As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Things to do in Toronto

RichyRichy Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'll be in Downtown Toronto for an evening, as a layover in a trip. I have a friend in town, so that's good. However, we have no idea what to do. Museums and the Brewery District are all closed at that time, no ghost tours are scheduled for that day, we have no real shows in mind, and we don't want to go drinking. We're looking for something like visits and cultural stuff we can talk together while we do them.

Data:
The date is January 20th.
The time is approximately from 7pm to 11pm.
The place is around Downtown Toronto. At 11:30pm I take the greyhound, so I can't end up too far away from there.

Any ideas will be welcome.

sig.gif
Richy on

• Options
    exmelloexmello Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As an alternative to the normal places (CN Tower, Kessington Market, ROM) people suggest here's my suggestion:

There's nothing wrong with just bundling up and walking. See the sights, observe the locals. It's what I do any time I have a free day in any new city. I just tie my shoes, pick a direction and start walking. Take a break to eat halfway through.

exmello on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Leafs play the Ducks that night... Game should end around 9:30ish, and the ACC is right on the subway line to get you back to wherever you need to go (not familiar with bus terminals in Toronto).

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Richy wrote: »
    So I'll be in Downtown Toronto for an evening, as a layover in a trip. I have a friend in town, so that's good. However, we have no idea what to do. Museums and the Brewery District are all closed at that time, no ghost tours are scheduled for that day, we have no real shows in mind, and we don't want to go drinking. We're looking for something like visits and cultural stuff we can talk together while we do them.

Data:
    The date is January 20th.
    The time is approximately from 7pm to 11pm.
    The place is around Downtown Toronto. At 11:30pm I take the greyhound, so I can't end up too far away from there.

Any ideas will be welcome.

Did you ask in D&D [chat]? We have several Toronto people in there, they may have some ideas.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Walk to somewhere interesting and get something to eat. If your starting and ending place is the downtown bus terminal around Dundas and Bay, you could walk up through the U of T stuff, which is always nice, then through Queen's Park, and along Bloor past Lee's Palace, Honest Ed's, Sonic Boom, Bloor Cinema (might even be something on you'd want to see), then right into Koreatown, where you can get some delicious, filling, hot, and inexpensive gamjatang.

It's what I'd do.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    saint2e wrote: »
    Leafs play the Ducks that night... Game should end around 9:30ish, and the ACC is right on the subway line to get you back to wherever you need to go (not familiar with bus terminals in Toronto).

Tickets are $100 on the lower end so I don't know how worthwhile that is.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Scalpers are aplenty... I've usually had good luck close to game time. They're desperate to sell their last tickets.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Second City is good fun. Tickets are $24 (or $15 if you have a valid student ID... I can still use my Western ID from eight years ago because there is no expiry :P)

Show starts at 8:00p.m. I'm assuming your bus stops at Union, so that's maybe 15 minutes walking distance.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment