As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Un]Official PA WH40K Gaming League! Season 3: Round Robin

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    I also agree that powers can be switched out, as long as you include it in the list you show at the beginning.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dark Eldar Spray and Pray Their Way to Victory!

Sieze ground objective, 5 objectives, spearhead deployment.

The Dark Eldar took to the field throwing missiles like candy, hoping the smoke would clog the lungs of the enemy and make them go home. Alas, this was not the case as the Blood Angels struck back with a fury, destroying every skimmer in the Dark Eldar raiding force and killing their beloved Haemonculous. In the end, the faithful Wrack servants of the Coven of The Sprained Ankle held fast, capturing two precious objectives to the Blood Angel's 1.

Simpsonia put up a great game and was a great opponent to play against. I give him a gold star for both sportsmanship AND making me worry about my chances of victory.

MVPs:
    Dark Eldar: The Razorwings and their guns. Killed more dudes than anything else, even with cover, FNP and a 3+ armor save.
    Blood Angels: The Librarian and his sword psychic power. Killed a squad of grotesques like a hot knife through butter.

Extreaminatus on
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hrm...

Extended computer issues are making it likely I'm going to have to back out of this league, sadly. Moridin, not sure what that means for you getting points from our incomplete game, but to be frank you were kind of kickin' my ass and it would have taken a perfect storm of rolls for me to even tie, so I'll go ahead and count that as a win for ya :) .

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    anyone around to play?

Huntzy on
  • SageofTimesSageofTimes Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Huntzy wrote: »
    anyone around to play?
    I guess I'll play you, Huntzy. I'm on right now.

Edit: Also, in other news, Tau vs. DE (Sage vs. Halos), Tau are Victorious.
    Strong shooting at the start removed the mobility of his troops (blew his raiders up), along with his HQ/Bruiser squad's mobility. Combined with really low rolls on Halos' part, and he conceded at the start of T 3 (what was sure to be a fun turn of blowing apart the rest of his ravagers, and pelting the rest of his infantry).

Tau MVUs: Anti-tank for blowing things up, HHs for absorbing fire.
    DE MVUs: Ravagers for not dying immediately.

SageofTimes on
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the points then Susan.

As for the changing our army core lists on January first.... I worked double shifts on the 31st and the first, so I'll get to it now, and can we change armies completely? Or just our cores a bit?

Moridin889 on
    edited January 2011
    No, you can just change the core. Which by the way, if you are taking advantage of this, you need to post the new list.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited January 2011
    I'll probably change my list a bit, depending, just not all at once, gotta test something really quickly (if not, I'll just cut down on a couple of my choices and change a couple of things).

Huntzy and I are ~1/3 to 1/2 way through our game, but he's really busy for the next bit (hoping to find time for us to finish soon). Sharp, want to play a game at some point?

SageofTimes on
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Susan, Eldercat, either of you available for a game anytime?

Simpsonia on
    edited January 2011
    Simpsonia wrote: »

I'm out the league, sadly (Elder still needs to cross me off/give Moridin points for a win).

susan on
    edited January 2011
    Damn, I was looking forward to taking you on. Well next league then. I'll just open up my challenge to the first taker I haven't played yet. I'd like to get a game in this week as I'll be gone on vacation most of next week.

Simpsonia on
    edited January 2011
    susan wrote: »

I'm out the league, sadly (Elder still needs to cross me off/give Moridin points for a win).

I gave the pints to moridan, but I refuse to cross you out ... because I haven't played you yet!

I am hungry for a game! Just pick a night.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited January 2011
    New core 990 pts:
    1 Belial, Master of the Deathwing (HQ) @ 130 Pts
    #Terminator Armour; Twin Lightning Claws

5 Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) @ 270 Pts
    #Terminator Armour; Sergeant Terminator; Lightning Claw (x4); Thunder
    Hammer (x1); Lightning Claw 2 (x4); Storm Shield (x1); Apothecary
    Terminator; Terminator Standard Bearer

5 Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops) @ 215 Pts
    #Terminator Armour; Sergeant Terminator; Lightning Claw (x1); Power Fist
    (x4); Lightning Claw 2 (x1); Storm Bolter (x4)

1 Land Raider Crusader (Heavy Support) @ 250 Pts
    #Searchlight; #Smoke Launchers; #Power of the Machine Spirit; #Frag
    Assault Launchers; 2 Hurricane Bolters; Multi-Melta; TL Assault Cannon

1 Dreadnought (Elites) @ 125 Pts
    Front Armour: 12; Side Armour: 12; Rear Armour: 10; #Searchlight; #Smoke
    Launchers; Dread. CCW & Storm Bolter; Assault Cannon

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited January 2011
    ElderCat wrote: »
    susan wrote: »

I gave the pints to moridan, but I refuse to cross you out ... because I haven't played you yet!

