As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW-Warriors] Blizzard's perfect class. Envy us.

• JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Does anyone here use Inner Rage macros? Macro'ing Inner Rage to all your low rage cost abilities (Revenge, Overpower, Bloodsurge Slam, etc) and /cancelaura Inner Rage to all your expensive and non damaging rage abilities.

I've been thinking about doing this, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Buddies wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    It feels like Devastate does more damage at less rage cost at a faster pace than Heroic Strike. Am I crazy, or shouldn't the former just replace the latter on my bars?

It doesn't benefit from Incite, but HS crits stopped being my dps method anyway. I could move those points to Improved Armor and glyph for Devastate.

Plus it has an awesome animation and sound!

Good News! You can do them both at the same time! Heroic Strike is off the Global cooldown. On most boss fights you can use it every three seconds and it will not interfere with your tanking rotation. Rage is the only limiting factor in considering when to use heroic strike.

I did not realize this; thanks for the info! Back on my bars it goes, heh.

Rius on
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alright, so having played both today in PvP, my feral doesn't do as much as my PvP geared Warrior. That was silly to say.

However, the difference is not staggering for the level and gear difference.

I think I do need to mess with my rotation and button lay out though for smoother transitions. Realign the buttons so that the ones I press the most are all on the first row or something.

Almost all of my warrior frustration comes from the amount of CC I endure, and can do nothing about. There's a lot of it, and most other classes have more, straight up better, or both, options.

I'm VERY VERY frustrated with how shitty Heroic Leap is, I think Bladestorm should have a minor speed boost (I can be kited easily even if I can't be snared), and PvP trinkets in general need to have a lower CD.

Endomatic on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Shitty? I love heroic leap! It even works underwater!

Okay, I use it more for mobility and getting to quest lootables before others, but still.

Arrath on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Endomatic wrote: »
    Alright, so having played both today in PvP, my feral doesn't do as much as my PvP geared Warrior. That was silly to say.

However, the difference is not staggering for the level and gear difference.

My question: How was your feral's gear? ICC type stuff? I promise, your druid's crit will drop like a boulder to the bottom of the ocean in the process of leveling to 85.

Bobble on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jephery wrote: »
    Does anyone here use Inner Rage macros? Macro'ing Inner Rage to all your low rage cost abilities (Revenge, Overpower, Bloodsurge Slam, etc) and /cancelaura Inner Rage to all your expensive and non damaging rage abilities.

I was thinking about trying this. I just dont like using heroic strike and I am going to respec those talent points into silence. That would be a much better tool than a used once in a great while ability. With the amount of stuns going around (+my warrior) my rage regen is not as good as it should be in most heroics. And most boss fights I have a handle on within the first 20 seconds.

We shall see tonite about raid bosses. Finally got the clear to raid and we are going to try bastion10. We all took a break off for the holidays.

Jubal77 on
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I rarely find myself using HS. If I need to dump rage, it's Inner Rage time.

I don't macro it though (thought that sounds like a very interesting idea to try for my DPS spec), because if I'm in a high rage situation where I want to use it (i.e. a boss) then I have plenty of rage to just burn with IR.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inner Rage is pretty terrible outside Deadly Calm or macros to link it only to very cheap abilities.

Heroic Strike is great, one of your primary DPS abilities right now. Get 3/3 incite and switch up your rotation, Inner Rage is a terrible ability to rely on for general rage management.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
    edited January 2011
    Can you be a little more specific? As a tank how do you use HS then?

I feel like in an AoE situation I would be prioritizing several other things, especially Cleave. In a single-target fight perhaps HS is a better rage dump than IR, but so far I've either been in a situation where I could just use both or didn't really want to use either.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I thought you couldn't use Inner Rage with Deadly Calm, is that a bug?

Heroic Strike is the shit. So good they are nerfing it in fact.

Yes, Cleave is what you use in packs. It shares a cooldown with HS.

The only fight I really use inner rage on is the second fight in VP. Being upwind of him gives you a stupid amount of rage, you can't spend it without inner rage.

Buddies on
    edited January 2011
    You can't use Inner Rage during Deadly Calm, but you can use Deadly Calm while IR is up.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cleave is basically HS for AOE.

In a single target situation, any time you hit 60 rage, use HS, this should be super often which will be a huge DPS increase over using IR ever.

815165 on
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I love using Inner Rage as Prot, though. Never have rage issues, either.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    edited January 2011
    I've switched over to favoring HS rather than IR on you guys' recommendation. I can't tell whether it's making much of a difference, and in high-rage fights I can still use both. It is perhaps a more responsive way to deal with excess rage.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I started using Inner Rage Macros on my Shield Slam, Devastate and Revenge, and Cancel Aura on Heroic Strike and Cleave.

