, I found a letter. I asked the snowman to read it to me:
    2012101822.jpg
    (I'll type the letter here after I get back to that home).

It also had an awesome depiction of my WoW persona, Garlex:
    2012101821.jpg
    I almost cried when I saw that, so cool it is.

Finally, this very funny and appropriate xmas card:
    2012101828.jpg
    Under the notes I found this amazing mask that allow me to cover my hideousnes! SCORE!
    2012101824.jpg
    Even a crocodile is an improvement :D Maybe my wife will bear to look at me now. See, LOVE is the greatest gift.

Then whoa, he sent me one of his personal books! And it's an amazing title I wanted to read! The Long Goodbye, by Raymond Chandler. I always wanted to get into noir books.
    2012101829.jpg
    Aren't books gay, though?

Anyways, I kept digging and found this:
    2012101827.jpg
    Everyone's been telling me how fuckawesome Name of the Wind is, and I was adequately euphoric when I found it. I loves me some GOOD fantasy books, and I've been told the second book in the series is due next March, so that's just time enough for me to catch up. Awesome levels rising fast! But wait. Another book? How gay does Noir-blood thing I am?

Then I found ANOTHER book:
    2012101825.jpg
    From one of my favorite newly discovered authors, I really loved Altered Carbon and this seems to be ANOTHER awesome good fantasy book. I'm starting to think I'm a flaming drag queen, though, with so many books.

A FOURTH book? That's it. I'm divorcing my wife and finding a hunk.
    2012101826.jpg
    But this one is about Xmas and zombies, on the other hand. Maybe there's still hope. Not that there's anything wrong with gayness.

I finally got all kinds of awesome and weird candy that I'd never find around here: Tabasco chocolate, Bacon Chocolate (OMG), Mario Bros power mushroom pills, a vintage soda machine can filled with beans, some eggnog chocolate, two wicked weird powder candy Bob-Ombs and a huge dong lollipop. I'm gonna take some nice pics of the candy when I get back there.

So here's the awesome awesome haul:
    2012101830.jpg

Thanks a LOT, Noir-Blood, I was filled of happiness opening that box.
    So, what are you doing tonite? Wanna chat online? What are you wearing??:winky::winky::winky:

It looks like your friendly snowman is eyeballing one of the bob-ombs. Perhaps he wants to be more than just friends. :P

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My much delayed
    GiftGet4b.gif

I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures; our family camera broke and we haven't gotten a new one yet so I had to use my cell phone.

My cat wants to open this.
    DSC00049.jpg

Kitty is overcome with joy!
    DSC00050.jpg
    First gift: Transformers Adventures Volume 2. My santa had some shipping problems with the order coming to me so I have to wonder if Volume 1 was the gift that has gone missing. :P

Many days later, gift 2:
    DSC00052.jpg
    Second gift: Final Fantasy and Philosophy. I have seen this before and was curious about it. Sounds pretty interesting and I look forward to reading it. FF games have been one of the biggest constants in my gaming life since playing FF on the NES back in the day. While it's commonly a much-derided series these days I still play and throughly enjoy every single one (except XIV; I love XI though.)

Some more days later, gift 3:
    DSC00055.jpg
    My daughter believes this to be something for her.

But besides being 2 and not being able to read, she doesn't understand why the book goes backwards
    DSC00056.jpg
    Gift three: Manga version of the Nightmare Before Christmas

My Santa also gifted me the Humble Indy Bundle 2, which would have been good enough; but then they gifted everyone who got the second bundle, the first one and gave Steam keys for all the games on steam (which is virtually all of them, except Revenge of the Titans).

That was pretty awesome. 3 books and like a dozen freaking games.

Thank you so much Santa! I have no clue at all who you are except I think you live in the UK but that doesn't exactly narrow it down around these parts.

I am terribly sorry about it taking so long to post my gift get; but I promise it wasn't even remotely out of disappointment. Thank you so much for everything! Feel free to send me a PM or something with who you bees!

P.S. The photos should work but I'm pretty inexperienced in using photobucket so I might have dorked it up.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    holy shit

manga Nightmare before Christmas

that is

amazing giftage

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Final Fantasy and Philosophy? What's that all about... that sounds intrigueing!

