As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Too Old For This [chat]

• PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Although I will say for eye stuff try Urban Decay. I love their stuff. I'm still learning how to make-up and hair things, but I started with them. Easy to use, lots of colors.

That reminds me, I might re-henna. Might have my friend put in some blonde highlights first, though, so the red shows as more than a red sheen in direct sunlight.

Passerbye on
  • radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    The worst thing was when I was shopping on Monday and got stuck in a top I could not take off without help

that was embarrassing

I've done this before! Dresses too. >>

radroadkill on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yeah

oh bsg

such greatness but such disappointing nonsense at the same time

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The worst thing was when I was shopping on Monday and got stuck in a top I could not take off without help

that was embarrassing

Really? How?

Passerbye on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey, can someone link me to the Family Guy clip where Stewie is making fun of Brian's novel in an increasingly high-pitched voice and finally Brian smacks him in the face with it?

Captain Carrot on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    So birds are dropping dead at my office outside. There's one just faceplanted in the ground right outside my window

you better be fucking kidding AH that shit is not fucking funny

I'm not...

apocolypto co-worker is taking magnetic readings outside, and has done so for six months and noticed them going up.

bullshit

probably

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Richy wrote: »

that was embarrassing
    I'll help you :winky:

haha

while I appreciate the sentiment, no one wants to see my torso right now

not even me

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oh no biggie

eddy was there and then 3 of my other college friends well and then actually 2 other people from college and then my coworker and his friends

was entertaining

eddy actually somehow went to queens and then was on the g or something and i texted him and managed to get him in the right direction

what a goose

G goes right to the knitting factory, so he was kind of right

it's just a terrible, roundabout way when you have the L right there

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Re-watching the boxing episode of BSG makes me forgive it all it's shortcomings.

Tav on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    BSG don't make no sense

individual episodes of BSG, even individual story arcs within BSG, are some of the finest TV i've ever watched

the special effects, production design, cinematography, direction, and my god the acting were consistently top notch

but the show is a serial built around an over-arching meta-plot that don't make no sense and was pulled out of the ass of the writers on a case-by-case basis

it is terrible

you compare it to something that was written by someone who gave a shit (like JMS writing Babylon 5) and it is so incredibly awful

i refuse to watch Caprica because i know it's going to be more of that shit, and even if it isn't it's still a prequel to a meaningless "universe" that is terrible and makes no sense

Pony on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    and then that is a mystery Six won't explain and it becomes the focus of the next few seasons

it became obvious to me the writers didn't know who the Final Five were either, because this show is fucking made up week-to-week as they go along and all this meta-plot and mystery is a giant fucking waste of my time why am I watching this meaningless BULLSHIT

and i kept watching, out of hopes that i was just cynical and i'd turn out to be wrong

then the show literally ended with Deus Ex Machina and i wanted to eat a gun

When I found out one of the final five was
    that chick who worked for Laura who had maybe five lines in the entire series until then
    I just thought "you really just pulled all of this out of your ass five minutes before the script was due didn't you?"

They kinda had to with that one.
    It was originally supposed to be the guy that was her original assistant, but he had other commitments or something like that.

Quid on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Although I will say for eye stuff try Urban Decay. I love their stuff. I'm still learning how to make-up and hair things, but I started with them. Easy to use, lots of colors.

That reminds me, I might re-henna. Might have my friend put in some blonde highlights first, though, so the red shows as more than a red sheen in direct sunlight.

My girlfriend did the whole henna thing the other week. Her hair smelled like poop for a long time.

Told her I was going to make her put a bag over her head before bed so it wouldn't get in my face.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Hey, can someone link me to the Family Guy clip where Stewie is making fun of Brian's novel in an increasingly high-pitched voice and finally Brian smacks him in the face with it?

Can't find the actual clip, but this works.

Passerbye on
    edited January 2011

that was embarrassing

Really? How?

Boobs.