Pretty funny seeing that little angry face pop over my head constantly.

Buddies on
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Patch 4.0.6 went up on the PTR not long ago. Here are the Warrior changes.
    Arms

* Lambs to the Slaughter now stacks up to 3 times, lasts 15 seconds and affects Slam - Your Mortal Strike causes the Slaughter effect, which increases the damage of Execute, Overpower, Slam and Mortal Strike by 10%. Lasts 15 sec. Stacks up to 1/2/3 times.
    * Juggernaut no longer increases the cooldown of Charge by 5 seconds and now makes Charge and Intercept share a cooldown instead. Now increases the duration of your Charge stun by 2 sec.

Fury

* Raging Blow now deals 80% weapon damage, down from 110%.

Remember, this is not set in stone and subject to the whims of the fickle Blues.

I like the changes to LttS, but I'm not sure if it will be enough to bring Arms out of the dps cellar.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I threw HS on my bars for raiding and I do like it so now i have a tought time deciding on grabbing the silence talents .... The charge change makes sense but sucks as I have to now use Conc Blow differently now because of the DiminishR.

Also we have an Arms warrior and he is currently doing just fine dps in the raids we have had. 10k+

Jubal77 on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Making Lambs to the Slaughter stack makes no sense to me. If it stacks up to 3 times, but also affects Mortal Strike itself... how the hell are you ever going to stack it? Unless they're changing it to not be consumed, which is nice, but then you might as well just change the talent to increase the relevant damage by 30%, as it'll be up 100% anyways.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    edited January 2011
    Making Lambs to the Slaughter stack makes no sense to me. If it stacks up to 3 times, but also affects Mortal Strike itself... how the hell are you ever going to stack it? Unless they're changing it to not be consumed, which is nice, but then you might as well just change the talent to increase the relevant damage by 30%, as it'll be up 100% anyways.

Ramp-up talents are nothing new, Blizzard likes them for PvP, makes it harder to frontload all your damage and rewards maintaining uptime on a target.

PotatoNinja on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Since HS and Cleave were a proportionately larger % of SMF's damage than TG... ... ... And since HS and Cleave are getting nerfed, while Raging Blow (which TG does better) is getting buffed (both from War Academy and the change to the mastery)...

And since SMF, at least according to EJ, is a bit behind TG anyway...

I wonder what Blizzard is going to do to address it, because the gap is going to widen with the current patch notes.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jephery wrote: »

Wait, does this actually work? If so, I guess them taking IR off the GCD opened up a small can of worms. There's no other limitation on IR then? No cooldown or anything?

Any testing to show how much of a difference this makes?

Ramp-up talents are nothing new, Blizzard likes them for PvP, makes it harder to frontload all your damage and rewards maintaining uptime on a target.
    Yup. Although this is one of the most lenient ramp-up talents around since it's still in full effect no matter how much target switching you do, unless there's a significant break in the action between targets. Also it's completely passive and built into the rotation.

forty on
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    forty wrote: »
    Wait, does this actually work? If so, I guess them taking IR off the GCD opened up a small can of worms. There's no other limitation on IR then? No cooldown or anything?

Any testing to show how much of a difference this makes?

There is no GCD on Inner Rage, but I haven't been able to test it because I sat out for last night's raids so the new tank could get experience for the fights, as we're starting a second ten man group soon.

On the notes, these buffs are pretty good for Arms. 45% increased damage to MS, 30% increased damage to Slam and all Executes, at a cost of a 35% decrease in HS and Cleave damage.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
    edited January 2011
    I truly hope the Juggernaut change doesn't go live. Charge + Intercept let you do so many fun things, and there are so many engagements (hunters, druids, mages, warlocks, elemental shamans) where only having one gap closer is grossly insufficient.

With only a single gap closer, warriors will be much less fun to play and Arms warriors will be limited to "sit on one target for an entire fight while somebody spams dispels on you" as a tactic. No swapping or switching targets.

PotatoNinja on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Any recommended macros/button setups for prot warriors? Just tanked one at 73 for the first time, went well, but there's SO MANY BUTTONS

SniperGuy on
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Play a warrior starting at level one and level up as prot. That'll teach you how. :D

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
    edited January 2011
    You need quick access to (I have these bound/macro'd on buttons 1-6): Taunt, Shield Slam, Revenge, Devastate, Rend, Heroic Strike (and Cleave), Spell Reflect, Shield Bash, and Concussion Blow.

Somewhat less priority (I mouse-click these): Shield Wall, Enraged Regeneration, Last Stand, Thunderclap, Shockwave and Demoralizing Shout.