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fuckin A, finally UPS was able to deliver the second package to my santee.

Hope you enjoy the gifts Scruple.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif

So hopefully I have this gift get post thing figured out...

Let me just say that if books are gay, my books are gay like Sir Ian McKellen, old and sophisticated. So now on to the gifts!

A box appears under the tree!

Whats inside...

OK, now lets see what we have here...CANDY!

Toys!! or more specifically Lego's, I had so much fun putting these together, I had a total flashback to my youth, I was a lego addict as a kid...

Way better than bubble wrap, comfy tshirts for lazy days! (my santa let me know that he tossed these in as padding...)

And now to the classy gay books:

The best part of old books is usually the illustrations:

Also:

And finally:

which goes along with my love of photography really well.

A nice touch, a couple of old postcards, one from main street in Salt Lake City, where I live, the other from where my santa lives.

The whole haul:

Thank you DHS Odium for all my wonderful gifts, I am sure I was maybe a bit hard to stalk, but you did wonderfully!

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif

So despite my town being covered in a few feet of snow, UPS still managed to deliver holiday cheer to me!

Two packages were received, one over the weekend, and one just now! In lieu of pets or babbies, Package Inspector Yeast takes the case!
    21oggk.jpg
    (I actually opened the boxes beforehand, as I was expecting some other stuff from Amazon. Whoops!)

Mr. Yeast investigates the first package!
    154zskm.jpg

It's a book! A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin! I haven't read this (I actually don't read much fiction) but I've heard nothing but good things. I can't wait to read it!
    2n5bp2.jpg

Mr. Yeast takes on package 2 with gusto!
    21m6m80.jpg

Aaaaaaaahhhhh! A pretty man, and he's given us Herpes! Why does this keep happening???
    ms24jr.jpg

I did play Uncharted very briefly, but never got past the first section due to stupid silly geese stealing the game from me. I am determined to finish it this time!

The complete haul!
    29lie80.jpg

Mr. Yeast introduces Herpes to the rest of the gang!
    6pryog.jpg

Thank you so much, Grove!

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Glad you liked everything, dantree. I'm pleased the old books (I think they were from the 1920's?) were received well, as I was unsure about them.

To my Santa, I haven't gotten anything yet. If you feel like something should have arrived, let me know by proxy if you don't want to reveal yourself.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dyvion wrote: »
    Final Fantasy and Philosophy? What's that all about... that sounds intrigueing!

It's part of an ongoing series of Pop Culture and Philosophy. They have one of those books on damn near everything now. It's a collection of essays by philosophers on Final Fantasy and the various implications of it. I got it last year; it's pretty good.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif

Alright, so I got home and there was a package awaiting, so I proceeded to make use of my new cleaver I got from my wife for Christmas in the most appropriate way possible.
    162673_475198446501_675636501_6367511_6001970_n.jpg

Inside there were many treasures including Zombie Dice (which got a ton of use today).
    166171_475198531501_675636501_6367514_7939985_n.jpg

A stone guitar pick (super cool and I'll make use of it for sure!)
    163708_475198796501_675636501_6367520_5857270_n.jpg

As well as a magic 8 ball D20, Unexploded Cow (the board game) and Penny Arcade Dickwolves team logo.
    167599_475201251501_675636501_6367596_1016343_n.jpg
    167457_475201271501_675636501_6367597_5144001_n.jpg
    165676_475198646501_675636501_6367517_8203733_n.jpg

Thanks Secret Santa! Great job stalking!

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bahaha... Dickwolves.

urahonky on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Those hoodies are awesome. Bioware is running a 25% off sale on orders over $60 right now. I'm tempted to grab a grey N7 hoodie and a Tali shirt.

Why did you tell me this

I am gonna get...something

Just you wait and see

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif

Whohoooo!!!!!!! A package has arrived, from a far off, distant Land, somewhere I've actually been (well, driven past in the rain on the way to the Boeing factory on the Magical Mystery tour PAX 08), Everett, WA!!