*shrug* Fair enough, but Best Buy hasn't even contacted me about the status of my deceased laptop, so it's gonna be a while before I'm in any position to game.

susan on
    edited January 2011
    ElderCat wrote: »
    I am hungry for a game! Just pick a night.

I'm pretty available any night at all this week. How about tonight? You have any time preferences?

Simpsonia on
    edited January 2011
    Sharp, you up for a game? Also, should I toss in a revised list now or later?

SageofTimes on
    edited January 2011
    Post it when you want to use it.

I tried to log on for 2 hours last night but kept timing out. Sorry Simpsonia.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited January 2011
    No worries man. I'll get on tonight around 6-6:30 CST and check periodically from then on to see if you get on.

Simpsonia on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    New Core!
    (1005pts Total)

HQ:
    Baron Sathonyx

Troops:
    9x Hellion
    +Helliarchx
    ++Stun Claw and Splinter Pistol

10x Hellion
    +Helliarchx
    ++Phantasm Grenade Launcher
    ++Venom Blade and Splinter Pistol

10x Hellion
    +Helliarchx

10x Hellion
    +Helliarchx

Fast Attack:
    6x Jetbikes
    +2x Heat Lance
    ++Arena Champion
    +Venom Blade

Now then, who wants a game?

Extreaminatus on
    edited January 2011
    The Deathwing watched curiously as only 3 assault squads showed up to fight, not used to outnumbering a foe they nevertheless went about quickly putting them down, their efficient assaults meant that there were no DW casualties.

Yeah the Deepstrike dice just totally screwed Simpsonia. 4 mishaps, 2 of them were terrible accident, one was delayed, and 1 was misplaced and I put them in the opposite corner of the action on a 4x6. He conceded on turn three when his last squad to DS was the second terrible accident. There were no DW casualties due to the clever use of Landraiders. It was a terrible game and I felt bad winning that way. I hope I get to play a real game against you.

Oh yeah he also lost 4 guys to a heavy bolter, and an assault cannon fired at BS5. Just terrible luck.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited January 2011
    That was probably the most awful luck I've ever seen or had in any 40k game. Though, terrible luck seems to be a recurring theme in my last few games, hopefully that was rock bottom.

Simpsonia on
    edited January 2011
    Halos, I'm throwing down the spikey gauntlet. Let's do this, Dark Eldar style.

Extreaminatus on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I accept you challenge, kin to kin!

But I'll be using this new list, it's stupid gimmick time!

Core:
    HQ:
    Duke Sliscus 150
    Elites:
    4 Kabalite Trueborn 143
    - 2 Splinter Cannons, Venom [Splinter Cannon, Night Shield]
    Troops:
    5 Kabalite Warriors 120
    -Venom [Spinter Cannon, NIght Shield]
    5 Kabalite Warriors 120
    -Venom [Splinter Cannon, Night Shield]
    5 Kabalite Warriors 120
    -Venom [Splinter Cannon, Night Shield]
    Fast Attack:
    10 Scourges 220
    Heavy Support:
    Ravager 125
    -Night Shield, Flicker Field

Total: 998

But yeah fine, I'm up for a game whenever.

Halos Nach Tariff on
    edited January 2011
    Yay! Gimmick list versus gimmick list!

I'm good for a game on Monday, whenever's good for you.

Extreaminatus on
    edited January 2011
    I have temporarily escaped the clutches of the evil empire I am owned by!

So tonight or anytime tomorrow, if people want to play, just lemme know.