Miscellaneous/situational: Intimidating Shout, Challenging Shout, Disarm, Inner Rage.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    edited January 2011
    Here are my keybinds in defensive stance:

Top row is QERF1234 from left to right, second row is shift+those, third is ctrl+those and fourth is clickables (except for heroic leap which is ctrl+space).

abilities.png

Using bartender/dominoes you can have different bars for different stances which really helps you save keys.

815165 on
    edited January 2011
    I truly hope the Juggernaut change doesn't go live. Charge + Intercept let you do so many fun things, and there are so many engagements (hunters, druids, mages, warlocks, elemental shamans) where only having one gap closer is grossly insufficient.

With only a single gap closer, warriors will be much less fun to play and Arms warriors will be limited to "sit on one target for an entire fight while somebody spams dispels on you" as a tactic. No swapping or switching targets.

Use Heroic Leap as a gap closer. It works really well.

Bizazedo on
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bizazedo wrote: »

It may work okay as a gap closer but it does not work near as well as charge and intercept do. Relying on Heroic Leap to make up for the loss of Juggernaut is a big time nerf. Juggernaut was supposed to be a fix for the beginning of Wrath when Warriors were the least represented arena class and undoing it will probably have enormous repercussions for high level play.

Walt on
    edited January 2011
    Walt wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    It may work okay as a gap closer but it does not work near as well as charge and intercept do. Relying on Heroic Leap to make up for the loss of Juggernaut is a big time nerf. Juggernaut was supposed to be a fix for the beginning of Wrath when Warriors were the least represented arena class and undoing it will probably have enormous repercussions for high level play.

100% agreed, but he was just talking about gaps :).

Bizazedo on
    edited January 2011
    Well, no, Heroic Leap is a TERRIBLE gap closer and an EXCELLENT completely flat open ground with no decals or terrain or inclines or declines or fences or area transitions closer.

If the patch notes included "Heroic Leap now actually works more often than it doesn't" I'd be pretty happy. I still think the Juggernaut change is inelegant and makes the warrior class dumber and less fun. One less thing to worry about, one less reason to ever change stances, one less tactic to use, but sitting on the priest still works just fine. Bleh.

PotatoNinja on
    edited January 2011
    I've been using HL to jump just infront of that asshole mage in the distance, instead of trying to hit them in the AOE. Seems to work better that way.

edit: assuming there's a fucking path available. :x

815165 on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, no, Heroic Leap is a TERRIBLE gap closer and an EXCELLENT completely flat open ground with no decals or terrain or inclines or declines or fences or area transitions closer.

If the patch notes included "Heroic Leap now actually works more often than it doesn't" I'd be pretty happy.
    I still think the Juggernaut change is inelegant and makes the warrior class dumber and less fun. One less thing to worry about, one less reason to ever change stances, one less tactic to use, but sitting on the priest still works just fine. Bleh.

Mages here.
    Don't hold your breath.

The Muffin Man on
    edited January 2011
    Exactly, which is why most complaints say "we only have one gap closer."

Because I guess saying "we have two gap closers but one is really shitty and rarely works" is just kind of obnoxious to type out.

PotatoNinja on
  • NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I love heroic leap. I know it's not perfect, but it's pretty damned awesome. I don't feel like it's anywhere near as touchy as blink, though. I can heroic leap through the threshold of a door, for example.

We can't leap over gaps, which I understand why they did, but it still sucks. It looks like we can't leap up an incline if it's more than two or three yards of vertical change. And we can't leap down from a cliff to a lower spot, which I don't understand at all.

I still love it. And it was pretty great to have a friend ask me what the hell I had just done the first time I used it by him. I still want my headbutt.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Endomatic wrote: »
    I'm VERY VERY frustrated with how shitty Heroic Leap is, I think Bladestorm should have a minor speed boost (I can be kited easily even if I can't be snared), and PvP trinkets in general need to have a lower CD.
    You know you can snare (or in some cases root/stun) your intended target before you Bladestorm, right?

forty on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh hey page 100

I hope our new OP is not based on information a year old

EJ warrior information is not very easy to make sense of

Gonna be starting a new warrior soon and wondering how to stat/what professions are ideal

INeedNoSalt on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I imagine professions are still BS/Jewelcrafting, since extra sockets let you improve any stat you want and I think jewelcrafting gives you one more stat point than the other professions. Actually I think that logic should apply to any class, unless there are any professions that have BIS items for one or more slots for a given class.

Smasher on
  • CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    are there any good cata PvP guides for build order/macros etc?

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hope they get around to adjusting the 4pc pvp bonus to accommodate juggernaut, at least

stats depend on spec... what are you planning on doing?

as far as optimal professions go, welcome to cataclysm engineering and leatherworking are that way

Dehumanized on
This discussion has been closed.