So, ably helped by my Sack Girl (not having any pets or small children to assist me, she volunteered):

[IMG][/img]giftget.th.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A box appeared undedr my tree. Well. Sack Girl, get on with it!

[IMG][/img]sackgirljumpsin.th.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mmm, yummy paper!

Noooo, bubblewrap is attacking!
    [IMG][/img]attackofthekillerbubble.jpg

And what's that? Spoilered for hugeness of images, sorry, guys, don't know how that happened!
    [IMG][/img]noidontwantguns.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bad Sack Girl, you can't have a gun, they're not allowed!!!!! Naughty girl! Behave, now, or its time out for you!

What's that you've found? a letter? To me??

[IMG][/img]lettery.th.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The letter reads:

Dearest, Dearest, Dearest LewieP's Mummy,
    Sure, Christmas is cool. I mean really cool. But G&T Secret Santajust makes things AMAZING. I mean really amazing. You may need to be prepared to be amazified by the contents of this box parcel. I was on more of a budget this year, but CHRISTMAS SHALL STRIKE!

GIFT THE FIRST:

First of all, there is a game. It is an excellent game that I've been enjoying myself. And what's better, you can control the game strictly by touch controls! Perfect.

Gift the first success!

GIFT THE SECOND :

Recently you posted about not getting any snow. We don't get much snow here in Washington (the state, not the silly city place) either. We got a good shot a week before Thanksgiving, but that's all so far... :( For you however, there shall be a pair of snows. Balls of them. IN THE BOX PARCEL.

But wiat, there is a double the second! THE DARKNESS! I stalked even from last year that you liked dark chocolate (even before I had you Proxy'd). I hope you enjoy it. It's from a local store that does healthy/organic sort of food. They have some really tasty stuff.

Gift the second success!

GIFT THE THIRD :

Oh...OH THE THIRD. I painted a painting for Zeromus last year, and it was a lot easier. However, I was determined to do another painting this year, whoever my santee would be. But joy was had! As the painter shall now be the paintee! I heard from LewieP that World of Goo was, in fact, one of your favourite games (along with Portal). My original plan was to do a Portal painting, but I was inspired when I saw a wallpaper of this image. So now you have one.

Gift the third success!

Oh, yeah, and thanks for the tips on how to paint your painting. It helped :D

Secretly Santa,

[IMG][/img]oooaletter.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What's it say? Ooo, there's some presents for me!
    [IMG][/img]presents.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

With numbers on! Now do I follow the instructions, or open them randomly? Well, I'm good at following indtructions (you should see me build flat pack furniture!) so, present 1 first:

Its a game:
    [IMG][/img]gamell.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

but not just any game, its Might and Magic Clash of Heroes for DS!! And, you just use the stick thingy to play it, which means i can play it all by myself, without having to borrow a hand off LewieP! Even better, its the first installment, which means I will have more to look forward to! Thank you, Santa!

And there's more:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, chocolate! of the dark variety (the only sort worth eating, in my book) And snow balls??? but how didn't they melt? Ahhh, marshmallow type snowballs, yummy!
    [IMG][/img]chocolatefn.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What's this? Its a painting! Santa has painted me a painting! SANTA HAS PAINTED ME A PAINTING!!!!!! No-one has ever painted me a painting (except for LewieP and LewieP's Sister when they were little, of course, some of which I still have)

Oh, my goodness, Santa, this is wonderful!!!!! I have 2 favourite games, Portal and World of Goo. We played World of Goo last weekend, when we had 19 people for dinner (ages 8 to 75), it was such fun - the 8 year old beat the pants off some of the adults!

I feel all bubbly and fizzy and sparkly inside, Santa, thank you so much!!!!

Here it is:
    [IMG][/img]worldofgoopainting.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Its beautiful! I'm a very happy bunny:)

Here's everything altogether:
    [IMG][/img]thewholeshebang.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now, I think I know who my Santa is, I think its
    LP's Mum, how do you plan out your paintings? Last year for G&TSS I did a batman one, which I pretty much did by eye from a cover a cropped and printed.
    So...what do you use for your outlines on the canvas? Just a plain pencil? And do you draw your outlines freehand or do you have something your basing it on?
    After doing my painting last year, I've wanted to do more painting (my wife has done some), but I'm not good with planning ahead on what I'm going to paint...