Also, I need to rehenna as well. I'm thinking of growing my hair out for a bit... but it still needs to be done. I've been needing to do it for months. The sun here washes my natural red out so bad.

radroadkill on
    edited January 2011
    Someday I will watch Babylon 5.

Captain Carrot on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2011
    With rare exception, I actually liked the "nonsense" BSG spun together, as did all of my BSG watching friends and family.

The only place I EVER see any hate for it is on the internets. Not to say the hate isn't real; it is. I just think a lot more people like the way they ended the series than D&D would have you believe.

That said, I think I am the only one of those friends and family who stuck with Caprica to the bitter end. I liked some of what they were saying, but the unfocused mess that was that show, and the unlikable cast they created, was doomed for total failure.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Funnily enough, the part of BSG I hated the most, and by far, was Baltar's trial. Such a great idea with so much potential, thrown away in a bad American legal drama parody that was decided by a speech that had no bearing on the accusations.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

that was embarrassing

Really? How?

Boobs.

Also, I need to rehenna as well. I'm thinking of growing my hair out for a bit... but it still needs to be done. I've been needing to do it for months. The sun here washes my natural red out so bad.

in my case, my shoulders were just slightly too wide

it looked dynamite on, but I could not get it off without someone pulling it over my head

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think Pony got hit by the rage stick.

Daxon on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Quid wrote: »
    It was originally supposed to be the guy that was her original assistant, but he had other commitments or something like that.

That would have been so much better! I don't get why the chose who they did, though, because her position was not relevant to her cylon status at all.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    and then that is a mystery Six won't explain and it becomes the focus of the next few seasons

it became obvious to me the writers didn't know who the Final Five were either, because this show is fucking made up week-to-week as they go along and all this meta-plot and mystery is a giant fucking waste of my time why am I watching this meaningless BULLSHIT

and i kept watching, out of hopes that i was just cynical and i'd turn out to be wrong

that chick who worked for Laura who had maybe five lines in the entire series until then
    I just thought "you really just pulled all of this out of your ass five minutes before the script was due didn't you?"

Wait, is that why they killed off Billy?

Because I never forgave them for that. The only thing I liked about Tori was
    watching Chief Tyrol strangle her.

Regina Fong on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i require a MTG nerd for questions!

Arch on
    edited January 2011

i don't believe they ever thought that far ahead, Quid

they might've had plans to make Billy a Cylon, but that has nothing to do with all their "Final Five" bullshit that they literally made up that season

Pony on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Oh hai.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oh my god just finding plus sized stores in toronto is going to make me vomit.

uuuuuuuuugh I hate my body

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Huh, I feel surprisingly good for someone who got so depressed he drank until he made a complete ass of himself and then had to get up in 6 hours. I guess I really did just need to blow off some steam.

Silas Brown on
    edited January 2011
    Richy wrote: »
    Funnily enough, the part of BSG I hated the most, and by far, was Baltar's trial. Such a great idea with so much potential, thrown away in a bad American legal drama parody that was decided by a speech that had no bearing on the accusations.

That's where I'm at right now watching it with my mom. They just "killed off" her favorite character and now this fairly lame trial which is being strung out over three fucking episodes.

She's losing interest and I don't want to spoil it for her, but she needs to keep watching.

Regina Fong on
    edited January 2011
    The first season of BSG was phenomenal and nothing will ever change that.

I may never watch the final season.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited January 2011

Is there a Torrid there? I like Torrid.

Edit: I'm not going to lie, I thought I wouldn't have a hard time finding stores that cater to bigger women in Hawaii. GUESS WHAT, I WAS WRONG.

Everyone sells shit for the tiny Japanese tourists.

I'm not even quite as big as I was! I'm not tiny but I need shit cut for boobs and hips. NOT HAPPENING HERE, JERKS!

radroadkill on
    edited January 2011
    Huh, I feel surprisingly good for someone who got so depressed he drank until he made a complete ass of himself and then had to get up in 6 hours. I guess I really did just need to blow off some steam.