Moridin889 on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Monday should be fine Extreaminatus, I can be on pretty much whenever I think.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    New 901 core list for further experimentation!
    1500 Pts - Eldar Roster

HQ: Autarch (1#, 80 pts)
    1 Autarch, 80 pts ((pp.29 & 60 Eldar); Independent Character; Fleet; Master Strategist; Forceshield; Mandiblaster; Shuriken Pistol; Haywire Grenades; Plasma Grenades)

Troops: Guardian Jetbike Squadron (7#, 202 pts)
    6 Guardian Jetbike Squadron, 202 pts ((pp.40 & 64 Eldar); Unit Type: Jetbike Infantry; Turbo-boosters; Eldar Jetbike; Shuriken Cannon x2; TL Shuriken Catapults x4)
    1 Warlock ((pp.27-28 & 60 Eldar); Unit Type: Jetbike Infantry; Psyker; Embolden ; Turbo-boosters; Rune Armour; Eldar Jetbike; Shuriken Pistol; Witchblade; TL Shuriken Catapults x1)

Troops: Guardian Jetbike Squadron (7#, 202 pts)
    6 Guardian Jetbike Squadron, 202 pts ((pp.40 & 64 Eldar); Unit Type: Jetbike Infantry; Turbo-boosters; Eldar Jetbike; Shuriken Cannon x2; TL Shuriken Catapults x4)
    1 Warlock ((pp.27-28 & 60 Eldar); Unit Type: Jetbike Infantry; Psyker; Embolden ; Turbo-boosters; Rune Armour; Eldar Jetbike; Shuriken Pistol; Witchblade; TL Shuriken Catapults x1)

Fast Attack: Shining Spears (5#, 237 pts)
    4 Shining Spears, 237 pts ((pp.37 & 65 Eldar); Unit Type: Jetbike Infantry; Turbo-boosters; Eldar Jetbike; Laser Lance; TL Shuriken Catapults x4)
    1 Shining Spears Exarch (Unit Type: Jetbike Infantry; Turbo-boosters; Skilled Rider; Withdraw; Eldar Jetbike; Star Lance; TL Shuriken Catapults x1)

Heavy Support: War Walker Squadron (3#, 180 pts)
    1 War Walker Squadron, 180 pts ((pp.44 & 66 Eldar); Scouts)
    1 War Walker (Scatter Laser; Scatter Laser)

Total Roster Cost: 901

Should be available nights next week other than Monday.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited January 2011
    Halos, I'm hanging out in Vassal now, feel free to PM me when you can get on.

Extreaminatus on
    edited January 2011
    David Bowie's Space Pirates defeat the hordes of the Green Goblin in a typically sadistic fashion!

Or to be more precise Extreaminatus conceded after turn 2 when Baron Sathonyx's Shadow Field shorted out at a critical moment.

The game was Annihilation with a Dawn of War deployment and despite putting up a good show Extreaminatus' horde of Hellions and Reavers were cut down by the massed fire. Ending the game at 2KP to 4.

MVPs:
    Extreaminatus: The squad of Hellions who escaped the battle unscathed.
    Mine: The Kabalite Trueborn who scored five wounds against Baron Sathonyx, the first of which destroyed his Shadow Field.

Halos Nach Tariff on
    edited January 2011
    I challenge Law!

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited January 2011
    I'll probably be on tonight, Sharp, when do you want to do this?

SageofTimes on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tonight might work. I do have a new sound system to set up though.... Decisions Decisions

Sharp101 on
    edited January 2011
    Huntzy! A challenge, from me to you, to celebrate the new year!

Extreaminatus on
    edited January 2011
    Natus, he has to finish the game with me first (granted, it'd be a slaughter, so we could just say it's done, and maybe in the next 3-4 weeks he'll have time for a game with you).

Edit: When he responds to my PM about what time he's free, I'll toss this idea back at him.

SageofTimes on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sorry about last night Sage, I ended up spending a few hours setting up my new sound system and then a few more hours playing with it. :P

If you want to try and get a game in tonight, I should be around. :)

Sharp101 on
    edited January 2011
    Just say next time, it's annoying waiting for hours on end in the Vassal lobby. >_<

I'll probably be available tonight, we'll see, got TONS of work to do today. Expect me on at 8pm your time, if not later (just afk from 7pm on).

SageofTimes on
    edited January 2011
    Man, made it all the way to page 3 of CF...Who's available for a game?

Extreaminatus on
    edited January 2011
    I can play tonight if you'd like. New list and all that jazz.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited January 2011
    I guess I'd better try and get another game in too.

So anyone who hasn't played me yet and wants a game this weekend drop me a PM or something.

Halos Nach Tariff on
    edited January 2011
    I can play this weekend, but only early in the day, or extremely late. I work 2nd shift all week, around 3pm Central. If that fits into anyones schedule, I'll be there.

P.S. Law, were you ever going to respond to my challenge? I know finals are over by now lol

Moridin889 on