Am I right?

Thank you, Santa, you have given me wonderful presents, and made me very happy!<3 <3<3

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Awesome gifting all around, that World of Goo painting is beautiful. Totally something I would hang on my wall.

This thread is shaping up very nicely!!!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I must say I'm getting more and more jealous as people post their amazing gifts! If my Santa pulls something even half as great out of their hat I will be a very happy santee.

no pressure.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif

Whohoooo!!!!!!! A package has arrived, from a far off, distant Land, somewhere I've actually been (well, driven past in the rain on the way to the Boeing factory on the Magical Mystery tour PAX 08), Everett, WA!!

So, ably helped by my Sack Girl (not having any pets or small children to assist me, she volunteered):

[IMG][/img]giftget.th.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A box appeared undedr my tree. Well. Sack Girl, get on with it!

[IMG][/img]sackgirljumpsin.th.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mmm, yummy paper!

Noooo, bubblewrap is attacking!
    [IMG][/img]attackofthekillerbubble.jpg

And what's that? Spoilered for hugeness of images, sorry, guys, don't know how that happened!
    [IMG][/img]noidontwantguns.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bad Sack Girl, you can't have a gun, they're not allowed!!!!! Naughty girl! Behave, now, or its time out for you!

What's that you've found? a letter? To me??

[IMG][/img]lettery.th.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The letter reads:

Dearest, Dearest, Dearest LewieP's Mummy,
    Sure, Christmas is cool. I mean really cool. But G&T Secret Santajust makes things AMAZING. I mean really amazing. You may need to be prepared to be amazified by the contents of this box parcel. I was on more of a budget this year, but CHRISTMAS SHALL STRIKE!

GIFT THE FIRST:

First of all, there is a game. It is an excellent game that I've been enjoying myself. And what's better, you can control the game strictly by touch controls! Perfect.

Gift the first success!

GIFT THE SECOND :

Recently you posted about not getting any snow. We don't get much snow here in Washington (the state, not the silly city place) either. We got a good shot a week before Thanksgiving, but that's all so far... :( For you however, there shall be a pair of snows. Balls of them. IN THE BOX PARCEL.

But wiat, there is a double the second! THE DARKNESS! I stalked even from last year that you liked dark chocolate (even before I had you Proxy'd). I hope you enjoy it. It's from a local store that does healthy/organic sort of food. They have some really tasty stuff.

Gift the second success!

GIFT THE THIRD :

Oh...OH THE THIRD. I painted a painting for Zeromus last year, and it was a lot easier. However, I was determined to do another painting this year, whoever my santee would be. But joy was had! As the painter shall now be the paintee! I heard from LewieP that World of Goo was, in fact, one of your favourite games (along with Portal). My original plan was to do a Portal painting, but I was inspired when I saw a wallpaper of this image. So now you have one.

Gift the third success!

Oh, yeah, and thanks for the tips on how to paint your painting. It helped :D

Secretly Santa,

[IMG][/img]oooaletter.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What's it say? Ooo, there's some presents for me!
    [IMG][/img]presents.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

With numbers on! Now do I follow the instructions, or open them randomly? Well, I'm good at following indtructions (you should see me build flat pack furniture!) so, present 1 first:

Its a game:
    [IMG][/img]gamell.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

but not just any game, its Might and Magic Clash of Heroes for DS!! And, you just use the stick thingy to play it, which means i can play it all by myself, without having to borrow a hand off LewieP! Even better, its the first installment, which means I will have more to look forward to! Thank you, Santa!

And there's more:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, chocolate! of the dark variety (the only sort worth eating, in my book) And snow balls??? but how didn't they melt? Ahhh, marshmallow type snowballs, yummy!
    [IMG][/img]chocolatefn.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What's this? Its a painting! Santa has painted me a painting! SANTA HAS PAINTED ME A PAINTING!!!!!! No-one has ever painted me a painting (except for LewieP and LewieP's Sister when they were little, of course, some of which I still have)

Oh, my goodness, Santa, this is wonderful!!!!! I have 2 favourite games, Portal and World of Goo. We played World of Goo last weekend, when we had 19 people for dinner (ages 8 to 75), it was such fun - the 8 year old beat the pants off some of the adults!