I think you owe me an apology for the shit you said to me last night.

My feet aren't big and stupid, you can't unring that bell.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited January 2011

Can't find the actual clip, but this works.

But that doesn't have the head-smack at all!

Captain Carrot on
    edited January 2011

i don't believe they ever thought that far ahead, Quid

they might've had plans to make Billy a Cylon, but that has nothing to do with all their "Final Five" bullshit that they literally made up that season

I think they were kicking themselves for choosing a number that high (12). Because they already had one model that they almost never used, and a second who they just barely used and then they were like "Shit, 5 more?"

Regina Fong on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Probably the greatest sci-fi show ever made, and it created arc based shows.

However, I'm not sure how it'd be going into it now. The acting is frequently pretty poor, and it had a budget lower then most british soaps.

Leitner on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2011
    The first season of BSG was phenomenal and nothing will ever change that.

I may never watch the final season.

Don't let the Internet hate keep you from something you might enjoy.

The final confrontation was so fucking epic, there are no words.

And the Battlestar Galactica proves to be the most amazing ship in the history of ever.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    edited January 2011
    My girlfriend did the whole henna thing the other week. Her hair smelled like poop for a long time.

Told her I was going to make her put a bag over her head before bed so it wouldn't get in my face.

Yeah, I use Lush's henna for it 'cause it's got other things added to prevent the smell. I don't mind it, kind of smells like collard greens, but some people don't like it.
    syndalis wrote: »
    That said, I think I am the only one of those friends and family who stuck with Caprica to the bitter end. I liked some of what they were saying, but the unfocused mess that was that show, and the unlikable cast they created, was doomed for total failure.

I... I think both Dyr and I disagree with you on this. But I don't particularly feel like arguing it.

It's pretty good, though I haven't finished it yet. Wandered off around Season 3.
    Boobs.

Ahhhh. When I went bra shopping I found out I've apparently gone up a cup size, but down a bra size. Strangest thing.

So you're turning blonde?

Passerbye on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Oh hai.

now i don't play much, but i like thematic decks etc

would it be possible to sort of make a decent deck with these ideas?

only creature spell is insects

you have a lot of things like giant growth that makes them big and lets them trample

also throw in a bit of infection mechanics?

like radioactive b movie monster deck

it would most likely be black/green right?

Arch on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Is there a Torrid there? I like Torrid.

I don't know I have no idea how to look for this shit. I just googled plus sized stores Toronto and the first hits are like expensive vintage shit that's like $200 for a skirt.

uuuuuuuuuuugnnnnnnnnh.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited January 2011
    Daxon wrote: »
    I think Pony got hit by the rage stick.

There's few things that rage me out more than bad serial writing.

I'm a writer. I have, in fact, written TV before. I don't talk about it a whole lot but it is a thing I've done. Point is, when you are doing a serial TV series I think you have an obligation as a writer not to make shit up as you go along.

Episodic TV series, or episodic TV series with the occasional story arc thrown in, are a little different since they're more about the status quo than an ongoing meta-plot.

But BSG was a serial show, like Lost. Every episode followed the previous, and with a few exceptions none of the episodes are self-contained stories you could just drop from the show without missing anything in the future.

When you are writing a show like that, I think you better fucking make sure you know what you are doing. If you are going to foreshadow plot threads, actually know where they are going. Don't just leave dangling hints you later come back and try to weave together like it's what you meant to do all along, because trust me it fucking shows, at the very least it shows to a writer and especially someone who has worked on TV some.

Pony on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Leitner wrote: »

Probably the greatest sci-fi show ever made, and it created arc based shows.

However, I'm not sure how it'd be going into it now. The acting is frequently pretty poor, and it had a budget lower then most british soaps.

no it didn't

those existed since serials

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.