I feel all bubbly and fizzy and sparkly inside, Santa, thank you so much!!!!

Here it is:
    [IMG][/img]worldofgoopainting.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Its beautiful! I'm a very happy bunny:)

Here's everything altogether:
    [IMG][/img]thewholeshebang.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now, I think I know who my Santa is, I think its
    LP's Mum, how do you plan out your paintings? Last year for G&TSS I did a batman one, which I pretty much did by eye from a cover a cropped and printed.
    So...what do you use for your outlines on the canvas? Just a plain pencil? And do you draw your outlines freehand or do you have something your basing it on?
    After doing my painting last year, I've wanted to do more painting (my wife has done some), but I'm not good with planning ahead on what I'm going to paint...

Am I right?

Thank you, Santa, you have given me wonderful presents, and made me very happy!<3 <3<3

Wahoo! I'm excited everything got there safely, and in good time as well!

This also means my santa is in fact remlap, who I thank very much for my gifts.

Now the countdown for next year starts...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My much delayed
    GiftGet4b.gif

I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures; our family camera broke and we haven't gotten a new one yet so I had to use my cell phone.

My cat wants to open this.
    DSC00049.jpg

Kitty is overcome with joy!
    DSC00050.jpg
    First gift: Transformers Adventures Volume 2. My santa had some shipping problems with the order coming to me so I have to wonder if Volume 1 was the gift that has gone missing. :P

Many days later, gift 2:
    DSC00052.jpg
    Second gift: Final Fantasy and Philosophy. I have seen this before and was curious about it. Sounds pretty interesting and I look forward to reading it. FF games have been one of the biggest constants in my gaming life since playing FF on the NES back in the day. While it's commonly a much-derided series these days I still play and throughly enjoy every single one (except XIV; I love XI though.)

Some more days later, gift 3:
    DSC00055.jpg
    My daughter believes this to be something for her.

But besides being 2 and not being able to read, she doesn't understand why the book goes backwards
    DSC00056.jpg
    Gift three: Manga version of the Nightmare Before Christmas

My Santa also gifted me the Humble Indy Bundle 2, which would have been good enough; but then they gifted everyone who got the second bundle, the first one and gave Steam keys for all the games on steam (which is virtually all of them, except Revenge of the Titans).

That was pretty awesome. 3 books and like a dozen freaking games.

Thank you so much Santa! I have no clue at all who you are except I think you live in the UK but that doesn't exactly narrow it down around these parts.

I am terribly sorry about it taking so long to post my gift get; but I promise it wasn't even remotely out of disappointment. Thank you so much for everything! Feel free to send me a PM or something with who you bees!

P.S. The photos should work but I'm pretty inexperienced in using photobucket so I might have dorked it up.

Hey there, it was me, I was your Santa this year! I'm glad you like your gifts. Those are some super cute pictures right there :).

Oh, and there are still two more gifts coming your way (one is being shipped on Januray 7th - and likely from the UK, ugh) and I'm afraid one item has to be canceled (out of stock).

As for your guess, you're not far off, it's mainland Europe. It's just that it's somehow more, uhm, cost-effective to ship things across the Atlantic than order them directly in the US of A. Anyway, I wish you and your family a nice holiday time!

e: whoops, I didn't notice I sent you volume 2 of that Transformer comic - my bad!

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I've shared the snowballs with LewieP's Daddy while I watched a very scary Dr Who. Dr Who was scary, the snowballs were delicious!

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    All of these gift get posts have me really hoping that there'll be something waiting for me when I get home from work tonight.

elevature on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    So, I've also been busy playing my game - and not to brag too much, I can even play it left-handedly! (really, I had to hold the stylus in my left hand, cos my phone was in my right, taking the photo, but I could do!)

[IMG][/img]playing.th.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've beaten/slayed loads of dragons!

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How is that game, LPM? I've been thinking about picking it up, it looks pretty fun!

I also really love reading this thread, you guys are all such wonderful folk. Just seeing other people get awesome gifts makes me feel all warm inside d'aaawww group hug <3

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santa.

I gave my work address for the delivery but we close at 2:00 p.m tomorrow and are closed on Monday so don't panic if I don't post.

So exited!

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet4b.gif

I have received a gift!

Time for the inspectors to take a look
    kd4sn6.jpg

Maybe?
    257ln4y.jpg
    BE PHOTOGENIC DAMN YOU!

Whatever, on to opening the box!
    5ytduq.jpg
    Packing peanuts! How exciting.
    3304wg7.jpg
    Of course this is what he chooses to pay attention to. About 2 seconds later it was batted away and has gone to a mysterious place, never to be seen again.
    2eg8ro9.jpg
    First we have a fancy wallet. It's soft and is actually very good cause my wallet right now is definitely a little lacking.
    71493p.jpg
    Very nice smelling soap. Really, the box smelled awesome and soon I, too, will smell awesome.
    11jluf6.jpg
    Something called Tablet which I'm instructed is for having in small pieces with tea and/or coffee.
    2ry6lib.jpg
    I see why the small pieces. This thing is 100% sugar.
    qzrzwx.jpg

Slightly more nutritious (but not by much) goodies.
    23rsps5.jpg

Chocolate with toys inside, you can't really go wrong.
    awxoag.jpg

A card!
    2qs9ai0.jpg

With about the fanciest writing I've ever seen. You wrote that while feverish? I could never write that nicely.
    bjimwj.jpg

The entire haul.

I immediately went to make some tea. My grandmother is Scottish and she gave me this tea set before she moved away. I always felt it was too fancy for me to ever use, but now with all this official tea-required foodstuffs I feel the time is right.
    jhu5bp.jpg

Delicious!

Also you were very right about that Tablet. I ate that piece that I broke off and it was definitely enough. It's a lot like fudge.

Thanks Rook!

Asiina on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh jeez, Tablet is amazing. It's one of those things that you eat a whole bar of while not knowing why even though you want more but it's not actually that nice okay one more bit whoops gone.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey Willeth,

Apparently your package arrived today from England ... bad news, I have already left for my New Year's trip and won't be able to get it till the 3rd!

At least you can breathe easier knowing it didn't get lost and dropped off in Tanzania or some place like that lol.

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Kaseius wrote: »
    How is that game, LPM? I've been thinking about picking it up, it looks pretty fun!

I also really love reading this thread, you guys are all such wonderful folk. Just seeing other people get awesome gifts makes me feel all warm inside d'aaawww group hug <3

So far, its good - had to stop to answer the door to one of LP's Daddy's constituents, and be all grown up and polite and responsible for a while, then got back into the game. I've read the manual, so no RTFM problems for me (yes, McMonkey, I picked up the stick!)(LewieP's failed Ico reference, there), and am slowly getting the hang of it. I've won all my battles so far...

Boring stuff:
    Its also brilliant to have a stick thingy controlled game, so I don't get fed up quickly. I'm working up a velcro strap to himd the Wii nunchuck on my leg so I can steer more easily, and have a Tekken controller for the PS3, which works quite well, too.

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey Willeth,

Apparently your package arrived today from England ... bad news, I have already left for my New Year's trip and won't be able to get it till the 3rd!

At least you can breathe easier knowing it didn't get lost and dropped off in Tanzania or some place like that lol.

Oh thank God. I have a claim form here that I was hoping I didn't have to fill out! Have a good trip and I hope you enjoy your stuff when you get back - sorry it wasn't there to unwrap on Christmas!

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rook. I knew it was Rook when I saw the writing. Seems every year when someone is graced with that handwriting they are amazed. :D

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Rook. I knew it was Rook when I saw the writing. Seems every year when someone is graced with that handwriting they are amazed. :D

It's pretty much the fanciest writing I've ever seen.

Asiina on
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Asiina wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »

It's pretty much the fanciest writing I've ever seen.

rooks cards are A+

i got one a few years back. so fancy!!

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Someone should be getting a gift today. It isn't as cool as I wanted it to be, but I'll explain after the gift-get post. Still hopefully he'll like it =)

Xaviar on
This discussion has been closed.